Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Ok Jimera0, here are your clarifications:
The 3 turn/ pokemon in battle rule only applies when you get Narcolepsy. Before you get him, it doesn't apply.
The next bit, about the can't compete in next battle bit, it applies if you outstay the 3 turn limit, if you cannot defeat the opposing Pokemon in less than 3 turns. This however, does not apply if it defeats the opponent in less than 3 turns.
For the solos, to evolve to Pignite, it must solo Cheren's Lillipup within the 3 turn rule, and then to evolve into Emboar, must solo Clay's Excadrill, again in the 3 turn limit. You can attempt these over and over
In the PWT, BurnOut must lead and defeat the 1st Pokemon sent out, but the limit is lifted. After doing that, the rule is lifted, but it must still hold the Charcoal.

Hopefully this clears it up, gl;hf

Ok Jimera0, here are your clarifications:
The 3 turn/ pokemon in battle rule only applies when you get Narcolepsy. Before you get him, it doesn't apply.
The next bit, about the can't compete in next battle bit, it applies if you outstay the 3 turn limit, if you cannot defeat the opposing Pokemon in less than 3 turns. This however, does not apply if it defeats the opponent in less than 3 turns.
For the solos, to evolve to Pignite, it must solo Cheren's Lillipup within the 3 turn rule, and then to evolve into Emboar, must solo Clay's Excadrill, again in the 3 turn limit. You can attempt these over and over
In the PWT, BurnOut must lead and defeat the 1st Pokemon sent out, but the limit is lifted. After doing that, the rule is lifted, but it must still hold the Charcoal.

Hopefully this clears it up, gl;hf
Everything except one bit: Can I switch BurnOut out before the 3 turn limit is reached (or right as it's reached) to avoid taking a penalty? Basically I just need to know how switching out affects it. Oh, and about the PWT, the first Pokemon sent out for every trainer in the tournament, or just the first one overall?

That should be the last questions I have to ask and then I can start.

Yes, if you want to, but doing it all the time takes the challenge out of the challenge. And it is the 1st pokemon for each Trainer

powergo1
Alright, though I have to disagree with you about it taking "the challenge out of the challenge". Having to switch out is a potentially huge loss of momentum, and in some situations it might actually be preferable to take the "can't battle next battle" penalty. It'll force me to think carefully about whether it's better to stay in and risk incurring the penalty or switch out and have a team member take a hit (and for some of them, risk activating their restrictions). This is a good thing! Good challenges are ones that force tough decisions like this.

In any case, that's the last last thing I needed to start my challenge then! I'll make a more complete base post when I post my first update. Thanks to everyone who submitted! And sorry DarknessOfLoyalty, but I can only wait so long for you submit a replacement.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My friend powergo1 take the male Audino named Bob who is a serial woman beater

Bob is very insecure about his manhood and expresses it in an extremely unhealthy way by beating up women. Bob may not switch or run from any female Pokemon that it is in battle against. It also must solo Skyla and Lenora (except for the Patrat that Scout will solo). It will let Annoyer solo Elesa because it is afraid of Annoyer because it's much more manly. Bob can only have one status move, the other three must be attacks and these attacks must be contact moves because he likes to beat his victims.

Have fun ^_^

ty
I shall now start it, posting gymly updates

Powergo1 Take Reshiram the Tepig. This Tepig thinks it is as strong as the Legendary Dragons. As such, it may never switch out from a foe (it may switch out between battles, though).

Also, it wants power. You must teach it Head Smash, Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, and Blast Burn ASAP. Before it can learn those moves, it must always know moves with as high of power as possible.

In battles, it refuses to use a move of a type the foe is weak to, unless all of its other moves are resisted (with the 4 highest-power moves, Shedinja and Froslass only). It also refuses to use any moves that boost its stats or lower its foes' stats, because that is unneeded to win (and yes, moves with a chance to do that like Rock Smash can't be used as well).

It thinks that all Unova starters are part Dragon-type. As such, it may not use Head Smash against Emboar, and it may use Blast Burn against Serperior.

When you get to N's Castle, it must solo Reshiram. No one else on your team may be sent out against it. Once Reshiram has been beaten, you may catch it with someone else on your team to continue the game.

powergo1, take a Blitzle and name it CHAAAAAAAAAAARGE (with as many As as you can fit). This Blitzle fancies itself a member of the calvalry of old, and as such loves the glory of the charge. As such, it must have at least 3 moves with the word "charge" in their name ASAP. (Charge, Flame Charge, Wild Charge, Discharge, Charge Beam. He must also solo any trainer owned Pawniard and Bisharp you come across, because everyone knows that horse is superior to foot! Finally, have it lead the charge against every elite 4 member, ensuring that it KOs the lead Pokemon of each one.

