Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

@Mulan

Take a super duper uber awesometastic Ducklet named Donald. Donald is angry, like, all the time, and is kinda crazy and high strung. As such, it can only use attacking moves, and freaks out whenever it gets hit by a critical hit (meaning if it gets hit by a crit, it cannot be switched out and keeps spamming the last move it used, sorta like if it used Outrage). Donald is ultimately a good guy though, and so feels obligated to take on Zinzonlin or w/e his name is at every encounter, as well as to solo at least two of Ghetsis' Pokemon. Good luck!

@Princess of Johto

Take a Geodude and name it Rockface. Rockface is the guardian of Dark Cave, or at least he was until you took him away on a greater quest. Ok, maybe not greater, but Rockface was getting pretty freakin' bored in there and wanted to shake things up. However, he cannot shake his guardian instincts. He immediately noticed the many common weaknesses your team has, and decided that he was the perfect choice to protect against many of those those. As such, whenever one of your Pokemon ends up against a Pokemon with a type they're weak against that Rockface resists or is immune to, Rockface must immediately switch in and take over for them. You can switch Rockface out, but only to a Pokemon that is NOT weak to the current opponent. Rockface looks out for his wards dutifully, even when he is not the one to be doing the battling!

Good luck and enjoy!
Thanks, I accept! I'll be busy all week but I'll be able to get started this weekend! Can't post my final team because I'm on my phone.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
VIVÈ LA CHALLANGÈ!

I am celebrating my return to this glorious thread by starting a Pokèmon Sapphire scramble.

Medium Difficulty; Can't Trade

Reserved spots for Pokèmon:
Take bangtheory the voltorb!

No, I'm not talking about the TV show, I'm talking about that thing that made you exist. A little more important in my opinion, but hey. Anyway, this voltorb is a scientist, has always wanted to be a scientist and he is the stereo-typical(ist) scientist you have ever seen. Stereo-typical scientists are always hunchback males, so this voltorb must be male. If at any time voltorb enters a battle with against or with a female pokemon, voltorb must GO BOOM AHAHA!!! because like all scientists, he gets nervous around pretty ladies. He may never engage in a battle against a female gym leader for this exact reason.
He is very interested in the science behind space and stuff like that, he believes that every black pokemon must have some connection with space, and so must solo every one unless it collides with another pokemon's solo. If you run into a black pokemon that is female, then you must switch in because he is examining it, he realizes it is female and BOOM AHAHAH!!!
He may not evolve into electrode until he completes stage 1 of his studies. That is defeating 25 trainer-owned black pokemon.
As an electrode, he finally over-comes his fear of women. This means that he can finally go in on women without blowing up. But now he is not a true scientist, so he explodes on every yellow pokemon, white, grey, electric and steel type pokemon!! Yay!! He also blows up on any male pokemon that aren't toally derpy. :]

Oh, solo wallace, bc he is a glamorous scientist and he wants to be him.

ENJOY SUCKA!!! :D:D:D
(that's what you get for shouting)

19:43 biggie so what happens if
19:43 biggie i'm in battle against a female pokemon
19:43 biggie with no more explosion PP
19:43 biggie wat do

Oh look, I forgot about that! :O
I suppose, if you have no selfdestruct PP left either, you gotta release the dude and catch another one because he got depressed. I also totally forgot to put this in, but items are unnatural except berries and revives, and he is a natural scientist, so he may only have them used on him or held.

You get a Lotad. Name it either Grass or Water. Yeah, you can probably see where this is going. Once you select your type, that is the ONLY STAB you can use on it. No moves of the same type as its other STAB can be used (so if you pick Grass, you can't use Surf or Rain Dance for example). It must solo one gym leader to evolve into Lombre, and another to evolve again into Ludicolo (have fun getting a Water Stone btw). Good luck have fun.

