Banded Hoopa-U
Fire Punch Hoopa-Unbound
Assault Vest Hoopa-USubCalm Mind Hoopa-UTrick Room Hoopa-UStallbreaker Hoopa-U
T-Wave Hoopa-U
Sub Hoopa-U
Special Lure Hoopa-Unbound
Djinn Blocker (Dual Screens Hoopa-U)
Mixed Sub Hoopa-U
Line 4 is overwhelmed by 4 Hoopa-U's creative set so you have to fix it.

My vote goes to:

T-Wave Hoopa-U

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Line 4 is overwhelmed by 4 Hoopa-U's creative set so you have to fix it.

My vote goes to:

T-Wave Hoopa-U
LOL I didn't even see that until now, it must have glitched out when I posted it! But anyway Voting Ends now and our winner is T-Wave Hoopa-Unbound by yuruuu!

The Pokemon for Week 5 is Gardevoir
/

In Gen 6 Gardevoir got the new Fairy typing making it the new Dragon Type slayer and with also its Mega Evolution has greater power in Special Attack making it an excellent Stall Breaker.​

Last edited:
Reactions: TPP
Substitute Mega Gardevoir

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 16 HP/ 8 Def/ 232 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Substitute
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast/Calm Mind

This set gives Mega Gardevoir a good way to deal with faster revenge killers and beat stall teams that rely on moves like leech seed and toxic to wear it down. It makes predictions less necessary and can get up subs against a decent amount of threats, like unboosted Manaphy.

If steels aren't an issue, Calm Mind can be used along side it to allow Mega Gardevoir to use many weaker special attackers as set-up fodder.

Last edited:
Support Scarf Gardevoir

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Healing Wish
- Destiny Bond
- Trick

Gardevoir has a lot of great support options at her disposal plus decent special attack and speed making her a powerful and unpredictable scarfer. Moonblast + scarf makes her a decent revenge killer and late-game cleaner, healing wish to revive a weakened wincon, trick to cripple a wall such as Chansey or Clefable and destiny bond to net surprise KOs against otherwise-counters such as Bisharp. Trace + scarf also revenges weather sweepers.

Last edited:
Pain Split M-Gard

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Pain Split
- Taunt
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast / Thunderbolt / Will-o-wisp

This is basically just a mod to deal with ABR stall more reliably. Standard Taunt or CM M-Gard can't get past SToss Chansey without sacrificing most or all of its health, necessitating Healing Wish support. Pain Split makes you much more self-sufficient, and basically takes away a lot of stall's usual counterplay against Gard.

I went with standard max speed because stuff like Adamant Exca and Landog, offensive Heatran etc, but if beating stall is the sole concern then you can invest in some HP and defense to help deal with things like ScarfTar, SDef Talonflame (if using Thunderbolt), etc.

Speaking of Thunderbolt, it's a reasonable option in the last slot for Skarmory, always 2HKOing specially defensive spreads in conjunction with Hyper Voice, and Talonflame. Focus Blast still 2HKO's Skarm 49% of the time and gives you an option against Heatran, Ferro etc, and Wisp hits M-Scizor, M-Meta, Ferro and Skarm to an extent, and so on.

Last edited:
Healing Wish M-Gardevoir

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Timid / Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / HP Fire / HP Ground
Pretty much standard Megavoir except it has healing wish for the final slot
Healing wish helps give some sweepers another chance when gardy can't do anything else

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Mean Look Stall Torturer Gardevoir

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Mean Look
- Disable
- Trick
- Psychic/Psyshock

Every played Stall? You probably have and it's annoying right? Well go ahead and use this. It's like gothitelle but does the job faster. Trick the opponent a scarf as they try to set up spikes or a leech seed then just mean look and disable them. Watch them die in your face as YOU stall out stall.

It's like gothitelle but does the job faster. Trick the opponent a scarf as they try to set up spikes or a leech seed then just mean look and disable them.
Wouldn't they just switch before you can mean look them because you made them choiced locked into spikes/leech seed the previous turn?

