Other The Return of the LoL - Epic Showdown of Destiny (Finals)

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Given that the game times are now rolling I see no reason to delay the entire tournament a week because a few people may or may not be traveling. Figure out a time between now and Sunday (literal five days) to make it happen.

we don't even have our opponents are you for real

they get put up the night before Christmas Eve lol

half the tourney was subbed this week, I had a roster of >5 ready to go each time ahead of the match and z0m(og) and I were able to schedule early, that isn't me, that's the timing of the tournament + deadline format + unmotivated ppl forcing impossible schedules

ppppps I'd just like to add that Sams change to Wednesday rounds is the reason no suitable day can be found, we have to wait for our potential opponents when we could've played already. It's obv healthier for the tourney to have Wednesday round and no one gives that much of a shit but this is not good hosting and I feel compelled to point it out to him who mods this subforum and plans to host rito spaghettio prized tourney in the future

eta: can we just have an extension until monday (afternoon/evening) pls I cbf otherwise.

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
If you want to suggest a change please do so via PM. If you feel you can do a better job hosting than I can then by all means host the next one. Outside of that I'm just not going to respond to bullshit bitching because I am forced to be the bad guy here because apparently no one wants to take initiative to figure out which one hour per four days they and nine others can spend playing league of legends. It is my job to make sure that this tournament's games actually get played (unlike the last one's, which died for this very reason), and as such it is my job to set deadlines which I feel are as strict as possible (lest interest wane) without causing too many substitutions.

What gets to me is that you're complaining, as you said, without knowing who your opponent is. In other words, you've not discussed with him/her and failed to arrive at a suitable time. You've just pre-assumed that you won't be able to play for four days. Also I have no clue why you're complaining about Wednesday rounds when you were one of the people who asked me to make this change in the first place.

Literally all I am asking people to do is talk to each other and play two games of League per week.

Finally, for the record I've never drunk Mountain Dew in my life.

Last edited:

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
UncleSam is just young!Scrooge:
Stuck at boarding school over Christmas
Family doesn't want to see him
Nothing to do and very bored
Turning bitter against the world

He presumes everyone else is as free as him over Christmas as such, just like Scrooge turning self-absorbed.

Sam if your future girlfriend ever tells you she thinks you value money more than her broke tail you know you in trouble :\

UncleSam

Leading this village
And if captains get together and say that A. no time can be found and B. they will be missing half their team at the scheduled time then I will extend it.

I see no reason to extend when people obviously haven't even discussed their relative availabilities.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
Sam I know for a fact I will be out of town from tomorrow all the way through next Tuesday, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm all for keeping things moving at a brisk pace but it's a little ridiculous to assume even a majority of team members will be in town this time of year.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Then tell me so?

Like how am I supposed to just know people's schedules.

Make an attempt to schedule something and THEN tell me (not the thread, me) of conflicts. In Walrein's case obviously he already knows he has a conflict. I am not assuming anything but if I just extend until next Wednesday then guess what's going to happen? No one's going to even bother trying to schedule something until next Monday (and that's optimistic). I'd rather force people to at least talk to their teams and figure out availabilities before deciding to extend.

Yeti

dark saturday
Like how am I supposed to just know people's schedules.
Bruh this is exactly what everyone has been telling you: it is CHRISTMAS. And other winter holidays. You should be EXPECTING people to have days where they are traveling or otherwise obligated to family time, not expecting them to be free.

That is why people want suitable grace times to get the rounds done, people like jumpluff have probably already talked to their team and found out what days they KNOW they will be booked, and who is even to say what will be sprung on them through the week. And if anyone here is like "sorry can't come to dinner with grandma gotta play League" we are all going to look shamefully down on you.

UncleSam

Leading this village
It's like talking to a brick wall.

Upon the completion of this round at 5 PM CST tomorrow, I expect each team to submit a plan for when you can reasonably play the next round. In the absence of this plan I will not be extending deadline.

