Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Hello!! I'd like to do a scramble for white version, no trading, and of medium-hard difficulty!! (preferably without oshawott since I've used it to death)

Incoleo Take Teamwork the Purrloin. Teamwork believes in the power of working together with its allies. As such, starting at level 6, it may only use Assist to attack.

To evolve into a Liepard, it must solo all the Team Plasma grunts in Pinwheel Forest, to show off the power of teamwork to those weaklings. Now that it is a Liepard, it may harm foes directly with status moves, but it can't directly raise its stats or attack.

After evolving into a Liepard, it may try to solo any of the next 4 (Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla) gyms. However many of them it successfully solos determines how many different moves it can directly use, excluding foe-harming status moves.

However, those moves are locked in stone upon being unlocked and taken by a new move. The only way to overwrite the new moves it is allowed to use is by soloing an E4 member (or at least 4 pokemon from that E4 member) with using Assist twice per battle.

After you are past the E4, Teamwork discovers that Team Plasma is coming close to conquering Unova. As such, it must solo at least 4 pokemon belonging to Ghetsis or N, and it must use Assist at least twice during those battles. Each pokemon belonging to them that you solo allows you to freely overwrite the move.

In the end, Teamwork discovers that it prefers 4s over teamwork, so its name must be changed to 4 fanatic. It must defeat 4 trainers after entering the Hall of Fame, and it must solo at least 4 of either rival's pokemon each battle for 4 battles.

Last edited:
  • Pokemon X
  • I would prefer not to trade
  • Medium difficulty
  • Try not to make the challenges too grind intensive!

Scramble me up! :toast:

edit: also i should mention that i will not be using the exp share

Last edited:
  • Pokemon X
  • I would prefer not to trade
  • Medium difficulty
  • Try not to make the challenges too grind intensive!
Scramble me up! :toast:

edit: also i should mention that i will not be using the exp share
You get Froakie. Physical and status moves only. No evolution requirements. Must solo at least one of the Elite Four, items allowed but no revives or items that act as revives.

Hello!! I'd like to do a scramble for white version, no trading, and of medium-hard difficulty!! (preferably without oshawott since I've used it to death)
I'll give you SpeedBoost the Venipede. SpeedBoost heard that, in the Kalos, region, Scolipede can have the Speed Boost ability. However, SpeedBoost knows he cannot have this wonderful ability, and so to compensate he wants to have boosted speed whenever possible. Whenever you send him in, you must either use an X Speed on him, or use Agility once he learns it. To show his speediness, he must also solo any Pokemon with a higher base speed than his current evolutionary form (after setting up, of course!). He must also solo Burgh's Whirlipede to evolve the first time, and Elesa's Zebstrika to evolve the second time. Good Luck!

EDIT: I still have my Black scramble on the previous page.

Last edited:
Gopher111, assuming that you mean you can use AR to start with anything at all, take Destiny the Eevee. (Yes, it must start at level 5.) Destiny has always awaited for answers that lie in the future, the most prevalent of which is what it will evolve into. So use an RNG to generate a number from 1 to 8, and read below for what to do then.

Destiny is fated to evolve into Vaporeon. As such, it must learn to become one with water. So to evolve, it must solo Cress's Panpour, as well as at least 5 other Water-types. Once it evolves, it must be the only Pokemon that uses Surf outside of battle, unless this conflicts with somebody else's Pokemon, and must learn and keep Acid Armor.

Destiny will evolve into Jolteon. For it to do so, it needs to learn to wield the legendary and dangerous power of lightning, and that first means to protect itself. To evolve, it must participate (that is, attack at least once) in the battle against Elesa, and you have to use the Thunderstone on it in Chargestone Cave; nowhere else. After evolving, it must learn and keep Rain Dance ASAP (Since the TM for this is rather pricey, you can negate this restriction if you want.)