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Focus Blast / Taunt / Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock

Jaja. People generally try to switch steel types to take Hyper Voice, so I hit them up with a nice Hypnosis...unreliable af, but fun to use. Turns their steel types into a liability so you can set up with another mon.

Future Sight Support

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Timid/Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

I always thought that Future Sight was an interesting option on Gardevoir because its raw power and coverage are so good. Anything that wants to switch into Future Sight will get snapped in half by a coverage move; Dark-types will be KO'ed by Hyper Voice, Steel-types by Focus Blast (if it hits). Future Sight + Healing Wish is interesting as well, as partners with good coverage can take advantage of the full health restoration as well as the cover of a powerful incoming Psychic-type attack. Both natures work: Timid is preferred to either tie or get the jump on more Pokemon, but Modest is definitely a viable option with this set due to the switches that it causes.

Cleric Mega Gardevoir

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell / Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp / Focus Blast

Mega Gardevoir's stats and typing allow it to be a somewhat effective cleric. Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice backed by a base 165 special attack stat is very powerful, even without investment, making it less passive than most clerics.

If the team already has a dedicated cleric, there are other options for the last slot. Thunder Wave and Will-o-Wisp punish most switch-ins, while Focus Blast is Gardevoir's only option for dealing with Steel-types.

The given EV spread allows Gardevoir to avoid the 2HKO from Weavile's Knock Off and Kyurem-B's Ice Beam, while also outspeeding neutral-natured base 70s.

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Offensive Scarf Gardevoir
Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish / Memento
- Moonblast
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Trick / Focus Blast / Memento

With Gardevoir's good offensive typing, access to HW, Memento, Trick and the ability to bluff mega on team preview, Gardevoir is able to use a scarf set to decent avail on teams which need a combination of its typing and better speed tier than mega Gardevoir. Psychic v.s. Psyshock really comes down to what your team needs to cover, while HW v.s. Memento (assuming you don't run both) comes down to whether you benefit more from the setup opportunities provided by Memento or from the second shot that HW provides.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 16 HP/ 8 Def/ 232 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Substitute
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast/Calm Mind

This set gives Mega Gardevoir a good way to deal with faster revenge killers and beat stall teams that rely on moves like leech seed and toxic to wear it down. It makes predictions less necessary and can get up subs easily against Scarf Lando-T (traces levitate before mega evolving) and unboosted Manaphy.

If steels aren't an issue, Calm Mind can be used along side it to allow Mega Gardevoir to use many weaker special attackers as set-up fodder.
I hate to break it to you, but Lando-T doesn't get Levitate. I assume u meant Intimidate, but even with that you aren't setting up on Scarf Lando-T: -1 252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 16 HP / 8 Def Mega Gardevoir: 166-196 (59 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

Last edited:
Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish / Memento
- Moonblast
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Trick / Focus Blast / Memento

With Gardevoir's good offensive typing, access to HW, Memento, Trick and the ability to bluff mega on team preview, Gardevoir is able to use a scarf set to decent avail on teams which need a combination of its typing and better speed tier than non-mega Gardevoir. Psychic v.s. Psyshock really comes down to what your team needs to cover, while HW v.s. Memento (assuming you don't run both) comes down to whether you benefit more from the setup opportunities provided by Memento or from the second shot that HW provides.

U gate to break it to you, but Lando-T doesn't get Levitate. I assume u meant Intimidate, but even with that you aren't setting up on Scarf Lando-T: -1 252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 16 HP / 8 Def Mega Gardevoir: 166-196 (59 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.
Oh yeah thanks for pointing that out. I think my brain stopped working :/

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
I was originally going to do this tomorrow but I'm going to be pretty busy. Voting starts now, and here are your choices:

Support Scarf Gardevoir
Pain Split M-Gard
Healing Wish M-Gardevoir
Hypnosis Mega Gardevoir
Future Sight Support
Thunder Wave Mega Gardevoir
Cleric Mega Gardevoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)