Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the problem with asking for 20 pokemon random, you get 19 and then there's noone left to give you your last, so you get something you really need, a fire type (with actual fire type moves!) take this growlithe I gave someone else.
You get a growlithe named "im grrreat" your growlithe is a bit cocky and thinks it can take on anyone with only fire attacks so the only damaging moves it's allowed to use are fire types, now since its so cocky it thinks it can solo 1 gym leader/E4 it has a type disadvantage against so try that and if it succeeds it has no more restrictions whatsoever, however if it fails it decides to blame its moves and as such may never use another fire attack again (but can now use other type attacks).
Recap growlithe
-mono-fire
-try to solo a gym leader/e4 fire is nve against OR hits fire for se
-succeed no more restrictions
-fail no more fire attacks
Good luck.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Updated.

Also, Dark Ray, your metronoming Clefairy is cool: It used Deoxy's Signature move (Psycho Boost) in only the seventh time I used the move in Fire Red, & first up was Rock Blast...

I may give myself a challenge for HG...

EDIT: Meh, why not...

I'm giving myself Trunkie the Roller Phanpy. Only attacking move is Rollout, must solo either Erika or Misty to evolve.

One more.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Random, I have an unusual challenge for you: pick a number, any number. If that number is n, then you get the nth trainer Pokemon you come across, and you must copy both moveset and species. However, if you do not battle that many Pokemon before Giovanni, you must take a Rattata, and if you can not obtain that Pokemon, you must take the next trainer Pokemon, and so on. Either way, the Pokemon you get must solo Giovanni, and beat five Pokemon in the Pokemon League. You may evolve the Pokemon as much as you like after Giovanni, but before that it can only be the tranier Pokemon you saw.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Thank you Atheno, putting down as variable. That's all.

Here's the Random 20...Now to randomly narrow down to 6 with playing cards...
  1. Variable (Dexington)
  2. Smeargle: Only move is Hidden Power until Pryce, after that, It must know & keep Fly (Dark Ray)
  3. Cyndaquil (Sid/Sidney): May not know any Fire Type moves or battle other Fire Type Pokemon (chocolate-kipp)
  4. Lapras: Must Solo 30 Gym Leader & E4 Pokemon combined before Blue, & may either be all Physical or all Special (Athenodoros)
  5. Starmie (Valence): If kept below Lv40 against E4, must have Surf & BoltBeam. Otherwise, must know Surf, but no BoltBeam (Treadshot A1)
  6. Aerodactyl (Bruce): STAB only, 1 Attacking move & 1 non-attacking move of each, must defeat 2 Fighting types with Rock moves & 2 Electric types with Flying moves. If it faints beforehand, no STAB (BiGGiE)
  7. Scyther (BugEyes): Must know & keep Vacuum Wave, only STAB is Wing Attack. Must solo Whitney's Miltank & Chuck's Poliwrath (Galladiator)
  8. Miltank: Must know & keep Substitute & only use Normal moves (Texas Cloverleaf)
  9. Mareep: Special moves only, solo three gyms to evolve (yaya0)
  10. Haunter: Must solo every Haunter I see, including Morty's Haunters. May only use moves with a base power below 80 (DetroitLolcat)
  11. Wooper (Yawn): If ability is Damp, Must know & keep Yawn & Yawn 5 Pokemon to sleep to evolve. If ability is Water Absorb, must know & keep Yawn & Rest & Yawn 10 Pokemon to sleep to evolve (Edwin Illan)
  12. Gligar (Dracula/Bramstoker/Anne Rice): Cannot learn Status or Special moves until Lv34, where it must know & keep Swords Dance. It also must hold a Razor Fang & must know & keep Guillotine. Must solo Red's Pikachu (Dummy007)
  13. Onix from Violet City: Must have Rock Head, only attacking moves are those with side effects, must solo Jasmine's Steelix & a Gym Leader of my choice to evolve (pokemagnificent)
  14. Ditto (Ditto4OU): Must hold Choice Scarf, must have a neutral nature (Iggdrasil)
  15. Farfetch'd: Only STAB moves are Fly & Cut. Rest are non-STAB (Sprocket)
  16. Hoppip (4xTheFun): Must appear against 2 GLMP to evolve into Skiploom, & KO 2 GLMP to evolve into Jumpluff. Post-Chuck, must be no more than 2 levels below highest levelled Pokemon & must KO at least one Pokemon on each of the E4 member's teams (Vratix)
  17. Mareep (BakNDaBall): Only Pokemon used in the Lighthouse, Can't be used against the E4 & Gym Leaders. Can be used against Champion (chocolate-kipp (2))
  18. Growlithe (Im Grrreat): Mono-Fire, must solo one Gym Leader/E4 member it has a type disadvantage against. If successful, no move restrictions, if unsuccessful, no Fire Type moves (Dark Ray (2))
  19. Phanpy (Trunkie): Only attacking move is Rollout, must solo either Erika or Misty to evolve (Its_A_Random)
  20. Variable (Athenodoros (2))

