Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to try the Scramble challenge for LeafGreen. No trading, no rules regarding Hidden Power.

#1: Catch a Jigglypuff named Kamehameha. Evolve it right when you get the Moon stone in Mt. Moon. It can only use attacks with a base power of over 100. - Dexington
#2: Your starter is CHARMANDER. It must keep Ember throughout the game and cannot ever drink Potions or Super Potions. Hyper Potions are fine. It also cannot evolve into Charmeleon until it knows Scary Face (level 25), but you can get rid of Scary Face after evolving. To evolve into Charizard it must solo at least two of Sabrina's Pokemon. - chocolate-kipp
#3: Take a Porygon named Ronodo. Your Porygon is glitched and is not compatible with any TMs or HMs until you make it immune to different types. For every two types it gains an immunity too, you can teach it one TM. The list of types is Normal, Electric, Ground, Fire, Water, Psychic, Fighting, and Poison. Ghost doesn't count :P Also, you love Pokemon. You love all Pokemon. You want all Pokemon. Thus, once you have 2 badges, your Pokemon must be a lower or equal level to the amount of Pokemon you've caught. - auramaster
#4: a) male Abra named D.LOLcat
b) Highest level by 6 levels
c) may not know/use confusion - Vratix
#5: You get a Jolteon. It's attack moves can only be Electric type, but it can learn any non-attack moves you want it to learn. You may teach it Hidden Power regardless of it's type
#6: Catch a Seel. Name it 1337 Seel and teach it Surf, Double Team, Sheer Cold, and Thief. It must be your lowest level Pokemon until you beat the eighth gym. It must solo this gym. After this, it cannot be your highest level Pokemon. No evolution restrictions.

@zdrup15 Whoopee.

@NeilKosugi I thought I could only have six Pokemon throughout the game?... I didn't see it but I'm under the assumption.

@Arcticblast Bring a Slugma named Lubba. It can evolve at level 38 (usual level) but only if it knows Smog. It must keep Smog throughout the game and can only get rid of it after soloing at least two Pokemon belonging to any Elite.

Neil, take a Jigglypuff and evolve it immediately using the moon stone in Mt. Moon. ASAP, it can only use moves that have a base power over 100. Name it Kamehameha

The move tutor for Mega Kick is just outside Mt. Moon, so that is very soon and should be your only attacking move for a while. Other moves include Blizzard, Solarbeam, Fire Blast, Thunder, Dream Eater, Hyper Beam, etc...

Neil, your starter is CHARMANDER. It must keep Ember throughout the game and cannot ever drink Potions or Super Potions. Hyper Potions are fine. It also cannot evolve into Charmeleon until it knows Scary Face (level 25), but you can get rid of Scary Face after evolving. To evolve into Charizard it must solo at least two of Sabrina's Pokemon.

@ArcticBlast: Catch a Torkoal and name it Pistachio. It can only learn moves of above 80 base power if it solos at least one of Wallace's Pokemon.

@NeilKosugi bring an Abra named D.LOLcat
Lolcat like to stand out from the Crowd. That being said he must be at least 6 levels higher than anyone else on your team. Lolcat like to be different too, therefore it may not ever know Confusion as a Kadabra. If you take lolcat to to the sage to unlock his(must be male btw) potential {read here teach it hidden power in front of the ultimate move woman} then it may release its ki for an transformation of epic proportions {i.e. it picks up another spoon and quits shaving}. lolcat may not know Psychic while he has two spoons because that would just be unfair to everyone else. It may never forget with its power came from and must use its hidden potential everywhere it would cause destruction (must use if SE)

@NeilKosugi bring an Abra named D.LOLcat
Lolcat like to stand out from the Crowd. That being said he must be at least 6 levels higher than anyone else on your team. Lolcat like to be different too, therefore it may not ever know Confusion as a Kadabra. If you take lolcat to to the sage to unlock his(must be male btw) potential {read here teach it hidden power in front of the ultimate move woman} then it may release its ki for an transformation of epic proportions {i.e. it picks up another spoon and quits shaving}. lolcat may not know Psychic while he has two spoons because that would just be unfair to everyone else. It may never forget with its power came from and must use its hidden potential everywhere it would cause destruction (must use if SE)
Be a little more straightforward, please. I did not understand all of that.

