Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tlyee61

You get Draco the Druddigon. This Druddigon is tired of being slow, and must realize that its slowness can actually help it. To prove that its defense is good enough for it to warrant being slow, it must survive 5 Dragon-type attacks, and 5 Ice-type attacks, before the E4. It must also take a Dragon Claw from N's Dragon.

@pwnemon

You get I WIN!! the Gastly. This Gastly is odd, because it always feels that it must OHKO the opponent. Therefore, if it fails to OHKO an opposing pokemon, it must switch out in shame.

@Fangren

You get BURN!! the Litwick. Its entire existence is to be dedicated to BURN people. Therefore, all of its moves must have a chance to burn the opponent, and it must open every battle with Inferno. It also must successfully KO 1 GLMP with just burn damage, (and possible damage from Inferno).

All of you, Have FUN!!

He can't learn Whirlwind without breeding.
Really? I should have looked it up first :(

Use Roar instead. I'll edit it in.

Oh, and I apologize both in hindsight and in advance for any ridiculously complex/involved/contrived/difficult challenges. My pokemon (in Platinum) have never beaten a Frontier Leader (have beaten the Factory though :P), so I feel sad, angry, and frustrated about my training capabilities.

Fair enough, i kinda saw that one coming.

I still need 5 more pokemon people! reposts now accepted!
What was the last one I gave you? Warbeak?

Ok, take a Remoraid. It may only use physical attacking moves, to prove that the Octillery line may be used as effective physical attackers as well. Name it whatever you want.

For Fangren, take a male Oshawott. Name it Bushido. He has such a strong sense of honor that he may never harm any pokemon that has a status effect or less than half health when he switches in. If he scores a KO, he may fight normally against the next pokemon. His sense of honor extends so far that he refuses to fight against pokemon that have a 4x weakness against Water.

@tlyee, take a female Woobat. Name her Juliet. She must use Attract on any male flying group pokemon before she is allowed to attack.

EDIT: Pidove line, Woobat line, Sigilyph, Archen line, Ducklett line, Vullaby line, Rufflet line.

Have fun.

Fangren and tlyee61 will each take a Timburr (the first one they meet wild) that cannot evolve past Gurdurr; they'll share the nickname "Fighter". Whichever of the two have Sheer Force Ability can only use attacks that have a possible secondary effect; whichever of the two have Guts Ability have to be inflicted with a negative status (such as paralysis) before they attack. Whichever of the two are male have to evolve to Gurdurr at an odd level; whichever of the two are female have to evolve to Gurdurr at an even level. They must be in their Gurdurr stage before their respective Trainers reach Unova League.

Edit: tlyee61, because this is your fifth team member and I am assuming you were asking for only five, I will allow you to pick your starter, your choice. This starter must solo the first part of the game, up to and including you and Cheren vs. Team Plasma, before recruiting Juliet the Woobat. This starter cannot be used as a battler anymore once you obtain Juliet. Keep in mind that this starter influences Cheren and Bianca's lineups for your main Scramble 'Mons.

People seem to have forgotten you, Pwnemon, so if you need another:

Take the Riolu egg from Iron Island. Name the hatchling Medium. It has a deep connection to the spirits of your dead team members. Therefore, it must learn a psychic or ghost type move. Because of its bond with the spiritual world, it must grind up to the levels of the pokemon in your party in the Old Chateau or the Tower just outside Solaceon Town. Every time a pokemon in your party dies, it helps the pokemon's soul adjust to the spirit world, and so Medium cannot be used in any way for 24 real life hours. It may evolve into Lucario only if more then half of your assigned pokemon have died. It also may not fight ghost types, because these could be your defeated party members.

Summary: Riolu, NN Medium. Cannot fight ghost types. Must learn a Psychic or Ghost type move. Must grind to within 5 levels of your highest leveled party member immediately after hatching at the Old Chateau or the Lost Tower outside Solaceon. Every time a team member dies, he cannot be used in any way for 24 real life hours. May evolve to Lucario if more than half of your team members have died.

