Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Yeah that could be an idea. I've got plenty of berries as well, so I might use some of the damage-reducing ones next time I get that far, but level is definitely a factor for the moment.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Cheren GIVES you Surf on Route 6. He takes you in that lab thingy and talks to you bout the freezing temperatures and then gives you Surf. And the game doesn;t let you skip it. So, basically, you did have Surf.
If I say that I didn't have surf at the 8th gym, and you get it before that with a chance of 100%, then I obviously mean that I didn't have a pokemon that coud learn surf, and since I couldn't find the rods (I didn't want to use walthroughs on my 1st play-through, in fact, they don't even provide pokemon anywhere near the area that can learn it (I did look for the rods in various houses, going up village bridge etc.) which is annoying! Anyway, a possible way to help Jang with his scramble, well, it might help if you posted some details on how he is now, since last details you've posted he's still a bayleef with shocking moves. I hope you have some kind of move to combat Charizard, otherwise I wish you luck KOing it with magical leaf; it won't matter if you're level 100 when only attacking it with grass attacks! Every pokemon except for 1 has at least 1 SE attack on it.
Gyarados:
Ice fang
Dragonite:
The only one which doesn't, but dragon rush should be at least 2HKO, plus, it can paralyze you!
Dragonite:
Blizzard, not exactly reliable, but...
Aerodactly:
Aerial ace
Charizard:
Air slash
Fire fang
And the final dragonite has fire blast. Not good. Anyway, You could use a yache berry so that it might survive the ice fang from gyarados. Damn, x evasion doesn't exist. GF should do something about that. Anyway, if he survives the ice fang from gyarados and you use a X special on it to get up the special attack, nope that won't work. No, honestly, this is impossible.

Jangrafess' Chikorita can only learn magical leaf as a damaging move per challenge rules. He will be best off poison-stalling them to death, while boosting defences with x-items and healing along the way. I think he has no other choice, unless he is going to knock out one charizard and three dragonite's with magical leaf (4 times resist for the win!) ~ and a gyarados and an aerodactyl.

Yeah the solo is not impossible. He has to boost with the x items a lot to get that big bulk, healing with potions, and after that poison stall them to death, magical leafing whenever he sees an opportunity. I am quite sure that without at least equal level and the x-items, you are not going to pull this off.

So it has been forever since I've been on this thread. I would be interested in starting a HeartGold monotype scramble though. Simple rules:

• First response gets to choose type
  • Go easy on me. It has been awhile since I've done a scramble challenge. So easy-medium difficulty challenges.
  • I hate grinding. So no super labor intensive challenges.
  • No trading unless by challenge giver.
  • I want to have a complete team by the sixth gym

Thanks!

It's definitely not impossible. If I start the E4 again, I'll solo Bruno with Meganium, and solo Koga and Karen with Scyther, freeing me up to tackle Lance how I see fit with my entire team.

And celever, I'm not a he, I'm a she. :) Just sayin' :P

plurple, I'll give you a Corsola named Heroine. She has to be female and has to have Recover and Refresh at all times. She's the nurse of your team and will always switch in when a pokémon is on less than 10% health to allow you to use a healing item on that pokémon. If you don't have any healing items you have to switch in anyway and go back to the pokémon centre (if possible) to heal up. She also has to solo Pryce and Koga.

I'm giving you water as a type because you want easy-medium and because it'll allow you to have Surf, Waterfall and Whirlpool without having to have HM Slaves. Obviously you can still have a slave for Whirlpool if you want to!

Jangrafess and Espeon65. Since I didn't mention anything about no place holders, and to be fair, I will let you two decide who has to change.

I'm giving you water as a type because you want easy-medium and because it'll allow you to have Surf, Waterfall and Whirlpool without having to have HM Slaves. Obviously you can still have a slave for Whirlpool if you want to!
Uh, that's great and all, but i gave plurple Psychic type before this. I'll PM you and we can decide.

Obviously Corsola isn't a Psychic type... (espeon65 beat you to it, jang)

Plurple, take Slowpoke from Slowpoke Well. No restriction except must solo a gym to evolve (cannot evolve to Slowking, however) and no physical attacks other than Tackle (which must be forgotten ASAP) or Waterfall if no one else will learn it.

No one give plurple any more challenges until Jang and I get this sorted out! Pika25's is fine because it is Psychic/Water, but no one else give plurple one yet!

EDIT: To below, I will make a post on this thread, and okay, I guess I'll VM you KS (:

So it has been forever since I've been on this thread. I would be interested in starting a HeartGold monotype scramble though. Simple rules:

• First response gets to choose type
  • Go easy on me. It has been awhile since I've done a scramble challenge. So easy-medium difficulty challenges.
  • I hate grinding. So no super labor intensive challenges.
  • No trading unless by challenge giver.
  • I want to have a complete team by the sixth gym
Thanks!
No one give plurple any more challenges until Jang and I get this sorted out! Pika25's is fine because it is Psychic/Water, but no one else give plurple one yet!
Once you do, I will take spot #4. I'll just be waiting here like I good Scrambler :)

Just promise to inform me when you do, ok?

EDIT:

You will get AllKnowing the Xatu.

This being is, as his name suggests, all knowing. As such, it must have this moveset before the E4:
1). Me First (because it knows that the foe must be using a good move)
2). Future Sight (Because it should always know the future)
3). Psychic (Because anything that is seen as all knowing is obviously a psychic)
4). Ominous Wind (because the future can be very bad)

If you can get them, it must always hold the Wise Glasses. Note that Natu must have half the above moveset before evolution.

Anway, solo Will. Prove who the better Psychic is!!