Alas, the RNG gods must be angry with you, for Destiny's fate is to become Flareon. But I'll still try to make this manageable. Since Flareon has been the butt of many jokes for generations, Destiny wants to evolve as soon as possible. In other words, there are no restrictions on it before it evolves. After it evolves, it wants to use fire to its advantage as much as possible to make the best of its fate, so it must have 1 damaging fire-type attack plus Will-o-Wisp (You get the TM in Celestial Tower) at all times. It must also solo Brycen, to prove that heat is better than cold.

The RNG has smiled upon you, for Destiny will become a mighty Espeon! But not everything is easy: For it to evolve, it first has to hone its mind to become a Psychic-type. It must solo all trainers in the portion of Relic Castle that is accessible before Team Plasma's shenanigans. After it evolves, to hone its Psychic power, once it learns Future Sight, it must use it at the start of every battle. Finally, to fulfill its destiny once and for all, it must solo at least half of the battle against one of the E4 that is not Marshal.

Destiny is fated to evolve into the mysterious Umbreon. To prepare, before it evolves it can only battle wild Pokemon at night or in dark places, although it may fight trained Pokemon at any time. To evolve into Umbreon, it must learn the sneaky and underhanded ways of battling, so it must use Sand-attack to cause at least 10 attacks to miss that would otherwise be 100% accurate. Once it evolves, it must learn Toxic (TM is on route 17) and Rest (TM is in Castelia City) and must start by spraying its Toxic sweat in every battle. (Translation: First move when it is sent out must be Toxic.)

Destiny is fated to become one with nature; literally, since it its fated to evolve into Leafeon. To prepare, it needs to learn to care for the environment, and as such may not attack any Bug or Grass-types. It can evolve after soloing 7 Trubbish that are owned by Trainers. (Hint: Team Plasma). After evolution, it realizes that it is okay to battle against Grass and Bug Pokemon, but it still can't bring itself to defeat them, so it may not deal the final blow. It also may not be healed by potions when it is currently battling, but it can still use Synthesis, switch out to be healed, use held items to heal, or be healed out of battle.

Patience is a virtue, and Destiny will certainly need it, for it will become Glaceon. On its journey to the icy depths of Twist Mountain, it wants to do its best to contribute to the team, so it must take part in every battle against N. Along the way it needs to embrace the cold, so it must always lead your party and attack at least once in Cold Storage. Once it evolves into the frigid Glaceon, it must learn Hail and Blizzard, and if it is not hailing, Destiny must either switch out or use Hail.

Destiny's future lies not in the RNG alone, but rather in the trainer. In other words, congratulations, you may choose what it evolves into, but still must do the corresponding restrictions.

A few hints:
-The Eeveelutions don't get good moves right away, but you can get powerful TMs in Mistralton City and Icirrus City. You may need to save some money to buy them, though.
-You get the Eviolite in Castelia City. Use it.
-Since you're using AR, I would suggest getting an Eevee with Adapatability since it can't evolve right away; it's by far the most useful ability.

So there's your starter. If it's too easy or too hard, tell me and I'll probably adjust it.

EDIT: Wow, it took me a good hour to write all this. Good thing nobody else posted.

Mono-Normal Scramble for SoulSilver

- No Trading
- All Normal Version Exclusives
- Nicknames
- Full Team
- Only 1 Flyer
Take Fairy the Snubbull. Fairy wants to be a fairy-type, and so he always acts like one. You must know nd keep Charm, as it is a Fairy move in Gen VI, and use it whenever you send him in. He must solo every member of the Clefairy, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Mr Mime and Marill families that you come across. To evolve, he must solo Chuck (because Fairy is SE against Fighting).He must also solo Clair and Lance's Dragon-types, and must switch out against any Poison- or Steel-type. Good Luck!

