The Outsiders Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShakeItUp -_-

Well, we now have 3 winners! Kudos to all of you, this was a job well done! (Can't believe that SIU used the team in the banner >_>)

I'll respond to your discussion posts soon, since you all went ahead and shared your stuff with us. I have to say I'm pretty impressed!

Both of you guys succeeded at the Outsiders and the DH project at the same time, and your DH pokes are actually rare stuff not shit such as Mienshao and Deoxys-D. Kudos to both!

Btw McMeghan isn't your team terribly weak to CM Reuniclus? Your only answer is Latias's Roar, but when it becomes the last mon it is gg no?

Also Metagross66 i think that you are very weak to wallbreakers such as Sableye and Mew once they get in safely?
Yeah, I have to pp stall them with Deoxys or something. It's annoying as hell to deal with, but it's not auto-loss. ;)

Edit: I used Deo-D and mienshao as my DH pokes. >.>

I don't think I'm going to go past this. Stall just isn't my style. It's too boring and simple to use. :/

How is it unoriginal? I used it before it became popular if it even is popular now. >.<

Beat this challenge in about a day ^_^. It took a lot more battles than I was hoping for, but since I was using Baton Pass crithax kept setting me back.

(00:51:22) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 68/52018 [1404 points / 158 battles]!

Mr. Mime (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Magic Coat
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roar
- Substitute
- Acid Armor
- Baton Pass

Mawile (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SDef / 52 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stockpile
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Taunt

Espeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Baton Pass

Ninjask (F) @ Mental Herb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 220 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- X-Scissor
- Baton Pass

Mienshao (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

I had Medicham instead of Mienshao for about 90% of the battles, but the triple psychic typing was just screwing me over against ghost types (and Tyranitar occasionally). My setup is a little slower than most baton pass teams, but I really wanted to have a different team, one that didn't include Smeargle, Gorebyss, and the like. Henceforth, I included Mawile and Medicham/Mienshao. Medicham's set is the most used one in Wifi OU atm if you want to see it.

Here's some logs:
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Xanderpitz2-vs-Acnologia--2012-04-07
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Xanderpitz2-vs-Kinder-Pinguin--2012-04-07
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-big-hair-vs-Xanderpitz2--2012-04-07
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Xanderpitz2-vs-Papita69xxx--2012-04-07

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
harsha I'm only doing this (and playing OU) because of you! O:< haha and lol Shakey is too pro !_!

PO alt used when laddering: sandz
Type of team: bulky offense
Ladder standing: 1112

Abomasnow (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Roserade (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Rest

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

This is my first OU team actually haha and it's pretty bad I guess?? Choice Specs Roserade ftwwwww xD Swampert is my best bet against many threats as usual >.> A must have to stand against sandstorm teams~ Roserade helps against sun teams to some extent idk thanks to pseudo-STAB Weather Ball >.>

if you could post a screenshot, xanderpitz, that would be great! oh how i detest baton pass @_@ anyways, your team seems to have the bases all covered. i'll look through those replays soon and see how you play! :d

also sandz!!!! <3 good luck buddy! :D

Mkay, i'll probably do Blizzard spamming hail :)

I said i'd wait til the vgc, but i'm bored and don't want to wait

Annyway, my alt will be Materialist, and it's unused

I did post a screenshot ._. Man, you and 500000000 other people hate baton pass. But, if you're going to troll with NU pokes you've gotta troll hard am i right? Not going to lie though, this was actually one of my main laddering teams as it was, so I guess I had the advantage of using it like 5,000 times.

Here it is again if you missed it:

Oh oops, not sure why I didn't see that x_x

Anyhow, Baton Pass has screwed me over multiple times in the past. Have you considered using a sweeper on the team and replacing a member, Xanderpitz? I feel as though Infernape, Lucario, and Nidoking could all be excellent recipients! :d

As for the others, what strategies are you trying? Are you using gimmicks or attempting to build actual teams? And LizardMan, I note that you're gonna try sun stall! How is that working? It seems like a fun strategy :d

Anyways, good luck to everyone else! Let's see how diverse we can be!

As for the others, what strategies are you trying? Are you using gimmicks or attempting to build actual teams?
I don't really use Gimmicks, my team is build on forgotten or for some reason unpopular sets. For example Breloom, everyone and their grandmother is using the Bulk Up set, which is cool but far too weak in my eyes. I'm using SubPunch Breloom and people just don't see it coming and don't think Focus Punch is sooo strong, it 2HKOed Salamence.
That's the basic strategy I'm using: abuse the power of unexpected threats

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
PO alt used when laddering: Benelux V.20
Type of team: Rain Dance
Ladder standing: -

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
PO alt used when laddering: Izgubljeno
Type of team: All out offense
Ladder standing: 1000

Novaray, you're using a Rain Dance team! Can you tell us if you'll be using Swift Swim Kingdra? I've been wanting to test out an OU team that abuses Swift Swim, and Kingdra, Ludicolo, and Kabutops have all come to mind. Also, will you be using a Bronzong to set up rain, or something more offensively oriented?

HoiPolloi said:
I don't really use Gimmicks, my team is build on forgotten or for some reason unpopular sets. For example Breloom, everyone and their grandmother is using the Bulk Up set, which is cool but far too weak in my eyes. I'm using SubPunch Breloom and people just don't see it coming and don't think Focus Punch is sooo strong, it 2HKOed Salamence.
That's the basic strategy I'm using: abuse the power of unexpected threats
SubPunch Breloom is pretty cool, since it can actually catch a lot of Pokemon off guard in this metagame with Substitute and Spore both being able to break VoltTurn.

I'm curious to see if anyone has tried either Volcarona or Lucario. Both are very offensively oriented, and once their counters are removed, they can sweep without a single problem. I'm somewhat surprised their usage is as low as it is, actually, as they're really some of the hardest hitting sweepers in the metagame, and when paired with Stealth Rock, they can take down tons of teams. :d

Ooh look! 777 posts :D

Made a few changes, so a new name.
PO alt used when laddering: Netro98
Type of team: sand
Ladder standing: 1000

1100 right now :D

Cool, I'll be sure to update that. Can you tell us whether you are using sand offense or sand stall? It appears as though many of our leaderboarders used sand stall to get there :d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)