Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Hot Dog is accepted! I really like that challange, Mygavolt XD! And thanks for allowing me to get a Pansage possibly haha...and I'll reserve a mon for you, Classic MANIAC!

EDIT: Take Multi the Minccino! This is the Minccino that you find in the Hidden Grotto right by Nimbasa City, the one that Bianca shows you outside of Nimbasa City. Multi knows thinks that she has Skill Link, but she doesn't know what it means. She thinks it means that she gets extra power if she has differently-typed moves, so she must have four moves of different types ASAP. One of these must be Tail Slap, and she must use it at the beginning of every battle. Once she evolves however, she understands what Skill Link really is! So, she must use Heart Scales to relearn Bullet Seed and Rock Blast. Then, she must use any one of her three multi-hit moves at the beginning of every battle. GL;HF!

Last edited:
Take Multi the Minccino! This is the Minccino that you find in the Hidden Grotto right by Nimbasa City, the one that Bianca shows you. Multi knows that she has Skill Link, but she doesn't know what it means. She thinks it means that she gets extra power if she has differently-typed moves, so she must have four moves of different types ASAP. One of these must be Tail Slap, and she must use it at the beginning of every battle. Once she evolves however, she understands what Skill Link really is! So, she must use Heart Scales to relearn Bullet Seed and Rock Blast. Then, she must use any one of her three multi-hit moves at the beginning of every battle. GL;HF!
He said Black 1. That means there is no Hidden Grotto.
Hey you crazees I'm new to the server and need a team for scramble run for Black1! Difficulty: Show me what ya got Internet!
Okay, I'll give you your starter. Here it is: Bagu the Oshawott. This Oshawott thinks it deserves to be a Bug-type, so it cannot evolve into Dewott until it learns Fury Cutter (Level 19). At that point, it must keep a Bug-type move at all times, and use it immediately every time it is sent out. To prove its capability of being a top-class Bug-type, it must solo Burgh (Optional: you may exclude his Leavanny). As a self-proclaimed Bug-type, it is afraid that Flying-types will decimate it, so it cannot be used in Skyla's Gym. Finally, it must solo at least one Pokémon owned by Caitlin and Grimsley, whose Pokémon are not too fond of Bug-types.

tl;dr
- Bagu the Oshawott
- Must learn Fury Cutter at Level 19 before evolving into Dewott
- At that point, must keep a Bug-type move at all times, and use it immediately every time it is sent out
- Must solo Burgh (Optional: excluding his Leavanny)
- Cannot be used in Skyla's Gym
- Must solo at least one Pokémon owned by Caitlin and Grimsley

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, GL;HF

Okay, I think it is time I started another scramble. Medium difficulty on Platinum. Trading is possible, however I will not trade more than two Pokemon in. No starter, and also nothing like Bidoof or Pachirisu. Try not to give me more than two Pokemon of the same type, and go easy on the move restrictions (I don't like something that has half its good moves locked off). Also, try not to give me anything too generic. I want to have interesting challanges. Anyway, bring on the challanges!
EDIT: Also the trade-in pokemon can be traded in as eggs so I can give them whatever egg moves you like. I also want all my Pokemon to be fully evolved by the e4.

Last edited:
Since my save data got currupted, I will try at a different scramble challenge. I want it medium difficulty, pokemon White 2 Version, no trading (except to evolve pokemon). I will not use N's pokemon, rustling-grass only pokemon, or hidden grotto pokemon. I will use a starter and a Riolu, and all my pokemon must be able to evolve to a point where they have an OU (and/or Uber) tier analysis on Smogon (excluding my starter, which must be able to evolve twice). I will have at least 3 pokemon by Roxie, at least 4 pokemon by Burgh, at least 5 pokemon by Elesa, and a full team of 6 before Clay. No more than 3 steel types, and no more than 2 of any other type. I will also have at least one pokemon that can learn surf(Samurott, Azumarill, Stoutland, Vaporeon) and all my pokemon must be able to fully evolve pre-E4. Also, I do not want any tedious activity (i.e. solo X trainers or consume X of item Y, etc).

