Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Lockes and Keys take Tiamat the Kyurem. Tiamat thinks it is the queen of all the dragons, so it must intimidate it's subjects with Scary Face before attacking. It must also stop it's subjects from attacking it, so it must solo every Dragon-type you see(That belongs to an enemy Trainer). When it sees Benga's Latias, the Latias claims it is the true queen of all dragons. This enrages Tiamat, so
Tiamat must solo the Latias, using only super-effective moves. Lastly, Tiamat must always know Glaciate, so it can show it's amazing power.
So:
Tiamat the Kyurem
*Must hit all Dragon-types(except for Benga's Latias) with Scary Face before attacking
*Must solo all Dragon-types you see that belong to an enemy trainer
*Must solo Benga's Latias with only super effective moves
*Must always know Glaciate
That's all, and I hope you are happy with Tiamat!
PS. The name Tiamat comes from a deity from Dungeons and Dragons.
PPS. This may be too easy. If so, let me know and I will give you a different Pokemon.
EDIT: Tiamat can not be spliced.
Yep, accepted.
(But I already named my Kyurem Mortuus) -A-

And Battle Scissor, and Mulan, accepted. Snorlax' though lol

And another thing.
Battle Scissor, take Eli the Mareep. Eli was the most brilliant Mareep on the whole darn ranch, and came up with a wonderful invention- the cotton gin. Give it Cotton Spore as soon as it gets it, and it must never be taken off- that is, until Eli comes up with a NEW invention. He finds that Cotton makes for excellent body armor. Replace Cotton Spore with Cotton Guard as soon as he gets it. Eli also likes his little electric sheepiness. He must have at least 1 Electric-Type damaging move.

After extensive research, Eli has come up with a way to use electricity to immobilize his enemies. He must have ThunderWave on him at all times once he gets it.
Unfortunately, Eli had an accident while experimenting with electricity one day. This accident left him a little loopy, and obsessed with numbers (at least, kind of.) When he becomes a Flaaffy, this is what he must do: when facing an opponent with an odd number of letters in its name, it must lead off with Cotton Spore/Guard. If it has an even number of letters, you must lead off with Thunder Wave. (of course, this rule doesn't apply if the Pokemon is a Ground-Type. Eli respects the earth from which his cotton came.) This rule applies throughout his life.
Once Eli becomes Apmharos, he thinks he is the greatest genius of all time. Like, ALL time. He becomes bitter and vengeful, and so must destroy all of the others. Eli Must get and use Hyper Beam at least once per Gym leader/E4 member. If the Gym Leader/E4 member has an odd number of letters in their name, Eli must use it twice. If they have an even number of letters, Eli must use Hyper Beam against the first GL Pokemon and solo the strongest of the GL's Pokemon. (ex. Will has 4 letters in his name. Use Hyper Beam against Xatu 1 and Solo Xatu 2. Clair has 5 letters. Eli must use Hyper Beam twice against any of her Pokemon. You can use Hyper Beam against different mons.)

tl;dr
-Eli the Mareep
-Must learn Cotton Spore as soon as he gets it, and replace it with Cotton Guard once he gets it.
-Must carry a damage dealing Electric move
-Must carry thunder wave
-from Flaaffy onwards, you must lead with Cotton Spore/Guard against a pokemon with an odd amount of letters in its name and T-Wave against those with an even amount of letters. This rule doesn't apply vs. Ground types.
-Once Eli becomes Ampharos, you must give it Hyper Beam as soon as you get it.. he must use it at least once vs. all remaining GL/E4 members. Vs. Gl/E4 members with odd amount of letters in the name, use Hyper Beam twice. If they have even letters, you must use Hyper Beam vs. the first and solo the strongest.
gl;hf!