Original Post
  • Know and keep Charm, use when sent in.
  • Must switch out against Poison or Steel types
  • Solo every member of Clefairy, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Mr. Mime and Marill families
  • Solo Chuck (To evovle) []
  • Solo Clair []
  • Solo Lance’s Dragon-types []

Last edited:
OK, Aries Flame, you get Malicious the Meowth. Malicious is a very evil Pokemon, always wanting to hurt other Pokemon. Especially psychic Pokemon. So therefore, every time a psychic Pokemon is sent out, Malicious must make it faint.. Also, Malicious thinks he's a dark type pokemon. Therefore, he must have 2 dark type moves in his arsenal at all times. He can only evolve after solo'ing Pryce, because Malicious also has a vendetta against Ice types, because although their hearts are cold, Dark types heart's are colder, figuratively. Finally, Malicious must solo 4 of Will's Pokemon.

CJorex, you get Squirm the Joltik! Squirm just loves to make his opponents squirm! So he must always know 2 bug type moves, one of them being Bug Bite, because Squirm thinks that everyone is scared of bugs! He also has to know Screech to make his opponents ears squirm. He has to use screech at the start of every battle he is in. To evolve, he has to solo 5 of the 6 of the Icirrus gym trainers and 1 one Brycen"s Pokemon. Finally, Squirm has to always hold the dragon fang as soon as you obtain it, because Squirm thinks that people are scared of teeth too!

CJorex, you get Squirm the Joltik! Squirm just loves to make his opponents squirm! So he must always know 2 bug type moves, one of them being Bug Bite, because Squirm thinks that everyone is scared of bugs! He also has to know Screech to make his opponents ears squirm. He has to use screech at the start of every battle he is in. To evolve, he has to solo 5 of the 6 of the Icirrus gym trainers and 1 one Brycen"s Pokemon. Finally, Squirm has to always hold the dragon fang as soon as you obtain it, because Squirm thinks that people are scared of teeth too!
Okay, I did say no tye repeats, but I'll accept anyway.
Challanges:
CJorex Take Tricker the Zorua. This Zorua loves to trick its foes as such, it may never be in the back of its party, even if you exclude fainted pokemon. If Tricker is sent out and can't fake an illusion of another pokemon, it may not attack, and you will lose.

To evolve into a Zoroark, Tricker must trick an opponent into using a psychic, a dark, a ghost type move (one of each) and solo a gym leader (or other major trainer)'s ace pokemon without its illusion being broken. Furhthermore, it must solo an E4 member (other than Caitlin), N, or Ghetsis.

If you chose to play to that point, it also must solo Morimoto and Alder, to prove its strength.

Greetings to all of the one/two active participants in this thread who are familiar with my posts before I took temporary leave of Smogon due to a combination of school assignments, a part-time job, computer trouble, and a certain 3DS game whose identity shall (probably) be revealed in due time, but primarily to those who understand the reference when I make it (hint: it won't be in this post). Anyway, those reading this (and those skimming over it) are probably wondering why I'm posting and haven't mentioned the words "reserve" or "challange" until this sentence. Well, the reason for that is...

I'd like to begin a Yellow version scramble, with the challanges preferably being hard/very hard difficulty (but not blatantly impossible or grind- intensive).

I am able to trade between all Generation I games if necessary for the scramble. If I am given a Pokemon that can't be obtained in Yellow, I shall trade it to yellow when I reach the earliest area where it would be found unless specified otherwise by the challange-giver.

As for the Pokemon I am willing to use, legendaries are straight-up no's. I am okay with using Pikachu as a scramblemon (and I promise I won't trade it to evolve it), but it's not a mandatory 'mon. Regardless of whether or not I use Pikachu, I would like my first scramblemon to be accessible before the first gym.

Keep in mind, though, that none of the above restrictions (aside from the "not blatantly impossible or grind-intensive" ones) are absolutely necessary, and thus I make a request post needlessly complicated. Regardless, I hope to be hit with your most devious test subjPokemon for this (though I will not be disappointed* if you make it manageable, so no pressure).

much

While I have yet to post this, though, I think I'll make a combustible reservation for CJorex's Black scramble redo.