Here is the list of all of the pokemon I will accept (all evolutionary forms that fit written down, with an arrow if more than one in the same evolutionary line fitting, i.e. Riolu-->Lucario or Magneton-->Magnezone). I will be content with catching a lower evolutionary form, but, if that happens, it must be able to evolve into a species that does fit.
Before Cheren
Stoutland
Riolu-->Lucario
Azumarill(which I will only take with Huge Power)

Between Cheren and Roxie
Scolipede
Magneton-->Magnezone

Between Roxie and Burgh
Crobat
Conkeldur
Excadril
Lilligant
Whimsicott
Darmanitan
Scrafty
Sandslash
Sigilyph
Vaporeon/Espeon/Jolteon

Between Burgh and Elesa
Gothitelle
Reuniclus

Between Elesa and Clay
Amoonguss
Ferrothorn

If I do not have a full team by August 10th (midnight PDT, or GMT-7), I will allow a person to give 2 pokemon. Every second day after that, I will allow each person to give me another pokemon (3 on 8/12, 4 on 8/14, so on and so forth).

List of pokemon so far:
You get Fluffee the in-game trade Cottonee (at Route 4; trader requests a Petilil). Her restrictions will depend on the nature of the Petilil you caught (no re-catching).
This Cottonee feels like her luck is stacked against her and must rely on her Prankster ability by having 3 non-attacking moves and only 1 attacking move, and must use a non-attacking move immediately every time she is sent out. To evolve, she must induce status conditions on all of Elesa's Pokémon. At the Elite Four, she must solo one of Shauntal's Pokémon because she thinks Shauntal is the one who cursed her.

This Cottonee is convinced that she is a stalling variant and must carry a move that induces Poison and use it immediately every time she is sent out. To evolve, she must survive in the Triple Battle against Heartbreaker Charles on Route 5. At the Elite Four, she must solo Grimsley's Liepard (which he leads off with), disappointed that it doesn't have Prankster to abuse.

This Cottonee thinks she is a powerful Special attacker and must have 3 attacking moves and 1 non-attacking move, and must use an attacking move immediately every time she is sent out. To evolve, she must solo one of Clay's Pokémon. At the Elite Four, she must solo one of Marshal's Pokémon to prove that she can take on offensive threats handily.

This Cottonee is convinced that it is the ultimate special wall and could tank hits very well from the likes of Keldeo and Kyogre. Unfortunately, she feels like she lacks in the physical department and cannot evolve until she learns Charm at Level 28. She must use Charm immediately every time she is sent out. At the Elite Four, she must solo one of Caitlin's Pokémon, still convinced that she can take special hits for days.

This Cottonee thinks she is the fastest thing around (which isn't a far cry from the truth because of Prankster). To prove it, she must have one of Stun Spore or Cotton Spore and use it immediately every time she is sent out. To evolve, she must slow down every Elekid and Blitzle in the Nimbasa Gym (the first Beauty leads off with an Elekid, and the third leads off with a Blitzle—just a heads-up). At the rival encounter before the Pokémon League, she must slow everything down.

This Cottonee is generic and, as such, has no restrictions except that she must participate against Elesa and Iris.

Take Mega the Riolu. Mega is a Riolu who is from the distant land of Kalos. In order to evolve, it must solo Bugsy My Comment: I assume he means Burgh, but once it evolves, it thinks it has the ability Adaptability and as such must only use attacking moves of its own type (it can use status moves of a different type, however).

I still need a pokemon that can use surf. I also need a starter, a pokemon obtainable before Roxie, another obtainable before Burgh, and another obtainable before Clay.

Last edited:
I'll come up with some challenges later today, but for now, I'd like to ask an opinion on something.

If a Pokemon is not allowed to heal outside berries and it's own healing (And Pokemon Center of course)... would it be allowed to restore PP?

I'll come up with some challenges later today, but for now, I'd like to ask an opinion on something.

If a Pokemon is not allowed to heal outside berries and it's own healing (And Pokemon Center of course)... would it be allowed to restore PP?
Looking at the original post of your Scramble, I found that restriction and noticed something important:
it is willing to use pokecenters but only when it's pp is out or verry low (like only 3 pp left)
That should basically be your answer.

