Other The Return of the LoL - Epic Showdown of Destiny (Finals)

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
In the spirit of good fun, I'll be running a 6-man Fantasy Smogon LoL league!

Format will be exactly like fantasy LCS. I won't be playing in it myself, just facilitating, so the first 6 to sign up get in.

We'll figure out draft time when we have signups.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Scheduling:
Week 1 opponents, round 1:
EVISCERATION NATION Mk.II vs. Can we pls Trade Eo(AKA That Fucking Team)
10 Game Chat Restriction vs. Team LightWolf
d 0ffici4l r0ster of TSM! vs. Team Jenzo
Premade Kryptonite vs. Team Starbloom

Matchups done using random.org, blame Walrein's RNG if you don't like it xD

Due to the nature of the tournament the round 2 matchups will be decided after the completion of round 1.

Again we will be using the Swiss Style tournament format. Games will be played on Sunday 4 PM CST for the first round, and then expect to play a second round at 5 PM CST. If a team is 15 minutes late then the game is decided in the opponent's favor. Side is decided based on which team has the lower-rated captain, except in the case of premade teams. The following is the overall ordering (1st means highest priority to get side selection):
1. Jenzo
2. LightWolf
3. z0mg
4. Starbloom~
5. Walrein
6. Lavos Spawn
7. UncleSam
8. yohoE

If there is a conflict with the listed time it is the responsibility of the captain to contact the opposing team's captain and re-schedule. If a reschedule cannot be decided then the game must be played at the listed time with a substitute. If neither of these options work then a team must forfeit. Due to the nature of the tournament falling behind on games is not an option, so I need the winning captain to PM me with the result of every match by no later than 5 PM/6 PM for the two rounds we plan on playing next Sunday and either the 27th or the 3rd of January (aka the next Sunday, since people seem to have a problem with the 27th).

If anyone is confused then feel free to shoot me a PM. Standings will be kept, and the top four teams after the four games that we play will go into the 'playoffs'. From there it will be best-of-three series, with the best record facing the fourth and second facing the third best.

UncleSam

Leading this village
I've been asked about trades and I'll allow it so long as the other captains don't veto it; ie if a trade looks particularly lopsided then the other managers can vote to disallow it.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Yea, the draft happened a few days ago and teams are already locked in.

UncleSam you may wanna update the OP to reflect this
I edited the title.
Shit, how do I sign up on the sheet, it's view-only

is it too late
Hey sorry the draft happened a few days ago. You can still be a sub if you like. If you do want to be a sub I believe I have the next pick in line, so I'll take you as a substitute.

Here's what I mean by that: In the middle of the tournament, I will allow teams to pick up substitutes in the order that they would have picked new players in the draft (ie Lavos Spawn gets dibs on next player etc.). However, a player picked up as a substitute must only play a game if two things happen: 1. One of the 'regulars' cannot play, and 2. The 'regular' that they are replacing is of equal or higher rank than the substitute. In other words, you can't sub in Bjergsen to alter the playing field mid-tourney, but these rules will at least help keep it so that teams can keep playing if one of their 'regulars' falls off the face of the earth.

Captains let me know if there's any problem with these rules, but this seems to me to be a fair way to treat things for both people who want to play as well as teams who need a player.

UncleSam

Leading this village
did we ever get a word from our good friends at Rito Games on this?
Unfortunately a tournament has to be approved a full month in advance of it's starting to get prizing from Riot. I'm open to coming up with alternative prizing on the forums if people want.

Additionally, if/when this finishes I can use this example as proof that we can run a real tournament here, and so we could do another one of these, say, next Spring, and be virtually guaranteed prizing. If you're into silver linings.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Ok guys in the interest of actually being able to play games I'll just say this: All substitutes (ie players who are not the 'main five' on each team, as dictated by the spreadsheet) are communal. This means that teams can ask anyone to sub for them for any given week - except that the prior rule regarding the sub being lower or equal rank to the starter still applies. I feel that this gives the tournament the best possible chance of running smoothly and to completion, as well as giving any subs who make themselves available the best chance of playing each week.

To re-iterate, the first games are at 4 PM and 5 PM this Sunday. Captains please get your team's availabilities and if you have conflicts, line up subs to fill those spots.

Oh and one more thing: a sub can only play on one team in a given week. This should be obvious, since the games are all at the same times, but I don't want teams having a sub for one round and then that sub going over to another team the next round.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So like, for those of us that might not have access to NA accounts / timezones is it possible some of these games get recorded or something. IDK they don't have to be released till after the tourney but I think it would be cool to watch. Maybe only if Captains are cool with it though or w.e

UncleSam

Leading this village
So like, for those of us that might not have access to NA accounts / timezones is it possible some of these games get recorded or something. IDK they don't have to be released till after the tourney but I think it would be cool to watch. Maybe only if Captains are cool with it though or w.e
I'd be totally cool with someone recording any games, but I don't have that capability. Certainly for like the finals if someone who streams could set that up and shoutcast that would be pretty cool - I'd certainly be willing to shoutcast (assuming I'm not in them) but I don't have the recording capability sadly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)