Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
My current team
1-Smugleaf the Treecko (Sprocket)
2-Planecrash the Skarmory (Blisseyofdoom)
3-Boom box the Magnemite (Dexington)
4-KaBoom the Koffing (BIGGIE)
5-Flamebody/Magmarmor the Slugma(Dark ray)
6-Rotom-W the Chinchou (Texas)

@Blissey Planecrash is my nickname you can change it if you want, oh and clarify the solo thing.
I didnt even notice the fire weak, i would have been toast at lavaridge (pun intended).
@Texas nickname for chinchou?
@Dark ray what goes in the last moveslot

Once those are answered i'll start the scramble...that is next week when im done with my exams i'll update as i progress, thanks to everyone that contributed.

Lol, forgot. I'll issue a challenge then if that's okay.

Take a Barboach. Barboach is unsure about anything it does, so he may never use the same move twice in a row. Name him/her "Insecure".

@bjay last moveslot is up to you.
In other news I finally started my poison scramble on ss yesterday so look out for updates... eventually.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Fire Red Solo Scramble

Meh, me again, thinking of what I should do after completing my current Fire Red Scramble, there was one thing I had always wanted to do: A solo scramble, i.e. a One-Pokemon Scramble. I don't want to trade & wanted my Pokemon to solo with be obtainable before the first badge, and there were 5 viable Pokemon I could think of: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Nidoran-F & Nidoran-M. So I want 5 people to come up with restrictions for each of the mentioned 5 Pokemon & by using the mystical powers of RNG Abuse, I shall randomly decide who I shall do my solo run with...
Rules:

• Fire Red Version
  • No Trades
  • 5 people come with restrictions for one of the following: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Nidoran-F & Nidoran-M.
  • Play runs post-national-dex & finishes after the 2nd battle against Rival as Champion.
  • Not too hard, this is a solo run after all.
  • Nothing silly like Mono-Type/Mono-Attacking Pokemon & the like, It will be rejected.
  • I will reserve the right to reject challenges.
  • Using RNG, I will randomly decide which Pokemon to do my solo run with.
  • I'll give 24 hours to get challenges, If there isn't 5, I'll take whatever's there, if there is none, first come first serve (Person who gives challenge gets chosen).
  • Make them fun & creative.
I think that covers everything, I know the line up is a bit restricting, but I wanted viable Pokemon available before the first badge to do a solo run with, also, remember that I can't please everyone, & without further ado, Fire away.

The 5 Pokemon & their Restrictions...
  • Bulbasaur: Cannot Evolve (Texas Cloverleaf)
  • Charmander: Evolve to Charizard ASAP. Once a Charizard, must know & keep one Flying-Type move & may not know any Fire-Type moves. (Sprocket)
  • Squirtle (Squirt): Cannot evolve until after Misty & cannot evolve again until after 6 badges. Cannot learn Mega Kick or Hydro Cannon (DetroitLolcat)
  • Nidoran-F (Sandy): Must have a nature that positively affects one of her attacking stats. If +Attack, may only know Physical moves. If +Sp. Attack, may only know Special Attacks. Whether an attack is Physical or Special depends on their classification in Gen IV (Vratix)
  • Nidoran-M (Josh): Nature may not affect attacking stats, Cannot evolve into Nidoking until it learns Flatter. Post Fuschia, must delete one of its moves each time it faints, E4 moveset must be Surf, Earthquake, Strength & Rock Smash (Arcticblast)

The chosen...
Charmander: Evolve to Charizard ASAP. Once a Charizard, must know & keep one Flying-Type move & may not know any Fire-Type moves. (Sprocket)

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Take a Squirtle, name it Squirt.

It may not evolve until after Misty, and may not evolve twice until after 6 badges. Do not teach it Mega Punch or Hydro Cannon.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Take a Nidoran Male. It cannot evolve into Nidoking until it learns Flatter. If it faints after making it to Fuschia, you must delete one of its moves each time (unless you are in the E4.) It must have a nature that does not affect an attacking stat. Its moveset for the E4 must be Surf, Earthquake, Strength, and Rock Smash. Name it Josh.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Take a Bulbasaur and don't evolve it. That's it. Venusaur's movepool is so garbage that you're honestly not losing anything by soloing the league with level 70 SubSeed stall.

In my Platinum Scramble I am currently in Hearthome preparing for Fantina. I have a level 19 Togepi who must use Metronome against Fantina, a level 33 Monferno who's chilling until Wake probably and a level 24 Gabite who is going to have so much fun soloing Ghosts with Dragon Rage (Levitate=fuk Earthquake).

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Three down, all of them legit, just need restrictions for Charmander & Nidoran-F.

EDIT: @ Sprocket: That is technically a mono-type Pokemon (One with only Flying-Type moves), please change one of the Flying moves or I'm going to reject it.

DOUBLE EDIT: Thank you for changing.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Your restrictions for Charmander are as follows. It must evolve to Charizard as quickly as possible. Once it evolves to Charizard, it must know at least one Flying-type move at all times, and it cannot know Fire-type moves (you may teach it Fire type moves as a Charmander and Charmeleon, but it must promptly forget them as a Charizard).

dibs
on nido-f
-Okay, got it-

name her Sandy because she is part Ground.