Anyway...
Since my save data got currupted, I will try at a different scramble challenge. I want it medium difficulty, pokemon White 2 Version, no trading (except to evolve pokemon). I will not use N's pokemon, rustling-grass only pokemon, or hidden grotto pokemon. I will use a starter and a Riolu, and all my pokemon must be able to evolve to a point where they have an OU (and/or Uber) tier analysis on Smogon (excluding my starter, which must be able to evolve twice). I will have at least 3 pokemon by Roxie, at least 4 pokemon by Burgh, at least 5 pokemon by Elesa, and a full team of 6 before Clay. No more than 3 steel types, and no more than 2 of any other type. I will also have at least one pokemon that can learn surf(Samurott, Azumarill, Stoutland, Vaporeon) and all my pokemon must be able to fully evolve pre-E4
(snip)
You get Fluffee the in-game trade Cottonee (at Route 4; trader requests a Petilil). Her restrictions will depend on the nature of the Petilil you caught (no re-catching).
This Cottonee feels like her luck is stacked against her and must rely on her Prankster ability by having 3 non-attacking moves and only 1 attacking move, and must use a non-attacking move immediately every time she is sent out. To evolve, she must induce status conditions on all of Elesa's Pokémon. At the Elite Four, she must solo one of Shauntal's Pokémon because she thinks Shauntal is the one who cursed her.

This Cottonee is convinced that she is a stalling variant and must carry a move that induces Poison and use it immediately every time she is sent out. To evolve, she must survive in the Triple Battle against Heartbreaker Charles on Route 5. At the Elite Four, she must solo Grimsley's Liepard (which he leads off with), disappointed that it doesn't have Prankster to abuse.

This Cottonee thinks she is a powerful Special attacker and must have 3 attacking moves and 1 non-attacking move, and must use an attacking move immediately every time she is sent out. To evolve, she must solo one of Clay's Pokémon. At the Elite Four, she must solo one of Marshal's Pokémon to prove that she can take on offensive threats handily.

This Cottonee is convinced that it is the ultimate special wall and could tank hits very well from the likes of Keldeo and Kyogre. Unfortunately, she feels like she lacks in the physical department and cannot evolve until she learns Charm at Level 28. She must use Charm immediately every time she is sent out. At the Elite Four, she must solo one of Caitlin's Pokémon, still convinced that she can take special hits for days.

This Cottonee thinks she is the fastest thing around (which isn't a far cry from the truth because of Prankster). To prove it, she must have one of Stun Spore or Cotton Spore and use it immediately every time she is sent out. To evolve, she must slow down every Elekid and Blitzle in the Nimbasa Gym (the first Beauty leads off with an Elekid, and the third leads off with a Blitzle—just a heads-up). At the rival encounter before the Pokémon League, she must slow everything down.

This Cottonee is generic and, as such, has no restrictions except that she must participate against Elesa and Iris.

And...
Okay, I think it is time I started another scramble. Medium difficulty on Platinum. Trading is possible, however I will not trade more than two Pokemon in. No starter, and also nothing like Bidoof or Pachirisu. Try not to give me more than two Pokemon of the same type, and go easy on the move restrictions (I don't like something that has half its good moves locked off). Also, try not to give me anything too generic. I want to have interesting challanges. Anyway, bring on the challanges!
EDIT: Also the trade-in pokemon can be traded in as eggs so I can give them whatever egg moves you like.
...for this, you get Top Speed the Chinchou. Breed Agility on it, and it must use that move immediately every time it is sent out. It cannot use Thunder Wave because that move is completely redundant with Agility. It must solo Cyrus at every encounter because he tends to carry fast stuff (read: Crobat, Weavile). It must also solo Lucian because Psychic-types are usually known to be fast sweepers, and it wants to prove to be superior to all of them.
Optional: Give it a +speed nature.

I really hope that doesn't fit under the "too generic" category. If it does, let me know; I might add something else to it.

Last edited:
@Shiny Dratini -- Wow, I'm really sorry, that was bad of me! Change of plans...