Giovanni? *checks which game random is scrambling* Giovanni isn't in HG (well technically he is but you can't battle him unless you have an event celebi).
Also i'm glad you like clefairy random (perhaps I should give them out more often?).

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
So, the playing cards have decided. I shuffled a deck of 52 cards (No Jokers) & dealt 6 groups of 2 cards facedown. Each group would decide one chosen Pokemon. I then turned them face up, & the sum of the 2 cards would equal the Pokemon. Aces count as 1, Jacks, Queens & Kings count as 0, & the rest count as their respective face value. If there was more than one group with the same value or there is a group that equalled 0, then the group would be reshuffled & redealt.
Yes I know some Pokemon were more likely to be picked than others, but I don't have a 20 side die, & I don't want to waste paper to do it raffle style...

Anyways the results:

• Group 1: 7 & 5=12
  • Group 2: 8 & 3=11
  • Group 3: 4 & King=4
  • Group 4: Ace & 6=7
  • Group 5: Queen & 10=10
  • Group 6: 2 & 7=9
That means the chosen are...

• 12.)Gligar (Dracula/Bramstoker/Anne Rice): Cannot learn Status or Special moves until Lv34, where it must know & keep Swords Dance. It also must hold a Razor Fang & must know & keep Guillotine. Must solo Red's Pikachu (Dummy007)
  • 11.)Wooper (Yawn): If ability is Damp, Must know & keep Yawn & Yawn 5 Pokemon to sleep to evolve. If ability is Water Absorb, must know & keep Yawn & Rest & Yawn 10 Pokemon to sleep to evolve (Edwin Illan)
  • 4.)Lapras: Must Solo 30 Gym Leader & E4 Pokemon combined before Blue, & may either be all Physical or all Special (Athenodoros)
  • 7.)Scyther (BugEyes): Must know & keep Vacuum Wave, only STAB is Wing Attack. Must solo Whitney's Miltank & Chuck's Poliwrath (Galladiator)
  • 10.)Haunter: Must solo every Haunter I see, including Morty's Haunters. May only use moves with a base power below 80 (DetroitLolcat)
  • 9.)Mareep: Special moves only, solo three gyms to evolve (yaya0)
And that's all. Congrats to those who got their challenges accepted. :)

Updated the OP with the chosen as well.

EDIT: I see the title was randomly fixed...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Okay RNG it is...To ensure no cheating, I'm rolling 200 times & taking the six highest scores for the scramble.

I'm back, and the winners are as follows...

16. Vratix's Hoppip Challenge, 15 times.
1. Dexington's Variable Challenge, 14 times.
10. DetroitLolcat's Haunter Challenge, 13 times.
19. My Phanpy Challenge, 13 times.
5. Treadshot's Starmie Challenge, 13 times.
11. Edwin Illan's Wooper Challenge, 13 times.

