SM OU The obidient Bisharp

Who should leave the team ?

• Total voters
bisharp_fb_by_falgaia-d93i929.png

So, I have been trying to make a competitive OU team for Sun and Moon, (OBVIOUSLY). I need ideas to improve it, being new to this side of the game and all. It is a balanced one, combinig both defense and offense. The main star, as you can see, is Bisharp , the one from whom I got inspiration for my username ^^ . Let me know what you guys think. My greatness would also like a compliment or two, should you like it...or just like the post XD XD. HERE WE GO~ !

tapubulu.gif

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect

It acts as a defensive wall, and can annoy teams with his leech seed and horn leech combo, while rocking protect to gain more health from the seeds. I had calm mind to boost his Sp Def , but now I am thinking that a zen headbutt looks better, providing some damage on incoming poison types, with Bulu's naturally high attack. Protect is run to scout the opponents moves and brign forth mind game and predictions. Moreover, it was chosen to be part of my defensive core due to its typing, witch bonds well with Heatran

heatran.gif

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Toxic

A simple Sp Def set is all that was really needed to create a good core. Heatran is immune to poison type moves and fire type moves as well, with its flash fire ability. Earth power is placed to deal a little damage on Toxapexes and all the other poison types that hurt Bulu so badly. Lava plume is used to hit steel types that are overall annoying such as Celesteela and Skarmory while having a 30% chance to burn. Toxic is used in the mix just to ensure wearing down incoming walls and threats to it. The stealth rocks are essential in my opinion, as a damage varying from 3%( rarely) to 50% is beautiful no matter what.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

The usual heavy hitter, deals nice damage and with the proper predictions can put Xurkitree in a tight spot , while out speeding Tapu Koko. Moreover, it uses U-turn to take advantage of the former ones hard switch. The typing it offers also provides a more solid coverage and switch in options , as it is not bothered by an earthquake that destroys Heatran and allows mind games in each turn. The Intimidate , in addition, lowers the attack of physical attackers and ensures a safer switch in. If needed, it can take at least one poison type move, should the Heatran be taken out. ( I was thinking of placing superpower, but, thought I should ask you guys first)

tentacruel.gif

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 236 HP / 152 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald

My answer to Tapu Fini, generally fairies, Mega-scizor, Golisopod and rapid spinner. Knock off works really nicely on switch ins and sludge bomb in combination with scald hits every single one of them , with 30% chance to burn/poison.This is also the main poke used to take poison type moves, aside from Heatran , due to Landorus's frail set. Also, a nice switch in for the ice type moves that wreck it. Liquid Ooze help render useless leech seed and , as the opponent will be losing health each turn. Paired with a non strong hitter as an opponent( in case of a defensive Celesteela), free scalds , knock offs, rapid spins and sludge bombs, and easy switch in predictions, allowing control of the battle's momentum

bisharp.gif

Bisharp (M) @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

A common in ORAS set upper, it can take advantage if my opponent's defog or bad situation to have a good time dealing damage or setting up, also having a 50% chance of OHKO-ing a max def max hp Marowak without stealth rocks or any attack boost ( IF such an occasion ever occurs XD ). Sucker Punch is the team's priority move, since Landorus can cover the speed part Simple to use yet effective, is also takes some damage for the Latios, although it usually is not needed, due to the bulky nature and coverage of the defensive part.

latios.gif

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Latios is a force to be reckoned with. Psyshock hits hard almost everything, including (the much loathed) Toxapex, and Chanseys in the physical side, deal damage onto them and force the soft boiled- free switch. Hidden power fire ensures that no bulky Mega-Scizors, 3 hit K0ing a max Sp. Def max HP Megearna (used as caliber to show the power) and dealing 75.2%-88.6% damage on an OU Utility set Ferrothorn. Draco Meteor is used to hit incredibly hard-then switch out, and recover is used when forcing opponents to switch out, and get rid of the damage taken from the life orb, ensuring Latios's longevity

~Any suggestions would be really appreciated, as this is the first team I build to counter specific Pokemon ( I am generally new in the competitive :D )~

Obedience/\

Last edited:
People have started asking for Tentacruel to leave. If you have any suggestions, please share 15 seconds of you time telling me the reason :), your feedback is precious to me ^^! Thanks~

Last edited:
Just from a cursory look at this team, Heatran and Landorus-T already give you some sort of insurance against Steel-types for Latios, so you could run Defog over Hidden Power Fire. That way, you don't need to run Tentacruel, and can run Toxapex instead:

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

Toxapex is much better than Tentacruel as it's much bulkier on all sides, has access to reliable recovery, and does more or less the same thing as what your Tentacruel tries to do (specifically check certain threatening Pokemon while spreading Scald burns). You could run Toxic Spikes over Toxic if you want but I feel as if having a Defogger on the team makes that counter-productive.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME :)! Hmm you make a very good point, but here is the thing, I am running the HP fire to hit mainly Bulky Mega-Scizors that switch in to take the Psyshock or Draco Meteor. Moreover, I used to struggle against Kartanas, that hit my team hard due to their good speed excellent attack and move pool ( sacred sword, leaf blade, smart strike , swords dance ), and with defog I am simply scared of Bisharps switching in...I have nto seen many Bisharp teams up to now, but still...I will try it and post the results :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~UPDATE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Tentacruel has left the team for the Toxapex, I have only modified the set a little, placing sludge bomb instead of toxic for Tapu Bulu, since Toxapex can take almost any of its hits and strike back before switching out get the regenerator HP restoration (always talking about a choice band set). It deals solid damage, due to Bulu's low sp def, ensuring a 2 hit KO (even if he is max Sp Def max HP).

[0 SpA Toxapex Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tapu Bulu: 196-232 (56.9 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO]​

So the team is :

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD