The testing process: what do we do

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I'm just going to say how I see this going.

Step 1: Test Berry Juice.

Step 2a: If Berry Juice is not broken, then we drop Murkrow, Yanma, and Meditite in for testing, considering that Berry Juice impacts whether or not Gligar and Misdreavus would be broken under current conditions. We then test based on that metagame.

Step 3a: From step 2a, we will take a course similar to how UU is playing out currently, in which suspects are nominated and banned in each round.

Step 2b: If Berry Juice is deemed broken and is therefore banned, testing will proceed in a method similar to the testing of Pokemon in OU. Gligar and Misdreavus will be tested, and based on that test, we will have a baseline metagame in which to test the rest of the metagame against.

Step 3b: From step 2b, we will then test Yanma and Meditite in respect to the suspect-free baseline metagame in order to determine how balanced they are given standard battling conditions.

Step 4b: From step 3b, as soon as testing is completed regarding all suspects, we'll throw them all together similar to Stage 3, in order to see how they play with respect to one another. This may or may not change the final tiering decision of the suspect Pokemon.
I agree with how this is set up, as with and without Berry Juice are two entirely different metagames. The testing of Berry Juice is still a difficult thing to understand, at what point can we consider an item as too strong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)