Congratulations...Especially Lolcat & Edwin, whose challenges stayed...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Thanks all...I will start this within the next week or two... Story will be in this post, or if you're too lazy to look...
Me again, adding the final challenge I want to add to my queue.
It's a HeartGold Scramble. I want 20 Pokemon suggested (No duplicates) & with the mystical powers of RNG Abuse, I shall determine the six I will use in the Scramble.
Rules:

• Heart Gold Version
  • No Trades
  • 20 Pokemon, randomly narrowed down to 6 with RNG.
  • No duplicates
  • No Pokewalker mons.
  • I reserve the right to reject challenges
  • Final battle is against Red
  • At least one Starter, One Surfer & One Flyer
  • Fairly high Difficulty & Creativity
  • No Pokemon later than Pewter City
  • Make them fun
Without Further ado, fire away.

The Random 20
  1. Variable (Dexington)
  2. Smeargle: Only move is Hidden Power until Pryce, after that, It must know & keep Fly (Dark Ray)
  3. Cyndaquil (Sid/Sidney): May not know any Fire Type moves or battle other Fire Type Pokemon (chocolate-kipp)
  4. Lapras: Must Solo 30 Gym Leader & E4 Pokemon combined before Blue, & may either be all Physical or all Special (Athenodoros)
  5. Starmie (Valence): If kept below Lv40 against E4, must have Surf & BoltBeam. Otherwise, must know Surf, but no BoltBeam (Treadshot A1)
  6. Aerodactyl (Bruce): STAB only, 1 Attacking move & 1 non-attacking move of each, must defeat 2 Fighting types with Rock moves & 2 Electric types with Flying moves. If it faints beforehand, no STAB (BiGGiE)
  7. Scyther (BugEyes): Must know & keep Vacuum Wave, only STAB is Wing Attack. Must solo Whitney's Miltank & Chuck's Poliwrath (Galladiator)
  8. Miltank: Must know & keep Substitute & only use Normal moves (Texas Cloverleaf)
  9. Mareep: Special moves only, solo three gyms to evolve (yaya0)
  10. Haunter: Must solo every Haunter I see, including Morty's Haunters. May only use moves with a base power below 80 (DetroitLolcat)
  11. Wooper (Yawn): If ability is Damp, Must know & keep Yawn & Yawn 5 Pokemon to sleep to evolve. If ability is Water Absorb, must know & keep Yawn & Rest & Yawn 10 Pokemon to sleep to evolve (Edwin Illan)
  12. Gligar (Dracula/Bramstoker/Anne Rice): Cannot learn Status or Special moves until Lv34, where it must know & keep Swords Dance. It also must hold a Razor Fang & must know & keep Guillotine. Must solo Red's Pikachu (Dummy007)
  13. Onix from Violet City: Must have Rock Head, only attacking moves are those with side effects, must solo Jasmine's Steelix & a Gym Leader of my choice to evolve (pokemagnificent)
  14. Ditto (Ditto4OU): Must hold Choice Scarf, must have a neutral nature (Iggdrasil)
  15. Farfetch'd: Only STAB moves are Fly & Cut. Rest are non-STAB (Sprocket)
  16. Hoppip (4xTheFun): Must appear against 2 GLMP to evolve into Skiploom, & KO 2 GLMP to evolve into Jumpluff. Post-Chuck, must be no more than 2 levels below highest levelled Pokemon & must KO at least one Pokemon on each of the E4 member's teams (Vratix)
  17. Mareep (BakNDaBall): Only Pokemon used in the Lighthouse, Can't be used against the E4 & Gym Leaders. Can be used against Champion (chocolate-kipp (2))
  18. Growlithe (Im Grrreat): Mono-Fire, must solo one Gym Leader/E4 member it has a type disadvantage against. If successful, no move restrictions, if unsuccessful, no Fire Type moves (Dark Ray (2))
  19. Phanpy (Trunkie): Only attacking move is Rollout, must solo either Erika or Misty to evolve (Its_A_Random)
  20. Variable (Athenodoros (2))

