Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pearl Warm Up Solo Run

Hey there. With my Hard Solo Run with a Turtwig, I've been thinking "Hang on Random, you're really jumping into the deep end, aren't you? You've had no experience at a solo run, shouldn't you do something easier first?" So that's why, before I do the Hard Solo run, I want to do a Warm-Up Solo run, to give me some experience at doing solo runs before doing the real thing. This will start after the conclusion of my current Pearl No-Evo Scramble. And yes, I will do it.

Some rules I expect you to follow before giving me a challenge...

• Pearl Version.
  • Can trade for evolution purposes.
  • It's a Solo Run.
  • 5 Pokemon needed, randomly reduced to 1 through RNG, done instant-runoff style.
  • I'm limiting the Pokemon you can choose from to those mentioned in the hide tag at the bottom page.
  • No reservations please. Don't make a placeholder post or say you're editing in my challenge.
  • Easy-Medium difficulty, i.e. Nothing too hard please.
  • No Signature Challenges.
  • Pokemon must be able to fully evolve.
  • No Level caps please.
  • Concerning move restrictions: At least two attacking options, & different attacking types, & none of those "No Good Moves" challenges.
  • No drudgery, please.
  • You can give me a bog-standard challenge if you want.
  • It must be possible in Pearl.
  • Make them fun.
At the beginning, I'll trade over my solo runee to Pearl as an egg & start.
  • Chimchar
  • Abra
  • Machop
  • Gastly
  • Misdreavus
  • Spiritomb
  • Gible
  • Munchlax
  • Riolu
  • Skorupi
  • Sneasel
  • And their evolutions

Yeah, fire away now, knowing you have a 20% chance of having your challenge picked.
  • Skorupi (Endless 80): Cannot evolve until after Candice, must have a moveset of Crunch, Dig, Poison Jab & either a non-attacking move or a move with a base power of 80 (Dark Ray)
  • Misdreavus (Maniac): Must always have four moves of different types. Before the E4, must have learned moves of 10 different types. Battle at least one Pokemon of different types to evolve (Fire Blast) (Winner)
  • Sneasel: Must have as many priority moves as possible & cannot learn Swords Dance (Texas Cloverleaf)
  • Machop (Kakarot): Must know & keep Hyper Beam, a special move with a BP of 60 or less, & two Fighting Type moves. Beat the Veilstone Gym to evolve into Machoke, & the Sunyshore Gym to evolve into Machamp. If it faints, give it all the Rare Candies I have or 2 Vitamins (blamon123)
  • Spiritomb (PullYou): All Special Attacking moves, must have a +Atk Nature (Vratix)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sneasel, may never evolve. Must know the maximum amount of priority moves possible at any one time and cannot learn Swords Dance.

Skorupi, solo candice to evolve (hehehe), by the E4 must have a moveset of, crunch, poison jab, dig, and either a non-damaging move or another attack with exactly 80bp. Name it "Endless 80".
Good luck.

Take Type Maniac the Misdreavus. Misdreavus must always know four moves that are all of different types. By the time you reach the E4 you must have learned moves of 10 different types. Misdreavus can evolve after battling at least one pokemon of every type.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
@Texas: I'll accept the Sneasel if you get rid of the no evolution restriction, as per rules, Pokemon must be able to fully evolve.

@Dark Ray: Accepted.

@Fire Blast: Accepted.

@Dark Ray, Vratix, Texas, & BiGGiE: You lot have three days & three hours to get your matches done for Round 2 of the SPL.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
@ Random take a castform and name it Weatherman. It must always know at least one type of weather and use it upon entering all battles.
Wrong Version, not on the list of Pokemon that I want people to choose from, rejected.

EDIT: Accepting Blamon123's challenge, & Texas' challenge with the no evolution restriction omitted as per rules. One to go.

you get kakarot/gokuthe machop. i assume you can trade to evolve it to machamp. well kakarot must know hyper beam for kamehameha wave. then another special move under 60 power, then two fighting type moves. must evolve to machoke after soloing all of maylene's gym (super saiyan against frieza) one potion allowed and then evolve after solo'ing the last gym (ssj3 against buu)none allowed. if it ever faints in battle you must give it any rare candies or 2 vitamins.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
@Carbon: His Solrock is invalid anyway because Stone Edge, Stealth Rock and Rock Polish don't exist in LeafGreen.

@Random
2 things: Bring a Girafarig named PushMe that may only know Special Attacking moves.
Also, darkray and I are scheduled to battle within the hour

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
@Random
2 things: Bring a Girafarig named PushMe that may only know Special Attacking moves.
You forgot to read this...
  • Chimchar
  • Abra
  • Machop
  • Gastly
  • Misdreavus
  • Spiritomb
  • Gible
  • Munchlax
  • Riolu
  • Skorupi
  • Sneasel
  • And their evolutions

Only accepting those mentioned in the hide tag. One more until I RNG.

You forgot to read this...
  • Chimchar
  • Abra
  • Machop
  • Gastly
  • Misdreavus
  • Spiritomb
  • Gible
  • Munchlax
  • Riolu
  • Skorupi
  • Sneasel
  • And their evolutions

Only accepting those mentioned in the hide tag. One more until I RNG.
I can't read. I didn't forget.