She must have a nature that positively affects one of her attacking stats. If it is special She may only have special attacks and the same for physical.

However, rather than determining whether a type is actually special or physical you must go by whether or not that attack is special or physical in gen IV+. E.g.: Hyper Beam is now special, waterfall is now physical, etc...

For Nidoran-F, you must evolve into Nidoqueen ASAP, using a moon stone found in Mt. Moon. It may only use special attacks in battle. Name it QueenBitch.

Edit: Aww ninja'd

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
That's all. Going off to RNG my challenge by using a instant-runoff style, rolling 50 times, & transferring the lowest total of appearances amongst the remaining shit until I have a winner. Will edit in with results. Bulbasaur is 1, Charmander is 2, Squirtle is 3, Nidoran-F is 4, & Nidoran-M is 5.

First round gone & Squirtle is out (Sorry Lolcat).
Bulbasaur-10 rolls
Charmander-13 rolls
Squirtle-6 rolls
NidoranF-10 rolls
NidoranM-11 rolls

Squirtle's 6 rolls are to be transferred.

Second round gone & Bulbasaur is out (Sorry Texas).
Bulbasaur-11 rolls
Charmander-13 rolls
NidoranF-14 rolls
NidoranM-12 rolls

Bulbasaur's 11 rolls are to be transferred.

Third Round gone & NidoranF is out (Sorry Vratix).
Charmander-19 rolls
NidoranF-15 rolls
NidoranM-16 rolls

So it's down to Charmander & Nidoran-M. Who will win? NidoranF's 15 rolls are to be transferred.

Final Round & Charmander won (Congratulations Sprocket, sorry Arcticblast)
Charmander-27 rolls
NidoranM-23 rolls

I'm going to have fun playing with a Charmander...The restrictions...
Your restrictions for Charmander are as follows. It must evolve to Charizard as quickly as possible. Once it evolves to Charizard, it must know at least one Flying-type move at all times, and it cannot know Fire-type moves (you may teach it Fire type moves as a Charmander and Charmeleon, but it must promptly forget them as a Charizard).

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
That's all. Going off to RNG my challenge by using a instant-runoff style, rolling 50 times, & transferring the lowest total of appearances amongst the remaining shit until I have a winner. Will edit in with results. Bulbasaur is 1, Charmander is 2, Squirtle is 3, Nidoran-F is 4, & Nidoran-M is 5.

First round gone & Squirtle is out (Sorry Lolcat).
Bulbasaur-10 rolls
Charmander-13 rolls
Squirtle-6 rolls
NidoranF-10 rolls
NidoranM-11 rolls

Squirtle's 6 rolls are to be transferred.

Second round gone & Bulbasaur is out (Sorry Texas).
Bulbasaur-11 rolls
Charmander-13 rolls
NidoranF-14 rolls
NidoranM-12 rolls

Bulbasaur's 11 rolls are to be transferred.

Third Round gone & NidoranF is out (Sorry Vratix).
Charmander-19 rolls
NidoranF-15 rolls
NidoranM-16 rolls

So it's down to Charmander & Nidoran-M. Who will win? NidoranF's 15 rolls are to be transferred.

Final Round & Charmander won (Congratulations Sprocket, sorry Arcticblast)
Charmander-27 rolls
NidoranM-23 rolls

I'm going to have fun playing with a Charmander...The restrictions...
From previous page...Congrats Sprocket, bad luck all the others, the other challenges were fun, but that's RNG, it can't please everyone...

Now to finish that Fire Red Scramble...

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, Chamander got the most rolls in three out of four rounds. Cumulative 72/200.
NidoranM got 62/200, NidoF 39/200, Bulba 21/200 and Squirtle 6/200. Aren't RNG's great?

EDIT: Obviously the only ones you can accurately compare are Charmander and NidoM but w/e.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Yeah, it must suck to come second...At least your challenge made it to the final round, and I did like the challenge too, but I had to be fair...

That's got me thinking, I have 4 badges in my current Fire Red scramble & a long way to go. Should I can it & start my solo run now, or should I continue on with my current Fire Red Scramble & put this solo run on the backburner?

Texas Cloverleaf

Finish the Srcamble. I still need to finish my Platinum Scramble and Emerald Nuzlocke before I continue with my super-hard challenges (done Fire Red a long ways back, next up is Emerald. I am really dreading HG whenever i get there.).

Need a new Scramble for Sapphire

Won't use lines for: Torchic, Spinda, Lotad, Skitty, Shuppet, or Wingull. (Also, nosepass and bagon because I mention them in a bit and I hate when people give challanges based on restrictions by the person)

Can't trade. Won't breed. Please, distribute types.
Try to keep levels of difficulty 6-8/10 (with one being no restriction 'Mence and 10 being a Nosepass that has to solo Wallace).

I am going to go ahead and reserve my starter for Chocolate-kipp. I rejected his Pidgey Challange for my LG scramble as a "waste of team-slot" and have felt somewhat guilty since then.

I will start a new post with the updating team after 3 or so slots are filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)