Project The Top 10 Titans of the 6th Gen OU Metagame

lmao Lando-T's always going to come second in these isn't it

Well might as well go with that and vote Mega Sableye seeing as it was pretty influential, seeing as the last one was Goth (tbh I think it's more #7 material but w/e) and Mega Sab is like 50% of the reason it was too good.

This thing alone is the reason 90% of my teams have a Heatran, or stallbreaker of some sort. Getting chip via rocks on stall is very important and Mega Sab heavily invalidates a lot of chief rocks setters, a trait extremely useful for Stall. It forces Azelf to run Skill Swap, makes Stealth Rock Clef significantly more viable. Basically it's a tonne of the reason stall is still viable. Everyone else has covered the rest of this so I'll say no more.

This round is tough, it's either Landorus-T or Mega Sableye, but I'll have to go with Mega Sableye. Sab and Goth basically go together and they were the two Pokemon that brought back stall in ORAS pretty much. Defining an entire playstyle is really influential, and I think Mega Sableye should be higher than Gothitelle but whatever. Landorus-T to me seems like it checks stuff but it's not influential enough to the things it checks to the point where they dramatically drop in viability or usage like what Aegislash did to the things it checks. You still see Zard X, Excadrill, Terrakion, etc. even with Landorus-T everywhere, but if you couldn't beat Aegislash, you're pretty much UU or something at that point. That's the difference between the two imo, and I think a 3-4 place difference is fine lol.

i think that i will go with M-sableye.

Lando-T is the glue that holds this meta, momentum, blanket checking almost half the physical attackers of the tier, rocks, tons of different sets... its versatility its unmatched, and thats why it gets so high usage... need a rocker? lando, need a choice scarfer? lando... so teams prepare for lando cause its almost a guarantee that the enemy will have one, as sometimes, its bad to have, instead of lando, another ground type.
BUT thats not centralizing or defining, its just VERY versatile. its not the same. lando does not define the meta, in fact, its the reverse, the meta dictates HOW lando will be played.

And when things like Kyu-B and Mhera, Mmeta, Mmedi, etc running rampant across the tier, one might wonder why is not stall dead yet. one of those reasons is M-sab. this guy plays like a klefki, spreading prankster status and recovers and chip damage, until it says GTFO rocks, and megaevolves, becoming a defensive menace that is very hard to take down...

godly defensive typing, countering most rock setters, having both prankster AND magic bounce, very good defensive stats... to stall this guy is a lifesaver, when played correctly, its better than any deffoger or spinner, a cleric that does not need to use heal bell...

one of the reasons one runs moldbreaker excadrill is for putting rocks against this guy (or status), and even then, it can fail to do so (unless ur name is clefable), getting statused cause u were brave enough to try to hazard the field of this demon. AND when clefable has to run steal rock JUST to have the rocks on the enemy field, when clefable could run things like encore, yellow magic, wish, heal bell, calm mind, coverage of your choice, toxic, knock off or even protect... IMO clef has better things to do than being a rock setter so, when its forced to do so, i guess it talks about how defining can M-sableye be for the meta

Mega Sableye
Because this thing was more important to stall than gothitelle and it looks like Lando-T will be something like #9 or #10 with so many counter arguments.
But my arguments:
Was talonflame needed on every HO team in order for it to be successful? (And before you say yes, you forget that dark SPAM is still semi-viable and deoxys hazard stacking was a thing in X and Y).
Did clefable need to be on every single balance team?
Did mega scizor or mega diancie completely outclass another great mega in a major playstyle, so much so that this other mega (Mega venusaur for those that do not know) is now almost never seen on any stall teams?
No?
Well Mega sableye did all of these things.

Mega Sableye: 14
Landorus-T: 8
Talonflame: 2
Hoopa-U: 1
Latios: 1
Deoxys-S: 1
Clefable: 1

Mega Sableye is our winner! While Mega Sableye wasn't the first Magic Bounce user, it was the first that combined the ability with solid bulk, good typing, and reliable recovery. It revolutionized the stall archetype and helped make things like Dugtrio and Shedinja stalls possible, which would have been nothing more than a dream before. It's already looking at potentially a second suspect test even as we speak, demonstrating its influence.

Voting for #6

Landorus-T
again for me. One of these days...

Clefable since it has been the most threatening pokemon in OU for a long time now, and it was good for most of XY as well.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Clefable
Other people already made posts on this one so I'll just keep it short. Definitely one of the most influential pokemon and one of the hardest pokemon to cover in the teambuilder because of its wide variety of coverage moves on the CM set only. Landorus-T's influentiality isn't close to Clefable's in my opinion.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Talonflame
So influential that people use Lando-T as their flying resist. Fits on p. much every playstyle while being very restrictive for both offense (SD, CB) and stall (Stallbreaker, BU) squads.

Talonflame - this bird makes me truly understand the importance of priority. From the initial Choice Band set to the two SD variants to the gem that is Sp.Def Talon, this bird is something EVERY single team needs to prepare for if you want to succeed (unless you are wish killer)

Landorus-T

It's about time, I think. I'm surprised nobody's voted for Landorus-I or Mega Mawile at all.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.

#6) Landorus-T

Best form of a offensive/defesive pivot that OU has ever been graced with. P late on this one so don't have much else to say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)