The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see England winning or drawing. We need to watch out for Evra, he can easily outskill many wingers and England are playing more compacted so there could be room out wide. Also, watch out for Terry Henry, some Trezeguet guy and Ribery. Benzema/Ben Arfa are overrated fucks btw.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anelka, Arfa, Benzema, Henry, Ribery and Evra are the players I'm looking out for. Surely we'll see some of them play tonight which will be as exciting as watching England's team. Which has Wes Brown in for the love of god...

Don't know about Arfa, but Benzema is statistically underated in terms of popularity. Lyon are a team that sells players for money, and they're wanting to keep this player due to his amazing season so far.

Anywho, starting now, so com'on England!

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lampard did not play due to having stomach cramp.

Don't watch the game, it was god-awful...

Looking forward to the Champions League next week though!

Oh okay, lol haven't even bothered to search for it yet. Yay! Champions League time. Coincidental how Arsenal vs. Liverpool 3 times in a row. All I hope though is Chelsea winning. Oh and speaking of Chelsea when/what are the chances of Avram Grant being sacked ?

Lets see.. I'm able to watch it live however since I live in Australia I have to wake up at approximately 5.45am to get the coverage. Then it'll go for about 2 hours.. then I'll head off to school. No problems there except for waking up.. -_-"

Taylor

i am alien
I can't see us winning tonight's match. I hope we can get a draw and take them back to Old Trafford in the 2nd leg and then beat them. But as far as I'm concerned, Roma are getting better, each and every year. They did well last year, and I'm sure they'll be up for revenge today.

Off the pitch, it doesn't look good for the travelling Manchester United fans in Italy, due to the events last year, it won't just be highlights on the pitch, but off the pitch regarding the two club's fans will be in danger as violence will surely break out.

Nontheless, come on United!

I reckon that if you can hold Roma off the first 15mins I reckon you'll win the first leg. Utd are playing really well at the moment, I reckon this will be an amazing close to the season

In other news Kettering lost on Saturday and this delay's our inevitable promotion. 4 Points needed for automatic promotion, 6 games left to it.

I can see us scraping a win. Roma are overrated bastards. They are second in Serie A which you need next to no consistency to win, apart from Kaka, Pirlo etc there are hardly any world beaters in that league compared to Ronaldo, Fabregas, Messi, Henry etc in the PL and la liga.

Talking about Roma, we dominated them this season at Old Trafford but were lucky that we were in a period where we had about five 1-0s in a row. And then our youngsters/reserves drew quite comfortably in Rome. That 2-1 defeat was when Scholes was sent off early.

I expect VDS, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Hargreaves, Scholes, Anderson, Giggs, Ronaldo and Rooney to be the team.

Taylor

i am alien
That's why we won't win, because we have Giggs playing!

He's way past his prime; too slow, loses the ball all the time, and isn't doing anything with dead balls like he used to.

You're right about the team though.

Giggs is not at his peak but still has a lot to offer. Against Aston Villa he was amazing, not in the sense of a traditional winger but in the second half he played deeper and split the Villa defence quite a few times whilst quietly engineering attacks. He is probably best in the hole rather than the wing, he still has pace but looks reluctant to use it :(

He got 4 assists against Roma just by not being picked up when he played deep and central.

Taylor

i am alien
Well...we pulled out a victory today, 2-0.

I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that we got 2 away goals, and the win! That means that if we score at Old Trafford just once, Roma need 3 goals (which is very unlikely). Let's say we don't score at OT, then they still need 2 goals, which I think is too difficult for them to overcome.

I'm quite confident to say that we're going to play Barcalona in the semi-final after today's result.

Taylor

i am alien
I just want to see goals tonight from Liverpool and Arsenal, even though my mind tells me it'll be a boring, slow paced, 0-0.

Chelsea should get through this leg easily, so I'll assume they're winning.

Yeah unless Liverpool show no signs of defence just like last time United beat Liverpool 3-0. Then it'll start to get interesting.. But I'm predicting that Liverpool will win it.

Taylor

i am alien
I think their embarassing defeat came from when they lost that Argentinian before half-time. They had no chance of coming back...

However, I don't think Arsenal have the attacking edge that United have, which is why I doubt such a score.

Yeah United I must admit are the best in attacking. So 1-0 or so is probably going to be good enough for whomever.

Well...we pulled out a victory today, 2-0.

I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that we got 2 away goals, and the win! That means that if we score at Old Trafford just once, Roma need 3 goals (which is very unlikely). Let's say we don't score at OT, then they still need 2 goals, which I think is too difficult for them to overcome.

I'm quite confident to say that we're going to play Barcalona in the semi-final after today's result.
Roma need 3 goals regardless of anything to win unless its going down the penalties route

You guys seem to be forgetting the attacking flare Arsenal showed against AC fucking Milan....

The current team may not be as good as Llungberg, Pires, Anelka and Henry etc, at their peak. But they still have the potential to run rings around Liverpool. However Liverpool having the final leg at home should be a big advantage, so I hear.

Taylor

i am alien
Roma need 3 goals regardless of anything to win unless its going down the penalties route
I know...

So basically, they have to come to Old Trafford with an intention to get 3 goals. Now that's hard...but that also means that they haven't to concede. To come to Old Trafford and score 3 goals is hard enough, let alone keeping a clean sheet.

Tonight I'll predict:

Liverpool 0 - Arsenal 1
Chelsea 2 - Fenerbache 0 (thanks, oma)

Chelsea play Fenerbache, not Schalke lol. They lost to Barca 1-0 last night.

I'll be happy with Arsenal X - 0 Liverpool. Away goals mean too much. A win would be nice of course but a 0-0 would leave me happy as well. People thought we couldn't go to AC Milan and win there.

Hopefully cheatsea lose.

Man U are through as far as i'm concerned lol.

Liverpool have an incredibly shit team outside of Gerrard, Mascherano and Torres. Get rid of them and you have the likes of Kuyt, Voronin, Pennant, Arbeloa etc etc.

The defence doesn't convince me either. Reina is always dodgy, can't catch for shit. Carragher looks like he can't move anymore and tries his best to give away penalties. And the full backs are shite.

Taylor

i am alien
Slapping myself in the face for that false prediction.

I prefer Carragher over Mascherano, but that doesn't mean I doubt his talent. You right, though, after Torres and Gerrard , it's like "so who are Liverpool again?"

It's abit like Arsenal when they lost Henry, fortunatly, Fabregas, Van Persie and Adebayor are still at the club impressing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)