@NeilKosugi, take a Porygon named Ronodo. Your Porygon is glitched and is not compatible with any TMs or HMs until you make it immune to different types. For every two types it gains an immunity too, you can teach it one TM. The list of types is Normal, Electric, Ground, Fire, Water, Psychic, Fighting, and Poison. Ghost doesn't count :P

Also, you love Pokemon. You love all Pokemon. You want all Pokemon. Thus, once you have 2 badges, your Pokemon must be a lower or equal level to the amount of Pokemon you've caught. Have fun :)

@NeilKosugi
a) Highest level by 6 levels
b) male named D.LOLcat
c) may not know/use confusion (while kadabra)
d) may only evolve to Alakazam after you teach it Hidden Power in front of the woman on Island 2 (who teaches starters the ultimate moves)
e)may not know Psychic as Alakazam
f)determine Hidden Power type. If it would be a Super Effective move you have to use it. You do not have to switch into a pokemon to fulfill this but you should not switch out.

Alright, I accidentally deleted my LeafGreen scramble, and rather than try it again, I figured I'd try a Hoenn game, namely Sapphire. No trading, no hidden power. Also, I would prefer it if the challenges were not too hard, but more creative. So no M.E.P. type challenges, or impossible requirements, but something original. Complicated is good :).

@The Shiny Umbreon, you're gonna love this :) Go to random.org and search for 4 numbers 1-352. Then use Bulbapedia to get 4 attacks that go with those numbers. Finally, use Serebii to find a Pokemon (besides Smeargle or Legendaries) that can learn all 4 of those moves. Pick one Pokemon out of that list, and teach it the four moves you got. Name it Wild Thang, and it must always be holding a berry. You can start over with four new numbers if you can't get the Pokemon that knows all 4 moves, or if it doesn't get any damaging moves.

And please let us know what you get :)
I get a Ninjask with Fury Swipes, Shadow Ball, Mind Reader, and Swords Dance.
The Shiny Umbreon, you get Ralts. No evolution restrictions, nickname it Prancer. Every pair of two levels it must learn a new move, whether it's a TM move, HM move, or Level-up move. It can never learn the same move twice (meaning no continuously using the same TM on it every few levels or relearning old moves it once knew, but forgot in favor of other moves).

Meaning: It must learn a move for level 7 and 8, 9 and 10, 11 and 12, 13 and 14, and so on. However you get to pick if it learns the move on the odd level (level 7), or the even level (level 8). You can mix-match the odd and even levels (ie it can learn a move at level 5, then level 8, then level 9, level 11, level 14, etc).
Take a Seviper. The first 4 Pokemon it defeats, it must know a move corresponding to each Pokemon's main type and always have that type of move. No running from battle or switching it in to a type that you want a move from. The first 4 with Seviper at the front of the party. You can have 2+ moves of the same type. Name it Rainbow.

Note that in Sapphire, it can't learn any Bug, Dragon, Rock, Flying or Electric moves, so those types can be ignored.

Shiny Umbreon, you start with a Treecko named Geico. It may evolve into Grovyle only if it solos one of Flannery's Pokemon, and into Sceptile if it solos two of Winona's Pokemon (Pelipper included).

Shiny Umbreon, take a Staryu. Name it Red. It can evolve only if it holds a Tamato Berry and knows Cosmic Power, Surf, Thunder, and Dive.

SHINY UMBREON, you get a Slakoth. You cannot evolve it until it is 5 levels over your starter. Evolve it again at any time, but only if it knows the TM for Bulk Up.
Alright, that's all. Thanks everybody!

@The Shiny Umbreon, you're gonna love this :) Go to random.org and search for 4 numbers 1-352. Then use Bulbapedia to get 4 attacks that go with those numbers. Finally, use Serebii to find a Pokemon (besides Smeargle or Legendaries) that can learn all 4 of those moves. Pick one Pokemon out of that list, and teach it the four moves you got. Name it Wild Thang, and it must always be holding a berry. You can start over with four new numbers if you can't get the Pokemon that knows all 4 moves, or if it doesn't get any damaging moves.

And please let us know what you get :)

@auramaster you were right :D.

1. First I got block, iron defense, constrict, and magical leaf... yeah. Thankfully, only smeargle can learn that, so I went again.
2. This time, I got Dream Eater, Extremespeed, Belly Drum, and Rock Smash, which would almost make a good Linoone set in fourth gen, but can't be done this gen.
3. Agility, Bubble, Sky Attack, and Fake Tears
4. Camouflage, Sharpen, and it was already impossible.
5. Swords Dance, Constrict, Shadow Ball
6. Double Team, Mist, Surf, BATON PASS (dangit, so close)
7. PoisonPowder, Mist Ball
8. Barrier, Thrash
9. Endeavor, Hydro Pump, Selfdestruct
10. Icicle Spear, Flash
11. Baton Pass, Morning Sun, Twineedle
12. Aerial Ace, Water Sport, Wish (down to Latias and Smeargle)
13. Torment, Metal Claw, Petal Dance
14. String Shot, Mud Shot, Fake Tears
15. Snatch, Skill Swap, Roar
16. Wrap, Conversion
17. Rain Dance, Thundershock, Acid
18. Aurora Beam, Psybeam, Whirlwind
19. Double Team, Sandstorm, Double-edge, Bulk Up. Okay, this is getting old now.
20. Razor Wind, Dizzy Punch
21. Swift, Scary Face, Taunt, Psychic
22. Blizzard, Spike Cannon, Razor Wind
23. Ice Ball, Focus Energy
24. Swift, Spite, Seismic Toss, Rest. ITS POSSIBLE!!! Just... doesn't exist in Sapphire.
25. Odor Sleuth, Recover
26. Fury Swipes, Shadow Ball, Mind Reader, Swords Dance. Ninjask it is :D

