The Walkthrough Tournament - XY Edition [Round 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Originally hosted by RBG
Approved by me

Thanks Scepticallistic for this amazing banner
Rules

1. Each round will be placed at a different part of the game Pokemon X/Y Version. There will be restrictions in level, Pokemon availability, TM availability, item availability and friendship. These will be dependent on where you are in the game. As the rounds go on, more things will obviously open up.

This is the example format for rounds.

Lumiose City

Level Restriction: 12

Pokemon Available

Chespin
Fennekin
Froakie
Caterpie (+ evolutions)
Weedle (+ evolutions)
Pidgey
Zigzagoon
Fletchling
Bunnelby
Scatterbug (+ evolutions)
Pikachu
Pansage
Pansear
Panpour
Dunsparce
Azurill
Bidoof
Burmy
Farfetch'd
Psyduck
Riolu
Litleo
Ledyba
Ralts
Skitty
Budew
Combee
Flabébé
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle

Technical Machines Available:

TM11 (Sunny Day)
TM18 (Rain Dance)
TM27 (Return)
TM75 (Swords Dance)
TM76 (Struggle Bug)
TM78 (Bulldoze)
TM83 (Infestation)

Items Available:

Light Ball
Oran Berry
Stick
Leppa Berry
Poison Barb
King's Rock
Quick Claw (one)

Friendship Limit:

150 (Return's Strength: 60)

2. You are not required to send teams to me for approval, but if you have questions on whether your team is legal, feel free to ask me.

3. Only ONE Starter Pokemon may be used on any team, as well, this Starter Pokemon will be the only one you may use for the entirety of the tournament (thought you can get two starters from the same evolutionary line once the Pension is released). The same rule apply with the Kanto starters.

4. From the moment you use a Pokemon specific to Pokemon X or Y, you should use the same version until the end of the tournament.

5. Species Clause, Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, and Self KO clause are in effect

6. Xerneas, Yvertal, Torchic, Combusken and Blaziken are banned.

7. There is no rule against scouting, however if you are in the tournament and you spectate a match that a participant asks you to leave in you may be disqualified.

8. To avoid an exessively unbalanced metagame, Pokemon evolving by trading and evolutionary stones from the Super Training will be banned during the first rounds of the tournament.

How to know if your move is legal or not (please read at least once, even if you know every mechanics):

I am going to take Farfetch'd as an example, because he shows pretty much every trap.

First of all, I suggest Serebii's dex to everyone, because it is ready. Last time I checked, bulbapedia was a bit late and some of the pokemons didn't have VI gen datas. So just type "Farfetch'd XY serebii" in google, and the first link should be the good one: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/083.shtml

Level-up moves: You can only get moves learnt before the level limit (pretty obvious). Farfetch'd learns Knock Off at level 13, so it is illegal for the first round. There is a trick here, about the moves learnt at the earliest levels: The lowest level you will find a Farfetch'd is six (you can clic on the details about location, it will be indicated). So when caught at level 6, Farfetch'd will have the 4 furthest moves in his Level Up list: Peck, Sand Attack, Leer and Fury Cutter. In other words, Brave Bird and Poison Jab are illegal until the player reachs Dendemille Town (where the Move Relearner is).
Also if your Pokemon learns a move at level 25 but the limit is 24, you might want to check the pre-evolution: It may learns it at an earlier level.

Move Tutors: In this generation, there is a very limited number of move tutors (actually, only three move tutors, and two of them are only for the starter Pokemons). I will still indicate when those get released.

Pokemon Pension: From the second round, the Pension will be available. It means that for any Pokemon that can be female, the lowest level you can have is one. It may release a couple of moves for the Pokemons who can only get caught at a high level.

Move relearner: From Dendemille Town (Probably round 4 or 5, I am not sure yet), you will be able to play with every level-up move. It means Brave Bird and Poison Jab.

Hidden Abilities: Hidden Abilities are only available for Pokemons in a horde. I will indicate which Pokemon are, but it does not exist in the first round.

Note about the Egg Moves: I firstly planned to allow these, but only if they would be available at this point of the game. But then I realised that for someone who does not know every mechanic yet, it would be too much of a research. Even while knowing these, I realised how hard it is to explain, to check every potential parent, etc. For this reason (and because this is a fun tournament, I don't want to force you to take 2 hours to make a team), Egg Moves are banned.

Round 1:

Pkrs vs Psychotic
mfhoundoom vs Mithril
Icecream vs CrashinBoomBang
Chieliee vs Dr Ciel
Radli vs Imanalt
starwarsfan vs Lunar.
Bazion
vs da hui
Enguarde vs shartruce2
Masterful vs DHR-107
Level 51 vs Robo-Ky
Frizy vs pokebasket
Ruppy vs Fuzznip
Nozzle vs Alf'
Juanpa vs Anno-nyme
srk1214 vs majaspic22
Dark Nikuman vs Lasagne21
Mew vs FLCL
MikeDecIsHere vs Cherub Agent
XenoBlade911 vs -Manu-
Celever vs Yoshidraak
DC. vs Snaquaza
Beast Mode vs kaonohiokala
complete legitimacy vs Silvershadow234
Raichy vs EZ Target
rewindman vs kael
TheKFC vs cbt
Qwilphish vs DTC
LordBurger vs Eo Ut Mortus
scorpdestroyer vs Perche No Fai
dragonuser
vs inji
Raseri vs ginganinja
Jsaok3 vs Laurel

Priority substitutes (please confirm you are still interested in playing):
TheKFC
complete legitimacy
Qwilphish
Radli

Trinitrotoluene
Lunar.
Masterful

I will start substitutions in one week from now, 1st of December
The deadline for the first round is the 5th of December

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Round 1: Lumiose City

Level Restriction: 12

Available Pokemons:
Chespin
Fennekin
Froakie
Caterpie (+ evolutions)
Weedle (+ evolutions)
Pidgey
Zigzagoon
Fletchling
Bunnelby
Scatterbug (+ evolutions)
Pikachu
Pansage
Pansear
Panpour
Dunsparce
Azurill
Bidoof
Burmy
Farfetch'd
Psyduck
Riolu
Litleo
Ledyba
Ralts
Skitty
Budew
Combee
Flabébé
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle

Available Technical Machines:
TM11 (Sunny Day)
TM18 (Rain Dance)
TM27 (Return)
TM75 (Swords Dance)
TM76 (Struggle Bug)
TM78 (Bulldoze)
TM83 (Infestation)

Available Items :
Light Ball
Oran Berry
Stick
Leppa Berry
Poison Barb
King's Rock
Quick Claw (one)

Friendship Limit:
150 (Return's Strength: 60)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
So can we only use egg moves and moves that these Pokemon learn at level 12 or below?

Edit: Just read the OP again and apparently you can, but still unsure on egg moves. Anyway we've contacted eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)