Take Sandy/Dusty (female/male) the Sandshrew! He is consistently considered an underdog, and wants to disprove this reputation. Thus, anytime you battle a flying type pokemon, he must make the kill (i.e. doesn't necessarily have to solo, but he needs to make the kill). Additionally, he must learn Aerial Ace ASAP and never forget it. It must solo Clay's Sandslash and Excadrill, and all of Skyla. Once it learns Dig, it can never forget it, seeing as how that is its specialty (Pokemon Stadium 1 mini game flash back).

I hope this isn't too hard!

Looking at the original post of your Scramble, I found that restriction and noticed something important:

That should basically be your answer.
It doesn't relate the PP to being a part of healing though.
Well, that means there's gonna be need for more PP Ups. It'll be interesting to see if it'll be enough.

@amnz -- take Trapper the Trapinch! He is frustrated with having to wait to become a dragon and be able to soar into the skies. Thus, once he knows bite, he bites EVERYTHING; any battle he enters, he must use bite at least once. Once he evolves into Vibrava, he must learn Fly, and will NEVER forget it. Additionally, he must always know at least 1 ground-type move and 1 dragon-type move. When he evolves into Flygon, he must learn at least 1 special move because he recognizes the importance of being able to hit opponents from afar. Note: his dragon or ground type move could be his special move so that you can teach him a different type physical attack!
He must also solo Opelucid City Gym (all of it, including the gym trainers).
I hope this isn't too hard! Have fun!

@Tyranitarphantom -- Take The Wrath the poliwrath (well, he'll become that eventually). The Wrath is well... angry a lot. Thus he enjoys fighting and putting his opponents into submission! To evolve he must solo and KO 30 opponents AND learn Hydro Pump! Additionally, he is not afraid of types he is week against and must defeat any pokemon the champion has that has a type advantage over him.

I hope this is good. GL and HF

Ok, I had some free time so I thought of three 'mons for Tyranitarphantom, Magical Magmortar, and topher4167.

Take Hustle the Mankey. This Mankey was raised by a couple of Darumaka in the Unova region, but then was mystically traded back to Kanto and released into the wild. This Mankey has the ability Hustle since it was raised by Darumaka, but since abilities don't exist in Yellow, it doesn't gain the attack boost. It must only be taught moves that have less than 100% accuracy, including status moves and when it evolves, it must have no status moves at all, although it gains the ability to use special based moves with 100% accuracy.

Take Rainbow the Skarmory. Rainbow wants to be like it's idol Ho-oh and is quite envious of the fact that it is just a plain old grey colour. To make up for that fact, it wants to learn four moves of different types as soon as possible (up to you if you want to breed if for those moves or not, and if not, then by level up). In addition, it loves the shards you find throughout the region and wants to learn 2 moves through the shards (i.e. movetutor) before facing Candice in Snowpoint City.

Take Thirsty the Maractus. This Maractus is always thirsty, so it must have the ability Water Absorb. In order to catch it, you must hit it and restore some of its HP with a water type move (this will also make sure it has Water Absorb). Thirsty wants to drink as much water as possible so it has to be switched in to any water type you face. To remove this restriction, Thirsty must solo 20 trainer-owned water types using only HP restoring moves (Absorb, Mega Drain, and Giga Drain). After this, it goes all out offensive and doesn't like to restore its HP any more. It must from then on only use moves that do not restore HP, and must have 3 attacking moves at all times. Finally, it must solo Brycen (since there's no Water gym in White).

Let me know if there is anything you want different!

EDIT: @Sailor_Tom I accept your Sandshrew, only one spot remaining! Also, I would like to request it be available before the second gym since I only have Colourful for the first 2 at the moment.

Thirsty is not accepted. Due to a combination of it seeming both tedious (every Water-type?) and very hard. Brycen solo?! His pokemon could probably kill Thirsty in one hit, and if not, then two and if I can't use Giga Drain or something then I'm forced to heal every single turn until I eventually run out of potions. So Thirsty isn't accepted.

EDIT: Also, Brycen solo is taken by Hot Dog.

Last edited:

Some of the requirements mention that it has a certain ability. If I get it with one of those natures(+Atk, +Def, and +Spd) and the other ability (Infiltrator, Prankster, or Infiltrator, respectively), what should I do? I would also be unable to reset to get a nature I want, correct?

