Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Rules said:
Yes you can use non Scramblemons, but you can't use them in battle. The only time you can use them is when you don't have access to any yet...Or when doing a solo run (A One Pokemon Scramble) & you are forced into a double battle with two of your Pokemon. In other words, you're allowed to use HM Slaves.

The Rules said:
Yes you can use non Scramblemons, but you can't use them in battle. The only time you can use them is when you don't have access to any yet...Or when doing a solo run (A One Pokemon Scramble) & you are forced into a double battle with two of your Pokemon. In other words, you're allowed to use HM Slaves.
I am repeating this for emphasis; compare my Black Version Solo, starring Shelly the Oshawott. I needed a Flyer, so I caught a Pidove early and used it for flight. Moreover I needed Simmer the Pansear for Cut; I didn't want it on Shelly because Tackle is the exact same thing, only perfect accuracy and (I believe) more pp.

We should start a scramble chat group on skype or something, get some more friendships between scramblers and stuff.

Anyways, have started my White and Soul Silver scramblockes only slightly. I will be playing B/W while making my SS comics, the first of which should be done..... in about 5 minutes!

Lv50.

Also, Texas has informed me that the replacement for False Swipe on Troll Liepard shall be Scratch. My reaction: FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU...Now I wish I didn't teach Durant Aerial Ace over Iron Head...>_>
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. At least you can kill stuff with scratch ;)

Hey Everyone. First Post ever so i'm going to start with a bang!
I want to do a scramble challenge for heartgold. Nothing too silly but I'm game for pretty much what ever.
I need a group of 6 peeps to take me from new bark to the top of mt silver.

obsidianranger 1.For your first scramble here, I give you a Furret called Ninnin. Ninnin must solo Pryce, Jasmine or Chuck, your choice.

It's a random 2.Take an Aipom. It must know & keep Astonish & use that move each time it enters the battlefield. If Astonish flinches the opponent, or KOes a Pokemon, then it can stay in. Otherwise, it must switch out, unless it's the last Pokemon alive in your Party. Name it Fake Out!.

auramaster 3. , welcome to Smogon :) take a Girafarig named Confused. During battle, you cannot use moves on the same row twice in a row. So for example, if your moves are.. no normal moves ever.

detroitlolcat 4. Recap:
Freshman the Chikorita. No Razor Leaf until Level 12
As a Bayleef, it cannot participate in two consecutive Trainer battles
Must learn Petal Dance at level 32 but can't use it until 40

bobsquab 5. Slipster, take a Hoppip named Supaspy. Supaspy is an infiltrator whose duty is to gather information on the opponent. It must learn the following moves.
Attract: for extracting information
Bullet seed: it's main weapon
Sleep powder: for knocking out the guards
U turn: for escaping

Walrein 6. Slipster, to round out your team, take Grenade the Pineco. It must know selfdestruct and explosion at all times. It may evolve after going BOOM on 3 gym leader pokemon.

@Theslipster, welcome to Smogon.
For your first scramble here, I give you a Furret called Ninnin. Ninnin must solo Pryce, Jasmine or Chuck, your choice.

Now, before I take heavy criticism at how bad this comic is, it is a bad comic run, INTENDED TO BE BAD. Which I like doing, because it allows me to get each comic done a lot faster. Enjoy.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@ theslipster: Welcome to Smogon! Now for your challenge...

Take an Aipom. It must know & keep Astonish & use that move each time it enters the battlefield. If Astonish flinches the opponent, or KOes a Pokemon, then it can stay in. Otherwise, it must switch out, unless it's the last Pokemon alive in your Party. Name it Fake Out!.

Have fun.

Liking the comic, ObsidianRanger.

@theslipster, welcome to Smogon :) take a Girafarig named Confused. During battle, you cannot use moves on the same row twice in a row. So for example, if your moves are...

Psychic.........Thunderbolt
Energy Ball....Psybeam

And you start a battle by using Psychic, then your next move must be either Energy Ball or Psybeam. If you use Energy Ball, then your next move must be Psychic or Thunderbolt. That make sense? Also, because normal things don't have two heads, Girafarig can never use any Normal type moves.

And big news for all Scramblers, the IRC Channel #scramble has been revived! Feel free to join the channel, discuss giving challanges or how your Scrambles are going, and just hang out with fellow Scramble guys :)

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! Since you are new to Smogon, here is your challange!

