Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

In my platinum challange i can't do Shotgun's one.
I hope someone has a solution soon cause i am at maylene already, i caught it but it still interfeares with the challange of Dulcan and Lovey/Hatr), and it interfeares with 3 other challanges.

Last edited:
Posting this again because I don't have a reply from Arcticblast yet, and I can't just assume that he accepted it. EDIT: Arcticblast, if you are reading this and you were busy, sorry for being rude.
Requesting a Black scramble challange, hard but not ridiculous, and I can trade (but please try to avoid challenges that require it - I might trade to get a tutor move on occasion). No restrictions on Unova Pokemon, and if you want to give me an egg 'mon it can be anything within reason (eg nothing awful and nothing that takes forever to evolve). I must have one starter and one user of Fly. I reserve the right to reject your challenge.

If you do not quote my post, your challenge will not be considered. I will oh read your post if you quote me, as that sends me an alert.
You get DesertLife the Scraggy. This Scraggy's natural habitat is the desert area of Unova, so it thinks it is part Rock, Ground, or Steel (because how else would that make sense?). As such, it must learn at least 2 of those types of moves ASAP (or all 3 types if you can teach it Iron Head/Tail via tutor) and use one of them immediately every time it is sent out. In its current state, it cannot use STAB because it is too "covered in sand" to fight well. However, after Burgh, it has the choice to solo Bianca or Cheren to be able to use one of its STABs.
  • If it solos Bianca in the gate before Route 4, it can use Dark STAB, imbued with the dark thought of having beaten an innocent girl.
  • If it solos Cheren at Route 4, it can use Fighting STAB, feeling pumped because it found a worthy rival.
At any rate, this Scraggy knows that the only one who can cure its sand problem is the one most familiar with sand: Clay. It must solo Clay to evolve. At that moment, the restriction of using a "sand" move immediately every time it is sent out is void. Its other restrictions depend on which rival you soloed.
Rename it Thug Life. This Scrafty is as dark as dark can be. Instead of starting with one of its "sand" moves, it must start with its Dark-type STAB and must always hold the BlackGlasses (in Desert Resort). It must solo Grimsley to essentially "out-Dark" him.
Rename it Rival Life. It must learn a move that is super-effective against Cheren's starter (i.e. Serperior; a TM of Poison Jab is on Route 6; if you have 3 "sand" moves, you can replace one) and use it immediately every time it is sent out. It must solo Cheren at every encounter after Route 4, and it must solo N's Zekrom to prove that it and it alone is capable of rivaling, not some overpowered Reshiram.
Really? No STAB? Rename it NoSTABlife. It can never be the lowest-leveled member of your team (not even tied for lowest level), and it must solo one of Ghetsis' Pokémon.

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, GL;HF.

Last edited:
all right scramble thread, let's do this.

requesting a scramble "challange" for white 2.

difficulty: hard

rules:

-go nuts with flavor. i would like all of my mons to have personalities and backstories that justify all of their gameplay restrictions. get creative. the more interesting my pokemon and their restrictions are from a flavor/story perspective, the better.
-no trades, but i am willing to use trade-evolution mons without evolving them.
-with the exception of trade evolutions, everything must be able to fully evolve at some point before the elite 4.
-everything must have at least one attacking move.
-i refuse to use male combee.

otherwise, i'm pretty open to anything creative.

if you give me a pokemon, please either quote this post or tag me so i get an alert. thanks in advance guys.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Stalfos

You get Quest the Zubat

Backstory:
Once upon a time, there was a small little Zubat, this Zubat lived in a big community of Zubat, Golbat and Crobat. He was very happy. Although often enough a trainer came across. They never managed to catch somebody. This was because every bat in the community was skilled in confusing the opponent. Some of the Crobat were even able to make haze and make the trainer unable to see. All of the time somebody was taking guard. The only thing they have to do is preventing trainers of coming near the group. But one day, this little Zubat had to take guard, however, he wasn’t skilled at confusing the opponent yet. He only knew the inaccurate Supersonic. Then a trainer walked into the cave. The name of the trainer was [insert name of champion here]. The little Zubat tried his best to confuse the trainer, but the Supersonic just kept missing. After having done multiple tries to confuse the opponent, [insert name most powerful attacker of said trainer here] was called out of his Pokeball and it knocked the Zubat out. For an hour or two the Zubat lay unconscious on the ground. When it woke up the little Zubat cried until he fell asleep, knowing what he had done to the community. Next morning he found out that his parents were caught by [insert name of champion here]. Then he swore to find his parents back. He flew out of the cave, but bumped up another trainer. That was you. You saw the sad face of this Zubat and you decided to help him. Now this Zubat will search along the hole [insert name region here].