- OPEN
BiGGiE, you have to catch the first flying-type Pokémon you meet and call it Fly. This Pokémon has to be able to learn Fly, and as soon as it learns it, only use that move. But wait, what to do as long as it has no Fly? Do not worry, said Pokémon can only attack as if it was using Fly, you can attack one turn, but you "fly away'the next. (switch out). If said Flying type ever does not get to perform its flight (it misses, opponent dies of another cause) it will go on a rampage and will keep battling until it dies by battling every next pokémon you meet and only spam Fly. If Fly runs out of PP, it calms down, if it faints, it has calmed down (a lot). Oh, Fly has to solo one gym leader with Fly.

Take LoveMe the female Luvdisc.
This Luvdisc is a total diva and thinks that any Pokemon would do anything for her.
Everytime Luvdisc is directly damaged, do either:
1. Switch out
a. If you switch out to a female Pokemon, catch a new male Luvdisc, to be love it, this is the only Pokemon able to switch in and you must continue this rule and not do any other rule, until Luvdisc faints.
b. If you switch out to a male Pokemon, you can keep this Luvdisc, to be love it, this is the only Pokemon able to switch in and you must continue this rule and not do any other rule, until Luvdisc faints.
#These rules switch when you have a male one.
2. Stay in, but now, she thinks your teammates do not love here, so she prevents any from being used until anyone by themselves switch in after rule 1.
3. Be healed completely, but now she loves you and must always help you, by leading your team, until fainting, still the other rules still apply.

aight biggie take Sally the Numel. Sally the camel has one hump. this means that she may only use one move per battle. if she used flamethrower to take out an ice mon and the next mon is water/fire type, tough luck. also to evolve it must have no ground moves at the time of evolution

Alright, guess what everybody! I'm changing the way I'm going to do my Emerald Scramble updates again! WHAT A SHOCKER!

First off, I'm going to make a VERY breif summary of what's happened since last time I updated. No individual Pokemon summaries this time either, I want to keep this short.
Ok, so, left off at Fortree right? Well I went to Lilycove, fought my rival, then went to Mt. Pyre, then I covered a bunch of routes that I hadn't done yet but had access to, then I went to the Magma Hideout. That was easy until I got to Maxie whose Camerupt utterly wrecked half my team. Then I went down to the abandoned ship and surrounding routes so I could gain a few levels and hopefully avoid a repeat of that. And that's the update. DEAL WITH IT!

Anyway, from now on I'm going to be doing live updates! And there will be videos! Although these will be completely unedited and uploaded directly to youtube. How will I be doing this? Why, the Orange Islands G+ Community of course! It has these things called "hangouts" where I can screenshare me playing the game while using Voice chat to everyone in it, basically allowing me to play it live for everyone there! And, according to Stellar at least, it has a live recording and uploading feature so I can put it on Youtube for everyone who misses it! Assuming everything works out, I'm going to do this from now on.

OH, and I'm doing it like... now. Like, as soon as I'm done posting shit here, I'm going to start one. So get in #OrangeIslands (the IRC channel) ASAP so you can figure out how it all works and stuff!

I decided that I'd do another scramble aswell, Black. Make it a bit hardish but be original. No Darmanitan, Mienshao, Scraggy or Jellicent as I have used those.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ok; blue OP right here.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4686075&postcount=8888
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4678227&postcount=8836
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4683646&postcount=8875
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4682420&postcount=8868

Sorry present, haha, you were the last post of the page and I totally missed you! I like it, one more restriction and I would be grateful. Challenge me guys!

Anyway, biggie, upon his return, and jimera, who is kinda returning to the scramble thread after a while not posting here. They have both reserved my last two challenges a la irc.

I have decided that I wish to do a white 2 scramble.
I wish for it to be of medium difficulty.
I don't want to trade, but I do have pokemon dream radar to use.
I also want one challange to have either Joltic or Klink.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I give you Magnemite Hitmonleet

Get Military the Magnemite.