You get the first Pokemon in the Johto pokedex, Chikorita! Since it is new to Johto (as you are to Smogon), name it Freshman. Since nobody reads the Smogon rules and ends up getting infracted on the first few posts, Chikorita got warned by that tyrant reachzero (jk reach is cool) and got a temporary ban on the move Razor Leaf until level 12. It eventually learned the rules and didn't get in any more trouble until evolving. However, once it got stronger as a Bayleef it became a smug bastard and posted condescendingly in the Suspect Test thread and got a 2 point infraction to complement the 1 point infraction it got earlier. Since it fell to the "I Could be Banned" status, it stopped posting for a while and only participated in every other Trainer battle. The infractions wore off after Jasmine and Freshman made mends with the mods and eventually got eight badges which were worth a Tiering Contributor badge. It posted a little in the PR forum, but since it didn't want to ban everything like all the other PR members it got shunned. Also, to make this a little more difficult, it has to learn Petal Dance at level 32 but can't use it until Level 40.

Recap:
Freshman the Chikorita. No Razor Leaf until Level 12
As a Bayleef, it cannot participate in two consecutive Trainer battles
Must learn Petal Dance at level 32 but can't use it until 40

Slipster, take a Hoppip named Supaspy. Supaspy is an infiltrator whose duty is to gather information on the opponent. It must learn the following moves.
Attract: for extracting information
Bullet seed: it's main weapon
Sleep powder: for knocking out the guards
U turn: for escaping

It may evolve once it knows two of these moves, and again once it knows all four. It must be your lead in all non solos, so it can scout.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Slipster, to round out your team, take Grenade the Pineco. It must know selfdestruct and explosion at all times. It may evolve after going BOOM on 3 gym leader pokemon.

Slipster, to round out your team, take Grenade the Pineco. It must know selfdestruct and explosion at all times. It may evolve after going BOOM on 3 gym leader pokemon.
Walrein, you seem to like Pinecos, and for that, I salute you good sir.

Liking the comic, ObsidianRanger.
Thank you, I hope it's bad enough to be good..... if that makes sense :p

And big news for all Scramblers, the IRC Channel #scramble has been revived! Feel free to join the channel, discuss giving challanges or how your Scrambles are going, and just hang out with fellow Scramble guys :)
Just wondering, what exactly is IRC?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Well, minor progress for White, & Yes, I managed to solo Marshal with a Durant! It took me countless Potions, but I beat him! After that I went to Caitilin with Troll & his Scratch move in the lead, & successfully soloed two of Caitilin's Pokemon with Sucker Punch & Scratch. Troll defeated Reuniclus by Sucker Punching a missed Focus Blast, Scratched on the Full Restore, & KOed with Sucker Punch. Sigilyph was the other Pokemon that fulfilled Troll's requirement, Troll OHKOing with Sucker Punch! Troll then soloed the rest of Caitilin's party with other moves.
Then I had my final solo test against Grimsley, with DonkeyKong (Lv50) having to solo his Krookodile. I had so much momentum into the fight Then came the crucial solo, then...

The foe's Krookodile used Earthquake!
Its Super Effective!
DonkeyKong fainted!

After having to go through so much trouble, only to be outsped & OHKOed by Earthquake...FML. Oh well, back to the Audino Farm on Route 10, I guess...Even worse, I must go through all that trouble again...Until next time...Also, if only my computer would let me download IRC...

Well, minor progress for White, & Yes, I managed to solo Marshal with a Durant! It took me countless Potions, but I beat him! After that I went to Caitilin with Troll & his Scratch move in the lead, & successfully soloed two of Caitilin's Pokemon with Sucker Punch & Scratch. Troll defeated Reuniclus by Sucker Punching a missed Focus Blast, Scratched on the Full Restore, & KOed with Sucker Punch. Sigilyph was the other Pokemon that fulfilled Troll's requirement, Troll OHKOing with Sucker Punch! Troll then soloed the rest of Caitilin's party with other moves.
Then I had my final solo test against Grimsley, with DonkeyKong (Lv50) having to solo his Krookodile. I had so much momentum into the fight Then came the crucial solo, then...

The foe's Krookodile used Earthquake!
Its Super Effective!
DonkeyKong fainted!

After having to go through so much trouble, only to be outsped & OHKOed by Earthquake...FML. Oh well, back to the Audino Farm on Route 10, I guess...Even worse, I must go through all that trouble again...Until next time...Also, if only my computer would let me download IRC...
Couldn't you have saved before fighting Grimsley?

Also, if only my computer would let me download IRC...
Mibbit.com. Just sayin'~
(Also, wow, white text is painful. Is there something wrong with strikeout? :( )

And I swear, I'll actually do a Scramble one of these days. >.> I've been meaning to buy a copy of White specifically for this. :|

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Couldn't you have saved before fighting Grimsley?
Pointless to do so, as it will almost certainly happen time & time again without grinding.
Mibbit.com. Just sayin'~
Might try that.