@Mulan15262 — The Cottonee obtained via trade always has Prankster, hence why I didn't actually mention Infiltrator at all. Maybe you were thinking of the line "it doesn't have Prankster to abuse," in which case I was referring to the Liepard. And, you are right in that resetting for natures is not allowed.

extra, take Rat the Patrat. It wants to be the best rat that ever was. As such, it must solo every trainer-owned rat(or mouse)-like pokemon (rattata/raticate/pichu/pickachu/raichu/nidoran/nidorina/nidorino/sentret/furret/aron/plusle/minun/pachurisu/patrat/watchog). Its moveset must be Bite/Crunch/Super Fang/Hyper Fang. As a Patrat, it must only know those 4 moves. It may not use another move (it may use tackle until it learns Bite, though). After it learns Hyper Fang (level 28), it may evolve. You must then teach it Covet (tutor for 2 red shards) and confuse ray (remembered via Heart Scale) and its moveset will be Covet/Confuse Ray/Crunch/Hyper Fang. It must use Covet to steal an item from every Gym Leader. As soon as you get Surf, you must head back to Route 6 and get TM56 Fling. Replace Confuse Ray with Fling. You must then steal an item from each gym leader and E4 member (if their pokemon have one), and then fling it back.

And...

...for this, you get Top Speed the Chinchou. Breed Agility on it, and it must use that move immediately every time it is sent out. It cannot use Thunder Wave because that move is completely redundant with Agility. It must solo Cyrus at every encounter because he tends to carry fast stuff (read: Crobat, Weavile). It must also solo Lucian because Psychic-types are usually known to be fast sweepers, and it wants to prove to be superior to all of them.
Optional: Give it a +speed nature.

I really hope that doesn't fit under the "too generic" category. If it does, let me know; I might add something else to it.
OK I accept

Oh, yeah, I totally forgot about extra. Heheh. His challenge has been added to the list.

Also, @Tyranitarphantom — I don't know much about Pokémon Yellow, but I'll try to give you something. I present to you Enslaved the Paras. This Paras knows the Pokédex well enough to know that that its evolved form, Parasect, is actually enslaved by its mushroom. Knowing this, it wants to train its willpower so that it will not be enslaved as such when it evolves. The first step is to overcome its fear of trainers, so it must lead every encounter in Mt. Moon after being caught. The second step is to prevent it from falling under the influence of a certain one of its Grass-type comrades (Tangela), so it must solo Erika's Tangela (Optional: to evolve). The third and final step is to prevent itself from using anything that could put its mushroom in a dominant position (this only applies after Erika). Spore is one of these moves, but it can be used when Enslaved starts the turn with full health. The other moves, which can never be used, are Body Slam, Take Down, Double-edge, Bide, Skull Bash, and Rest.

tl;dr
- Enslaved the Paras
- Must lead every encounter in Mt. Moon after it is caught
- Must solo Erika's Tangela (you may or may not make this its evolution restriction)
- Can only use Spore if it starts the turn at full HP
- Cannot use Body Slam, Take Down, Double-edge, Bide, Skull Bash, or Rest

Oh, and about my own scramble...I'll try to have Chapter 6 up at around 2 AM EDT if I can.

Last edited:
Okay, well, I have been lurking on this forum for a while, since before it got hacked, actually, and now I finally signed up for an account! I really want to try a scramble of my own! So I guess I'll play on my favorite game, Pokemon Pearl! Here are the rules:

• Pokemon Pearl
  • Easy-Medium difficulty
  • I would like a starter
  • I would like to have all HMs without any slaves
  • Get to it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, topher4167, yours will be my first challenge given! And since you want a Pansage so bad, I'll reserve one for you!

EDIT: Take Natural the Pansage! Natural really loves nature, so he must learn two Grass type moves ASAP and keep two for the whole game. Natural also wants to show everyone how good nature is, so he must battle 10 different trainer classes (counting all gym leaders as one trainer class). Then, Natural wants to evolve naturally, so he must not evolve until you find a Leaf Stone on the ground (so no man in Castelia for you!). Good luck; have fun! I hope this is good for you!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)