The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being an Arsenal fan I should get used to refs screwing us over. But i'm not.

Dutch ref + Kuyt obvious penelty + red card offence = no penelty.

was it really that stonewall? I haven't seen it.

Also fucking colin kazim-richards scoring against Chelsea. Haha.

was it really that stonewall? I haven't seen it.

Also fucking colin kazim-richards scoring against Chelsea. Haha.
as stonewall as they come, and imo a straight red as he is about 4 yards from goal and very capable of slotting it in the far corner. not that hleb would ever consider shooting, but he could have.

Eh.. Chelsea lost I knew it. Shitty defence but what can I say Fenerbahce is a growing team and will eventually get even better with a team loaded with alot of Brazillians. Zico is just a legend really.

And with Arsenal and Liverpools match.. I can simply lol at the fact when Kuyt wasn't penalised.. I mean seriously yet the commentators said the referee was dutch also so I don't know when the replay seriously saw him drag him onto the floor. Arsenal could have won have still won it 2-1 if it wasn't for that player who stood in front of the goal and hit him without noticing then cleared the ball. Arsene Wenger's face at that moment was priceless. Even the commentators laughed at that moment when the guy stood in front of the ball..

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Andy Gray said...

"Penalty, got to be a PENATLTY!".

I was like...

"but they haven't give it, har har".

Fenerbache were losing at one stage too, good job to them!

The Champions really shows the supremacy English teams have right now, i think that in the semifinals will be Chelsea, Liverpool, Barca and Man. Utd.

But as Aniki said, Fenerbache bave a run for his money, the look like a really solid team, but i dont think that they can keep the advantage when they play on the Chelsea stadium, also has anyone seen the copa libertadores lately?

Do any follow the UEFA Cup?, oh man i was so happy to see little Getafe draw 1-1 on Munich!(vs. Bayern Munich), that was AWESOME, they could even win judging of how even the match was.

I see copa Libertadores goldemblem, Guadalajara is almost out... :/

I'm a Chelsea supporter but seriously I'm not surprised if they don't make it into the semi finals.

Avram Grant = Pathetic.

Looking for teh sack.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Don't ompare him to Mourinho, then you'll like him. ^_^

Manchester United V Middlesborough this Sunday at 1:30pm. Looking forward to it. We beat them 4-1 at Old Trafford earlier this season, and even though we're away, I wouldn't be suprised if we did it this time around. Winning this will be vital for meeting Chelsea after the semi finals of the Champions League to decide the Premiership Champions. I believe Arsenal are out of the title race now.

I guess so, it's just the fans want Mourinho, and not much respect has been shown to Grant which I guess seeing we lost to Spurs and Barnsley..

And 6 games to go in the premier league I'm predicting a win against Man City 1-0. Then it'll be all small wins against the other 4 teams and Man Utd I'm thinking it'll be a loss 2-0 or possibly 2-1 but never know Chelsea might be lucky. Well technically wise Utd will most likely win the league.

What's with Liverpool? They seem so tired and just, out of it.

Arsenal took over that whole game. Luckily for Liverpool, they couldn't finish, and they got a equalizer.

I'm a Chelsea fan at heart, but Man United is undisputed the best team in the world right now, there's jsut no stopping it, and C. Ronaldo is 90% the reason for that. Man U wont drop any points, and I'm predicting a tie at Stanford Bridge against Chelsea. Oh well, if only Chelsea had started out stronger.

On the Champions League, stupid Chelsea defenders, how were they outplayed so easily by a simple forward lob pass? UGH. We need Cech back.

Also please DON'T bring rubbish Ronaldinho to Chelsea, PLEASE, bring Gio Dos Santos instead.

I'm a Chelsea fan at heart, but Man United is undisputed the best team in the world right now, there's jsut no stopping it, and C. Ronaldo is 90% the reason for that. Man U wont drop any points, and I'm predicting a tie at Stanford Bridge against Chelsea. Oh well, if only Chelsea had started out stronger.

On the Champions League, stupid Chelsea defenders, how were they outplayed so easily by a simple forward lob pass? UGH. We need Cech back.

Also please DON'T bring rubbish Ronaldinho to Chelsea, PLEASE, bring Gio Dos Santos instead.
Yeah we weren't able to start strong enough this season since the days of Mourinho are gone.

Yeah in the Champions League it was kind of predictable that it'd go either side being Fenerbahce haven't lost a match at there homeground this season and Chelsea for having only 2 goals conceded overall this season. Yeah Cech is a real need at the moment but he'll need to get back in form.. and speaking of which what was his injury? I just heard he had an injury but I didn't know what he was suffering from?

How can I tell youre Mexican lol? And Ronaldo is about 20% of why we are the best. I would say its 50% of it is having the two best CBs and the best LB in the world and having a world class goalkeeper in van der Saar and a competent RB in Brown. Easily the best club defence in the world.

Then you've got our central midfield, who have controlled a lot more games than we did last season, especially thanks to Carrick and Fletcher's improvements and Anderson and Hargreaves adding steel.

And finally, Rooney is about 10% on his own, for the way he creates chances and energises especially in key matches. And then of course Ronaldo and Tevez who have been getting the goals.

Taylor

i am alien
SkarmBlissCounter's right.

Also, United's Tevez, Ronaldo and Rooney, have scored just under 70 goals this season between one another. Ronaldo has 36 of them, so Tevez and Rooney have around 17 each, which is remarkable.

Champions League campaign ends against Barcalona. I just don't see us going to the Camp Nou, doing anything while we're there, and then get owned by Messi, Ronaldinho, and Henry because Wes Brown and Evra's defensive capabilities are below par.

I would say its 50% of it is having the two best CBs and the best LB in the world and having a world class goalkeeper in van der Saar and a competent RB in Brown.

You called?

Also Man U would beat Barca lol. Both home and away.

If Arsenal get past Liverpool then we will lose to Chelsea if they get through. No one wins at the Emirates, not even Arsenal, and no away team wins at Stamford.

Taylor

i am alien
Why does everyone think Manchester United will beat Barcalona? I'm a United fan, and I just can't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)