EDIT: I realize how impossible the grinding part is if you can't fight ghost types, so he may attack ghost types only while you grind him to a useable level.

Hey look it's a Scramble update!

Went across the ocean, grinded for a bit, Took out the weather institute and soloed the admin with Sceptile. Soloed May with Swablu on the first try. Grinded some more. Soloed Winona with Gardevoir, including attracting, and took out the third pokemon with Altaria. Grinded some more.

Valor the Sceptile @ Level 38
Leaf Blade
Dig
Quick Attack
Rock Smash

Fire Attacks Taken: 7. Magma Admins Soloed: 2. Pretty good at taking out anything. I'd like to get rid of Rock Smash if I can, but I don't think there's any other space for it.

Setsuna the Gardevoir @ Level 38
Calm Mind
Psychic
Hidden Power
Attract

Psychic takes out almost anything, shame I have to get rid of it. Wound up with Hidden Power Bug, which is not going to help me much.

Chum-Li the Hariyama @ Level 29
Vital Throw
Rock Tomb
Arm Thrust
Strength

Oh how the mighty have fallen out of use. I need to grind him more, but he needs to be lower than Threety.

Apology the Illumise @ Level 24
Wish
Moonlight
Toxic
Quick Attack

Meanwhile, this gal hasn't gotten any use at all. A shame, as I kind of like her.

Threety the Altaria @ Level 37
Hidden Power
Sing
Fly
Take Down (Unusable)

Hoenn Pokemon KOed: 3. This guy has been the star of the scramble for a while now. How everyone else levels up is entirely based on how he does. I soloed May on the first try as a Swablu, albeit it took a few potions to do it. I went up against Winona not knowing that Skarmory was her third pokemon, and feebly attempted to hit it with physical attacks before giving up. I got really lucky that it's hidden power was electric, if it were anything physical I never would have beaten the challenge. Even that took three hits to kill Skarmory, Altaria really sucks.

Banned the Whiscash @ Level 36
Surf
Rest
Earthquake
Magnitude

Finally got him up to earthquake levels. He doesn't learn Fissure until level 57, so I'm really going to have to get him up before the E4. At least that gives me enough space to use him as a Dive and Waterfall slave.

you get Nuzlocke the Seedot. This Seedot wishes to live up to its namesake and thus must never evolve into Shiftry. It must solo every Pokemon that killed its namesake--Voltorb. Every time it gets KO'd, you must say: "I believe all of this is happening for a reason."
Need 3 more challanges guys. ShinySkarmory is rejected because that pokemon becomes useless if I Evolve it even once!

EDIT sorry Bob but I already have an Electrike
@Pimpgangster

You get Raibolt the Electrike. This poor Electrike has a faulty battery, meaning he gets low on charge often. It needs to supercharge its battery before it can evolve.

- After five uses of Electric moves, Raibolt can no longer use them for the rest of the battle.
- Every second battle, Raibolt cannot use Electric moves at all.
- To evolve into a Manectric, Raibolt must conduct 10 electric moves (Lightning Rod ability activating 10 times).
PimpGanster, You get CHAMPION the slakoth! Excited about the master of slakings winning the 3rd SPL, it loves to traunt. A lot. Because of this, it must take a break between attacking moves as a vigoroth. It must also only use moves that are worthy of a champion (are found in any slaking analysis). Finally, it must solo every lolcat (skitty) and Ice Type pokemon (TM13IceBeam) to prove that it can beat everyone.
Pimpgangster, take Sammy the Keckleon. It can only attack when it has STAB. It must solo one E4 member.

2 more left

Pimpgangster, take a female Electrike, name it Holo. Holo is a god of harvest in wolf form, and she purifies soil so that it can grow wheat. Every time you see a new patch of grass, (one that is separated from other patches of grass) solo the first Pokemon you encounter within it, so that it's remains may fertilize the soil. She must do this to EVERY patch of grass in the game, and each floor of every cave, before you may fight the elite four. She cannot fight on water, however, as there is nothing to purify.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
PimpGanster, You get CHAMPION the slakoth! Excited about the master of slakings winning the 3rd SPL, it loves to traunt. A lot. Because of this, it must take a break between attacking moves as a vigoroth. It must also only use moves that are worthy of a champion (are found in any slaking analysis). Finally, it must solo every lolcat (skitty) and Ice Type pokemon (TM13IceBeam) to prove that it can beat everyone.