Moving on, & still grinding. Got Durant to LV55 in an attempt to minimise chances of being beaten by Marshal, & in the process of bumping DonkeyKong's level to 55. Also retaught Durant Iron Head. In the end, this will probably end up being the most overleveled team in the history of Black/White in-game runs...(Awaits Texas' HSCE to see how overleveled his team will be in the end...) Also, I should really be taking these minor updates to the Recent Scramble Happenings thread in the Social Group...

Nobody welcomed me when I joined 2 days ago....
I've made some decent progress on my LG scramble, 3 gym badges (skipped Surge)

Bounaparte the Wartortle Lv 34
The height restrictions really screws this guy over, I leveled him up using the bait-and switch method.
FEAROW the Fearow Lv 38
Can someone say MVP? He's really overleveled because of grinding to solo Misty, but it'll even out eventually.
Machoman the Machop Lv 35
I've never used the Machop line before, and am pleasantly surprised. Will start training to solo the Dojo soon
Hater the Gastly Lv 14
Just caught lol. Will start training immeadiately.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pointless to do so, as it will almost certainly happen time & time again without grinding.

Might try that.

Moving on, & still grinding. Got Durant to LV55 in an attempt to minimise chances of being beaten by Marshal, & in the process of bumping DonkeyKong's level to 55. Also retaught Durant Iron Head. In the end, this will probably end up being the most overleveled team in the history of Black/White in-game runs...(Awaits Texas' HSCE to see how overleveled his team will be in the end...) Also, I should really be taking these minor updates to the Recent Scramble Happenings thread in the Social Group...
99% sure the whole team will be level 100 before I fight Red. As it is my average levels are around 16 on my four pokes before Union Cave and I'm planning on grinding another 5-10 levels before I continue.

Hey guys! Guess what! I'm doing a Scramble Challange for my loved Diamond game. The rules follow...

Rules:
  • I cannot trade.
  • Please be creative.
  • All pokemon must be available before Byron, and at least 3 before Wake.
  • No drudgery. I'm fine with a little bit of leveling, but I don't wish to have to level a pokemon 30 levels to beat the first gym.
  • No level restrictions.
  • Challenges should be around easy-medium or medium level.
  • I must be able to fully evolve all my pokemon.
  • Banned pokemon: Any fished up pokemon, any pokemon you can only get on Honey trees, Chimchar, Bidoof, and Pachirisu.

Bring it!

Ziposaki, your starter is Squirtle the Turtwig. He believes he is a squirtle, and must not fight any grass or electric types. He must try to solo as many fire types as possible. No restrictions on evolving into Grotle, but evolve into Torterra after soloing Wake's Gyarados and at level 36 (like a Blastoise). Extra points if you change its name to Wartortle as a Grotle and Blastoise as a Torterra.

Sorry for the double post, but I will be starting a HG, Emerald, and Diamond Scramble soon, because I really enjoy my LG scramble. Don't give anything that needs trading, I need a starter in my team, and don't make it too over the top.

@SuperScrafty: Accepted. Sounds like fun. Soloing fire types might be a bit difficult, but so it is. I'm going to miss getting Earthquake at 32, but that's what Heart Scales are for, right? And I still get my beloved Leech Seed, so I don't care too much. And for your Diamond challenge:

Take a Starly and NN it Mosong. This Starly has visited Smogon, but finds it absurd, so it cannot learn/use any of the moves in any of the movesets in the DPPT analysis. It is also finds it shocking pokemon want to evolve so quickly, so it cannot evolve into Staraptor until 3 of your other pokemon have evolved fully (no restrictions on evolving into Staravia). Mosong also believes personality cannot possibly make a difference on a pokemon's strength, so it mustn't have a nature that raises Attack or Speed. It must never hold an item. To prove it is strong even without using Smogon, Mosong must solo Roark or Volkner (you pick) and beat at least 2 of Cynthia's pokemon (beat means land the final blow at least, you don't have to solo.)

In summary:

• Take a Starly and NN Mosong
  • Cannot learn/use any moves in any of the movesets in the DPPT analysis
  • Cannot evolve into Staraptor until 3 of your other pokemon have evolved fully
  • No restrictions on evolving into Staravia
  • Mustn't have a nature that raises Attack or Speed
  • Can never hold an item
  • Must solo either Roark or Volkner
  • Beat at least 2 of Cynthia's pokemon (at least land the final blow, don't have to solo)

You might consider this over the top, but whoops. I'll probably make a challenge for your other games later. Maybe.

Ziposaki, it's fine. I'll be pulling some shenaningans with double team of course, but I think I'll manage. I just found out I have an event Celebi wonder card in Diamond too, which is awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)