Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TM13, I wasnt saying it was too easy just saying sheesh and i say yes to all the challenge including the new part
@Ironman, i am sorry since i already agreeded to a Flying type i must reject since my rules say one of each type, which means flying is taken but please do give me a other bug type
@Samurai, thank you for the fire type so i say yes
@Futachimura, I am sorry already got a grass type so sorry but i say no
@Son of Shodo, i say yes to that challenge
Ok so that makes 4 so please hurry and still waiting for Randoms challenge i have reserved for him, will accept more then one challenge from one person just to hurry this along
EDIt since afro needs some more pokes heres two
Ruby-Take chicken the Torchic, must never evolve and must always eat every berrie and canide you get must only know STAB moves.
SS-Take Croc the Totodile, must only learn physical moves, can only evolve when it solos the 1st and 8 gyms of Johto. other then that enjoy

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
TMBM, your challenge for Ruby conflicts with my challenge, please alter immediately.

Anyways, I've updated my Heart Gold Scramble, I've been grinding for the E4 & now I'm ready. Everyone's at Lv60 bar one, as I attempt to take on the second bout. good Luck me, & maybe after that, I may fight Red.

Take Sandbag the Chikorita (was that your name? I can't remember). It's not proud being a grass type, it wants to be a more exciting type, like Flying or Ghost, but it can't learn any flying or ghost moves. As it so despises its grass typing, it may not use any grass moves or powder moves.

Once it becomes part of the hall of fame, Sandbag finally feels comfortable with himself and takes it upon himself to learn Solarbeam. To prove his new pride, he must use solarbeam in every Kanto gym battle at least once.

No evolution restrictions as Chikorita is a stubborn bastard that wants to prove itself.

@ Hydrattler - Your Chikorita will be named SaNdBaG. Because of it's name it thinks it is a ground type and a wall. It must know and keep light screen and reflect and always set them up in battle. To evolve the sum of it's defense and special defense must equal 100 (for bayleef) and 200 (for meganium)

Edit: ninja'd

OK, so my 6 Pokemon for my White E4 low-level scramble are:

"Superstrike", Technician Cinccino
"MVP", Technician Scyther
Guts Larvitar
"Spartacus", Inner Focus Bisharp
"Tempest", Vigoroth
Gyarados

OK, so I know I still have my ongoing LG Scramble, but I've thought of something else I want to do: Pokemon White E4 low-level scramble.

I'll be taking on the Elite 4 and Alder with your choice of Pokemon, using in battle only as many Full Restores as the computer does, and trying to do it at as low a level as possible. (And no FEAR tactics.)

Rules for Pokemon:
* Give Pokemon, nicknames, and optionally abilities only. I want to formulate my own battle tactics.
* I'll only use those NFEs that have a reason to choose them over their evolved form, like a type difference, or having some higher stats.
* Besides the normal banlist, no Luvdisc or Spinda.
* Suggest any eligible Pokemon, I'll tell you if I can't get it. (I'm prepared to GTS if need be, but of course I haven't seen everything.)

Gyara accepted despite a second rock weakness. The movesets I'll consider advisory, Sub-Flail-DD-4th move does sound interesting.

Now I'd better get training them.

@Hydrattler

For your last catch, a Pinsir in the Bug Catching contest. Name it Winning because he is the coolest pokemon in the contest and SHOULD (but does not) give you the best chance of winning. Have it solo the (Whitney/Morty) that Mareep does not any 4 of Karen's Pokemon without items. (Without items it for Karen Only)

@Afrotrainer

SS if you have a Pokewalker: Immediately start sending in Ponyta until you get on that does NOT have flash-fire. It must solo Jasmine to evolve. Name it Belly
SS if you don't have a pokewalker: You get BerryBoy the Magmar. It may only use attacking moves if it is holding a berry. Upon consumption of any berry it must immediately start using any support moves it has until it has used them all at least once. It must know at least 2 support moves at a time.

Ruby: Bring Marril, the Cripple. Marril is crippled and may not use any moves that are reflected as physical in generation 4 or later. Solo Flannery to evolve.

SS scramble update

Gym 1:

Team
SaNdBaG the chikorita
Solo the mareep

I enter the gym. At first i think the gym is empty but i look up and see the S shape platform high above me. I walk up to the platform which I assume is how i get to the top. As I step on the platform I feel a gust of wind as i zoom up to the top. As I get off and walk along the S a trainer walks over and challenges me to a battle. He tells me his name is Abe.

Abe throws out a pokeball containing a spearow. It leers at solo only to be lasted by some lightning and sent crashing into a nearby pillar and that ends that battle.