Catching rules:
1. Has to be catched with Supersonic in its movepool, but not Confuse Ray. (Obvious)
2. Need to be in red health. (As it was just knocked out, and bumped against you)
3. You can’t have been confused during the battle. (It is really inaccurate)
4. Has to be caught outside (Except RSS, FrLg and BW2, it is not available outside there

Adventure:
Once you go on adventure with this little Pokemon, you encounter that it has a very strong will. It fights against anyone who he needs to fight against and he respects you very much, because you help him finding back his parents. However, he is still very emotional and sometimes you here it crying at night. Mostly because a swarm of Zubat/Golbat/Crobat flies over and in caves you see it looks very sad, as it sees lots of Zubat/Golbat/Crobat hanging on the roof. Once that happens you realize that he has homesickness. Then you take it back to its old home, to see his old friends and greet his family, however, he feels that there is a bad atmosphere; it is too silent there. He knows they are holding a grudge against him. While he doesn’t like it, it also encourages him to go on with the Quest. He just wants to make it OK with his family and he wants to see his dear parents again, hoping they can forgive him. This Zubat has eyes only used to caves. It can’t see really well in sunlight. This is because it adapted to living in a cave, due the many hazes in the caves in can see in there too. So sometimes when it wants to battle for you outside it can’t see well and it will miss its attacks. It feels really bad than, as it looks like the accident that happened in his community. Every time you beat a gym leader, he is so excited, as every one can give some information and an extra pass to challenge the Pokemon League. He is still used to his old community techniques. Haze and Confuse Ray and he still knows that his community uses them always against trainers, so he does that too. At the start of the journey he had difficulty making friends with his fellow Pokemon, but as soon as he realised that they didn’t know anything he did and wanted to make friends. He proved to be a great friend and he loved playing with all your other Pokemon. After you defeated all gyms and go through Victory Road, he becomes very excited about the battle with the champion, but he realises that he isn’t strong enough and he lets you grind it to higher levels. Once he feels he is strong enough to face the champion you go to the Pokemon League. At the Pokemon League he feels that he wants to defeat the champion in honour of his parents. So he uses their strategy to confuse the opponent. As he needs to save his energy, he refuses to fight the Elite Four. Before the battle of the champion, he feels suddenly insecure. However, you help him overcome his fears and he challenges the Champion. Then after one last strike, he beats the champion and you and your team are recorded in the Hall of Fame. It was a great moment, but the best came after that. You go in a separate room with the champion and he/she gives Quest all the information he needs.

Game rules:
1. Can only use Supersonic to practise it, until it learns Confuse Ray, which doesn’t need practise. (Tradition, better protection)
2. Every Zubat/Golbat/Crobat you encounter reminds him of his family and you need to solo your way back to the place you catched it and find at least one Zubat there. (Drop all your Pokemon at the nearest Pokemon Centre) (Homesickness)
3. Can only use 100% accuracy moves (besides Confuse Ray and Haze) in caves, during the night and during Haze. (Its sight is only good in the dark)
4. Must have Supersonic/Confuse Ray and Haze as soon as possible and use it at the start of all Trainer Battles. (Tradition)
5. Must gain at least 5 levels in Victory Road. (Training for the champion.)
6. Must Solo [insert name of champion here] and can only attack his/her Pokemon when they are confused and he can’t fight the E4. (As he/her catched you parents)(As he needs to save energy.) (If he doesn’t solo it and you beat the champion still, you challenge the Pokemon League again, under the same rules. You can’t save before the champion, because otherwise the champion doesn’t give information.)