Change Girafarig to Spiritomb but keep the special part and make sure that Spiritomb has a +Att nature and name it PullYou.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Thank you all for challenges, going off to RNG now. The Candidates below...
  • Skorupi (Endless 80): Cannot evolve until after Candice, must have a moveset of Crunch, Dig, Poison Jab & either a non-attacking move or a move with a base power of 80 (Dark Ray)
  • Misdreavus (Maniac): Must always have four moves of different types. Before the E4, must have learned moves of 10 different types. Battle at least one Pokemon of different types to evolve (Fire Blast)
  • Sneasel: Must have as many priority moves as possible & cannot learn Swords Dance (Texas Cloverleaf)
  • Machop (Kakarot): Must know & keep Hyper Beam, a special move with a BP of 60 or less, & two Fighting Type moves. Beat the Veilstone Gym to evolve into Machoke, & the Sunyshore Gym to evolve into Machamp. If it faints, give it all the Rare Candies I have or 2 Vitamins (blamon123)
  • Spiritomb (PullYou): All Special Attacking moves, must have a +Atk Nature (Vratix)

Will edit in with results. Skorupi=1, Misdreavus=2, Sneasel=3, Machop=4, Spiritomb=5.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
RNG Results

ROUND 1
Skorupi=7
Misdreavus=15
Sneasel=9
Machop=10
Spiritomb=9

ROUND 2 (Skorupi's rolls transferred)
Misdreavus=18
Sneasel=10
Machop=12
Spiritomb=10
Sneasel won 3-2 in the tiebreaker

ROUND 3 (Spiritomb's rolls transferred)
Misdreavus=22
Sneasel=14
Machop=14
Machop won 4-1 in the tiebreaker

ROUND 4 (Sneasel's rolls transferred)
Misdreavus=28
Machop=22

So my challenge is...
Fire Blast said:
Take Type Maniac the Misdreavus. Misdreavus must always know four moves that are all of different types. By the time you reach the E4 you must have learned moves of 10 different types. Misdreavus can evolve after battling at least one pokemon of every type.
Congratulations Fire Blast.

Thank you all for giving me a challenge, sorry if yours didn't get picked, that's RNG for you. Now this is going on the queue.

I want a challenge for emerald, these are my conditions:

I can't trade.
I want at least two pokemon before the first gym.
I want to have a full team of six pokemon before the sixth gym.

That's it, I think.

Current pokemon:
take a Plusle named Electro. It can only know 1 attacking move at all times.
you get an illumise named "Bug/Elec". This illumise is sad that it's not part electric type, but that won't stop it from using electric attacks! You must teach it 1 of thunderbolt, thunder or shockwave ASAP, you must also teach it flash because flash should also be an electric type move. Solo atleast 1 of wattsons pokemon
You get a Nincada, named Ninja. He loves to dodge, so give him Sand-attack. He must use it the first turn every battle, unless it is a flying type. He must evolve into a Shedinja. Because Shedinjas are, well, Shedinjas, there are solo restrictions. However, he may must know exactly two ghost moves and one bug move. Nickname the Shedinja One-shot.
Take a female ralts(Sorry about the low chance of catching one). This ralts isn't exactly courageous, and likes to hide, so it can't know any physical move types at all (You can look it up.). Since you start with growl, and can't avoid it or double team, get rid of those moves as soon as you can. It cannot evolve into Kirlia until it has no Physical type moves, and it cannot evolve into Gardevoir until it has a non-Psychic, non-physical type move that isn't Shock Wave, Thief, or Torment. Nickname it "White Mage"
take a Torchic. This Torchic rejects that it has a mixed typing and therefore must only use moves that are Physical in Gen IV along with one support move. The list of moves it can't use is: Ember, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Hidden Power, Overheat. It must be named: Chicken.
gets a Zubat named Flapper. It must hold a Cheri Berry to fight, if it loses it mid battle, it must switch out. It can evolve into Golbat whenever, but it must solo one of Watson's Pokemon to evolve into Crobat.

@lluisisern, you get an illumise named "Bug/Elec". This illumise is sad that it's not part electric type, but that won't stop it from using electric attacks! You must teach it 1 of thunderbolt, thunder or shockwave ASAP, you must also teach it flash because flash should also be an electric type move. Solo atleast 1 of wattsons pokemon.
Good luck.

@llusisern You get a Nincada, named Ninja. He loves to dodge, so give him Sand-attack. He must use it the first turn every battle, unless it is a flying type. He must evolve into a Shedinja. Because Shedinjas are, well, Shedinjas, there are solo restrictions. However, he may must know exactly two ghost moves and one bug move. Nickname the Shedinja One-shot.

@lluisisern: Take a female ralts(Sorry about the low chance of catching one). This ralts isn't exactly courageous, and likes to hide, so it can't know any physical move types at all (You can look it up.). Since you start with growl, and can't avoid it or double team, get rid of those moves as soon as you can. It cannot evolve into Kirlia until it has no Physical type moves, and it cannot evolve into Gardevoir until it has a non-Psychic, non-physical type move that isn't Shock Wave, Thief, or Torment. Nickname it "White Mage"

lluisisern take a Torchic. This Torchic rejects that it has a mixed typing and therefore must only use moves that are Physical in Gen IV along with one support move. The list of moves it can't use is: Ember, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Hidden Power, Overheat. It must be named: Chicken.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Illusisern gets a Zubat named Flapper. It must hold a Cheri Berry to fight, if it loses it mid battle, it must switch out. It can evolve into Golbat whenever, but it must solo one of Watson's Pokemon to evolve into Crobat.

Have fun.

@illuisisern Take a poochyena.

Your poochyena is training to be a dog for the abnormality police, so whenever you fight a ghost type pokemon, you must switch in your poochyena and it must use odor sleuth to see what their intentions are. Once that battle is over, you must use your item finder to see if the ghost left anything hanging around. If the item finder isn't fully charged, run around until it is. These restrictions still appy once he/she evolves. Call your poochyena "Sleuth."

How's that for creative?

EDIT: just realized that there was already 6 pokemons taken...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)