Backstory:
This Magnemite lived in a very modest community. He was really an outsider in there. Most of the Magnemite and Magneton lived in a very shy way. They did all what boss Magnezone said and as the Magnezone said that no one could be impulsive or hyper, but this Magnemite was different. He was very wild and didn’t think about what he did. But the community didn’t accept him. They just didn’t like him. He got a lot of punishment from the elders. Overall, he thought his live was very boring. Until a commander of the National Army came across. He sought to recruits all around the country and when he just lost his hope he came across this community. He didn’t think he would find anyone to recruit, as he knew Magnemite were very modest, but he just tried it. He had nothing to lose. However, he saw a lonely Magnemite playing games and running around the field. He saw that he would be a great addition to the army. He also knew steel typing would help as they make great walls. But the best thing was still needed to come. He also had the ability to attract steel types. As the commander knew steel types were great walls, he knew he had to recruit this young Magnemite. When he asked to Military to join, he didn’t have a doubt. He just wanted to escape his old boring live. This way, his story began.

Catching Rules:
1. Must have Magnet Pull
2. Must have an Adamant nature. (If you this takes to long, take at least –Sp. Attack or +Attack)
3. Must catch it with a Fighting Type

Adventure:
At the Military School he learned many things. He learned about his strong and weak points, about discipline and about things he couldn’t do. He was a very talented student and he was given the lead over recruiting new Steel-Types. He was also the only one that could do that. It was very fascinated by cannons, he loved the way they shot, the sound and the adrenaline. He wanted to be a cannon too, however, he wasn’t. That is why he decided to learn SonicBoom. He practised it till he couldn’t anymore. Then you came across that school. The general asked to you if you wanted to help the Magnemite recruiting members. You listened to the explanation about what Military needed to do. Then you took Magnemite with you, you catched many steel types together, but when you let one go, Magnemite lost his discipline and used SonicBoom uncontrollably. But on every route he was with discipline, he forced himself to train a bit stronger. As soon as you catched six steel types, Magnemite wanted to train them. He wanted to make them strong and disciplined too, however, that shouldn’t be through evolution or better moves, only by hard work and when he thought they were strong enough he gave them a final test. After the test he sent the recruits to the commander. The commander was very happy with the results. He gave Military the option to evolve. Then all began all over again and once he did this again he received another letter. There was a newly discovered evolution of him. He just needed to go to [insert cave to evolve here]. He went there and became even stronger. After he evolved you got a final letter.

Game Rules:
1. Must lead in all places where you can find Steel types.
2. You must catch all Steel-Types, if you haven’t catched it already. (Findable Pre-National Pokedex in the wild)
3. Must keep SonicBoom.
4. Can evolve to Magneton when you’ve catched six different Steel-Types and solo a gym using a team of them. (If not possible in your game, catch multiple of one, but still at least one of all.)
5. Can evolve to Magnezone when you’ve catched twelve different Steel-Types and they solo the last encounter with the evil group of your game. (If not possible in your game, catch multiple of one, but still at least one of all.) (The last six, the ones you didn’t use previous rule)
6. When failed to catch on of these Pokemon, Military will solo the next route with only SonicBoom.
7. Military can’t fight Fighting types, he respects them too much.
8. Military has to solo any Dark types, he doesn’t respect them at all.
9. Must gain one level per route you cross, even if you’ve crossed that route before.
10. He needs to solo the way from “final team” to “cave to evolve”.

Recruit Rules:
1. Must keep their original moveset.
2. Can’t Evolve.

Prologue:
The text in the letter was: “Yesterday a Heatran attacked our base. I just managed to escape, together with a few others. But on the other hand many friends died. Now we heard that the Heatran was hiding in [mountain where you can find Heatran}. We chose you to do this, as you are the expert on steel types. But you won’t get this done on your own. Find two other Magnemite that are the same as you and let them help. Together you can defeat him. You need to get them as they are one of the few steel trappers and we don’t want Heatran to flee. Good Luck and Good Bye.”
Now you and Magnemite went of to catch some other Magnemite. It wasn’t hard, as Military just went to his few old friends and asked them to join. But then the Heatran battle was up. You four found the Magma Stone and went silently and nervous to [cave where you can find Heatran]. When going deeper in the cave, it became hotter and they knew they were coming closer. When walking along the thousandth T-junction, you heard an angry Roar. You saw Heatran on the your right. In a room filled with lava. Your Magnemite and Military challenged Heatran. It was a close fight. The Magnemite fell during the fight, but we overwon eventually, however Military was sad about losing his friends. So you decided to let him go with them to the afterlife.

