The World Cup of Pokémon 2019 - Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
When they reject Caribbeans because players from there can already play in LatAm, but they allow Netherlands and then Europe's roster has 6 dutchies in @_@

(e: I've been notified that the reason Caribbeans have been rejected is because they'd be a group of countries splitting off from a region, rather than a single country. I guess the reasoning is coherent then, but the rule itself doesn't make much sense to me)

Obviously stuff is not going to change now but imo for next year either don't allow any unteams from regions of dubious quality, or allow all of them and let play-ins decide if they deserve to exist. And maybe if you're doing that allow the big regions to submit B teams as well, that way the poor french men who get oppressed by Ojama's tyranny get chances to prove their worth and I get to play another teamtour with hellpowna which is always a pleasure

But maybe I should take this to tournament policy threads
I don't disagree with this at all. I don't think the policy makes a ton of sense. However, when I brought it up, I was told that the Caribbeans didn't actually apply? Or at least, not all TDs are on the same page as to their attempt to play. So I do not think it was appropriately debated.

I think last year's fix to the US was a good step, but there are some weird issues with eligibility and who exactly can or does play for which country. FIFA rules would be the simplest, in my opinion, but if we allow Europe I think there is no reason not to allow the Caribbean.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
If we're talking WCOP alternatives, I would love to see an exhibition-style "USA vs The World" tournament and I've been thinking a lot about it lately so let me give a brief rundown. I think the USA makes up such a massive portion of Smogon's userbase that even giving it 4 teams isn't nerfing its power hard enough, as can clearly be seen with East winning every year, West routinely going deep in playoffs, etc. Meanwhile the rest of the world has to compete within their fractured communities, none of which have been particularly threatening in the last half decade - and this is no fault of the regions themselves, the population distribution problem is just absurdly difficult to overcome. So why not embrace the fact that WCOP is never going to be a fair tournament and instead see what everyone really wants: the best players in the world, in their best tiers, battling for supremacy.

Format: 10 vs 10, but each individual matchup is a best of three. 4 SM / 1 ORAS / 1 BW / 1 DPP / 1 ADV / 1 GSC / 1 RBY. Both teams field a roster of 10 players + 2 substitutes. Subs are highly restricted to avoid teams using them maliciously (e.g. you've spent all week prepping for an opponent who knows he's going to be subbed out at the last minute). There is one Team Captain who sets the roster and determines substitutions if necessary. The Captain is also a player and counts as a roster slot, though he could be a starter or a substitute. Tiebreaks would be handled as usual, 1 SM + each team picks 1 tier, except there's no seeding so teams would submit simultaneously to a neutral party. Even if they pick the same tier it's fine, most of the top dogs are going to be versatile so it wouldn't impact the quality much.

Setup: The hardest part will be deciding who gets to be Captain for each team, since they basically determine everything about their team and we all know how people like to favor their friends on this website. I'm sure everyone has an idea of familiar faces, I would personally support BKC for USA and Ojama for The World but it's up for debate. I would definitely support letting the TDs decide as well since there's a fair split and they would want to pick the best candidate since they're representing their team.

Incentives: Now obviously people are going to need a reason to play this beyond fun and pride, we all know how unmotivated even some of the top players can be, not to mention the attitude going around that only trophy tours are worth investing time into. However it's also unfair to the people who aren't playing this (99.9% of Smogon) to make it a trophy tour since it's extremely exclusive, way more so than your WCOP/Snake/SPLs. Therefore I think some combination of ribbons/profile banners/cash prize would be appropriate. Another idea is mailing out actual trophies, I know this takes time and effort not to mention covering shipping costs, but I think it holds significant sentimental value and makes the achievement feel more real.