Good luck and have fun!
Powergo1 take Annoyed the Basculin. This Basculin hates that Pikachu, Charizard,etc. are so overrated, so it must always know Frustration and learn it ASAP. Also, because Elesa is a fashion model and fashion models are so popular, and because Elesa uses Electric-type Pokemon, Annoyed must solo Elesa. (If Basculin can not be caught in the wild before Elesa, use the Basculin-Minncino trade's Basculin, which does not have to have the nickname).

Summary:
-Patrat named Scout
-Must always lead, except in the E4
-Must never forget Detect
-Must always lead with Detect
-Solo Lenora's Watchog

My friend powergo1 take the male Audino named Bob who is a serial woman beater

Bob is very insecure about his manhood and expresses it in an extremely unhealthy way by beating up women. Bob may not switch or run from any female Pokemon that it is in battle against. It also must solo Skyla and Lenora (except for the Patrat that Scout will solo). It will let Annoyer solo Elesa because it is afraid of Annoyer because it's much more manly. Bob can only have one status move, the other three must be attacks and these attacks must be contact moves because he likes to beat his victims.

Started the game, got Reshiram the female Tepig, did tutorial shit, went onto route 1, got Scout the female Patrat, battled N, beat the gym!

Pokemon:

Scout the Patrat
Female
Naïve (-SpDef, +Spd)

Tackle
Detect
Bite
Bide

Reshiram the Tepig
Female
Adamant (-SpAtk, +Atk)
Tackle
Tail Whip (Pointless)
Ember
Oder Sleuth (Pointless)

That is all, will update after 2nd gym

Last edited:

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Meh. I think i'm gonna do a White Treehollow Scramble.
I mean, that's a thing, and I've accesses it, so yeah.
Trading- Yes, but only on certain days.
Difficulty- 7.5/10
No "GIVE THIS POKEMON NO ATTACKING MOVES." All Pokemon must know at least 1 damage-dealing move (Metronome counts)
Pokemon needed: 3
1-
Tiamat the Kyurem
*Must hit all Dragon-types(except for Benga's Latias) with Scary Face before attacking
*Must solo all Dragon-types you see that belong to an enemy trainer
*Must solo Benga's Latias with only super effective moves
*Must always know Glaciate
That's all, and I hope you are happy with Tiamat!

EDIT: Tiamat can not be spliced.
2-
~Crobat named Hated
~Keep his happiness low
~Must know Frustration, and a Ghost, Dark, and Bug type move.
~Solo 5th area boss trainer, and you can replace Frustration with a Poison type move.
~If you fail, Hated may only use Frustration for the rest of the scramble.
3-
Take Random the Snorlax. This Snorlax may only use Metronome, and it may only hold a Metronome. Randomly pick a type (other than Dragon) each day. Random must solo all pokemon of that type.
4-
5-
6-

Last edited:
Lockes and Keys take Tiamat the Kyurem. Tiamat thinks it is the queen of all the dragons, so it must intimidate it's subjects with Scary Face before attacking. It must also stop it's subjects from attacking it, so it must solo every Dragon-type you see(That belongs to an enemy Trainer). When it sees Benga's Latias, the Latias claims it is the true queen of all dragons. This enrages Tiamat, so
Tiamat must solo the Latias, using only super-effective moves. Lastly, Tiamat must always know Glaciate, so it can show it's amazing power.
So:
Tiamat the Kyurem
*Must hit all Dragon-types(except for Benga's Latias) with Scary Face before attacking
*Must solo all Dragon-types you see that belong to an enemy trainer
*Must solo Benga's Latias with only super effective moves
*Must always know Glaciate
That's all, and I hope you are happy with Tiamat!
PS. The name Tiamat comes from a deity from Dungeons and Dragons.
PPS. This may be too easy. If so, let me know and I will give you a different Pokemon.
EDIT: Tiamat can not be spliced.

I need 4 more pokemon ;A; (link in sig)

Lockes and Keys Take Hated the Crobat. Hated was, well, hated as a Zubat, and now it hates everything as a result. Even you. Try to keep its happiness down. In fact, it hates the world so much that it may only know Frustration, and a Dark, Ghost, and Bug type move, because everyone hates those things.