Ending Rules:
1. Must recruit 2 other Magnemite
2. Needs to find Heatran together and defeat him, they all need to land at least one hit. (The 2 Magnemite need to faint.
3. Release Magnemite.

BW2:
Magnemite
Excadrill
Klink
Aron
Ferroseed
Skarmory
Pawniard
Cobalion
Bronzor
Bronzong
Metang
Metagross
You need to catch all once with only Military.

Next Crystal update should be ready soon (busy weekend), but in the meantime:

I want to start a second scramble on Pokemon Yellow.

Something I'd like to call a Hybrid Scramble!

(Unstable) Hybrid pokemon have the Species, Movepool, and Evolution line of one pokemon, and the Type, Stats & Current moves of another.
Here's their Bulbapedia page, and here's a video demonstarion.

Basically, I'll be playing through Yellow with 6 of these abominations. My conditions are:
- I cannot trade
- At least 3 hybrids must be obtainable before obtaining the Thunderbadge.
- I will use a code to obtain Q, the Hybrid Creator, ASAP, but no other codes.
- For the love of God, nothing with Magikarp, Caterpie or Weedle's stats!
- Be as creative with your back stories as possible.

biggie

champ
@ celever: You get Conflict, the Chansey. Conflict is a very... conflicted Pokémon. Its dream is to be a strong battler, but as a Chansey it simply cannot bring itself to due massive damage to its opponents. Therefore, Conflict can never use an attack that would be super-effective. Being a Chansey that craves the heat of the battle, Conflict was deemed an outcast and as such cannot be healed at Pokémon centers. In order to prove itself, Conflict is determined to solo the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City, without healing. If done on the first attempt, Conflict finds the strength to overcome its doubts and can now use Super-Effective attacks. Finally, Conflict decides to give itself the ultimate test: Conflict must solo the Pokémon Champion Blue.

@BiGGiE

HAI THAR WELCOME BACK

You get a Lotad. Name it either Grass or Water. Yeah, you can probably see where this is going. Once you select your type, that is the ONLY STAB you can use on it. No moves of the same type as its other STAB can be used (so if you pick Grass, you can't use Surf or Rain Dance for example). It must solo one gym leader to evolve into Lombre, and another to evolve again into Ludicolo (have fun getting a Water Stone btw). Good luck have fun.

I purposely made this simple to help you remember the old days when Scrambles didn't always have 200 word backstories :P

@Darknesscrusher
Darmanitan, Meinshao, Scraggy or Jellicent? Why the hell would I give you something as easy as THOSE? Hell naw, you get a Patrat. It's called Lidless, and it has horrible deformity. It has no eyelids, and thereby cannot close its eyes. Obviously, you should never use it in a Sandstorm or teach it Sand-Attack, but beyond that, it also means that it has no control over its gaze. Any moves that involve Patrat looking at something must be used immediately at the start of battle, and it must always have at least one move of that sort in its moveset. To evolve it must defeat Lenora's Watchog in single combat (good luck with that) in an attempt to steal its eyelids for itself. Of course this fails (Lidless doesn't really understand how this shit works), so the restrictions persist even after this. Frustrated by its failure, it decides to take it out on N, meaning you have to solo at least one of his Pokemon with Lidless in every encounter after Lenora. Good luck!

Eye moves are:
Leer
Detect
Hypnosis
Mean look

@Hitmonleet
You get a Joltik and named it CUTIEPATOOTIE
IT IS SO ADORABLE YOU JUST LUVS IT AND WANTS TO HUGS IT AND YOU NEVER LET IT FAINT IF IT DOES YOU SHOWER IT WITH PRESENTS AND GIVE IT HUGGLES AND SAY YOUR SORRY AND-
Shit it evolved. Now it's a friggin' nasty spider EWWWWW! You don't want it anywhere near you! I mean, you'll still use it, but like HELL are you going to look at it more than you have to.
TRANSLATION:
-As a Joltik name it the cutesiest name you can think of
-If it gets into red health, you must switch it out immediately
-If it faints, you must buy it 10000$*#of badges you have worth of items (just trash them if you can't actually use them on it)
-After it evolves rename it Spider
-It must always be in the last spot of your party from then on. So to use it battle, you'll have to switch it in.