Need 3 more challanges guys. ShinySkarmory is rejected because that pokemon becomes useless if I Evolve it even once!

EDIT sorry Bob but I already have an Electrike

2 more left
Had a feeling you would reject me :(

I'll replace it. Take a Treeko. This Treeko wants to be like the Mystery Dungeon Grovyle, so it may never evolve to Sceptile. It must learn and keep Leaf Blade, Quick Attack, and Dig, and it must have this moveset by the time you reach Winona. Name it Grovyle.

My friend and I are doing a race of Diamond and Pearl (I have Pearl, he has Diamond), but with one key difference. At the beginning of the game, we will catch 5 or 6 slave pokemon each and trade them for eggs of our Scramble teams. We can trade (obviously) and we each want 6. They can be any non-legendary breedable pokemon in the 4th Gen National Dex.

We both want starters (doesnt matter which gen), and his challange should be slightly easier then mine. No glaring type weaknesses, the usual blah blah blah.

I'll edit in accepted team members here:
ShinySkarmory:

For Pearl: Take Bieber the male Jigglypuff. It must know Sing and attract at all times, and use them both before attacking a gym leader's Pokémon (Or that of a member of the E4). It must solo every artsy trainer (singer, idol, artist, ...) you encounter. To evolve, have it solo 5 of those trainers.

For Diamond: You get Ferrothorn the Hoppip. It thinks it's a defensive Juggernaut, and slow, therefore it must be hit by an attack before being able to attack itself. You can achieve this by a) using an item b) switching it into an attack c) Being actually slow (eg, heavy tail or something of the like). There are no restrictions on the first evolution (because Hoppip sucks), but it may only evolve into Jumpluff on level 40, the same level Ferroseed evolves. Additionally, you have to solo your rival twice with it before being able to evolve.

Have fun ;)

EDIT: You can switch it around if you want, or if you find that one is too difficult for him.
EDIT: My friend rejected the Hoppip, (glaring type weaknesses, he says), but I'll let Spoook give him another one. Also, whoever gave me the Bidoof, I'll take it, but FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!
My PEARL team:
1. Dreamer the Torchic (must be bred with agility. Must solo a gym leader with only agility and quick attack to evolve into Combusken; must solo 5 pokemon with a higher base speed then it to evolve to Blaziken)
2. NotAStarter the Bidoof (may only know moves that the starter pokemon may know. must solo all three starters to evolve to Bibarel, must solo Palkia) (Sunny Day, Grass Knot, Toxic, and Return. God this is going to suck.)
3. Bieber the Jigglypuff (Must use attract and sing on a GL pokemon before it can attack, must solo 5 artsy trainers to evolve)
4. Sandy the Snover (hopefully female. Must always know grasswhistle or swagger, but never both. Must have all EXACTLY 60 BP moves to evolve. Cannot learn Blizzard until it solos 2 GLP or 10 trainer pokemon)
5.Thing1 the Mankey (must learn 4 moves from Smogon analysis sets from any gen. Must solo Byron and Roark. Must solo all Aipom/Ambipom)
6. Outlandos the Abra (must always keep Teleport. must be traded for D'amor when it evolves to Kadabra)

My friend's DIAMOND team
1. NoobStart the Chikorita (no evolving until level 25, must copy a moveset for Meganium on Smogon's 4th gen overview)
2. FFFFFUUUUU the Hippopotas (must solo Gardenia if breeded and only have moves off smogon sets, must solo an E4 member if you catch it normally.)
3. Random the Farfetch'd (must use a random move on a random target each time he attacks)
4. Thing2 the Aipom (must learn 2 moves boosted by Prankster. Must solo Wake and Candice. Must solo every Mankey/Primeape) (Fail, no mankeys or primeapes in D/P before you beat the game)
5. D'amor the Machop (may only have 1 fighting move, must be traded for Outlandos as soon as it evolves to Machoke)
6. (reserved for Spoook)

Also, neither of us are accepting any more Normal types, I am not accepting any more Fighting type, and my friend is no longer accepting Ice-weak pokemon. (LOL, 3 ice weaknesses... woulda been 4 if he hadn't rejected Hoppip.)