The chosen (With comments)...
  • 16.) Hoppip (4xTheFun): Must appear against 2 GLMP to evolve into Skiploom, & KO 2 GLMP to evolve into Jumpluff. Post-Chuck, must be no more than 2 levels below highest levelled Pokemon & must KO at least one Pokemon on each of the E4 member's teams (Vratix) Going to be hard to keep it within 2 Levels...
  • 1.) Variable (Dexington) Usefulness Depends, Could have Two Hoppips... XD
  • 10.) Haunter: Must solo every Haunter I see, including Morty's Haunters. May only use moves with a base power below 80 (DetroitLolcat) This thing is trollish, being deprived of Moves like Shadow Ball & Dark Pulse...Should call it Troll.
  • 19.) Phanpy (Trunkie): Only attacking move is Rollout, must solo either Erika or Misty to evolve (Its_A_Random) Those two leaders will be a pain...Then again, I made the challenge...
  • 5.) Starmie (Valence): If kept below Lv40 against E4, must have Surf & BoltBeam. Otherwise, must know Surf, but no BoltBeam (Treadshot A1) Lv35, Choice Scarf, Starmie will be a boon to the team. Potential MVP, & coming from someone as mean as Treadshot...
  • 11.) Wooper (Yawn): If ability is Damp, Must know & keep Yawn & Yawn 5 Pokemon to sleep to evolve. If ability is Water Absorb, must know & keep Yawn & Rest & Yawn 10 Pokemon to sleep to evolve (Edwin Illan) Half Decent, It will be great for team support with Yawn...

My story will be in this post.
I'll have fun with this...

Yay! Valence! It's the only half decent thing you've got, Random, considering you may have two Hoppips if you're unlucky, and that Troll Haunter...what a pain.

See people, i can be nice, if only just before my exams. Thankfully also blitzed my Chem Exam. 3 hr test, finished in one, checked for half and then left. Screw Chemistry. lol

Athenodoros

That's great, because it is exactly what I did in my three hour chemistry exam a few weeks ago. I decided that I was bored, so I finished early and went sailing. And it was my end-of-school exams.

And damn, you went away from my Lapras. It was the only thing with many gym leader kills you had, so I thought you needed it.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I did initially have Lapras, but then I turned to RNG...I wonder, how's your impossible scramble going, Atheno?

I had a Maths exam a couple of weeks ago, I finished it in about two & a half hours, unluckily, I was unable to leave until the exam finished, so I spent the last half hour staring blankly, bored. :(

Also, someone fix the title back to challange...I like it the way it was...

Athenodoros

Yes, who did change the title? Maybe I'll PM Haunter.

I'm afraid I had to put my scramble on hold, because I went away and now have to challenge a friend, for which I need a decent game. However, I still have the save file and I think I had beaten a gym or two, and I intend to resume soon.

And for maths exams, I find the best way is playing calculator games. I got up to 10 000 in that game where Ans = Ans +1 in the 'major' exams at age 15/16 because they were so long (and I was playing chicken).

EDIT: I just checked, and JabbaTheGriffin changed the title. How annoying.

"Ans = Ans + 1" ??? That's gotta be boring. Exams suck in general. :(

And who wants to start a petition to get teh title back? I ain't starting it, because then i'll get the blame.

Okay RNG it is...To ensure no cheating, I'm rolling 200 times & taking the six highest scores for the scramble.

I'm back, and the winners are as follows...

16. Vratix's Hoppip Challenge, 15 times.
1. Dexington's Variable Challenge, 14 times.
10. DetroitLolcat's Haunter Challenge, 13 times.
19. My Phanpy Challenge, 13 times.
5. Treadshot's Starmie Challenge, 13 times.
11. Edwin Illan's Wooper Challenge, 13 times.

Congratulations...Especially Lolcat & Edwin, whose challenges stayed...
All of a sudden I feel snubbed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)