Epilogue:
The Champion says: “I still know that I caught two Crobat. They were fierce fighters and proved their worth in all battles, but in a battle against a Magnezone they were hurt greatly, a Zap Cannon followed by a critical Thunderbolt hit them. I saw them suffering, I wished I could do anything, but I couldn’t. I brought them to nurse Joy as soon as I could, but she couldn’t do anything. She said them that it was already too late. The trainer who did it came alongside me to the graveyard and he excused for doing it, but I knew he couldn’t do anything against it. We silently buried them. We did a short prayer to them. Then I silently cried. They didn’t deserve to die, I said”. After this story Quest hurried with you to the graveyard. Quest knew his parents were still haunting in this graveyard, so he wanted to solo the graveyard with only Supersonic as that was the only attack his parents knew from him. So his parents could recognise him. On the uppermost floor you found the grave of the parents of Quest. Near the grave there were two ghost-type pokemon. They were going to Quest. Then he recognised them, they were his parents! He was incredibly happy! You decided to catch them for to reunite them. You did this without harming them (not even statusing). Although the family was happy to be reunited, they weren’t happy in this life, they needed to go back to the afterlife. So Quest decided to faint and die. Then you released all three of them, to make them happy together in afterlife.

Ending rules:
1. Must Solo the way from Home to the Pokemon Graveyard. (Leave your Pokemon at the closest Pokemon Centre)
2. Must Solo the Graveyard by only using Supersonic, in honour to his parents. (Till the end of the graveyard)(Recognition)
3. Find two Ghost types in the tower and catch them (with normal Pokeballs) without damaging them. (His parents)(Reuniting Them)
4. Let Zubat faint and release them all. (Bringing them together again, happily in the afterlife)
(Do it in that order)(Can’t use Repels in the Soloes)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I'm raring to get this started so people who have already given me a challenge may give me two -- still the same list though.

Ok i've made an solution of my own,
I let the pokemon who have to solo a e4/gymleader solo all the mons 'cept the one Shotgun has to, #Celever if you're not ok with that please say it.

@Stalfos Take Superspeed the Snivy. Superspeed used to be the main pokemon of a motorcyclist. However, upon seeing Superspeed's lack of strength, the motorcyclist abandoned it. Superspeed then started his quest to take revenge on him. However, he was caught in a thunderstorm kicked up by Thundurus and blown away. Superspeed tried to get back to Route 9 and take revenge, but he couldn't quite get there. Bianca had found it during her journey, nursed it back to health, and gave it to you as your starter.

Superspeed loves to outspeed its opponents. As such, it may not attack if the opponent is faster(although you may switch it out, use a status move that increases your speed or lowers your foe's speed, use Snatch, or you may use an X-Speed on it). Furthermore, it may not use any binding moves or coil as it can't move quickly while wrapped around anything. Also, it must be switched out immediately if its speed is lowered by a foe or ally's attack.

It also loves to restore its own HP. As such, it must always know at least one of Leech Seed, Synthesis, and Giga Drain. It also loves to move so quickly its opponents can't aim their attacks. As such, you must teach it Double Team (TM obtained for a mere 6 BP in the Battle Subway) before you battle against Elesa.

Lastly, it remembered that Jim, Cas, Zeke, and Philip were all friends of its original trainer, Stanley (who doesn't appear in W2). Given as Stanley can't be found, it decides to solo all of the Bikers/Hooligans on Route 9 (you may have a second pokemon help out against Hooligans Jim and Cas), but Superspeed must solo them.

Given as some major opponents have pokemon that are known for their high speed, Superspeed must solo one of the following each time it wants to evolve (Cheren's Lillipup, Roxie's Whirlipede, Burgh's Leavanny, Elesa's Emolga, Clay's Excadrill, Skyla's Swoobat, Drayden's Flygon, Marlon's Jellicent, Marshal's Mienshao, Caitlin's Sigilyph, Grimsley's Liepard, Shauntal's Drifblim, Alder's Accelgor, Iris's Archeops, Cynthia's Garchomp). Note that the next requirement may (or may not depending upon the Snivy) require soloing one of those before level 100 to complete the challenge.