Other considerations: I didn't include lower tiers because, personal beliefs about the quality of competition compared to old gens aside, I wanted to style things after WCOP. Also, I'm not saying that a non-USA team couldn't win this year, I actually have high hopes for several of them, and maybe this post is a bit premature in that sense because we've yet to see how it goes, but I do want to see an exhibition like this independent of whatever is happening in WCOP. For roster selection I really considered a public poll but there's too great a possibility of people trying to sabotage the opposing team or just voting in randoms or meme players for a laugh. I understand the problems with having one person select the entire team, and there will undoubtedly be people who feel they were left out unfairly and plenty of hurt feelings to go around, but I don't see a better alternative. If you think the USA team would be 90% East...well, you're probably right. But I think The World's team would be way more interesting, I won't go so far as to construct my own theoretical rosters but you can imagine it for yourself. Seeing all those huge names relegated to a prelims or quarterfinals exit every year just kills me, this "super-team" would give them all a chance to shine.

That's it for my preliminary thoughts, maybe this isn't the right place or time but it's been on my mind constantly and I think it would make for quite a competitive and entertaining spectacle.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
If we're talking WCOP alternatives, I would love to see an exhibition-style "USA vs The World" tournament and I've been thinking a lot about it lately so let me give a brief rundown. I think the USA makes up such a massive portion of Smogon's userbase that even giving it 4 teams isn't nerfing its power hard enough, as can clearly be seen with East winning every year, West routinely going deep in playoffs, etc. Meanwhile the rest of the world has to compete within their fractured communities, none of which have been particularly threatening in the last half decade - and this is no fault of the regions themselves, the population distribution problem is just absurdly difficult to overcome. So why not embrace the fact that WCOP is never going to be a fair tournament and instead see what everyone really wants: the best players in the world, in their best tiers, battling for supremacy.

Format: 10 vs 10, but each individual matchup is a best of three. 4 SM / 1 ORAS / 1 BW / 1 DPP / 1 ADV / 1 GSC / 1 RBY. Both teams field a roster of 10 players + 2 substitutes. Subs are highly restricted to avoid teams using them maliciously (e.g. you've spent all week prepping for an opponent who knows he's going to be subbed out at the last minute). There is one Team Captain who sets the roster and determines substitutions if necessary. The Captain is also a player and counts as a roster slot, though he could be a starter or a substitute. Tiebreaks would be handled as usual, 1 SM + each team picks 1 tier, except there's no seeding so teams would submit simultaneously to a neutral party. Even if they pick the same tier it's fine, most of the top dogs are going to be versatile so it wouldn't impact the quality much.

Setup: The hardest part will be deciding who gets to be Captain for each team, since they basically determine everything about their team and we all know how people like to favor their friends on this website. I'm sure everyone has an idea of familiar faces, I would personally support BKC for USA and Ojama for The World but it's up for debate. I would definitely support letting the TDs decide as well since there's a fair split and they would want to pick the best candidate since they're representing their team.

Incentives: Now obviously people are going to need a reason to play this beyond fun and pride, we all know how unmotivated even some of the top players can be, not to mention the attitude going around that only trophy tours are worth investing time into. However it's also unfair to the people who aren't playing this (99.9% of Smogon) to make it a trophy tour since it's extremely exclusive, way more so than your WCOP/Snake/SPLs. Therefore I think some combination of ribbons/profile banners/cash prize would be appropriate. Another idea is mailing out actual trophies, I know this takes time and effort not to mention covering shipping costs, but I think it holds significant sentimental value and makes the achievement feel more real.

Other considerations: I didn't include lower tiers because, personal beliefs about the quality of competition compared to old gens aside, I wanted to style things after WCOP. Also, I'm not saying that a non-USA team couldn't win this year, I actually have high hopes for several of them, and maybe this post is a bit premature in that sense because we've yet to see how it goes, but I do want to see an exhibition like this independent of whatever is happening in WCOP. For roster selection I really considered a public poll but there's too great a possibility of people trying to sabotage the opposing team or just voting in randoms or meme players for a laugh. I understand the problems with having one person select the entire team, and there will undoubtedly be people who feel they were left out unfairly and plenty of hurt feelings to go around, but I don't see a better alternative. If you think the USA team would be 90% East...well, you're probably right. But I think The World's team would be way more interesting, I won't go so far as to construct my own theoretical rosters but you can imagine it for yourself. Seeing all those huge names relegated to a prelims or quarterfinals exit every year just kills me, this "super-team" would give them all a chance to shine.

