The World Cup of Pokémon 2019 - Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The World Cup of Pokémon 2019

Logo by LifeisDANK

Hosted by Ark Hikari Hogg

In 2018 we saw lines re-drawn and global alliances shift, but when the dust settled, it was still the new US Northeastern region that walked away bearing the coveted blue trophy. Call them a dynasty: for four years running now, the eastern region of the United States has proved to be an unstoppable force, maintaining a streak never once seen in WCOP’s 14 years. But last year, another power emerged: a new US West rose from the ashes of the California wildfires and fought US Northeast to a three game tiebreak. Though US Northeast held onto their title, the past year has seen West’s dominance continue to grow, and many are left wondering: is 2019 their year?

And meanwhile, outside the boundaries of North America, the great machinery of war has been rumbling to life. While North America claimed three out of the four semifinal slots in WCOP 2018, teams across Europe, South America, Asia and Oceania have all been clamoring to reclaim their dominance and prove themselves world powers once more. Will Team Brazil, the last team to defeat the powerhouse that is the eastern region of the United States, emerge once more? Will three-time winner Team Asia, after having nearly dropped out of the tournament in 2017, re-find its former glory? Or will we see a new winner come to the fore?

WCOP 2019 is officially underway!

Threads:

WCOP 2019 Teams:

RETURNING TEAMS:

• Asia - Analytic & BHARATH_THEBEST
  • Brazil - elodin & Destiny Device
  • Canada - Genesis7 & Tokyo Tom
  • Europe - Ricardo & We Three Kings
  • France - Zephir & Cicada
  • Germany - Leru & Nigel97
  • Greece - Astamatitos & Mysterious M
  • Italy - Raiza & Will of Fire
  • Latin America - Spectear & ZDen
  • Oceania - false & Tom Bus
  • Spain - Malekith & M Dragon
  • UK - HJAD & shade
  • US Midwest - Sam & Nails
  • US Northeast - bro fist & ABR
  • US South - TDK & Stone_Cold
  • US West - Mithril & Shiba
QUALIFYING TEAMS:

• Austria - Charmflash & Bedschibaer
  • China - fsk & yjh971203
  • India - SANJAY & DJ Breloominati
  • Netherlands - Djokra & Drud

Last edited by a moderator:

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Team UK chant number one: Dante's on fire
Keep your eyes peeled for more to come as you support her majesty's lads on their way to the blue trophy.

Intro:
Triangles he's 4-0 in SPL for the Stark Sharks he's had a suberp season.

Verse 1:
Dante he never doubles; the Croydon born beast
From SPL to WCoP, to play for HJAD's team
Went 4-0 this season he makes em shit their pants
And when he beats down Astamatitos, we're gonna sing and dance

Pre chorus:
He will 6-0
He will win just more and more
He will 6-0
He will win them all
He will 6-0
He will 6-0
He will win them all

Chorus:
Dante's on fire! Your RSE slot is terrified!
Said Dante's on fire! Your RSE slot is terrified!
Dante's on fire!
(C'mon!)

Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da (x4)

Dante's on fire, Da-Dante's on fire, Dante's on fire
Your ADV is terrified
(C'mon!)

Verse 2:
Dante he will be trapping your Tars and Skarmory
He'll PP stall your Suicune and he's better than CZ.
No horsey keys in May or June - he'll do it for the lads
And when he beats down Hclat we're gonna sing and dance

Pre chorus:
He will 6-0
He will 6-0
He will win them all
He will 6-0
He will 6-0
He will win them all

Chorus:
Dante's on fire
(C'mon)

Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da (x4)

Your ADV is terrified
(C'mon!)

Outro:
Callous: "Triangles here switches to his Blissey on the Starmie's Hydro Pump. That's a very sensible play. I am still better. Did you know I'm married?"

Last edited:

Corazan

Crystal
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Yea absolutely no surprise with France's Lineup as usual, no offense at all, and not to mention the absolute direspect for the whole french community
with the "its not about to change, no" like if the LU was already planned since wcop 2018 ended, not even waiting for the signups, its automatic now.
At this point we should just create another team France and let them play and having fun on their side, half the team are not playing pokemon anymore.
They are probably still one of the strongest team but I cant wait to see when will end the Kingpin era, when this new breath will come, just by curiosity.
I have nothing against each players, all are good person, but it seems no one has the guts to say anything so Im taking this risk.
Peace (n lovés).

In the world cup, as in life, the UK is clearly the greatest nation to ever be.

see this motherfucker right here?

Know him?

That's George mufukin BEST, as in: BEST to ever fuckin do it, BEST at catching hoes n BEST winger of all time.

Ken that Pele cunt folk always say is the GOAT? Pele called this guy the greatest to ever do it.

"If you'd given me the choice of going out and beating four men and smashing a goal in from thirty yards against Liverpool or going to bed with Miss World, it would have been a difficult choice. Luckily, I had both." - George Best

If that aint a MF fleckxcks idk what is.

Anyway, this colossal dick swinging behemoth was born and raised in the United Kingdom, standing as a perfect example of how POWERFUL this nation is, and U know what? It just so happens that the living embodiment of this boy In mind dick size and image Is playing for the UK this year in the ruby, sapphire and emerald slot of the smogon world cup of pokemon. A slightly different foray for the spirit of a legendary footballer but hey, the world just works that way.
Of course I'm talking about none other than Dante 'Triangles' RSE, the guy that brought medicham to his second tour game, endlessly clicked endeavour with swampert and unleashed bellyzard upon the world.

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - GB, but probably also Dante

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)