Last edited:
Hey again all, I come bearing bad tidings... Since my desktop got fried last Sunday, I highly doubt I'll be able to recover any files from it, which means that my HeartGold Scramble writings are probably toast... I've been busy trying to write a couple of chapters up on it, but alas... It's all gone now. :(( *sighs* I was really enjoying writing it too... ;(

I feel like doing a Pokemon Gold scramble. I haven't scrambled in such a long time, this should be fun c:

Rules for my scramble:
  • Moderate difficulty
  • I can't trade, this is on an emulator
  • Unless the pokemon can't live without its given nickname, I'll be naming them myself
  • I'll be playing an emulator with speed-up on so grinding is allowed, but nothing too extreme
  • I need to be able to use Surf, Waterfall, Strength, and Fly (the basic required HMs)
  • My rival will have Feraligatr no matter what
  • I might have forgotten stuff so I'll edit this post if I remember
Current team:
Sandshrew [Given by Hulavuta]
-Always knows Defense Curl and Sand Attack
-Can't attack unless it uses defense curl once per switch-in and sand attack once per enemy pokemon

Spinarak [Given by DestinyGallade]
-Must know CONSTRICT, STRING SHOT, SPIDER WEB and POISON STING
-To evolve, must solo Bugsy
-Must be the first spinarak I find

Bird Satan/Spearow [given by shinyskarmory]
-Cannot be the lowest level in my team
-Cannot use any moves that Pidgeot can learn
-> Can only learn: Drill Peck, False Swipe, Fury Attack, Growl, Leer, Scary Face, Sonicboom, Whirlwind

Bellsprout [Given by Mecha Ajnin]
-Must solo every grass-type I encounter (ESPECIALLY BELLSPROUTS)
-Must solo Morty

Sir Puff/Jigglypuff [Given by Raikaria]
-Can't evolve
-Must solo Whitney's Clefairy

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Verxilo you just gotta be patient man, any thread is going to have its ups and downs. If you really want some challanges though, you can leave a message on some of the regulars' walls asking for it.

In the meantime, I guess I'll give out some Pokemon for some of the people here...as soon as I found out who is doing what and what they all have already. Lol.

Its not forgotten. Back shortly after XY's release, this thread would frequently go for a few days without any posts.
Verxilo you just gotta be patient man, any thread is going to have its ups and downs. If you really want some challanges though, you can leave a message on some of the regulars' walls asking for it.

In the meantime, I guess I'll give out some Pokemon for some of the people here...as soon as I found out who is doing what and what they all have already. Lol.
Ok then... I'll be patient then.

"Patience, young Padawon..."
-Direct quote from Anakin Skywalker (I think...)
XD

Last edited:

Hulavuta

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ok Verxilo I have a bit of a fun and easy challange for you:

Take Scales the Sandile. Scales got his name not only because he is a reptile, but because he is constantly trying to tip the scales of battle in his favor. Scales always wants to make sure he has the advantage in a battle, so he cannot attack until he has achieved a 4 "point" advantage over his opponent. The points are decided by stat changes on his opponent and himself, regardless of which Pokemon caused it. He gets 1 point for every stat boost to himself, and 2 points for every stat decrease on his enemy. He loses 1 point for every stat boost his opponent has, and loses 1 point for every stat decrease he gets.

Examples of how this works:
1. He uses Leer twice, lowering the opponent's Defense by 1 stage two times, giving him 4 points.
2. The opponent uses Curse, which is +1 Attack, +1 Defense, -1 Speed. He loses 2 points for the Attack and Defense boosts, but gains 2 points for the Speed drop.

Remember that if he got points by lowering the stats of his opponent, after that opponent faints he will have to get points again, so generally increasing his own stats is a better idea.

Have fun!

ok Verxilo I have a bit of a fun and easy challange for you:

Take Scales the Sandile. Scales got his name not only because he is a reptile, but because he is constantly trying to tip the scales of battle in his favor. Scales always wants to make sure he has the advantage in a battle, so he cannot attack until he has achieved a 4 "point" advantage over his opponent. The points are decided by stat changes on his opponent and himself, regardless of which Pokemon caused it. He gets 1 point for every stat boost to himself, and 2 points for every stat decrease on his enemy. He loses 1 point for every stat boost his opponent has, and loses 1 point for every stat decrease he gets.