That's it for my preliminary thoughts, maybe this isn't the right place or time but it's been on my mind constantly and I think it would make for quite a competitive and entertaining spectacle.
This would be a cool format for an exhibition tournament, which is something we don't get much of at all nowadays. I think a lot of top players would be down to have tournaments with less at stake where the focus is just giving a good show, and this would be one good format for that.

Since we're talking about alternative tournament ideas which we have been thinking about a lot, let me share some other ideas I had, specifically regarding lower levels of play: WCoP could be split into smaller divisions (probably 1-8 / 9-16 / 17-24) with promotion/relegation, so that the dominant teams don't have to waste time playing less good ones, and the smaller teams have something concrete to aim for, fixing the problem of "it's just the East show every year why bother", as well as allowing space for the aforementioned idea of B-teams. SPL could have a separate tournament with SPL format, but using the undrafted players and less proven managers, so that aspiring managers can prove their worth in real tournaments rather than hoping to gather enough clout to get picked, and players who weren't deemed to be good enough for SPL can show up and prove they're above lesser competition -- sort of like the farm leagues that were running a while back, but less shit, because they actually introduce players and managers to the SPL format and apply a second filter to the level of competition, rather than being a handful of individual games against opposition of any level. Snake could have a similar equivalent too. And yes, sure, "who cares about randoms lmao", but there's an actual sea of randoms waiting for their chance to shine, and giving them such chances is - imo - the way to go to encourage community growth; at the moment we really don't do a good job with this, people pretty much have to hope for legendary runs in individuals and maybe use the annual roapl type of tours which in my opinion are just not enough

Last edited:
I've been toying with the idea of a New vs Old world type of tournament myself and the discord stours server has fanboy'd over this idea for quite some time. I'm personally a big fan.

Incentives: Another idea is mailing out actual trophies, I know this takes time and effort not to mention covering shipping costs, but I think it holds significant sentimental value and makes the achievement feel more real.
If the idea does indeed fly, I wouldn't mind 3D printing a set of 12 trophies to be sent to the winners, provided i get support from the community as to the design of the trophy.

Last edited:

Thor

The Most Wanted
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor
This would be a cool format for an exhibition tournament, which is something we don't get much of at all nowadays. I think a lot of top players would be down to have tournaments with less at stake where the focus is just giving a good show, and this would be one good format for that.

Since we're talking about alternative tournament ideas which we have been thinking about a lot, let me share some other ideas I had, specifically regarding lower levels of play: WCoP could be split into smaller divisions (probably 1-8 / 9-16 / 17-24) with promotion/relegation, so that the dominant teams don't have to waste time playing less good ones, and the smaller teams have something concrete to aim for, fixing the problem of "it's just the East show every year why bother", as well as allowing space for the aforementioned idea of B-teams. SPL could have a separate tournament with SPL format, but using the undrafted players and less proven managers, so that aspiring managers can prove their worth in real tournaments rather than hoping to gather enough clout to get picked, and players who weren't deemed to be good enough for SPL can show up and prove they're above lesser competition -- sort of like the farm leagues that were running a while back, but less shit, because they actually introduce players and managers to the SPL format and apply a second filter to the level of competition, rather than being a handful of individual games against opposition of any level. Snake could have a similar equivalent too. And yes, sure, "who cares about randoms lmao", but there's an actual sea of randoms waiting for their chance to shine, and giving them such chances is - imo - the way to go to encourage community growth; at the moment we really don't do a good job with this, people pretty much have to hope for legendary runs in individuals and maybe use the annual roapl type of tours which in my opinion are just not enough
Totally agree, I shared this idea before but I received 0 results, good luck trying this time

Edit with the document:

Smogon Promises Premier League or Smogon Rising Stars

( New Project)

What's Smogon Promises Premier League (SPPL)?

Its a new team tournament idea based on the format of SPL. This idea came after we saw this SPL edition, and to be fair, we observed that a lot of players who got buy’d in the auction were players known to be playing the SPL each year (with some exception of course). This means that (and based on the signups data) 300 players didn’t have the chance to play one of the most prestigious tournaments on smogon, and we’re extremely adamant that a lot of those players have the quality and the level to compete in the Smogon premier league.

