Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dummy007, you have seen the light, and decided that The Great Butterfree is the single greatest Pokémon ever to exist, and anyone who says otherwise is a heathen. The Great Butterfree is pleased with this, and will accompany you throughout the test chamber... Er, I mean, your journey through Kanto. With The Great Butterfree's incredible mind powers, and mighty gusts of wind, NO-ONE CAN STAND AGAINST YOU!

-Take a Butterfree, no nicknames. It must be caught as a Caterpie in Viridian Forest, and must solo Brock and one other Gym Leader of your choice. You may only use Psychic attacks, Gust, and Solarbeam for offensive moves. Its fourth move is up to you. It must always be the highest level member of your party.

So atm I've got:

Take a Charmander named "Gen5Rules!". Since it loves Gen 5 so much, it must have Sunny Day to go along with its Dream World ability, Solar Power. Get Sunny Day in Safari Zone. Can only learn Fire-type moves and Solarbeam for attacks. (chocolate-kipp) Thank goodness. This is by no means easy, but it's better than everything else so far.

Take a Pikachu. It may never evolve. It must also solo Lt. Surge. NN "Ash Sux". That is all. (Galladiator) Ugh. I might end up rejecting this, but I'll keep it for now. For added flavor, I'll nickname it "4sh 5ux."

Dummy007, you have seen the light, and decided that The Great Butterfree is the single greatest Pokémon ever to exist, and anyone who says otherwise is a heathen. The Great Butterfree is pleased with this, and will accompany you throughout the test chamber... Er, I mean, your journey through Kanto. With The Great Butterfree's incredible mind powers, and mighty gusts of wind, NO-ONE CAN STAND AGAINST YOU!

-Take a Butterfree, no nicknames. It must be caught as a Caterpie in Viridian Forest, and must solo Brock and one other Gym Leader of your choice. You may only use Psychic attacks, Gust, and Solarbeam for offensive moves. Its fourth move is up to you. It must always be the highest level member of your party. (Son of Shadoo) Interesting. Last requirement is a pain, but at least I get Sleep Powder.

3 spots left!

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ Dummy:

Take a Meowth. It must know Pay Day, Thief, Snatch and Swagger. May only evolve into Persian after having this moveset and soloing 5 trainers with it. Nicknamed Turkish. (Someone get the reference, please.)

@dummy You get a mono-psychic rhymes with lousy. Thats right you get this challenge with a couple changes since you're doing fr.
-Intstead of soloing the non-existent morty you must solo any gym leader minus there main, thats right you get an even easier challenge, infact i'll even let you evolve drowzee before you solo a gym leader.
-Since mono-psychic sucks you can use pound aswell.
Good luck and remember.
If you would balk at doing it yourself, don't even consider posting it.

@ Dummy007, Take a Psyduck it may not have 2 moves of the same type, and it also must have all attacking moves. To evolve into Golduck solo 2 gym leader's main pokemon. NN it Coverage.

This team is going to be awful. Pikachu + Fail Persian is the worst part. Charizard is looking like the MVP...

EDIT: That Golduck looks great outside of the evolution requirement. And all spots are filled.

Hey, be grateful I did this, Dummy. I was considering no STAB and soloing Misty, but I decided to be nice today.

Also, 100th post! FINALLY!

On an unrelated note, I think it's high time this thread had a group dedicated to it. I can't find one anywhere, so I'll go ahead and start one--but first, would you all be interested?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I suppose. I'm not sure that we need a group really, because this serves as all the group related stuff here.

All right, the team is decided!

THE TEAM:

Take a Charmander named "Gen5Rules!". Since it loves Gen 5 so much, it must have Sunny Day to go along with its Dream World ability, Solar Power. Get Sunny Day in Safari Zone. Can only learn Fire-type moves and Solarbeam for attacks. (chocolate-kipp) Will probably be a major part of my success. Could make MVP (but I apparently pledged my undying loyalty to Butterfree, so...)

Take a Pikachu. It may never evolve. It must also solo Lt. Surge. NN "Ash Sux". That is all. (Galladiator) Terrible. Will probably not be LVP, but might come close.