Upon reaching 210 speed (note that if you have 0 EVs, 0 IVs, and a hindering nature, you will have exactly 207 speed at level 100 with 12 EVs, but you can reach it at a mere level 58 if you have 31 IVs, 252 EVs, and a beneficial nature, but you can hit it by level 79 regardless what the IVs and nature is with evolving it twice, with 31 IVs, a beneficial naature, and 252 EVs, Servine can hit it by level 72, reaching 210 speed at level 100 with 252 EVs, 0 IVs, and a hindering nature; Sinvy need 16 IVs in speed and/or a plus speed nature to hit it by level 100, and it can't reach 210 speed with a hindering nature), soloing all Bikers and Hooligans on Route 9, entering the Hall of Fame, and fully evolving, there is one last thing it needs to do. It needs to solo the greatest and the strongest in the entire Unova region, Morimoto (note that his Zebstrika is immune to Thunder Wave and has 3 higher base speed than you, so watch out).

Moveset:
Leech Seed(Level up)/Giga Drain(Level up/Tutor)/Synthesis(Tutor Move)
Double Team (TM Move)
Whatever you want
Whatever you want

Last edited:
all right scramble thread, let's do this.

requesting a scramble "challange" for white 2.

difficulty: hard

rules:

-go nuts with flavor. i would like all of my mons to have personalities and backstories that justify all of their gameplay restrictions. get creative. the more interesting my pokemon and their restrictions are from a flavor/story perspective, the better.
-no trades, but i am willing to use trade-evolution mons without evolving them.
-with the exception of trade evolutions, everything must be able to fully evolve at some point before the elite 4.
-everything must have at least one attacking move.
-i refuse to use male combee.

otherwise, i'm pretty open to anything creative.

if you give me a pokemon, please either quote this post or tag me so i get an alert. thanks in advance guys.
You get Uncertain the Patrat. This Patrat is uncertain of what it is or what its purpose is in life, so it is up to you to decide what path it should follow. Below, I shall provide events for Patrat to face and how they manipulate its path. There are four ends that its path could lead to—Hero, Villain, Guardian, or Saboteur.

To gain Hero points (or lose Villain points)
  • Succeed in using a Fighting-type move: +1 Hero point
  • Finish a battle without fainting: +2 Hero points
  • Solo a Trainer-owned Dark- or Ghost-type: +3 Hero points, -1 Villain point
  • Act in a movie for Pokéstar Studios (no repeats): +4 Hero points, -2 Villain points
  • Solo a Team Plasma member: +5 Hero points, -3 Villain points
To gain Villain points (or lose Hero points)
  • Succeed in using a Dark- or Ghost-type move: +1 Villain point
  • Switch out during the "Trainer X is about to send out Y" message: +2 Villain points
  • Solo a Trainer-owned Fighting-type: +3 Villain points, -1 Hero point
  • Solo a Pokémon owned by a Gym Leader or your rival: +4 Villain points, -2 Hero points
  • Faint trying to KO a Team Plasma-owned Pokémon: +5 Villain points, -3 Hero points

To gain Guardian points (or lose Saboteur points)
  • Succeed in using Detect or Protect: +1 Guardian point
  • Switch in to take a would-be super-effective hit for another team member: +3 Guardian points, -1 Saboteur point
  • Succeed in using Bide to KO an opposing Pokémon: +5 Guardian points, -3 Saboteur points

To gain Saboteur points (or lose Guardian points)
  • Use an item: +1 Saboteur point
  • Induce status on an opponent: +3 Saboteur points, -1 Guardian point
  • Cause an opponent to faint from status (Poison, Confusion, or Burn): +5 Saboteur points, -3 Guardian points

To evolve: Get 10 points in any category. This is a sign that it's well on its way to becoming something other than some uncertain rat.

Once you defeat Drayden, you shall stop counting points. Compare your Hero points to your Villain points and your Guardian points to your Saboteur points. There are four possible outcomes based on which categories have the most points in them.
Rename your Watchog Paladin. It cannot use any Dark- or Ghost-type moves, and it must learn Thunder ASAP. It must use Thunder first turn on any Dark- or Ghost-types as if to exorcise them (the Golurk and Krookodile families are exempt from this restriction). It must solo Grimsley and Shauntal, the schemers of the Elite Four.
Rename your Watchog Antihero. It must have the Thunder which exorcises the dark and the ethereal (see Hero+Guardian). If you use one item on it, you must throw out another one of that same item (hold items may or may not apply), because wasting items is part of the way it sabotages you as a Trainer. It must also have Thief.
Rename your Watchog Rival. It must solo the rival encounter in Victory Road, the post-E4 encounter in Undella Town, and every battle thereafter in Driftveil City (solo him at least once in Driftveil). It must learn Flamethrower ASAP (found on Route 23) in an attempt to show your rival's Emboar that it too can burn things. However, like most rivals in the Pokémon universe, this Watchog has a soft spot for its rival (i.e. your rival). Thus, it must tag along with him in the Giant Chasm and solo all of the Shadow Triad in his honor.
Rename your Watchog Nemesis. This Watchog has pursued the path of all things bad. If you use one item on it, you must throw out another one of that same item (hold items may or may not apply), because wasting items shows that it despises you as a Trainer. It can only be healed by bitter items (which can be bought at Driftveil) and must have Frustration as its only STAB. It must have a Dark- or Ghost-type move at all times, and use it first every time it is sent out. It must solo Caitlin and Marshal (or make Marshal optional if that's too hard), the semi-heroic guys of the Elite Four.

Questions/concerns? (Admittedly, there's a lot to keep track of.) Otherwise, GL;HF.

Oh, and a little update: Chapter 8 is going to take longer than I thought because I'll have to do some more grinding. I don't know when exactly it'll be done, but I can say for sure that it will be done by the end of the week.

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
okay, reserving a second Tropius for Celever (he agreed with it :D)

Name this Tropius, Solar Body

Solar Body wants to prove that Rain is horrible, for this he needs to:
- Have Rain Dance in its movepool at all times
- Use Rain Dance every time it is sent in
- Have both Solarbeam and Synthesis in its movepool at all times to prove that they are always great
- Have Sunny Day in its movepool at all times
- Can't use Sunny Day during Rain
- Must use Sunny Day every time Rain Dance or Sunny Day wears off
- Must switch in on all Water Types
- Can't switch during Sun
- If KO'd during Sun, it can NEVER use Sunny Day again
- Can't switch out against Water Types
- If Rain Dance wears off against a Water Type, it must use Rain Dance again instead of Sunny Day

GL HF, You'll need it

Last edited:
@Mygavolt For Stalfos's scramble, Superspeed could also do the fastest pokemon belonging to an E4 member, Alder, Iris, or Cynthia (doesn't break the requirement as it can fully evolve pre-E4, but it also can evolve during or after E4), and only requires one to complete the challenge as a level 100 Servine exceeds the minimum speed for battling Morimoto.

Also, some Gym Leaders have pokemon that speed tie, so I chose one of the two pokemon in each scenario.

@Mulan15262 Eh, I don't feel like writing all that (I did note Alder and Cynthia, though). By the way, please PM me with future modification requests. Also, Serperior cannot learn Thunder Wave.

On another note, I guess I'll take Celever's last slot. I don't know much about Pokémon Colosseum, but I'll try.

@Celever — I present to you Eliug the Yanma. It wants to be just like Guile, its distant relative, so it must keep Sonicboom at all times and use it first thing every time it is sent out (when it's purified). Since Guile is a Street Fighter, Eluig wants to be one as well, so it cannot have items used on it (because Street Fighter doesn't have any items in it, to my knowledge; OH, and I forgot TMs are an exception, but you probably already knew that) and it can never be your lowest-leveled Pokémon.

As it's caught, Sonicboom is the only attack it can use (when it's purified), and its default base power limit is 20. However, every Pokémon you KO with Sonicboom increases your BP limit by 10. Reaching milestones allows it to unlock new moves. Be warned, however, that its BP limit decreases by 10 every time it faints (but it can never go below 20). Note that Supersonic and Toxic have been added to the list; while they aren't necessarily attacks, they are capable of dealing damage, so they shall be considered attacks for purposes of this challenge.
20: Sonicboom
35: Tackle (if relearning is even possible)
40: Quick Attack, Thief, Supersonic
50: Uproar
60: Wing Attack, Giga Drain, Aerial Ace
70: Façade, Secret Power, Steel Wing
80: Shadow Ball
90: Psychic
100: Frustration, Return, Toxic
120: Solarbeam

Questions/concerns? (Again, it's plenty to keep track of; I just love challenges with numbers.) Otherwise, GL;HF.

Last edited:
hi guys, just posting to say that i'm not ignoring this thread; i just got suddenly hit by real life (things like family emergencies and being forced to go into work on my days off). i'm going to go through my challenges more closely over the next couple of nights, but all three look good at a glance (though snivy doesn't learn thunder wave and i can't breed for glare until the postgame so that kind of presents a problem!) thanks guys, keep em coming.

hi guys, just posting to say that i'm not ignoring this thread; i just got suddenly hit by real life (things like family emergencies and being forced to go into work on my days off). i'm going to go through my challenges more closely over the next couple of nights, but all three look good at a glance (though snivy doesn't learn thunder wave and i can't breed for glare until the postgame so that kind of presents a problem!) thanks guys, keep em coming.
I just pointed out that you could breed for glare on another game and then trade it to your game if you wanted to. I also fixed the part about thunder wave in my post that was within a minute of your post.

Hello, hello! I need a challange for Platinum. I know I had one for sapphire, but real life got in the way, and I packed it up whilst I was moving, so I need a new one.

-I want medium-hard difficulty.
-BE AS CREATIVE AS POSSIBLE. GAH I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH.
-I will more than likely use a bibarel to hm my way through, but I need pokemon that can learn fly and surf, so it's more convenient.
-If you're gonna give me a starter, don't make it chimchar. Please.
-Give me a diversity of types. I don't want half of my team to be flying types or whatever.
-I'd prefer pokes that evolve, but I'm open to anything else you throw at me.

Hit me with your best shot, and happy scrambling.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Thank you Mygavolt that seems just great!!
I don't think I will be able to get this started for a couple more days (inspection of new house today, out all day tomorrow) but I am looking forward to this! I have to ask for your challenge though, what do I use before Yanma can learn Sonicboom? It will only have Shadow Rush and only learns Sonicboom right before he is fully purified. Also no, he can't relearn tackle in colosseum.

This scramble will be the first time in a while where I will actually do all of Phenac Stadium; I need the TMs from there, literally all of them. Rain Dance and Sunny Day for Solar Body and Giga Drain and Solar Beam for Eliug.

Edit: ok great. Thanks Mygavolt :)

Last edited:
Hello, hello! I need a challange for Platinum. I know I had one for sapphire, but real life got in the way, and I packed it up whilst I was moving, so I need a new one.

-I will more than likely use a bibarel to hm my way through, but I need pokemon that can learn fly and surf, so it's more convenient.
-Give me a diversity of types. I don't want half of my team to be flying types or whatever.

OK. I have a challange for you, named Metal the Piplup. Metal thinks it is a mighty Steel-type already, so it must use a Steel-type move on its first turn in combat (when you learn one). It knows it is a Water-type so it must use a Water-type move on the second turn. To evolve to Prinplup you must solo Gardenia, and to evolve to Empoleon you must solo everything from Maylene to Crasher Wake.

Okay guys, so I'm looking for a new challange now my exams are over.
I want to do a Heart Gold Scramble, with lots of colourful backstory behind each pokemon!
Also, I have a thing at the moment for pokemon in pairs, so feel free to give me a pair of pokemon. I'm looking to get around 10 in total, and would like a medium difficulty challenge. Preferably no "solo x amount of" challenges, but im happy with gym leader solos etc.

Go nuts!

Dodgerr.

You get Soldier the Zubat, based on the class from Team Fortress 2. First of all, it can carry 3 weapons: primary, secondary, and melee—this will take up 3 of its moveslots. The last one is your choice when you catch it, but it must be Fly ASAP (because Soldier is known for his ability to gain height using his rockets), and any of the moves listed below as weapons are off limits. To clarify, it can only have one "primary" move, one "secondary" move, one "melee" move, and one miscellaneous move (to be replaced with Fly).
Unless specified otherwise, these moves cannot be used any more than 4 times in a row.