I start walking again as I realise that there is a glass platform leading straight to the leader of this gym but where would the fun be in skipping the trainer in front of me. I walk up to this trainer and challenge him.

Rod decides to send a pidgey against solo. Big mistake. It goes down to a single thundershock. He sends out his other pidgey only to suffer the same fate.

I start running to the gym leader but slows down after almost falling off the raised S. He introduces himself as Falkner.

I send solo out against his pidgey. It didn't stand a chance against a Solo. Next he sends out his Pidgeotto. Pigdeotto flys into solo and deals a small chunk of damage but is paralysed by the static in solo's coat. solo lets loose some lightning dropping pidgeottos health down to just below half. solo then
outspeeds the bird and blasts it with more lightning causing it to colapse to the ground. Solo levels up and learns thunderwave.

He admits defeat and hands me the zephyr badge. He explains what i can do now i have the badge but I don't really pay attention. He also gives me the TM51 which he says contained roost and suggests I go to Azalea town next.

Team after beating the gym
SaNdBaG Lv.11
Hasty
Tackle
Growl
Razor leaf
Poisonpowder

Solo lv.14
Hardy
Tackle
Growl
Thundershock (Can never forget)
Thunder wave

From what I can see, I need to grind BOOM! to LV 21 for Selfdestruct if I even want a hope of beating Misty: I would be ass-fucked by Starmie it wouldn't be funny. Come to think of it, Misty is like the hardest gym leader, so how can I skip her again...? then again, I need Cut to access Route 9. goddamn. mass grindfest. :/ the experience has been killed for me :(

Well once you've rescued Bill, you can go to Vermillion (there's a few trainers on the way), and then east as far as the Snorlax (more trainers on the route). You might be able to board the SS Anne before beating Misty too, if so that's loads of Trainers.

@AfroTrainer777:

for SS:you get Totodile the Courage...only attacking moves with a secondary effect asap, must solo a gym leader and an e4 of your choice with those moves...

for ruby:you get Tech the shroomish...it must know moves of 60 or less base power because it hopes it had the technician ability...solo 2 of winona's pokemon...

Expect an update on my XD Scramble you all probably forgot about later tonight. I'm currently spanking Cipher in Phenac.

Edit: Afrotrainer777

SS, take the Tyrogue you earn from the Karate King. Depending on what it evolves into, there are restrictions.

If it becomes Hitmonchan, you may only choose ONE of the elemental punches to use for the entire game, and it must solo all Kanto Gym Leaders that resist said punch.

If it becomes Hitmonlee, you've got a Casanova on your hands, who uses Attract (give it the TM) as much as possible vs. enemy female Pokémon... Before crushing their hearts under Rock Tomb (give it the TM) - In short, vs. any female Pokémon, use Attract then Rock Tomb.

If it becomes Hitmontop, then you have a dance battler on your hands, who can only use moves that are classed as Cool, or Beauty in contests in the 4th Gen. This can be checked out on Serebii.

Ruby: Take a Swablu... Except, Swablu has a terrible throat disorder that means it use attacks that require it to fire something from its mouth, eg. Flamethrower, Dragonbreath etc. Sing is also disallowed because of this.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Heart Gold Scramble Update!!!

Welcome back Scramble thread. To kick off my posting in this thread post-failure, here's the final update to my Heart Gold Scramble. Enjoy!!!
  • Hoppip (4xTheFun): Must appear against 2 GLMP to evolve into Skiploom, & KO 2 GLMP to evolve into Jumpluff. Post-Chuck, must be no more than 2 levels below highest leveled Pokemon & must KO at least one Pokemon on each of the E4 member's teams (Vratix)
  • Variable (Dexington)--> Furret (Dexington): Must know & keep Attract, Me First, & Surf/Whirlpool & use Me First against one of Lance's Dragonites (Dexington)
  • Haunter: Must solo every Haunter I see, including Morty's Haunters. May only use moves with a base power below 80 (DetroitLolcat)
  • Starmie (Valence): If kept below Lv40 against E4, must have Surf & BoltBeam. Otherwise, must know Surf, but no BoltBeam (Treadshot A1)
  • Wooper (Yawn): If ability is Damp, Must know & keep Yawn & Yawn 5 Pokemon to sleep to evolve. If ability is Water Absorb, must know & keep Yawn & Rest & Yawn 10 Pokemon to sleep to evolve (Edwin Illan)
  • Lapras: Must Solo 30 Gym Leader & E4 Pokemon combined before Blue, & may either be all Physical or all Special (Athenodoros)

E4 Time. I go inside the Indigo Plateau & start the E4 Run, Mark II. Will is first up, as I enter with Troll in the lead position. Confronting him, I challenge him to a battle. Time to see how my party fares.