-Take a Butterfree, no nicknames. It must be caught as a Caterpie in Viridian Forest, and must solo Brock and one other Gym Leader of your choice. You may only use Psychic attacks, Gust, and Solarbeam for offensive moves. Its fourth move is up to you. It must always be the highest level member of your party. (Son of Shadoo) When I saw "Take a Butterfree" I braced myself for failure. However, given the rest of my team, Butterfree will undoubtedly play a valuable role. The only issue I have with this is that there is only one SolarBeam TM and Charizard should also learn it.

Take a Meowth. It must know Pay Day, Thief, Snatch and Swagger. May only evolve into Persian after having this moveset and soloing 5 trainers with it. Nicknamed Turkish. (Someone get the reference, please.) (BiGGiE) Just beating Pikachu in the race for LVP. Swagger will be his best move.

You get a mono-psychic rhymes with lousy. Thats right you get this challenge with a couple changes since you're doing fr.
-Intstead of soloing the non-existent morty you must solo any gym leader minus there main, thats right you get an even easier challenge, infact i'll even let you evolve drowzee before you solo a gym leader.
-Since mono-psychic sucks you can use pound aswell.
Good luck and remember. Quote:
If you would balk at doing it yourself, don't even consider posting it.

(Dark Ray) Now that I think about it, I was almost hoping someone would give me this. This will be easier than yours because you can get Calm Mind before the Elite Four. I will show you how good this guy can be.

Take a Psyduck it may not have 2 moves of the same type, and it also must have all attacking moves. To evolve into Golduck solo 2 gym leader's main pokemon. NN it Coverage. (pokemagnificent) Looks good. Surf / Ice Beam / Psychic / Brick Break will be amazing.

Predicted order of usefulness:
Butterfree (because it's my leader)
Charizard
Psyduck
Drowzee
(Honest Butterfree placement)
Persian/Pikachu
Persian/Pikachu

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Joined the group. No reason not to.

My Platinum Scramble in-waiting will commence as soon as I finish breeding a competitive Flygon.

I haven't posted any new challenges since I got back (I dunno, I guess studying for college finals drains the creativity out of me...or something... SHUT UP IT DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE SENSE), but I always check the new posts and ongoing scrambles. I hope to contribute more when I get an idea worth contributing >_>

Oh yeah fo sho I'm in on the social group.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Why is the social group called "the scramble challenge" instead of "the scramble challange'?

P.S. We need only 4 more Luvdisc to become the most Luvdisced thread on the front page!!!

Why is the social group called "the scramble challenge" instead of "the scramble challange'?
Seconding this. I can't see it as an official group because here we do a different thing. It's called challange.

And what would the group be used to? We already do the Scramble Awards and the Scramble Premier League here.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sapphire Scramble Update #7

They see me updatin', my Scramble...Yeah, I fail at comedy...Update #7 of my Sapphire Scramble...

Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6

The Pokemon...
  • Wingull (FrostGull): Must Know Mist & One other Ice-Type Move (Bynine)
  • Gyarados: Must know Fire Blast/Thunder/Blizzard & one other Special Move. Must KO 10 E4/Champion Pokemon. (Athenodoros)
  • Pikachu: Cannot Evolve (Sprocket)
  • Torchic (Khan): Solo one Pokemon of each type (except for two, decided before game start (Fire & Ice)) up to 10 levels lower, & solo 2 Fully evolved Pokemon (One from a Gym Leader & Another from the Rival) & solo one of the champion's Pokemon. Complete one half of the challenge to evolve into Combusken & clear Victory Road to evolve into Blaziken.
  • Abra (Lolcat): Must have four different typed moves ASAP & always have moves of four different types. Can never evolve into Alakazam (DetroitLolcat)
  • Absol (Hirador): Pure Special attacker (auramaster)

The adventure from Aqua Hideout to Seafloor Cavern in text...
So, I had cleared out the Aqua Hideout & I'm now in hot pursuit of the Pirates. But first, I need to know how to dive. So I swim to Mossdeep to deal with the Gym Challenge there. After blitzing the minors with Hirador the Absol, I randomly approach the Gym Leader err...Leaders Liza & Tate & challenfge the two to a battle for Gym Badge #7.