Original Post
  • Know and keep Charm, use when sent in.
  • Must switch out against Poison or Steel types
  • Solo every member of Clefairy, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Mr. Mime and Marill families
  • Solo Chuck (To evovle) []
  • Solo Clair []
  • Solo Lance’s Dragon-types []

Original Post
  • Defeat every Psychic-Pokemon
  • Have 2 Dark Type moves @ all times
  • Solo Pryce []
  • Solo 4 of Will’s Pokemon []

Thank you gohper111.

Okay, I did say no tye repeats, but I'll accept anyway.
Challanges:
CJorex Take Tricker the Zorua. This Zorua loves to trick its foes as such, it may never be in the back of its party, even if you exclude fainted pokemon. If Tricker is sent out and can't fake an illusion of another pokemon, it may not attack, and you will lose.

To evolve into a Zoroark, Tricker must trick an opponent into using a psychic, a dark, a ghost type move (one of each) and solo a gym leader (or other major trainer)'s ace pokemon without its illusion being broken. Furhthermore, it must solo an E4 member (other than Caitlin), N, or Ghetsis.

If you chose to play to that point, it also must solo Morimoto and Alder, to prove its strength.

Just going to give everyone a reminder about my scramble. I think I'd like to use a Druddigon, which I can trade over if you want me to have it earlier. Also, If you have given me a challange already may give me a second, if you like.

Last edited:
Ok, I got 4 in my RNG so I guess I get Destiny the Espeon! Thanks for the Pokemon, lucariomaster2! I'm still in need of 5 more Mons though!

As I have promised, here is the Fire-type I reserved for you, CJorex. (restrictions not in a list are underlined for convenience)

The species for this challange is Litwick. First of all, this Litwick must be the first one you catch (and no, you may not reset the game utilize Synchronize, or intentionally knock out the Litwick). Now that that's out of the way, it's time to get down to the restrictions, beginning with the gender...

Nickname your Litwick Tharja. Arguably, the most distinctive aspect of this Litwick is the fact that she will possess an intense... interest in one of your male Pokemon (if you weakened her with a male Pokemon, she will stalk that one. If not, go with the one you have most recently used. Fodder of any kind do not count.) and because of this:
if her crush's item is taken, she must hold it for the same timeframe he did (within a margin of 30 minutes, real time).
must always stay either one slot in front of or behind her crush.
she must always know Attract.
she must always use Attract on said crush.
she is the only Pokemon you can switch to if you're switching out the one she stalks, regardless of the state she's in.
if her crush is KOed, she must switch in immediately and attempt to solo the opposing team.

Another trait of Tharja is how vengeful she is. For example, if she was to faint against a specific trainer, her wrath extends to the point where she will always try to solo at least one Pokemon belonging to a trainer of the same class as the one that KOed her. If she faints during any of these attempts, she will try to solo two of them, and so on. However, don't think that you can just switch Tharja out while battling an opponent, even to prevent her from fainting, she will be quite upset with you because of her desire to "experiment" and will use the worst move for her to use in the following battles until the next in-game hour or next 24 irl hours, whichever of those conditions is fulfilled last.

Nickname your Litwick Henry. Although this Litwick sees himself as a kind and helpful Pokemon, he's a bit unhinged, in the sense that his ideal death is ridiculously bloody and gory yet completely painless. Naturally, this carries over to his actions in combat. For reference:
When Henry enters a battle after learning Curse, it must be the first move he uses.
His favorite method to killing someone is by Hexing them. If his enemy goes down before he can, though, he decides to stop himself from using the move he finished his opponent with until the next time he fights an opponent of the same trainer class (or in the case of a wild Pokemon, until he has successfully KOed 5 of them with Hex).