Troll's first against Bronzong, & things open badly, a missed Hypnosis resulting in Troll's demise. So Yawn comes in against the Heatproof Bronzong & revenges with Earthquake. Jynx is next, & Yawn also makes quick work of her. Third came Xatu & that came to Atheno to defeat, before 4xTheFun came in to SubSeed the rest of the party into oblivion. Battle won.

Second in line was Koga. Troll was in the lead as he showed an impressive display, the NFE LVP Material Troll managing to Troll his way to Three consecutive solos, First was a Sucker Punch Spamming Skuntank, then a Venomoth, & finally, a rather annoying Swalot. Sadly, the trolling fun ended when Crobat showed up, the bat KOing Troll with Cross Poison, not that it really mattered since Troll was low on health...So Valence came in & cleaned Crobat up, before handing the reins to Yawn, who finished off the rest of Koga's party.

Third was Bruno. Again Troll was in the lead, & was rather impressive again, showing Hitmontop & Hariyama how to troll like Troll. Then Machamp came & finished Troll off. Curse those stupid one-turn sleeps...So 4xTheFun returned & SubSeeded off the party, comfortably finishing off the rest of the battle, despite Hitmonchan being troublesome with Substitute.
Fourth was Karen, & it was Valence leading this time around. Unfortunately, it was a Weavile leading for Karen & it sent me scrambling for reinforcements. That set the tone for the match, as it was Yawn who beat Weavile. Things got no better, Spiritomb was a struggle, Absol had insane Attack, Honchkrow kept on critting, & Houndoom wasn't really challenging. After beating them five, Umbreon came out, & set up Curse on Atheno as he paralysed Umbreon. This wasn't smart as he started spamming attacks without any real incapacitation, forcing me to spam revives. When 4xTheFun came, things took a turn for the worse for Karen as he started SubSeeding. This became even easier as Karen used a Full Restore on Umbreon, ridding the paralysis & allowing 4xTheFun to sleep Umbreon. That resulted in gg for Umbreon & Karen in one of the hardest battles of this scramble.

Last was Lance, who I decided to lead with Atheno. The battle was disappointingly easy & loaded with hax. Atheno wasn't that convincing against Salamence, being 2HKOed by Dragon Claw after Salamence survived 2 Ice Shards. Then Valence came in & the fun began. Valence cleaned up Salamence, then it OHKOed Gyarados with Thunderbolt, then it 2HKOed Garchomp...After Garchomp got frozen after the first Ice Beam...Then Dragonite was also 2HKOed by Ice Beam, after Valence survived a Draco Meteor with 2HP remaining. But then Charizard acted like a party pooper, surviving a Surf to KO with Flamethrower...So Dexington came in as a slave to revive both Valence & Atheno while Lance used a Full Restore before he got killed, Atheno tried to knock out Charizard, but failed & then Valence defeated Charizard, before finishing off Altaria after several Ice Beams to win me the battle & the scramble. For Valence, it was a great way to finish off the E4 Run after being disappointing beforehand by collecting max EXP from Lance.

And that concludes the Scramble effectively. Red maybe? I don't know, but that will be later on, & that requires a whole shitload of grinding & I don't have the time. So this Scramble is now being considered done.
THE END

LVP

Troll (Male Haunter) @ Nothing
Lv:61/Docile/Levitate
148 HP/86 ATK/73 DEF/178 SATK/84 SDEF/158 SPD
-Hypnosis
-Night Shade
-Nightmare
-Curse
Comments: Given to me by user DetroitLolcat, this Haunter was rather an oddity. The fact that his couldn't use moves with a base power of 80 or more was crippling. It denied him access to moves like Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, etc. This made me rely on moves that didn't have base power. Add to that, the unreliability of Hypnosis, & the fact that the majority of the time, his opponents had one-turn sleeps, & you had yourself a bad Pokemon. At least he managed to take on Koga quite well...But nevertheless, Troll trolled enough to get the LVP title. Thank you DetroitLolcat.

Dexington (Male Furret) @ Nothing
Lv:60/Brave/Run Away
184 HP/139 ATK/105 DEF/69 SATK/80 SDEF/137 SPD
-Strength
-Whirlpool
-Attract
-Me First
Comments: Given to me by user Dexington as a variable Pokemon, Dexington was quite a force early on, but as with so many Pokemon that appear on the first route of a game, Dexington fell into obscurity. Sure he had a powerful move in Strength, but he suffered mainly from mediocrity, & that's what reduced his usefulness. Thank you Dexington.