Black Box: Leech Life (cannot be used any more than 3 times in a row)
Rocket Launcher: Air Slash
Direct Hit: Sludge Bomb
Liberty Launcher: Air Cutter
Cow Mangler 5000: Hidden Power
Beggar's Bazooka: Hyper Beam (can be used infinite times in a row)
Rocket Jumper: Substitute
Shotgun: Astonish (cannot be used any more than 6 times in a row)
Reserve Shooter: Bite (cannot be used any more than 3 times in a row)
Righteous Bison: Dark Pulse (cannot be used any more than 4 times in a row)
Buff Banner: Swagger (can only be used after dealing direct damage)
Battalion's Backup: Protect (can only be used after dealing direct damage)
Concheror: Double Team (can only be used after dealing direct damage)
Gunboats: Roost
Mantreads: Giga Impact (can only be used after Fly)
Shovel: Wing Attack
Equalizer: Return/Frustration (when used, Soldier cannot be healed unless it uses another move)
Escape Plan: U-turn (when used, Soldier cannot be healed unless it uses another move)
Pain Train: Aerial Ace
Half-Zatoichi: Giga Drain (when used, it must keep using Giga Drain until it or its opponent faints)
Disciplinary Action: Poison Fang
Market Gardener: Cross Poison
Screech, Supersonic, Confuse Ray, Mean Look, Haze, Toxic, Sunny Day, Taunt, Rain Dance, Torment, Façade, Secret Power, Rest, Attract, Thief, Steel Wing, Snatch, Endure, Payback, Captivate, X-scissor, Sleep Talk, Natural Gift, Pluck, Defog
(I excluded tutor moves because I don't want you to resort to those)
Now, enough with the moves; let's get on with the other restrictions. Based on its color, it's on the BLU team (eh, its color category is Purple, but it's close enough to Blue). Thus, it must solo every Pokémon in the Red color category that does not conflict with any other solos, as well as Flint of the Elite Four. This also means that it cannot harm any Pokémon in the Blue color category. Additionally, if you have a Blue Pokémon as another team member, it can only fight alongside that team member in Double Battles (to start; don't worry if it faints). If you have a Red Pokémon as another team member, it can never, under any circumstances, fight alongside that team member in Double Battles.
It can evolve into Golbat when it uses its primary, secondary, and melee weapons all in one battle, but it can evolve into Crobat whenever.

===============================================================================================
Okay guys, so I'm looking for a new challange now my exams are over.
I want to do a Heart Gold Scramble, with lots of colourful backstory behind each pokemon!
Also, I have a thing at the moment for pokemon in pairs, so feel free to give me a pair of pokemon. I'm looking to get around 10 in total, and would like a medium difficulty challenge. Preferably no "solo x amount of" challenges, but im happy with gym leader solos etc.

Go nuts!

Dodgerr.
Start with Heavy the Chikorita, based on another class from Team Fortress 2. Just like Soldier, it must have a primary weapon, a secondary weapon, a melee weapon, and a move of its choice (which cannot be any of the possible weapons). This one has a bit of freedom with its last move, since obviously Chikorita can't learn Fly. For any details I've omitted, please refer to the challenge I gave to Itsame.
Minigun: Razor Leaf
Natascha: Magical Leaf
Brass Beast: Solarbeam
Tomislav: Energy Ball
Huo-Long Heater: Frenzy Plant
Shotgun: Bullet Seed (cannot be used any more than 6 consecutive times)
Family Business: Hidden Power (cannot be used any more than 8 consecutive times)
Sandvich: Synthesis (cannot be used twice in a row)
Buffalo Steak Sandvich: Swords Dance (cannot be used twice in a row)
Dalokohs Bar: Giga Drain
Eviction Notice: Tackle
Fists: Return/Frustration
Killing Gloves of Boxing: Petal Dance
Gloves of Running Urgently: Body Slam
Warrior's Spirit: Earthquake
Fists of Steel: Iron Tail
Holiday Punch: Façade
Growl, Poisonpowder, Reflect, Natural Gift, Sweet Scent, Light Screen, Safeguard, Aromatherapy, Toxic, Sunny Day, Hyper Beam, Protect, Double Team, Secret Power, Rest, Attract, Endure, Giga Impact, Flash, Captivate, Sleep Talk, Swagger, Substitute, Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Headbutt
(Frontier-exclusive tutor moves have been omitted)
Like Soldier, Chikorita can evolve into Bayleef when it uses its primary, secondary, and melee weapons all in one battle, but it can evolve into Meganium whenever.
Unlike Soldier, this "Heavy" Chikorita is special in that it doesn't belong to any sort of team, so it has no restrictions on soloing colored Pokémon. Rather, it cannot switch out against (or run away from, in the case of wild Pokémon) Pokémon of a lower evolutionary level than it (i.e. Bayleef cannot switch out against first-level Pokémon that can evolve; Meganium cannot switch out against first- or second-level Pokémon that can evolve) for fear of embarrassingly running away from "babies." It must land the final blow on Whitney's Miltank and Jasmine's Steelix (I'm not gonna make you solo them; that'd be too hard) to show those softies what it's like to live in Heavy's world.