So after 26 tries, I get a Ninjask with Fury Swipes, Shadow Ball, Mind Reader, and Swords Dance.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
The Shiny Umbreon, you get Ralts. No evolution restrictions, nickname it Prancer. Every pair of two levels it must learn a new move, whether it's a TM move, HM move, or Level-up move. It can never learn the same move twice (meaning no continuously using the same TM on it every few levels or relearning old moves it once knew, but forgot in favor of other moves).

Meaning: It must learn a move for level 7 and 8, 9 and 10, 11 and 12, 13 and 14, and so on. However you get to pick if it learns the move on the odd level (level 7), or the even level (level 8). You can mix-match the odd and even levels (ie it can learn a move at level 5, then level 8, then level 9, level 11, level 14, etc).

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I had three people give me extra Pokemon, which I will ignore. Stupid server crash yesterday.

1. a Plusle named Joy. It must be female, and can only know one attacking move. - auramaster
2. Take a Torchic, name it Starter. It is your starter, obviously! It must always keep Sand-attack, and evolve into Combusken on Level 21. It may not evolve into Blaziken. Just for fun (meaning you have to do it), have it solo Flannery's Torkoal. - DetroitLolcat
3. a Zangoose. Once you beat 4 Pokemon with this Zangoose, its moveset must be comprised of moves of that Pokemon's main type. No running from battle either, you must battle 4 consecutive Pokemon until Zangoose defeats four. If he faints in his first 4 battles, he cannot learn a move of that type. - Dexington
4. a Geodude named Arcticblas. Can't have STAB moves. - zdrup15
5. Zubat - Flapper - Awww...It appears that your Zubat has taken one of your Cheri Berries! You try to take it, but it refuses to let it go! So it must hold a Cheri Berry for it to fight. You can evolve Zubat whenever, but for Golbat to evolve, It must solo two of Watson's three Pokemon. - Its_A_Random
6. You get a Gyarados! It may only know Special moves. No Physical, no support. It must always be your highest leveled pokemon starting at level 30. - Texas Cloverleaf

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
NeilKogusi, you get a Jolteon. It's attack moves can only be Electric type, but it can learn any non-attack moves you want it to learn. You may teach it Hidden Power regardless of it's type.

The Shiny Umbreon, I'll give you the Sapphire exclusive of what I gave Arctic.

Take a Seviper. The first 4 Pokemon it defeats, it must know a move corresponding to each Pokemon's main type and always have that type of move. No running from battle or switching it in to a type that you want a move from. The first 4 with Seviper at the front of the party. You can have 2+ moves of the same type. Name it Rainbow.

Note that in Sapphire, it can't learn any Bug, Dragon, Rock, Flying or Electric moves, so those types can be ignored.

Shiny Umbreon, you start with a Treecko named Geico. It may evolve into Grovyle only if it solos one of Flannery's Pokemon, and into Sceptile if it solos two of Winona's Pokemon (Pelipper included).

Only one more for me.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Shiny Umbreon, take a Staryu. Name it Red. It can evolve only if it holds a Tamato Berry and knows Cosmic Power, Surf, Thunder, and Dive.

SHINY UMBREON, you get a Slakoth. You cannot evolve it until it is 5 levels over your starter. Evolve it again at any time, but only if it knows the TM for Bulk Up.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pearl Scramble Update #4

I think it's time for my 4th update.