Yawn (Male Quagsire) @ Nothing
Lv:61/Gentle/Damp
211 HP/132 ATK/120 DEF/99 SATK/110 SDEF/80 SPD
-Yawn
-Waterfall
-Headbutt
-Earthquake
Pokemon Yawned to Sleep: 5/5
Comments: Given to me by user Edwin Illan, Yawn was surprisingly useful. Some useful resistances/immunities for the team, & he was a solid member. Sadly, Yawn was outclassed by Atheno & Valence, two ridiculously powerful water types, & this had a negative effect on his usefulness. If only he was the sole Water Type...Thank you Edwin Illan.

4xTheFun (Male Jumpluff) @ Leftovers
Lv:66/Modest/Chlorophyll
190 HP/103 ATK/122 DEF/115 SATK/128 SDEF/179 SPD
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Giga Drain
GLMP Appearances: 2/2 GLMP Solos: 2/2
Comments: Given to me by user Vratix, 4xTheFun was basically, crap in the beginning. But then, I found the recipe for making him incredibly useful: His Current moveset. The major move there is Substitute, that's what pushed him from LVP to an absolute defensive powerhouse. Add to that, a solid E4 Run, & you can see why I love this thing. Thank you Vratix.

Atheno (Female Lapras) @ Nothing
Lv:60/Naive/Water Absorb
233 HP/162 ATK/104 DEF/110 SATK/108 SDEF/145 SPD
-Confuse Ray
-Ice Shard
-Waterfall
-Body Slam
Gym Leader/E4 Pokemon Solos: 30/30
Comments: Given to me by user Athenodoros, this Lapras was a powerhouse from the outset. I went all-Physical to save time & give me a challenge, & she starred. She did an excellent job to complete 30 solos & she reaped the benefits. Excellent challenge, excellent Pokemon, but a bad E4 run denied her MVP honours. Thank you Athenodoros.

MVP

Valence (Genderless Starmie) @ Nothing
Lv:62/Hardy/Natural Cure
164 HP/116 ATK/122 DEF/187 SATK/120 SDEF/199 SPD
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
-Ice Beam
Comments: Given to me by user Treadshot A1, this was a rather nice offer from Treadshot A1, with Surf & BoltBeam mandatory, but it came at a cost: Keep it under Lv40 during the first E4 Run. And that's what I did, with it at Lv38 after that run. Then it raped. Ridiculous coverage, ridiculous Special Attack & to top it off, taking max EXP from the Scramble's final battle, it's no wonder why Valence gets MVP honours. Thank you Treadshot A1.

Final Game Time: 44:02.

That's all for this Scramble. "But what about Red?" That takes too much grinding time, but I will however, attempt Red some time in the future, after transferring these guys to my strong Heart Gold Game.
What's next? My Super Random Scramble Spectacular! That's what! So keep your eyes peeled for that.
After that, This Scramble is completed. Thank you all for challenges & whatnot, much appreciated. Here's the base post I've been updating for all this time, & I do hope you enjoyed this Scramble. Thank you.

Slight variable challenge:
If your starter has a +Atk nature, you get Buggy the Sewaddle. It loves to bug people and must always have a Bug-type move at its disposal, and must bug at least 40 Trainer Pokemons to evolve into Swadloon, and bug another 20 for Leavanny. It must still bug 15 more Trainer Pokemons, and bug 2 gym leaders. Every gym leader that Leavanny fails to bug, it must solo 10 more Trainer Pokemon. It must always keep a bug-type move, regardless of the situation.

If your starter has a +Def nature, get ThornsRGud the Ferroseed. To evolve into Ferrothorn, it must have Iron Thorns activate against 15 Trainer Pokemon, and have used Gyro Ball beforehand on the mon.

If your starter has a +SpA nature, get Skiploom the Cottonee/Whimsicott. Upon evolving, it must change its name to Jumpluff. It believes itself to be a Jumpluff and thus must not know moves that Jumpluff cannot learn. This restriction is broken if he is hit by a Ground-type attack, since he then snaps out of it and realises what is happening.

If your starter has a +SpD nature, get STAB Lover the Woobat/Swoobat. It loves STAB moves to the point that it can only use STAB moves, and in a double/triple battle, if any battler at any point uses a non-STAB move on anything, regardless of the target, STAB Lover will be so heartbroken that he will run away from the battle by switching out.

If your starter has a +Spe nature, get WHEE the Venipede. Actually, the name isn't Whee, but rather, you spam 'E's until you can't spam anymore. Venipede is so fast that it is pretty much 'WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE' and must always keep Agility. It is so fast that it doesn't have time to pass, so it can't use Baton Pass. In fact, it needs to use Agility every battle, to show off its speed.

BTW, Hardy counts as +ATK, Docile counts as +DEF, Bashful counts as +SPA, Quirky counts as +SpD, and Serious counts as +SPE.

Hit me with a Scramble Challenge please. For Black. And I'm actually gonna do it, unlike my Pearl one. I can trade any Unova pokemon from White over.

I must use Tepig though.

Stardust and doom get a Venipede. May never learn Megahorn, and must learn Struggle Bug ASAP. Solo any Gym Leader that isn't Clay or Brycen. No evo restrictions. Stardust, name yours Starsky, and doom, name yours Hutch.

there is a chance that i could get a venipede from my variable challlenge. may i request a back up mon if i happen to get a venipede?

EDIT: actually the starsky and hutch thing is cool enough that i'll run with two venipedes if i have to. thanks!

@Stardust, you get any mon! well, almost any mon.

You can try to catch this mon on any numbered route in the game.

if it's an odd numbered route, you must ignore any even numbered encounters while searching for this pokemon, for example you could only attempt to catch the 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc pokemon you see. The opposite is true for even numbered routes.

If you catch the pokemon on an even numbered route it can only learn level up moves that you learn for even levels (as well as moves known upon birth). The opposite is true for odd numbered routes.

If you catch this pokemon on an even numbered route, it can only be used against the 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th gym leaders, and the 2nd and 4th E4 members. If caught on an odd numbered route it can only battle the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th gym leaders, and 1st and 3rd E4 members.

Name whatever pokemon you get "The Count"

Oh you can only teach it tms that are prime numbers! (no HMs or move tutors)

http://www.mathsisfun.com/prime_numbers.html

Have fun!

@Doomvendingmachine
You will be accompanied by the Woobat known as Blackula who has comvinced himself that he is a vampire. As such he may only use ominous moves. Before is evolves it's moveset may only consist of moves on the following list:
Confusion, Assurance, Toxic, Taunt, Shadow Ball, Torment, Thief, Embargo, Dream Eater (required), Knock Off
He must successfully use Dream Eater against at least 2 opponents to evolve into Swoobat (and yes, I understand there is no sleep-inducing move in that list). Once he evolves replace Dream Eater with Air Slash and solo Marshall. (Yes, I did notice that Woobat was possible from the variable. The solution is simple. Don't get it from that challange.)

@Stardust
Catch a Maractus and name it Melvin if it's a boy or Melva it a girl. You spend time on the internet, you know about Melvins and their know-it-all ways. As such any time Melv-in, -a has an opportunity to learn a move (s)he must deleting whatever move Melv has know the longest. This includes when you get a new TM in addition to level up moves. Nothing is sacred, no move may be saved or protected. You must get every TM at the earliest point you can and if you receive multiple TMs at once (such as buying them) go in numerical order from lowest to highest. The ONLY catch, once you learn Sucker Punch keep it. Additionally, Melvin must use sucker punch to KO at least 2 of Caitlin's pokemon.

Update on my WELLS (White E4 low-level scramble). Previous post here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3445667&postcount=8139

* Cinccino, Gyarados, and Scyther bred, EVed, and trained to level 50. That's the lowest level I'll try at.
* Caitlin defeated. Her Musharna kept using Hypnosis on my Gyara's Sub, letting me get six DD's.
* Things look reasonably hopeful against the other members, though none have the fatal AI flaw Caitlin does, so I will be needing my other three mons for them.

(Sidenote: I'll be defeating each E4 member, then SRing. That way my Pokemon don't take the levels gained from the first battle into the others. Not sure what to do about Alder; I may swap one of my Scramblemons out for an in-game mon, so I can run through the E4 without my 5 remaining Scramblemons getting any EXP, then take on Alder with the levels I want.)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OMG, doom doing a Scramble! Take a Stunfisk. Solo Ghetsis with only Spark.

jk, jk. Take a Basculin, solo Ghetsis with only Aqua jet.

Okay, okay, enough already, you get a Mienfoo. it must know Regenerator and must use U-Turn at least least once in every full battle it is in (eg you battle H=Ghetsis and use Mienfoo/shao, u-Turn against Vanilluxe, that fulfills the U-Turn req for the battle).

@doom:

you get Bacon the tepig...
because it is afraid that people will catch it and turn it into bacon it must use always first turn flame charge to raise its speed...
must also know smog as a last resort solution to escape from people...
the other two moves must be one fighting and one fire attacking move...
solo an e4 of your choice...

Alright, for doomvendingmachine, I'd like to clarify for Sewaddle:

As Leavanny, when I said to bug 2 gym leaders, it means to solo them. With bug-type moves. Sorry if there is any misconceptions. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)