Examples of how this works:
1. He uses Leer twice, lowering the opponent's Defense by 1 stage two times, giving him 4 points.
2. The opponent uses Curse, which is +1 Attack, +1 Defense, -1 Speed. He loses 2 points for the Attack and Defense boosts, but gains 2 points for the Speed drop.

Remember that if he got points by lowering the stats of his opponent, after that opponent faints he will have to get points again, so generally increasing his own stats is a better idea.

Have fun!
Dang... That's quite a gimmick! I like it though. Accepted.

Hydrattler take Toy the Pawniard. Toy is a Toy Pokemon from Pokemon Rumble Blast, as you may have guessed by his nickname. At the point where the player gets attacked by a Krookodile, Toy's Wonder Key was bent. This slowed down switching Pokemon, so you must teach Toy a status move ASAP and us it whenever you switch him in. However, ending a battle with Toy at the front of your party and entering a new battle does not impose this restriction. When you meet Marshal, Toy thinks Marshal could punch his/her Wonder Key back into shape. So, Toy must solo Marshal.(!) After that, all restrictions are lifted. That's all! Bye!

Hulavuta

my good friend Hydrattler take Derp the Stunfisk. Derp may not use any moves that have 100% or perfect accuracy and it may not use any items or moves to boost its accuracy. If it faints in battle you must discard 10 items. Also, it is not allowed to hit anything super effectively. Also it has to solo one gym leader, your choice. Good luck!

TriBlock, I'm not too familiar with Gold but I'll give you a bit of a modified version of Verxilo's scramble:

Take a Sandshrew and make sure it learns Defense Curl and Sand Attack. This Sandshrew is not allowed to attack until it has used Defense Curl on itself once and Sand Attack on its enemy once. Remember, after the enemy faints, you have to use Sand Attack on the next one, and if you switch out, you have to use Defense Curl once you come back in! Good luck!

Both of you, let me know if these are too easy or too hard and I'll fix 'em up for you. Otherwise, good luck and have fun!

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hydrattler take Lento the Tepig.

1. Tepig has a passion for slow things, so it must always have the lowest speed of your team, if it doesn't you may not use it until it has the lowest speed of the team again. (it's ok if you wanna reset for a -Speed nature)
2. It may not learn a move that raises speed or has a chance to raise speed, if it's speed is raised, switch it out, but if it's speed is lowered it can't switch out anymore.
3. It also loves orchestra, so it must have a sound move before it evolves to Emboar, there may freely evolve to Pignite.
Once it evolves to Emboar, rename it Allegro.
4. You don't have to follow rule 2 anymore from now on.
5. Allegro hates that slowness now, it rather wants to be at the highest speed possible, so you can only use Flame Charge in battle until you outsped the opponent at least once, you may not switch out until this point either.
6. Allegro means joyful too, so if it reaches it's goal, which is getting at +6 speed against a gym leader, you can use it against the E4, if you don't manage this, it's too sad to face the E4.

~ Was forced by Hula to do this

Snaquaza, would it be ok to change 1. to just being a -speed nature, trying to keep it with the lowest speed of my party is a bit too much hassle for my liking, if thats ok then happily take him

I am back after my long hiatus. And it seems this thread is almost deserted now, partly my fault, yes. And another thing, do people even do updates anymore? I haven’t seen any, but then again I haven’t exactly been looking for them either.

Anyway, this is my 100th post (in only 3 and a half years, how about that?) and I thought I should do something special… ACTUALLY UPDATE!

So here it is, Part 5 of my HeartGold Scramble. As per usual, the link to the OP and subsequently, the other updates, is in my signature. (Will post proper link later.)

With the newly acquired Ghost badge (the… Fog Badge?) I set off in search of free shit, and that’s how I acquired the TM for Shadow Claw and the HM for Strength. Now, as a bit of a Crystal purist (Crystal being my first Pokemon game) I find that changing minor details like this – Strength used to be in a Café in Olivine – drives me insane. Btw, I didn’t teach either of these moves to any of my Pokemon, I just thought I should mention it… because reasons.

Now, actually on the road to Olivine, I was told about a new Safari Zone opening up – Crystal purist rage aside – I was happy as this meant that there was actually something to do between Chuck and Jasmine, for reasons that will be obvious to anyone who knows Behemoth’s restrictions and stats.