Despite his sadomasochism, Henry has a few certain principles by which he stands. The first of which is his friendliness with animals, particularly dog-like Pokemon. His amicability towards them prevents him from summoning the will to Curse or Hex quadripedal Pokemon, but at the same time he doesn't want to go overboard, so he simply settles for using whatever move would do the least amount of damage to them (while still doing damage to them) if he's in a fight with one of them. Another of Henry's principles is that if one of his friends needs help with something, he will try to help them (if in an unorthodox manner), causing him to always be in the second slot of the party whenever he's not leading it, so he will always be in a double, triple, or rotation battle. Keep in mind, though, that he is willing to KO his partner if they have HP that is in the red zone on the basis that they'll no longer feel any pain.

Now that we got that out of the way, it's time for the universal restrictions! This Litwick:
must know both Curse and Hex.
must know a damage-dealing or Ghost-type move other than Hex ASAP.
cannot evolve until it learns Curse.
must wait until anywhere within the range of 9 and 19 levels before evolving again.

A few of this Pokemon's restrictions will be altered, depending on its nature. If it has a nature that increases Special Attack or Special Defense, disregard the previous sentence, along with the rest of this paragraph. If it has a nature that does nothing or increases Attack, Defense, or Speed, though, it must learn a physical move upon evolving to Chandelure, taking the place of the non-Hex Ghost-type move.

Good luck! I'll understand if you don't accept this due to how many things there are to keep in mind. I really need to work on that in both rule-setting and challange-giving...

By the way, there is a reference to the 3DS game I mentioned in my previous post somewhere in this challange...

Hey guys, I'm FINALLY ready for my next update. It's only been 4 months since I last updated, despite me saying that the 2 month gap last time was way too long, and that I would try to do it faster from then on. How times have changed.

OP

I won't make any excuses but I will explain, firstly Pokemon X was why this update took like a month longer than it should have, and secondly, every time I got motivated to play, something bullshit would show up and ruin the fun for me, but we'll get to that soon enough. So here we go.

Get it? Coz it was Halloween the other day, and I'm going to battle Morty in this part. Oooohhh, scaaary, am I right?

With the Plain Badge - which I thought was the most uncreative name for a badge ever, but after playing X... - in tow (toe? I dunno which), I was finally deemed worthy of wielding my very own watering can.

Well, I suppose I should clear that tree that's separating Goldenrod from Violet city and be a huge benefit to socie- IS THAT A POKEMON OLYMPICS?! So yes, I spent a fair bit of time at the Pokeathelon. Where I got 4 medals, screw you jump, I didn't want you anyway.

Okay, this time, definatley going to clear the - BUG CATCHING CONTEST?!

Oh wait, I actually need to do this, and so I began my hunt for Scyther, on my way I found a Pinsir and 2 Venonats... two of my favourite Pokemon ever *sigh*... maybe next time... Eventually a Scyther showed up, which I caught. With a Scyther, there's no way I won't win the contest, right?
3rd: Josh - Metapod
2nd: Barry - Butterfree
1st: Ed - Pinsir

What. I'm okay with losing to a Pinsir, Butterfree is a bit of a stretch. BUT METAPOD?! Freaking Metapod! Well, whatever, I have Traditionl now (Traditional is too many letters, so we've got a whole Victreebel/Feraligatr thing going on here). Let's have a look at her stats shall we: Oh, Calm nature, that lowers attack, okay, well maybe I got Technician? Oh, nope Swarm, on a Scyther that will never learn a Bug move... that's just swell. Maybe the moves are better? Oh, look: False Swipe (can't use), Pursuit (can't use), Leer and Focus Energy... ARGH!! I actually had to teach her Cut, just to not be entirely useless to me. (I miss Booster.)

Time to actually, definitely, for realsies clear this tree... by watering it... seems legit. Oh, now it's attacking me, it's almost as if the tree that doesn't like water and can move on it's own accord, isn't actually a tree, but some kind of animal, a kind of... monster even, maybe a monster that I could shrink down, and then put in my pocket. Okay time to stop. So yeah, Support proceeded to destroy Sudowoodo, and that was that.