Update #1
Update #2
Update #3

The Pokemon in the Hide Tag (Now with links!)
  • Pachirisu: Electric attacks only, Discharge by E4 (Treadshot A1)
  • Misdreavus: Can't come out in bright areas unless last one left (Ungulateman)
  • Kricketune (Faricimo): Use at least one sound move when sent out against a trainer, must be caught as one (Auramaster)
  • Drifloon: Solo a Gym depending on nature to evolve, level up, teach Frustration & use it upon entry until beating E4 (BuddyBlueBomber)
  • Burmy (Metapod): If Female, Evolve to Wormadam-S, learning Protect, Psychic*, Hidden Power & Fissure Before Palkia. If Male, Evolve into Mothim, learning Protect, U-Turn*, Hidden Power & Camoflauge before Palkia (Sprocket)
  • Piplup (Big O): Moveset is Aqua Jet/Drill Peck, Hydro Pump/Flash Cannon, Flash Cannon/Hyper Beam/Ice Beam, & Protect/Double Team. Moveset Obtained before Invasion of The Galactic Building in Veilstone. Solo 3 Gym Leader Main Pokemon as Prinplup to Evolve (Paradox808)
*: Was initially Bug Bite, but later changed after it was discovered that neither Burmy, Wormadam or Mothim learn Bug Bite in Pearl. Bug Bite was replaced with Psychic (Wormadam-S) & U-Turn (Mothim) respectively.

The adventure so far in text in the hide tag
I enter Veilstone Gym and put Big O (Prinplup) at the front of the party, so he can gain as much Exp. as possible before the battle with Maylene (Because battling a Level 30 Lucario will be tough and beating it with Big O means Big O would be one G.L.M.P. (Gym Leader Main Pokemon) Solo away from evolution (And several levels)). I beat the Four Blackbelt's with their endless supply of Machoke's, put Big O at the rear of the Party, & solve the annoying puzzle before approaching Maylene & commencing the battle.

Maylene sends out Meditite while I send out Faricimo (Kricketune). Faricimo gets the jump on Meditite and lulls it to sleep with Sing. One Fury Cutter later and Maylene switches Meditite out for Machoke. Faricimo continues to use Fury Cutter, gaining the momentum, while Machoke uses random moves like Drain Punch & Karate Chop. Maylene eventually scrambles for a Hyper Potion while Faricimo continues to build the momentum with Fury Cutter. Maylene then halted this momentum, KOing Faricimo with a Critical Hit Karate Chop.
BlueBomber (Drifloon) comes in its place & revenge Kills Machoke with Gust.
Maylene then sends in Lucario while I switch BlueBomber out for Big O and attempt to give Big O his second out of the three G.L.M.P. Solos he needs for evolution. The fight becomes a war of attrition, Lucario spamming all of his moves (Metal Claw in particular???) while Big O alternates between using Bubblebeam & me giving it Super Potions. Eventually, Maylene gets a lucky Force Palm which paralyzes Big O & put him in KO range while Lucario was in KO range too, with the fight between the two coming down to whether parahax kicks in or not. Arrgh, the suspense. Big O...Doesn't get fully paralyzed & KOes Lucario with Bubblebeam! Whew...That was a close shave for Big O, & he's now one G.L.M.P. Solo away from evolution (And now 7 levels as Big O grew to Level 29).
Maylene send the sleeping beauty back out while Big O takes a rest as BlueBomber comes back in to finish Maylene off. BlueBomber then cleans up, 2HKOing Meditie with Gust & wins the battle for me, the spoils being a Cobble Badge & the Drain Punch TM.

After leaving the Gym, Dawn comes and asks me to take her Pokedex away from the Spacemen. I was "forced" to accept and took on the spacemen after healing at the Pokemon Centre. After dispatching the spacemen (Turns out Dawn also has a Kadabra in tow as well as Clefairy...) I went inside the warehouse to take the items in there, healed again at the Pokemon Centre, and started to head south as I began my journey to Pastoria City (After finding out that Veilstone wasn't BlueBomber's home).

I head south down Route 214, beating the trainers along the way. Nothing special happened, apart from that Faricimo finally got a powerful attack to use in the form of X-Scissor. Eventually, I arrive at the Grand Lake Hotel (Or whatever its called) and got to have a rest. I then went inside the cafe & cleaned out the trainers inside, before resting again. I then traverse across Route 213, beating the local trainers, before arriving in Pastoria City. I then heal at the Pokemon Centre and head for the Gym, which I enter, dispatching the trainers, doing the water puzzle, before confronting Crsher Wake to fight for Badge #4.

