The RU Open I - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actively despise Showdown.

I won game 1 vs. The Immortal.
I was winning fairly solidly (regardless of his claims, I did not calculate out a situation barring a pair of paralyzes that would lose me the game) in game 2. The Showdown! server restarts and he claims that we should replay in all fairness. I hate not replaying, but it seemed I had the win very cleanly. Alas, I said "fine, we'll replay" and proceed to get para'd to shit and back in game 2.
Game 3 I brought a fun team I like and lost again. Next time I am taking this to a tournament director and being a baby about it before replaying, because I kinda feel robbed.

Otherwise, well played in the latter two games. I'm sorry for bitching. The Immortal is a good guy, I'm just very displeased.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't get ahold of my opponent who hasn't even been on Smogon in the last like 4 days...

I'd be surprised if this gets done by the end of the weekend.

I actively despise Showdown.

I won game 1 vs. The Immortal.
I was winning fairly solidly (regardless of his claims, I did not calculate out a situation barring a pair of paralyzes that would lose me the game) in game 2. The Showdown! server restarts and he claims that we should replay in all fairness. I hate not replaying, but it seemed I had the win very cleanly. Alas, I said "fine, we'll replay" and proceed to get para'd to shit and back in game 2.
Game 3 I brought a fun team I like and lost again. Next time I am taking this to a tournament director and being a baby about it before replaying, because I kinda feel robbed.

Otherwise, well played in the latter two games. I'm sorry for bitching. The Immortal is a good guy, I'm just very displeased.
If you find yourself in this situation in the future, please PM a Showdown! mod and let them know you're currently in the middle of an official Smogon tournament match, and request for the server reset to be put on hold until the match ends.

Yeah. I think my end may have been lagging a little because it seemed to reset about 3 seconds after I saw the notification for the server reset, so I doubt I'd even have had time.

edit: He suggested a server to me, and we played game 1 and most of game 2 (pre-reset) on that server. I am about 60% sure he had authority in this server so now I am suspicious. But I don't remember for 100% sure.

/end salt-filled rant.

It looks as though my opponent, Smurf, went on and then off again today but still hasn't responded to my vm. I've been on for abnormally long periods of time and been in the channel he requested. Activity post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)