The NFL Fantasy Football Thread, 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile regarding trades

Not a single person in my money league would trade their backup QB for Mark Ingram

Kill me

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lol I was up by over 70 points with my opponent having two players left. Woke up this morning and I lost! They had Goff and Hill... :(

Fun from my League C team this week:

Tyfreak 47.38 points
Mahomey 39.92 points

Todd Gurley plus six waiver wire bums 30.00 points combined

Still finished 4th in scoring for the week not bad :pimp:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Meanwhile I had a week for the ages. 39.16 points!

It's ok though because I clinched the playoffs 2 weeks ago and am just getting my slump out of the way now so I can surge again when it counts!

Quick poll: Is an unbalanced trade ok when you clearly benefit from both sides of the trade?

I’ve got Ingram rotting on my bench and am considering trading him for the Bears D (LOL). I upgrade my starting roster for a playoff push, and on the other side a playoff longshot has a better chance of winning his last two games against opponents I need to lose to make the playoffs.

This seems like the type of trade that would be vetoed, but the trade clearly and obviously benefits both (starting) lineups. The fact that he plays my divisional opponents is just an added bonus.

Interested in hearing opinions.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why is Ingram rotting on your bench? I find it hard to believe you have 3 other RBs on your roster better than him at this point.

Someone dropped Fournette and it’s a no flex league so I’m running DJ/Fournette last couple weeks.

Ingram has been a top 15 RB and at the very least a top 20-24 guy which seems silly to trade for a defense, even if it is da burrs

I was more going at it from a “is helping a league member beat the people I need him to beat immoral” standpoint.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Someone dropped Fournette and it’s a no flex league so I’m running DJ/Fournette last couple weeks.

Ingram has been a top 15 RB and at the very least a top 20-24 guy which seems silly to trade for a defense, even if it is da burrs

I was more going at it from a “is helping a league member beat the people I need him to beat immoral” standpoint.
Helping other league members beat certain people is poor strategy imo. You never know who's going to get injured next, so making a trade like that only hurts you. Anything can happen in the playoffs no matter who plays, so you should always make trades that strengthen your team. At this point what you can do, if you've already made the playoffs, is look ahead at the defensive matchups during playoff week and try to snag a defense now that has a good outlook.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I picked up Denver early in League A for a reason. But your #2 is Glass Fournette and you want to trade away a start-worthy backup for a couple DEF points? :smogthink:

Lol I was up by over 70 points with my opponent having two players left. Woke up this morning and I lost! They had Goff and Hill... :(
Me too, except I was already up by three points going into MNF with those two plus Butker. :pimp:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
League A: Midseason Review Edition
Why did I waste all morning doing this?
Edit: I am done and too lazy to go back and add FAAB budgets remaining. Me and WB have all $100 still, though.

My preseason tiers
Bye weekers: Kareem of the Crop (shadowpandax), Spider 2 Y Bananas (the best)
Contenders: Joe Vincent Flacco (Stallion), Mixon Match (fatty), Punts With A C (biggie), Whiteskins (ck49), The American Dreams (tad38)
Contenders?: Lockett Down (Texas), Funky Butt Lovin' (waterbum)
Shitty Autodrafter Tier: PatriotsAreCheater (Aerodactyl Legend), For Whom Odell Tolls AKA Like a Kevin Boss (zerowing/makiri)
Shittier Autodrafter Tier: Joshua's Unreal Team (finkinator)

Expert rankings
TADs / Whiteskins (100%), Kareem (99.9%), Grudens (99.7%), Mixon (99.5%)
Odell (94.3%)
PatsCheat (91.8%), Cunts (91.2%), Flacco (89.7%)
Lockett (86.9%), BANMEPLEASE (84.6%)
Fraud Josh (80.2%)