After you solo the 5th area boss of the White Treehollow with Hated, Hated starts to respect you, and you may replace Frustration with a Poison type move. If you don't, Hated hates you even more, and you may only use Frustration with Hated for the rest of the scramble.

Summary:
~Crobat named Hated
~Keep his happiness low
~Must know Frustration, and a Ghost, Dark, and Bug type move.
~Solo 5th area boss trainer, and you can replace Frustration with a Poison type move.
~If you fail, Hated may only use Frustration for the rest of the scramble.

PS: May be a bit easy.

I think it might be nearing a time for me to do another Scramble. This time it would be for Y.

Not much in terms of rules to abide by. Just make sure that by the end of the game (Going up till Champion), all Challanges must have had the potential to get a full moveset (If such is possible with said Pokemon, of course) and had the chance of fully evolving. (Note that I won't trade Pokemon or items in to the game. I can, however, trade a Pokemon to evolve it, provided I've found the necessary item in-game) I would greatly prefer if all the necessary HMs could be fit into the team itself. Also, assume Exp. Share won't be used.

Outside that... knock yourself out. Go and make it as hard as you want. As long as you believe it's still possible to do at least. Also, due to the very sporadic schedule, try to not involve real life time.

EDIT:
Currently given challenges
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-scramble-challange-mark-2.3455879/page-414#post-5239710
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-scramble-challange-mark-2.3455879/page-414#post-5239830
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-scramble-challange-mark-2.3455879/page-424#post-5294083 (Olympia and Mega-Gardevoir portions not included due to conflicts)

Last edited:
Roadagain take N01 the Zubat. N01 was previously enslaved by Lysandre, but escaped to Connecting Cave. Because the life of a slave is so frustrating, N01 must know Frusturation ASAP. Also, he became repetitive from his previous life, so every time you start a battle, choose one move that N01 knows. N01 can only use that move for the rest of that battle. Lastly, N01 must be given an item as soon as he is first put into your party. You can never remove that item… until you have N01 learn a new move! Every time N01 learns a new move, you must change N01's item. If N01's item is ever lost in a way other than learning a new move, you can not use N01 ever again, and the Lysandre solo is canceled. When you start your final battle with Lysandre, N01 recognizes Lysandre as the man that enslaved him or her, and N01 gets his revenge by soloing that battle! After that, N01 may now evolve into a Crobat, and may forget Frusturation for Return, and all other restrictions are removed. That's all!
Summary:
*N01 the Zubat
*Must know Frusturation ASAP
*Can only use one of his moves per battle
*Must always hold item
*Can never remove item
*Whenever N01 learns a new move, must change N01's item
*If item is lost in a different way than learning a new move, release N01
*Must solo Lysandre final battle
*After Lysandre solo, may evolve into Crobat
*After Lysandre solo, may forget Frusturation for Return
*After Lysandre solo, all restrictions are lifted

Roadagain, take Diancie the Carbink. (Note: I will be referring to the real Diancie as Diancie and this Carbink as "Diancie".) This Carbink believes that it is destined to become a Diancie, and so it believes it has to learn her (?) power. Since Diancie is a legendary Pokemon, and legendary Pokemon all have great offensive capabilities, "Diancie" must only use attacking moves or moves that raise its attacking stats. Furthermore, it must always hold an evolutionary stone (Leaf stones, sun stones, and moon stones don't count since they're rocks as opposed to gems) which must change after every major battle you have. (Rival, gym leaders, E4, important people in Team Flare). It must go through a rotation of at least five different stones before it can re-use one, since it needs the combined powers of all of the jewels. When you get to Anistar City, "Diancie" learns about the sundial, and notices the similarities between the crystals in the sundial and the crystals in its body. It then wants to exert its full power while in close proximity to the crystal, because it believes that that is the way to mutate. So, it must solo Olympia. Finally, when you get to the Pokemon league, "Diancie" notices the similarities between Diancie's name and Diantha's name. It then has the notion that Diancie is some sort of permanent mega-evo of it. So, it must solo Diantha's Gardevoir.

Recap:
-Diancie the Carbink
-May only use attacking moves or moves that raise Attack/SpA
-Must always hold an evolutionary stone minus leaf, sun, and moon. The stone it holds must change after every major battle, and the same type of stone cannot be reused until it has held at least five different stones.
-Must solo Olympia and Diantha's Gardevoir.

GL;HF.