Good luck!

Editing Celeverr's challenge in a moment, gimme a sec.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
DRagonite, I will give you one will edit rules and backstory later but you get hyprid between Farfetch'd and Dragonite

This is a Dragonite locked in a Farfetch'd Body named Fusion, it has the evolutionary line of a Farfetch'd and the species and the move pool.

However, this was not always the case, previously, it was a happy pokemon, traveling around Kanto, until one night. That one night there was a thunderstorm.
While it was carefully looking to above to not go where the thunder is, it didn't look forward, because of this, it flew up against a Farfetch'd. After this, they bumped against each other and the thunder striked. They were melted together.

After this, they went back to the Farfetch'd family. This family learned it some new moves, but now it was too powerful and eventually got banned from the family.

After more traveling, this pokemon learned dealing with his moves and they find helpful move duo's, it now wants to show them off.

List of rules:
1. Get a Dragonite in a Farfetch'd body
2. Learn 2 Farfetch'd moves ASAP
3. You choose each battle a combo and keep switching with the moves.
#Peck + Agility
#Sand Attack + Dragon Rage
#Leer + Wrap
#Fury Attack + Thunder Wave
#Swords Dance + Slam
#Agility + Hyper Beam
#Slash + Leer
Of course you can know 2 combo's but you can use only one.

Biggie I reserve one

Take LoveMe the female Luvdisc.
This Luvdisc is a total diva and thinks that any Pokemon would do anything for her.
Everytime Luvdisc is directly damaged, do either:
1. Switch out
a. If you switch out to a female Pokemon, catch a new male Luvdisc, to be love it, this is the only Pokemon able to switch in and you must continue this rule and not do any other rule, until Luvdisc faints.
b. If you switch out to a male Pokemon, you can keep this Luvdisc, to be love it, this is the only Pokemon able to switch in and you must continue this rule and not do any other rule, until Luvdisc faints.
#These rules switch when you have a male one.
2. Stay in, but now, she thinks your teammates do not love here, so she prevents any from being used until anyone by themselves switch in after rule 1.
3. Be healed completely, but now she loves you and must always help you, by leading your team, until fainting, still the other rules still apply.

Darknesscrusher, I reserve
Take a Heatmor named yum-yum
Yum-Yum loves eating so it can only learn some moves, here are they
#Bug Bite
#Incinerate
#After this it needs to be fed a berry, to eat what you grilled.
#Lick
#Stockpile+Swallow
#Needs to be used after each other.
So that was easy right, I will make it harder, you won't just not use it.
#Solo every Pokemon in the Elite Four who can learn any of those attacks, it must protect its territorium.
But after each move, this Pokemon's Belly is full, so do this.
1. Use Spit Up (Also Allowed)
2. Switch Out
3. Must be fed any berry, he doesn't like. Find this out by nature in DPP and the flavours of the berries.
The only move it doesn't need to do this with is Lick, as you aren't done after one lick and Incinerate as you only incinerate it.
Good Luck and Have Fun

@Celeverr
Trade for the Jynx in Cerulean city at the earliest possibility. Name this Jynx FEMINIST because why not, I can make straw feminist stereotypes with the best of them. Being a straw feminist, it wants to prove its just as good as men by only using moves that are physical in generation IV onward. No Status moves or Special moves, all brute force, all the time. It also wants to prove it's better than those cocky men, so have it solo a male Gym leader and male Elite 4 member or champion to prove that females are the dominant gender.

Then afterwards, have it take a fire attack from something so it can burn it's bra, because might as well throw in that old myth too while I'm at it.