Before Jasmine (and even before Chuck), you may find the Good Rod in Olivine City and fish on Route 41 for Medic the Chinchou. This one, while being from the same game, is not like Heavy or Soldier. It must have a Special attack that it can call its "Syringe Gun" and a Physical attack that it can call its "Bonesaw." As for its Medigun…well, you can build charge by using Stockpile, Aqua Ring, or Charge (which shall henceforth be referred to as "charge" moves). What does this do? It allows you to use "Übercharge," which is, from the perspective of this Chinchou/Lanturn, the move Discharge. Note that if you end a battle after using a "charge" move and without using Discharge, you don't need to "charge" again. If you decide to let Medic participate in a Double Battle, it must be with Heavy. If this ever happens, you cannot use healing items on Heavy unless Medic uses a "charge" move. Also, if it is ever caught against a Grass- or Ground-type, you must switch in Heavy. "Get behind me, doctor!"

Together, the pair must take on any one member of the Elite Four (both visits) without any outside interference (that also means no heal fodder) to show that they make the ultimate combination.

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, GL;HF.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but I'm starting to question the inactivity of this thread.

Just an announcement: The 8th and final update of my Scramble is up! This chapter could've come out earlier, but I had to go and misclick like a stupid head (in fact, I misclicked against Lucian, but it was thankfully nothing I couldn't correct).

===============================================================================================

Also, I hate to do this with all the challenges as of late that need Scramblemons (see the document listed in my sig for details), but I'm going to start a new Scramble in honor of my birthday, which is coming up in 2 weeks. (Sure, college and other stuff may get in my way, but I'm still up to the challenge.)

Game: Pokémon Black
Difficulty: depends on the Pokémon; be lenient on the restrictions of weaker Pokémon like NFEs (I will accept one NFE), but go nuts on the stronger Pokémon.
And please, above all else, no more restrictions like Cryst's
Every time he is switched in, or uses a move, you must shout (out loud, for real) a cheerful slogan or chant
That's the main thing that made my previous Scramble painful at all.

I can trade from White 2, but I'd prefer to only have one Pokémon from there (besides Joltik). All other Pokémon must be obtainable before Elesa and fully evolved before Clay, and I would like a starter.

Also, I would like to use
this little guy.

Current Scramblemons:
@Mygavolt Take Jolt the Joltik. Jolt loves firing jolts of electricity at its foes. As such, it may only use thunder wave, electro ball, electroweb, discharge, thunderbolt, thunder, volt switch, charge beam, and wild charge. Furthermore, it wants to prove that bugs are not weak to fire or flying. As such, it must solo Chili (battle with Cilan or Cress and use a pokemon to defeat all of Cilan and Cress's pokemon, and then bring in Jolt when only Chili is left) and Skyla. Furthermore, it may not run from a wild battle or switch out when against a fire or flying type. Furthermore, it wants to be the best bug in the world, so it must solo all trainer-owned bug types (excluding other pokemon's solo's).
Comments: So basically, it's a mono-Electric Joltik that must solo Skyla and...wait, the Chili part isn't right. You only fight one of the three, not all three. At any rate, all Trainer-owned Bug-types too. Leavanny and opposing Galvantula are gonna be a pain. Oh, and can't run from wild battle...that's what Repels are for. Can't switch out against Fire- or Flying-types doesn't seem too bad (and I can understand why you excluded Rock).

Predicted final moveset: Thunder Wave / Thunder / Volt Switch / Charge Beam

Last edited:
@Mygavolt Take Jolt the Joltik. Jolt loves firing jolts of electricity at its foes. As such, it may only use thunder wave, electro ball, electroweb, discharge, thunderbolt, thunder, volt switch, charge beam, and wild charge. Furthermore, it wants to prove that bugs are not weak to flying or fire. As such, it must solo Skyla, Shauntal's Chandelure, and Alder's Volcarona. Furthermore, it may not run from a wild battle or switch out when against a fire or flying type. Furthermore, it wants to be the best bug in the world, so it must solo all trainer-owned bug types (excluding other pokemon's solo's).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)