And then I stopped playing for two months.

Coming back, a lot of things changed, like Daylight Savings Time was going… or it wasn’t, I don’t know which is which, I just had to move the clock back an hour. And then I played for a while and realized I was writing down notes for this Scramble update in completely the wrong book… which was and still is, a little awkward.

Arriving in Olivine, my Crystal purist ways were immediately challenged, when I met Silver and realized his dialogue was changed from: ‘might make you less weak’, to ‘might make you a better trainer’.

Crystalism aside, I awaited nightfall and began searching for my new teammate, Illuminate the Staryu, a Pokemon with a 3% encounter rate… 6 encounters later I found one, Illuminate for the ability and everything too. And thus Illuminate the Rash Staryu joined the team, and was immediately taught Surf, because that’s one of the few moves I’m actually allowed to teach it.

With Illuminate, and the rest of the gang, we climbed the lighthouse to be ‘a little less weak’, because that’s what he actually says. At the top we met Jasmine and her sick Ampharos. We she said, ‘Amphy is sick. I can’t leave her side. If only someone could get her medicine’. Oh I see, the whole “I won’t directly ask you, but guilt you into doing it anyway” routine, yeah I know what’s happening here, I’ve dealt with this crap before… and that’s how I ended up travelling to Cianwood City, where I stole a Shuckle, saw Suicune, trounced Eusine, and battled Chuck. Also, I got some medicine, or something.

So the Chuck battle. I decided – despite Primeape knowing Rock Slide – to solo him with Traditionl the Scyther, instead of Illuminate, the Staryu. The battle itself? Not that bad.

Support set up a Reflect, as per the restriction, and was OHKO’d by a critical Focus Punch. Then it was Traditionl’s turn. I clicked Wing Attack, fearing that another grind session was in store. Wing Attack did a little over half, and in retaliation, Primeape used Double Team… the second Wing Attack hit and Primeape went down. Next up was the Poliwrath, two Hypnosis misses and a Surf that did less than 1/4 damage was all it was able to do before falling to Traditional.

So, despite my worst fears, not a very hard battle at all actually.

I said I'd do something special.

Support/Bayleef (F) Miracle Seed
Bold
Lv. 29
Synthesis
Reflect
Magical Leaf
PoisonPowder

A few levels to attempt to survive a Focus Puch from a Primeape, but what can you do? She's still a pretty useful team member

Behemoth/Onix (F)
Bold
Lv. 24
Dig
Sandstorm
Rock Throw
Screech

Trash. Did virtually nothing. Does virtually no damage. Let's just hope that it was because this section of the game is heave on Water and Fighting types.

Drowsy/Hypno (F) @Quick Claw
Adamant
Lv. 27
Headbutt
Hypnosis
Rest
Psybeam

Trash. Did literally nothing. Does a fair bit of damage. Let's just hope it was because I didn't use her at all this section.

Tradition(a)l/Scyther (F) Shell Bell
Calm
Lv. 31
Wing Attack
Slash
Agility
Cut

Phenomenal. Does so much work. Does a fair bit of damage. Let's hope it isn't all downhill from here (which it almost certainly will be). Also, hitting that Primeape through a Double Team, made my day... well actually it didn't, but I had a pretty good day today, so it's not really a fair comparison.

Illuminate/Staryu
Rash
Lv. 25
Surf
Swift
Recover
Camouflage

It's all right, I suppose. Pulls it's own weight, I guess. I can't really rely on it too save a team member though. Also, no gender or held item makes the bio look very bare.

So, how'd you like my 100th post? I didn't think it was anything spectacular, or even outside the ordinary, really. But 100's just a number, honestly, what did you expect, if anything?

Expect me to be giving out Challanges more frequently from now on, but don't expect me too update again any time soon. First I have to grind 6000 play coins and then have an Onix, a Pokemon with base 30 attack, solo a gym that has a type advantage and a Pokemon with like, what 200 def? Yeah that's a lot of grinding coming up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)