@ShinySkarmory,

You get NOTASTARTER, the Bidoof. He is obsessed with replacing your starter and so can only know moves that the starter pokemon can learn. He can only evolve once he has beaten a piplup, turtwig and a chimchar in battle. He must solo Palkia.

My friend and I are doing a race of Diamond and Pearl (I have Pearl, he has Diamond), but with one key difference. At the beginning of the game, we will catch 5 or 6 slave pokemon each and trade them for eggs of our Scramble teams. We can trade (obviously) and we each want 6. They can be any non-legendary breedable pokemon in the 4th Gen National Dex.

We both want starters (doesnt matter which gen), and his challange should be slightly easier then mine. No glaring type weaknesses, the usual blah blah blah.

I'll edit in accepted team members here:

My PEARL team:

My friend's DIAMOND team
Your friend gets NoobStart the Chikorita. NoobStart is a noob, and hence must evolve at LV 25. Once it evolves, it decides to register for a Smogon Account, and finds out about the page on its evolution, Meganium. It then decides to mimic one of the sets for the rest of the game. It must solo Candice.

@pimpgangster
You must catch a Tentacool and name it Visigoth. A fearsome warrior the challange he gets revolves around whether or not he can solo Brawly's Gym in ONE TRY (You may use 1 item per trainer battled, these items carry over).
If you succeed:
you are the master of disaster. You need get more strongerer now. You may not evolve until you know 4 moves of base-power 90 or greater. Upon evolving you may replace 1 of them
A/N Return/Frustration count as long as Visi likes/hates you enough.

If you fail:
All those smacks to the head have left Visigoth feeling confused. He can't remember what type he is anymore. You may not use STAB attacks in Battle

In either case: you must solo Wallace as a Tentacruel.

@ShinySkarmory
DIBS TWICE
you will get a Snover and you WILL name it Sandy. Hopefully it is a girl Snover, if not, pretend it's a cross/dresser. Sandy loves to shenanigans. Therefore she must know either (but never both) Grasswhistle or Swagger at all times. Sandy may only evolve if all of her attacking moves have EXACTLY 60 base power. She may not learn Blizzard until KOs either a)2 Gym Leader Pokemon OR b)12 trainer pokemon.

@Shiny's Friend
You get a Hippoppotas named ffUUUUU because they make you scream that when you try to find one (unless you breed one, you whore). You may choose your challange: either a) you breed a hippo and then you must solo Gardenia and only learn moves from the gen4 competitive sets OR b) You catch one. In that cave. That will drive you frickin' batty. If you catch ffUUUUU this way then he must solo a member of the elite 4

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Decided against a big update this weekend as the only major news was Pidgeotto sweeping Claire due to the amazing set-up fodder that is Gyarados.

All that's really happened since has been grinding. A lot of it. Sunkern is also at least level 45, has its almost finalized moveset and is completely attack trained.

ShinySkarmory:

For Pearl: Take Bieber the male Jigglypuff. It must know Sing and attract at all times, and use them both before attacking a gym leader's Pokémon (Or that of a member of the E4). It must solo every artsy trainer (singer, idol, artist, ...) you encounter. To evolve, have it solo 5 of those trainers.

For Diamond: You get Ferrothorn the Hoppip. It thinks it's a defensive Juggernaut, and slow, therefore it must be hit by an attack before being able to attack itself. You can achieve this by a) using an item b) switching it into an attack c) Being actually slow (eg, heavy tail or something of the like). There are no restrictions on the first evolution (because Hoppip sucks), but it may only evolve into Jumpluff on level 40, the same level Ferroseed evolves. Additionally, you have to solo your rival twice with it before being able to evolve.