To make a long battle short, Sprocket the Pikachu died after Paralyzing Lunatone, FrostGull died after Solrock gave it hell, & Atheno the Gyarados combined with Hirador to blitzkrieg the two & win Gym Badge #7, alongside the ability to Dive & the TM for Calm Mind.

After that I went to Steven's House to get the HM for Dive & find out that Linoone can't Dive. So I pay a visit to Shoal Cave to find a Diver. I eventually find one in the form of a Spheal & catch it, naming it Rollin'. I then return to Mossdeep, take Rollin' out of the PC at the expense of Khan the Combusken & teach Rollin' Dive, Strength, & Rock Smash. I then Surf my way to Sootopolis City, then Dive my way to the Seafloor Cavern, where I find a Submarine that the Pirates took. After using Sprocket to knock my way through the Pirates, I find a room with a massive Orca-like creature sleeping in it. Then The Pirates boss, Archie comes & challenges me to a battle.

I send in Atheno while Archie sent in a Mightyena. Mightyena showed he had Swagger, but Super Potions (Why on Earth would a Crime Syndicate Leader use a Super Potion, especially at this point in the game???) weren't enough to save Mighyena from the might of Atheno's Surfs.
Crobat was next, & was cleanly 2HKOed by a combination of Thunder & Blizzard from Atheno, even after a Super Potion.
And last was Sharpedo, who was also soundly 2HKOed by Atheno, via Thunder & Surf, winning me the battle convincingly.

After that, Archie used the power of his Red Orb (Err...Wrong Orb, Archie...) to make the Orca creature wake up & run off to the Cave of Origin, drenching all of Hoenn in a constant downpour. I then fly to Sootopolis deal with this...soon enough. So, 7 badges, things going really smoothly for me, & now I have to catch an Orca. And that's where we leave off...

And the Current Team...

Khan (Male Combusken) @ Nothing
Lv:35/Quiet/Blaze
-Bulk Up
-Peck
-Double Kick
-Ember

Types (*Not Soloed, Underlines are omitted): Dark, Normal, Bug, Water, Flying, Grass, Fighting, Ground, Rock, Psychic, Poison, Ghost, Steel, Electric, Dragon*, Gym Leader, Rival, Champion*, Fire, Ice

Comments: No use at all this update, primarily due to Water-Types & Psychic-Types...Well on the slide at the moment...

Sprocket (Male Pikachu) @ Cleanse Tag
Lv:36/Careful/Static
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack
-Double Team
-Thunderbolt

Comments: Outclassed by Hirador, only useful against the Pirates. Thunderbolt far & away best attack, but Careful Nature sucks. Current LVP.

Lolcat (Male Kadabra) @ Nothing
Lv:36/Lax/Synchronise
-Shadow Ball
-Psybeam
-Shock Wave
-Thief

Comments: Not much use this update, but It will come into play again, still doing well...

FrostGull (Male Pelipper) @ Nothing
Lv:36/Lonely/Keen Eye
-Mist
-Water Gun
-Ice Beam
-Wing Attack

Comments: Not much use this update as well, needs a better Water Type attack, but still, a very good team member.

Atheno (Male Gyarados) @ Nothing
Lv:37/Modest/Intimidate
-Surf
-Thunder
-Blizzard
-Fire Blast

Comments: Atheno, like Hirador, rose to prominence this update, with great type coverage, & the solo of Archie, Also having very good luck with the Thunder/Blizzard/Fire Blast combination, yet to miss with it...Current MVP

Hirador (Female Absol) @ Nothing
Lv:38/Mild/Pressure
-Taunt
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Bite

Comments: Hirador really has proven her worth & has also risen to prominence like Atheno, I well & truly underestimated this one before getting her.

That's Update #7 of my Sapphire Scramble...Meh.

And yeah, put challange in the dictionary...

I knew that Mattman324 wanted the title changed, so I thought I was doing him a favor. But in hindsight, maybe it would have been more fitting to name the group after the actual thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)