I send out BlueBomber while Crasher Wake sends out Gyarados. BlueBomber performs poorly, not doing much with Gust while 2 Dragon Rages and a Critical hit Brine was all it took for Gyarados to KO BlueBomber. Treadshot (Pachirisu) comes in for BlueBomber, revenge killing Gyarados in style by showing off her latest addition: Discharge.
Crasher Wake then sends in Quagsire while I switch in Metapod (Mothim). While Metapod peppers away at Quagsire with Confusion, Quagsire wastes his time lowering Metapod's Defence with Tail Whip, get a Super Potion used on it, before ultimately missing with Rock Tomb, allowing Metapod an easy KO.
Crasher Wake then sends out his final Pokemon, his main Pokemon: Floatzel. I send in Big O in an attempt to get Big O his Third of Three G.L.M.P. Solos. The two do little damage to each other, Big O alternating between Pecking & having his health topped up with Super Potions, and Floatzel spams all of his moves (The most damaging one being Pursuit). Eventually, my tendency to use items prevailed as Big O sinks Floatzel, winning me the battle, the Fen Badge, & the TM for Brine.

After that I head towards the Pokemon Centre, & heal up. I find a man in a spacesuit & approach him. He mumbles on about packages & energy sources, before catching me listening to his talking to himself, & ran away. I find him again at the gate, & he runs away again. As I go to pursue him, Someone appears again and wants another fight!

Someone sends out Starly while I send out BlueBomber. BlueBomber survives a couple of Wing Attacks before 3HKOing with Gust.
Someone then sends out Buizel while I send Treadshot into the fray, who easily shrugs off an Aqua Jet to OHKO with Discharge.
Then Big O came in to deal with Ponyta, and gets flinch-haxed by Stomp. Luckily Ponyta switched to Ember after one Stomp, allowing Big O to OHKO with Bubblebeam.
Then Faricimo came in to deal with Grotle, who was ready for round two. Unfortunately for Grotle, the bout was short lived, being lulled to sleep before being 2HKOed by X-Scissor, winning me the battle.

After that, I healed at the Pokemon Centre, & went back to pursuing the guy in the spacesuit. I eventually caught him & he challenged me to a battle...with a pathetic Glameow. BlueBomber made easy work of the cat & he walked off like a coward. Cynthia then approached me & gave me a Super Potion. I then returned to Pastoria, equip BlueBomber a Exp. Share, heal at the Pokemon Centre, find out that Pastoria wasn't BlueBomber's home, & head out for Route 212 to train up BlueBomber ready for Fantina's Mismagius.

After clearing out that route, I arrive in Hearthome, find that the Gym is still not available, heal at the Pokemon Centre, & head for Celestic Town. After clearing the Psyduck from Route 210, I prepare for what would be, the Deep Fog wars (I didn't even have the Defog HM). The battles were long, with regular misses, but with one trainer to go, night fell. That meant Ungulate (Misdreavus) finally got to see some battle action, against a veteran, who was rather funny, because he kept on using Girafarig to Baton Pass nothing to Machoke, before switching Girafarig back in, because Machoke presumably could do nothing to Ungulate, while Ungulate pounded away with Psybeam (Which kept hitting despite the fog), defeating him. I then arrived in Celestic Town, healed at the Pokemon Centre, & got ready to do some more training ahead of Hearthome. And that is where we leave off...

And finally, the team in the hide tag (Now with comments!)

Faricimo (Female Kricketune) @ Nothing
Lv:29/Careful/Swarm
-Growl
-Sing
-X-Scissor
-Fury Cutter

Comments: X-Scissor improved her a lot, but looks like lagging of behind her teamates.

Treadshot (Female Pachirisu) @ Nothing
Lv:30/Relaxed/Run Away
-Spark
-Cut
-Quick Attack
-Discharge

Comments: Discharge gave her a lot more oomph, & with Choice Specs just around the corner, Treadshot will have even more usefulness.

Metapod (Male Mothim) @ Nothing
Lv:30/Naughty/Swarm
-Protect
-Tackle
-HP Fighting
-Confusion

Comments: Nothing much has changed since last time, still doing the same thing he's being doing: Being fairly mediocre.

Big O (Male Prinplup) @ Nothing
Lv:30/Lonely/Torrent
-Pound
-Metal Claw
-Bubblebeam
-Peck
6 Levels until Evolution

Comments: Big O's workload has reduced significantly since Treadshot learned Spark, but it is still a force in the party.Expect to see its level shoot up soon.

Ungulate (Female Misdreavus) @ Nothing
Lv:27/Mild/Levitate
-Psywave
-Psybeam
-Astonish
-Confuse Ray
1 Dusk Stone until Evolution

Comments: Since learning Psybeam, Ungulate has been a great team member. Curse the light!

BlueBomber (Female Drifloon) @ Exp. Share
Lv:25/Calm/Aftermath
-Gust
-Ominous Wind
-Payback
-Stockpile
1 Fantina's Mismagius Solo until Evolution

Comments: With Fantina's Mismagius around the corner, BlueBomber's level has shot up quite a bit. Ominous Wind finally gave her decent STAB.

That is all for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)