The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolton did, but not Stoke. did you see the match? Chelsea had a billion wasted chances. They were far from robbed.

If they sell Drogba doesn't that leave them with only Anelka as a recognised out-and-out striker? I don't really see that happening.

I still believe Chelsea can win the premiership, although they should sell drogba, or he should really get his game on.
Sorry to blow your bubble, but Chelsea are really in a pathetic position. I'm a Chelsea fan and I support Chelsea but right now, the only team that'll be able to compete with ManU to the finish line is Liverpool. Selling Drogba won't make much of changes since the whole of Chelsea is out of form ATM. I want Chelsea to win but I shall be very surprised and also happy if that happens.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ugh, I still don't see how Liverpool cannot beat Stoke City. These ties are gonna kill us down the long run. =/

Sorry to blow your bubble, but Chelsea are really in a pathetic position. I'm a Chelsea fan and I support Chelsea but right now, the only team that'll be able to compete with ManU to the finish line is Liverpool. Selling Drogba won't make much of changes since the whole of Chelsea is out of form ATM. I want Chelsea to win but I shall be very surprised and also happy if that happens.

Actually its not over for Chelsea, there is what...2-3 points seperating them from Man U. Look at liverpools draws lately, at least chelsea have won there last 2 games, not even Man U are playing good, they keep winning by only 1 goal.

Zak91

Silent waters run deep
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 9 Champion
I'm a Liverpool fan and honestly i think Man United will win the premiership, Liverpool just slip up way too many times.

Manchester City are hopeless. They have nothing other than money. They must improve local players rather than throwing a hundred million at one player. I hope Chelsea wins this season and Tottenham wins the Carling cup. An unfortunate defeat for Burnley. They really deserved to win it after defeating Chelsea.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What?! Who to?
Well...
Apparently, Newcastle are willing to sell Shay to Man City for a price of no less than £14 Million. Whether that’s true or not is anybody’s guess. We read it today in the The Sun. They write that Newcastle have to get players in and Shay might be the one to FINANCE the incoming players. Would Newcastle do that? I’ve no idea.
This is from Shay Given's official website, and I can confirm that the article concerning a possible transfer appeared in the Sun.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2157870.ece

If Newcastle doesn't get a better manager soon... Selling off the best players we have for cut-price youngsters form Yeovil...

Does anyone else think Sammy Lee is a complete joke. He made Boloton almost relegated till Megson came along. I really wonder how he got to be assistant at Liverpool.

Also who else thinks Hull will be relegated?

I do not think that Hull will be eliminated since they're playing well. I think Stoke, WBA and Newcastle(no joke...) will be relegated.

Manchester City are hopeless. They have nothing other than money. They must improve local players rather than throwing a hundred million at one player. I hope Chelsea wins this season and Tottenham wins the Carling cup. An unfortunate defeat for Burnley. They really deserved to win it after defeating Chelsea.

Hang on, Your a Chelsea fan and you think that Man C are pathetic about spending millions on players rather than using Homegrown talent? Is it just me or is that a bit ironic?

Anyways onto real news...

C'mon the mighty Poppies, Fulham at home today...

I know that. Even Chelsea are like that but they fund on good players and they also fund their money judiciously. Kaka might be very good but throwing away 100m is too high. Chelsea funds on good players. Not that Robinho is a bad player, but was not worth that money.

So the mighty Poppies fell to Fulham, ah well we can hold our heads high, though it should've been a red for their Defender.

And Taxie, Kaka is one of the best Strikers in the world. 100M to help secure their place in the Premiership (in which is worth at least 40M (from TV and Ad rev) for at least 2 years, makes his money in no time. Also securing the services of Kaka would also entice more players to Man C. So I reckon all in all Kaka would be worth that 100M.

And if anything Chelsea when they were first took over bought every good young player they could get their grubby little hands on, and then didn't play them.

Sorry for breaking the discussion about english football, but this has to be done.
In January 25th, 2004, Miklos Fehér, at the time Benfica's striker, died on the field. He collapsed with a heart attack, and died later into the night. I saw it live. And he smiled. He smiled before dying...
5 years have past, but we don't forget.
You'll always be in our hearts Miki. Always.

Rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)