Have fun ;)

EDIT: You can switch it around if you want, or if you find that one is too difficult for him.

So far I've got Audino, Emolga, Litwick, Oshawott, and Timburr; I still need one more for my challenge of White (no trading, medium difficulty).

For shinyskarmory and friend:

shinyskarmory gets Dreamer the Torchic. It longs for its fifth gen dream world ability, Speed Boost, and as such wants to be as fast as possible. It must have Agility as an Egg move, and must use it to start every battle it participates in. It cannot evolve into Combusken until it has soloed a Gym leader using only Agility and Quick Attack, and can never forget either move once it does so. It may evolve into Blaziken only after soloing 8 pokemon with a higher base speed than it.

Other guy gets a Farfetch'd named Random. You can teach him whatever moves you wish at any time, but he can only attack randomly (random move used, random target if in a double battle).

And that makes 6! Here they are, in order of projected appearance:

Oshawott (Bushido): Must be male. Cannot damage any pokemon that either has a status condition or is at less than half health when he enters the battle unless he scored a KO against the previous pokemon. Cannot battle pokemon 4x weak to water.

Audino (lolno): Must solo Shauntel.

Munna: Must always have Lucky Chant active while in battle.

Timburr (Fighter): First one met in wild. If ability is Sheer Force, can only use attacks with a possible secondary effect; if ability is Guts must be inflicted with a negative status before attacking. If male it must evolve at an odd level, if female at an even level; cannot evolve past Gurdurr.

Emolga (Lightning): Must learn Volt Switch ASAP and use it against all higher level pokemon it fights. When it does it must switch to a pokemon with a weakness to one of the enemy's types, or the lowest level if no such pokemon exists on my team. Must learn Attract ASAP and use it on all opposite-gender pokemon, unless previous rule applies.

Litwick (BURN!!): All moves must have a chance to burn opponent. Must open every battle with Inferno if possible. Must successfully KO 1 Gym Leader's Main Pokemon using only burn/Inferno damage.

An interesting team; I can't say I've used most of those pokemon before. I will start the challenge ASAP.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
ShinySkarmory: You get Thing 1, a Mankey that's BFF's with your friend's Aipom, Thing 2. However, you differenciate from you two, you each have certain requirements you must do. Thing 1 is hyper competitive, so it cannot evolve until it learns 4 moves mentioned in any generation of Primeape analysis. Because of his natural advantage against steel and rock, he must solo the father/son duo of gym leaders. Finally, every time you see an aipom of ambipom, you must switch into Thing 1 and solo it.
ShinySkarmory's Friend: You get Thing 2, An aipom that's BFF's with your friend's Mankey, Thing 1. However, you differenciate from you two, you each have certain requirements you must do. This aipom is a bit of a prankster, so in order to evolve, it must learn and keep 2 moves that have priority raised by prankster. Because it wants to be happy, it must solo the two biggest partiers in all of Sinnoh, Crasher Wake and Candice. Finally, every time you see a Mankey or a Primape, you must switch Thing 2 and solo it.

@Treadshot about signature pokes: Know this was a while back, but I think 4 or 5 people also have signatures, including TM13's Trollbird(which is creative and awesome, one must admit).

Last post on this thread ever, due to my "can't complete one of these" shame.

Bumping to remind everyone that i need one more mon for my diamond challenge, and my friend needs two more. One of my friend's is reserved for Spoook, and the other one is open. Please no more normal types, and no more ice weak mons for my friend.

SuperSkarmory, you get a super duper Abra!

-Name him Outlandos
-Must know and keep Teleport
-Must be caught on the first pokeball used
-Must be traded with your friend who will then keep your Alakazam, and he will use it by the restrictions.

Your friend gets: A super Duper Machop!

-Name him D'Amour
-Can only have 1 fighting-type move
-Can only be caught once you have 1 pokeball left
-Must be traded with your friend as a Machoke for your Kadabra, you will keep the Machamp and you will continue with the restrictions.

---------------------------------

This is quite possibly my most creative one yet, so I will make this my signature for double scrambles...The Piemonade Double Trouble Trade Doom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)