The UU Open V - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
apologies to teal6. I had contacted my opponent before I went away to a soccer camp for a college im looking at and I hadn't got a response in the 3 day interval nor when i initially got home. Unfortunately the next morning after i got home my phone crashed completely and I had to order a new one. I then had to leave on a trip to NY to see my family that lives there and I had no way of accessing smogon until I recently got home a few hours ago. So in essence, a soft 3 day absence turned into an almost week absence. My opponent obviously had responded to my initial contact in the time period where my new phone was getting shipped (and still is) and while I was in another state. I had no way of responding.

I know it sounds somewhat bullshitty but theres no reason for me except one that is out of my control to not respond to him when I contacted him first. I made an early contact because I new I was going to be away from home a lot in the upcoming week but my phone breaking really fucked me over. I did my best to set the initiative but had no way of keeping in touch until now. Its one thing to not make an effort when u have easy ways of making that effort but I had no actual chance to even make that effort until now. I guarantee you I would have if I had the chance.

I thought since theres still seems to be some time left and a lot of matches are still undone that I might try and get a plea in. Thanks in advance for even reading this. If you'd rather pm about the situation then im ok with that as well but I thought id get my thoughts out as quickly as possible since its late and nobody I could talk to is online.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
youngee and I did decide on a time, but it was at 11pm his time and he wanted to postpone the game a day due to his day being rough (which I can understand). He didn't give a time, so I figured it would be the same. He has not logged in since his message postponing the game though so there was no way for me to know where he was on PS. We can still get this done if he decides to log in at any point, but the only day before the deadline where my schedule is not super volatile is Thursday (maybe Wednesday too, but i have been called in the passed 2 Wednesdays). We also have an 11 hour time difference which may make things hard. Just an activity update... I would like to get this done, but I am not sure where or when my opponent will be seen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)