Actual standings
[1] 7-0: FBL, 868.44 points for (1st)
[2] 5-2: PatsCheat, 770.16 PF (5th)
[3-5] 4-3: Joshua, 839.08 PF (2nd); Mixon, 761.58 PF (7th); Whiteskins, 759.66 PF (8th)
[6-10] 3-4: Cunts, 806.78 PF (3rd); Grudens, 798.68 PF (4th); Flacco, 768.40 PF (6th); Odell, 758.92 PF (9th); Lockett, 722.20 PF (10th)
[11] 2-5: Kareem, 705.36 PF (11th)
[12] 1-6: TADs, 702.04 (12th)

---

My modified tiers
Bye weekers: Funky Butt Lovin' (+2), Mixon Match (+1)
Contenders: Spider 2 Y Bananas (-1), Whiteskins (--), Punts With A C (--), Joe Vincent Flacco (--)
Contenders?: PatriotsAreCheaters (+1), Joshua's Unreal Team (+2), For Whom Odell Tolls (+1)
BabyRage NEVER LUCKY BabyRage: Lockett Down (-1), Kareem of the Crop (-3)
Actual Shittiest Autodraft: The American Dreams (-3)

Expert ROS Rankings
Joshua's Unreal Team (100), Mixon Match, Whiteskins (95), Funky Butt Lovin' (93)
Joe Vincent Flacco, Spider 2 Y Bananas, For Whom Odell Tolls (86)
PatriotsAreCheaters (78), Lockett Down(76), Punts With A C (71)
---
Kareem of the Crop, The American Dreams (50)
Hi I'm too lazy and busy (with returning to work) to do a more substantial review but: League A Playoffs Edition

donttalkaboutplayoffs.png

No playoff reseeding.

Well, I called the midseason Byes correctly at least. I won four straight but it wasn't enough to grab me one because Mixon Match didn't drop a game either. PatriotsAreCheaters finished as the 7-seed with the same record as #5-6 but lost out on Points For, the rest are two games back. I roll into the playoffs as the top scorer but stuck with the 3-seed; Joshua's Unreal Team is a close #2 in scoring and we don't face off against each other until the potential championship matchup.

Viable starting rosters be like
Mixon: Mahomes / Caff-Zeke / Sanders-Cooper-Golladay-ARob / Gronk
Whiteskins: Jackson-Carr / Gurley-Cohen-KJohnson-Riddick / Thielen-Hilton-Gordon / Hooper
Joshua: Brees / Gordon-Michel-Jones / Allen-Ridley-Davis / Ertz
Grudens: Goff-Wilson / Mixon-Johnson-Drake-SAMUELS / Hill-Juju-Lockett / Reed-SAMUELS
Odell: Rodgers / Coleman-Lindsay-Ekeler / Adams-Beckham-Baldwin / Engram
FBL: Watson-Wentz / Kamara-Conner-Cook-White / Jeffery-Reynolds-Humphries-DThomas / Graham
Pending waiver pickup, but Samuels is mine, yo.

Not betting against myself with my roster and depth. I'll take Whiteskins over Joshua's Unreal Team, I think he's got too much of an advantage at RB-WR with (Melvin) Gordon nursing injury. I'll take Mixon over Whiteskins in the semis, he's the best equipped at RB to put up similar numbers and if Mahomes and Gronk can do what they're capable of (big if for the latter) they should bring it home. And I plan to cruise to a CHIP but you never know.

Jaylen Samuels being able to be in the TE slot is fucking hilarious..

and I really hope this fucker drops a 30 bomb and just completely screws up some matchups.

Made the playoffs in league A and dynasty while watching under 20 hours of NFL football this year. I'd call that a success.

Picked up the wrong Samuel on accident, although I had 5% FAAB remaining so it wasn't a big deal. Curtis isn't a terrible player either.

Seriously worried about Jackson having Flacco eat into his minutes. If we don't hear something I might end up starting Carr or Josh Allen. Starting Josh Allen. In the playoffs. Oh boy.

In Dynasty I think AJ Green going down killed my title hopes. I'd feel a lot more confident starting him over Ingram in my flex slot. Garbage Cans looks near unbeatable anyways and Chubb/Lindsay/Boyd/Kirk/Kittle is a really solid young core that should keep me in contention for the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)