I'll take number five for plurple.
My update will be up by the end of tonight, I promise. :3

Alright, Espeon, I'll trust you this time...O_o

@plurple Take Rocket the Wobbuffet. Do what you want with it, because its a Wobbuffet and that's the challenge. :) Also, it's a Wobbuffet which are adorable.

Okay, Jang hasn't been on in a while. I'm just gonna flip a coin (you'll have to trust that I'm telling the truth).

Heads!

Psychic it is! I swear that's what I got;I didn't cheat so mine would win. Everyone, give plurple some awesome Psychic-types!

I accept both blob's Wobbuffet and Pika25's Slowpoke. Waiting on the other four. I guess I'll mention that I plan on playing all the way to Red including a second go through on the E4.

I did it! I finally beat Red. It took a little while, but here: my second complete Scramble. :D

List goes from LVP to MVP.

Hurry the Furret (M)
Keen Eye
Adamant, Lv 46
~Rock Smash
~Whirlpool
~Cut
~Strength

Hooray for HM slave! Only went up one level since the Elite Four, and that was by accident. Really just used for HM'ing.

Leaf the Meganium (M)
Overgrow
Bold, Lv 85
~Magical Leaf
~Toxic
~Reflect
~Light Screen

So yeah, his movepool didn't change - it didn't need to. Still a Stall monster, but didn't really help all too much. Took down a few gyms, like Misty and Brock, but beyond that not all that helpful.

Lunar the Umbreon (F)
Synchronize
Serious, Lv 86
~Protect
~Toxic
~Payback
~Dig

The stall tactic fot a little boring, considering I had Leaf, too. But still alright, I solo'd Sabrina with her. But yeah, a little sad that I didn't get to use her as much as I wanted to.

Etch the Smeargle (F)
Technician
Hasty, Lv 86
~Spore
~Baton Pass
~Belly Drum
~ExtremeSpeed

Blue's Pidgeot was so easy. I Transformed into a weakened Rhydon (his second to last Pokémon), and then proceeded to destroy Rhydon. Afterwards, I modified her movepool until you see the final result above. The final battle she was a Baton Passer and even got a kill in, against Venusaur.

Also, I misread the challenge so I actually took on a few more gyms with Smeargle's terrible movepool than I needed to. But I got real good with her. :3

Hitmonjoke the Hitmonchan (M)
Iron Fist
Serious, Lv 88
~Helping Hand
~Ice Punch
~Fire Punch
~Sky Uppercut

YES THIS THING IS AWESOME. Never used Helping Hand. Ever. But damn, this thing just wrecked. Took down Lapras and Charizard in the battle against Red, and took down all of Blue's team besides Pidgeot.

Jacobin the Kingler (M)
Hyper Cutter
Adamant, Lv 92
~Metal Claw
~Crabhammer
~Surf
~Guillotine

:D That is all I have to say. Still wrecked the whole game. Anything (gym or Red) not mentioned above was probably solo'd by Jacobin. He was the only one I didn't really have to level grind before Red, considering he was level 80 or so.

And he only killed Smeargle thrice (one more since last time).

Looking forward to my next Scramble!

Also, I'd like another Black 2 scramble. Normal rules, I can trade, medium to hard difficulty. Try to use original Pokémon! That'd be fun. :) And I will accept a Starter.

Also, I'd like another Black 2 scramble. Normal rules, I can trade, medium to hard difficulty. Try to use original Pokémon! That'd be fun. :) And I will accept a Starter.
Take Poxic the Zubat.

This beast cares not for Steel types because of their immunity, so you must always avoid them.

Now, we get to the poison: Go MONO-POISON O_o
Note that this means only using Poison damaging moves. Use any non-damaging moves you like. Also note that any moves can be used until you aquire your first poison attack.

You must solo the gym trainers in the 3rd gym to evolve into Golbat. In order to become Crobat, you will have to solo Marlon.

Finally, show Marshal that no amount of training can stop the ever-lasting poisons......

Cross Poison
Poison Fang
Toxic
Venoshock
Sludge Bomb

Good Luck!!

AllKnowing the Xatu is accepted. And I totally approve of this intoxication Jangrafess. I'm going out for a friend's birthday shortly so I'll be there soon. =D

I'm in the UK so I'm allowed to be a few hours ahead of you, haha. I've just got in at 4am with half a bottle of rum still left. Rum is the stuff of queens.

InanimateBlob, take GameFreak the Oshawott.
Gamefreak is annoyed that it has been gifted with bad stats and must solo every mon with a hight BST than it has unless that mon is taken.
Once fully-evolved GameFreak must use only attacking moves against all pokemon at a lower level than him.
After you beat each gym leader, GameFreak thinks they don't deserve their post as GL and so must solo the next X trainers with no healing or saving after the gym until the solos are over. X is the # of badges you have after the battle. If you are KOd, restart from before the GL battle.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
plurple, take Unknown the Unown.

After having lived in the Ruins of Alph all its life, Unknown wishes to go outside and become famous.

So you have to help it do that.

Unknown must:

• Solo a Gym Leader, OR
  • Team up with 2 other Unowns and beat 3 1st place records in the Pokeathlon, AND win first place in the Bug-Catching Contest.
gl;hf!

Also reserving for inanimate blob.

inanimate blob, take Special the Flareon. This Flareon knows it has a great Attack, but it also knows it doesn't have a good physical moovepool. Therefore, it has decided to be different and use only Special and Other moves. You can catch it as an Eevee, but no using it until you have a Fire Stone (there's one in the desert resort if you use the dowsing machine) at which point is must be immediately evolved. Solo a gym leader of your choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)