Arriving in Ecruteak, I entered the Burned Tower, which is apparantly a meeting place for important characters. Seriously, Morty, Eusuine & Silver. The last of which challenged me to battle, and was trounced, hell, Behemoth actually OHKO'd his Quilava. gg sucka. So after unleashing the beasts. I challenged Morty to a battle... and was swept by Gengar...

So after some grinding, encountering Raikou and Entei (got 3 wobbles on him too...) and evolving Drowsy. I rematched Morty, and lost, but that's only because Hypnosis missed on his Gengar. Three. Times. In a row. But I felt confident, so I rematched him and won.

Support/Bayleef (F) Miracle Seed
Bold
Lv. 23
Synthesis
Reflect
Magical Leaf
PoisonPowder

Beat Sudowoodo. Gained a level since the last part. The end.

Behemoth/Onix (F)
Bold
Lv. 23
Dig
Sandstorm
Rock Throw
Screech

OMG, OHKO'd a thing.Take that Nidoran M/F, Joltik, Litwick and literally everything else with a better attack stat than Onix.

Drowsy/Hypno (F) @Quick Claw
Adamant
Lv. 27
Headbutt
Hypnosis
Rest
Psybeam

2/3 Gym Leader's strongest Pokemon put to sleep.
3/3 Gym leader's other Pokemon solo'd

MVP. Learning Psybeam and when Hypnosis hits... yeah. gg. Also, solo's completed. So that's a thing now.

Traditionl/Scyther (F) Shell Bell
Calm
Lv. 21
Wing Attack
Focus Energy
Agility
Cut

Jimera0. I hate this Scyther so much. Honestly, I think STAB Wing Attack is as good as it's going to get for Traditionl. Gen 1, I hate it. As for now, I guess she's okay, but she's going to fall behind. Also, what's with my team being all girls?

I really hope these codes work this way, because I don't remember how to do it for sure.

Last edited:
OMFG, I remember this place. Got some good times here and stuff. ^_^ And I really need to get back in the game, maybe place a Challenge up once I get my X. But I still need to do HeartGold too, ahhhh. >.>

OKay Well... I Never got round to my last Scramble due to pokemon Y... SOOOOOO
I need a scramble for X. I feel bad for not doing the last one but I don't really have an option anymore I don't think I'll ever play 2D pokemon again.

Anyway Rules List:
- All Pokemon must be able to be obtained in Pokemon X, If I had a second 3DS I'd happily say any poke's but I don't so.
- I shall be using EXP. Share, I didn't during my first Playthrough (32:13) and it was harder than a Nuzlocke On Volt White 2.
- No Chespin or Squirtle.
- Make it difficult, I'm experienced in Challenges.

Cheers everyone,
MT

EDIT: My Mate has given me my first.

You must catch a Pikachu and name it StolenFromRed (if the character's fit, otherwise Red's will do). This Pikachu must not evolve. Pikachu must never faint. If it does either re-set, revive it straight away or lose the battle. Pikachu must also appear at least once in every major battle since catching. Major battles are Serena, Gyms, Flare Admins/Scientists and Elite 4

fletchling (1).gif

After hearing about the ability Gale Wings, Jet is completely obsessed with Speed, to reflect this Jet must know (as soon as possible): one priority move(basically Quick Attack), a move that boosts the speed stat (if it has a chance to boost speed (not sure if such a move can be learnt by it though) it counts), and a Flying-type move (because it wants Gale Wings so bad). You cannot use items on it when it is the active Pokemon in battle, because that'll just slow it down.

Name it Luna. It can only use Psychic STAB, it can only have items used on it at night, and it must solo at least one of Olympia's Pokémon.
Name it Sola. It can only use Rock STAB, it can only have items used on it during the day, and it must solo at least one of Clemont's Pokémon.

Last edited:
I think there are like 1~2 mons being given for each scramble request before they get swamped by more requests

that's a problem someone should maybe do something about that maybe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)