If people have already talked to their teams then great, relate that information to me. Even better, relate that information to your opposing teams' captain, come to an agreement on when you can play, and then get back to me.

That is all. If you need to find a sub then find a sub.

I don't want to hear any more generic complaints in this thread (send them to me via PM if you feel you must). Convince me that you are putting in an effort and I will be as lenient as I possibly can be with deadlines.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Round Three Pairings, deadline Sunday at 4 PM CST unless captains discuss and send me an alternative agreed-upon time no later then next Wednesday at 4 PM CST.

EVISCERATION NATION Mk.II (Walrein) (2 W 0 L) VS. TBA #1 (2 W 0 L)
Can we pls Trade Eo (yohoE) (1 W 1 L) VS. d 0ffici4l r0ster of TSM! (z0m(no g)OG ;_;) (1 W 1 L)
Team Jenzo (Jenzo) (1 W 1 L) VS. TBA #2 (1 W 1 L)
Atilla and the Huns (LightWolf) - 0 W 2 L VS. Team Starbloom (Starbloom~) - 0 W 2 L

TBA #1 will be the winner of Premade Kryptonite (UncleSam) vs. 10 Game Chat Restriction (Lavos Spawn). The loser will be TBA #2.

UncleSam

Leading this village

Unfortunate that Lavos AFK'd before the match, but GG.

TBA #1 will be my team and TBA #2 will be Lavos' team. Updated pairings here:
EVISCERATION NATION Mk.II (Walrein) (2 W 0 L) VS. Premade Kryptonite (UncleSam) (2 W 0 L)
Can we pls Trade Eo (yohoE) (1 W 1 L) VS. d 0ffici4l r0ster of TSM! (z0m(no g)OG ;_;) (1 W 1 L)
Team Jenzo (Jenzo) (1 W 1 L) VS. 10 Game Chat Restriction (Lavos Spawn) (1 W 1 L)
Atilla and the Huns (LightWolf) - 0 W 2 L VS. Team Starbloom (Starbloom~) - 0 W 2 L

A reminder that the tentative deadline is this Sunday at 4 PM CST but that if someone from your team PMs me with a plan to play the match no later than next Wednesday at 4 PM CST then I will allow it.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
At the risk of sounding extremely salty, a number of things went wrong

1) I was not notified that we would be playing in the evening until the decision was already made. I was on but due to other irl stuff I could not participate (but I could still spectate at times).

2) Short deadlines per round make it difficult to get an ideal schedule where everyone can play. I don't think it's fair at all to force us to play when we have to play with 3 subs given the issue.

3) Where's Lavos? Why was this timing agreed on?

4) Rey was lagging

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
At the risk of sounding extremely salty, a number of things went wrong

1) I was not notified that we would be playing in the evening until the decision was already made. I was on but due to other irl stuff I could not participate (but I could still spectate at times).

2) Short deadlines per round make it difficult to get an ideal schedule where everyone can play. I don't think it's fair at all to force us to play when we have to play with 3 subs given the issue.

3) Where's Lavos? Why was this timing agreed on?

4) Rey was lagging
Can't comment on anything other than 2 but these deadlines (ie 3-4 days) are as long as they reasonably can be if we want to play games regularly. We wouldn't have played at all except that the other two times we had tentatively agreed on had already fallen through and this was the very end deadline time (which we had also agreed on). There was no more time to delay or reschedule yet again, particularly with Christmas two days away meaning we would have to delay Round 3 by essentially a week if I extended the deadline for this one game when we had already been delayed to the very deadline.

In future rounds I (and I hope other captains) will contact opposing teams as well as my own team, just in case the other captain isn't quite on the ball. I'd like to see the games played with as many players on the regular teams as possible, but it is more important that the games get played at all past a certain point. Considering all the other matchups for this round were finished well in advance of ours and my team was available every single day (though granted, not at 5 PM CST on Monday, only earlier) I'd say that if you know you will have a conflict at the deadline time try to take some initiative in getting the match scheduled at a time that you can make, regardless of if you are a captain or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)