@Bearded Dragon
Take a hybrid between Squirtle and Charmander (you choose which is the donor and which is the recipient) and name it SURPRISEMOFO (or whatever abreviation will fit). It cannot have any attacking moves of the same type as it appears to be (IE if its sprite is Squirtle, no water moves). Have it solo a gym its sprite Pokemon would usually have a type disadvantage against to make the best use out of the surprise!

Good luck and have fun, that's a brilliant idea for a scramble if I do say so myself!

@snaquaza: accepted. However, I would like to tweak it so that metagross is ignored. I absolutely hate how rare it is to find it.
@jimera: also accepted.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
@Celeverr
Trade for the Jynx in Celadon city at the earliest possibility. Name this Jynx FEMINIST because why not, I can make straw feminist stereotypes with the best of them. Being a straw feminist, it wants to prove its just as good as men by only using moves that are physical in generation IV onward. No Status moves or Special moves, all brute force, all the time. It also wants to prove it's better than those cocky men, so have it solo a male Gym leader and male Elite 4 member or champion to prove that females are the dominant gender.

Then afterwards, have it take a fire attack from something so it can burn it's bra, because might as well throw in that old myth too while I'm at it.
Fine, I'll take it. Even though I told you it's too easy on irc you would not make me suffer, which is rare for you.

Also biggie - accepted, but you knew that already.

I have a three-day weekend this week so could have pumped out some updates, but now I think I'm gonna have to wait til saturday to update! :O

Snaquaza

KACAW
Ok, I think there aren't too much

Chandelure (Incinerate)
Krookodile (Incinerate)
Scrafty (Incinerate)
Volcarona (Bug Bite and Incinerate)

Do only Volca then

~you want another restriction, celever? well then, when butterfree realizes it cannot poison an opponent, it gets mad and uses another powder instead. It also really loves to hang out with rock types. It has to solo at least 5 trainer owned rock types, just because.

GL

BiGGie, you have to catch the first flying-type Pokémon you meet and call it Fly. This Pokémon has to be able to learn Fly, and as soon as it learns it, only use that move. But wait, what to do as long as it has no Fly? Do not worry, said Pokémon can only attack as if it was using Fly, you can attack one turn, but you "fly away'the next. (switch out). If said Flying type ever does not get to perform its flight (it misses, opponent dies of another cause) it will go on a rampage and will keep battling until it dies by battling every next pokémon you meet and only spam Fly. If Fly runs out of PP, it calms down, if it faints, it has calmed down (a lot). Oh, Fly has to solo one gym leader with Fly.

GL, ~fly high.

Hitmonleet, you get Cough the Koffing. Cough is a reaallly bad smoker and as an effect, can only use attacks that make you *cough* (poison gas, smog, smokescreen, selfdestruct, sludge, sludge bomb, explosion). Cough has the rare tendancy to think smoking is super fine and wants one gym leader to think so too, by solo'ing one gym leader with the moves poison gas, smog and smokescreen. Because it feels the gym leader might not understand yet, he wants to show how much power smoking can give you, by finishing the battle against the gym leader by KO'ing the gym leaders last pokemon with Self Destruct / Explosion.

The effects are really unsuspecteed: Cough keeps sneezing and coughing, the Explosion was too much, The pokecenter lady tells you Cough may never smoke again, so rename. Cough has to live healthy and as such can never use Poison attacks again, nor any af the previously listed moves, except for Clear Smog --> it somehow makes the air around him cleaner. Cough gets gradually better over time and to prove that, it wants to solo one Psychic Pokémon from the elite four.

GL

biggie

champ
@Snaquaza, while I don't mind a little difficulty, switching out after being hit every time is pretty redundant and ultimately boring. Any chance you could tweak your challange?

@Jimera0, Taken. Thanks. :)

@Present, yours almost is like Snaquaza but isn't as bad. I'll take it

Snaquaza

KACAW
Ok, Biggie i will tweak it, I like searching peoples edges for their Challanges as most accept a little more difficulty, Is it ok every end of the turn you are in Orange Health, otherwise, if you really don't want that, either hit SE or red health, but only if you really don't want Orange Health (You can always heal)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)