Last edited:
Gym update #5 and 6

Ok, so i forgot to update after the 5th gym so i'm just updating both at once. Clement wasn't to hard to beat but it was challenging nonetheless. Valerie on the other hand was a pain in the a**, and yes, that swear was totally necessary. Sweeper had to solo her, until i realized that was impossible because Sweeper had only one special attacking move, Ancient Power, which is a good move, except it only has 5 pp, not enough to solo a gym leader. Especially when that gym leader leads with a Mawhile.

In other news, since it took my so long to start this scramble, I'm gonna start up a new scramble! This time for Black. Make it Fairly easy. Once again, I have a problem with stressful things. No trading. Thank you in advance!

Gym update #5 and 6
In other news, since it took my so long to start this scramble, I'm gonna start up a new scramble! This time for Black. Make it Fairly easy. Once again, I have a problem with stressful things. No trading. Thank you in advance!
Can you trade to evolve Pokemon? e.g. Trading your Gurdurr for a Sewaddle, and then trading back?

Verxilo take Eclipse the Sewaddle. Eclipse was born during a eclipse, and so has a strange fascination of the cosmos. So, he must solo all Pokemon you face that belong to an enemy trainer that learns a move by level up in gen 6 that is related to the cosmos i.e. Moonblast, Cosmic Power, all Flying or Psychic type moves, Hyper Beam, Morning Sun, Moonlight, etc. To prove his power over the cosmos, he must solo Skyla. When you get to the Elite 4, Eclipse taps into the power of the cosmos and foretells the coming of evil. However, he needs a partner for that. So,
Eclipse must solo Caitlin to recruit her. Together, they foretell the coming of evil. When you see N, Eclipse
is confused. Eclipse sees into his heart, and N is not evil at all! However, Eclipse loves battle, so he must solo the capture of Reshiram(!). When that is done, he must strike the finishing blow on Ghetsis's Hydreigon, spraying good throughout Unova.
So:
*Eclipse the Sewaddle
*Must solo Skyla
*Must solo enemy trainer's Pokemon that can learn cosmos-related moves by level up in Gen
*Must solo Caitlin
*Must solo the capture of Reshiram
*Must strike the finishing blow on Ghetsis's Hydreigon

That's all, and have fun!

Last edited:
Verxilo take Eclipse the Sewaddle. Eclipse was born during a eclipse, and so has a strange fascination of the cosmos. So, he must solo all Pokemon you face that belong to an enemy trainer that learns a move by level up in any generation that is related to the cosmos i.e. Moonblast, Cosmic Power, all Flying or Psychic type moves, Hyper Beam, Morning Sun, Moonlight, etc. To prove his power over the cosmos, he must solo Skyla. When you get to the Elite 4, Eclipse taps into the power of the cosmos and foretells the coming of evil. However, he needs a partner for that. So,
Eclipse must solo Caitlin to recruit her. Together, they foretell the coming of evil. When you see N, Eclipse
is confused. Eclipse sees into his heart, and N is not evil at all! However, Eclipse loves battle, so he must solo the capture of Reshiram(!). When that is done, he must strike the finishing blow on Ghetsis's Hydreigon, spraying good throughout Unova. After that, Eclipse may evolve into Leavanny.
So:
*Eclipse the Sewaddle
*Must solo Skyla
*Must solo enemy trainer's Pokemon that can learn cosmos-related moves by level up in any generation
*Must solo Caitlin
*Must solo the capture of Reshiram
*Must strike the finishing blow on Ghetsis's Hydreigon
*After Ghetsis, may evolve into Leavanny
That's all, and have fun!
Ok then... That's kind of brutal to me. Can you make it just a bit easier? Mostly in terms of evolving. Thanks!

Ok then... That's kind of brutal to me. Can you make it just a bit easier? Mostly in terms of evolving. Thanks!
Remove all evolution restrictions and the cosmos-related moves as are, of now, Gen 6 ONLY. That's okay for you?
I recommend saving your Master Ball for Reshiram because… Fusion Flare from Level 50 Reshiram is an OHKO on level 62 Leavanny.

Remove all evolution restrictions and the cosmos-related moves as are, of now, Gen 6 ONLY. That's okay for you?
I recommend saving your Master Ball for Reshiram because… Fusion Flare from Level 50 Reshiram is an OHKO on level 62 Leavanny.
K thanks! The evolution is now lifted, which is really nice. Also, can I lift the cosmos-related moves thing... that's kind of confusing for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)