This means (in our opinion) that each SPL, Smogon is losing almost 300 of users to be exploited. In the past, the Smogon community had a lot of discussions about the tournament scene on this forum, and the fact that new commers didn’t feel welcomed on this tournaments as they are simply rejected for being “news” and “bad” or “not to be considered”. This makes us believe that something has to be done, because the fact that 300+ players are not contributing to Smogon (it’s not they are not contributing ; hey actually cannot because of how team tournaments works) is sad and at the same time scary.

One point we wanted to discuss is the fact that right now OUPL is going on. We understand that this tournament can be a good way for newers to step on the tournament scene and try to impress managers/capitains so in the future they buy/draft them. But, and we can prove it if anything, we are all aware that OUPL doesnt work like that. The majority of people that get buy’d are well known players from the SPL scene, and the rest are players that are known by winning less known and prestigious tournaments (RoA, constantly ladder peaking unofficial tournaments, etc.), like per example the Driftveil City Demons, with this currently line up :

- The Hallows, p2, talah, Santu, Mix, H.M.N.I.P, Teclis, BKC.

We can observe that they have literally 0 non-known players, which is impressive (we do understand that the objective of OUPL is to win it, but the lack of new players is literally deadly). This is why we want to create a tournament that can give those players a big chance to shine on the tournament scene, while at the same time giving them a feel of contributing on Smogon and not being rejected.

Format:
- Same as SPL, 10 teams, 12 tiers.

- The golden rule : all players that participated on 70% of games in SPL cannot join this tournament. Those players can actually signup as managers.

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Since people are actually discussing this in a serious way and not just as memes...

In general, multi-country regions are a thing we're trying to phase out as much as possible in WCOP. They're really hard to define, and more often than not are just slapped together as excuses to create a slightly stronger team because a country on its own isn't able to field a competitive enough roster. While there are some historic examples of such teams being allowed in WCOP, most of them date back to when we had a way more laissez faire approach to eligibility and qualifications. They especially don't make sense when we have continental teams that already exist as a net to cover all the excluded regions. Hence Afrabs, a pan-continental team covering countries in Asia, Europe and Africa, wasn't allowed, but a Team Africa would have been, and Benelux was told no but Team Netherlands was given the nod.

So by that reasoning, GB was entirely right to say that Team Caribbean shouldn't be considered, as it is currently a multi-country subset of LA. If, say, Team Barbados wanted to form, that would be fine, but Team Caribbean wouldn't.

In this specific scenario I kind of disagree, though. Latin America is a weird case because it's not actually a continental team, as it covers regions of North and South America as well as the Caribbean islands. I think that in and of itself is inconsistent with how we handle eligibility elsewhere; it would be like lumping in African nations with Team Asia or Team Europe just to have somewhere to put them. The argument I've heard is that Team Latin America consists of North and South American countries with a culturally Latin American tradition, but if that's the case, a pretty sizable chunk of the Caribbean actually doesn't meet that definition (and anyhow we abandoned cultural eligibility three WCOPs ago). If we're really being consistent, then probably what needs to happen would be to chop LA up into Team South America, Team Central America and Team Caribbean Islands (or possibly lump Central America and Caribbean Islands together, which at least makes some geographical sense). But that's a pretty drastic action that would have major repercussions for LA, and not something I would want to do without a lot of serious discussion.

But if it happened organically, and Team Central America or Team Caribbean Islands independently developed their own teams... yeah, I'd personally support that, I think. It might be inconsistent with the "no new multi-country regions" rule, but since LA already kind of breaks our rules and that would move us toward bringing LA in line with other continental regions, I personally think that would be worth it.

Also I'm very much in the minority among TDs on this, but I actually think the qualifiers are my favorite part of WCOP and love seeing the random scrappy new teams, so I think bigger qualifiers with more new teams would be a feature, not a bug.

And re: a USA v The World expo, hit me up... I bet we could make something happen.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hogg most of what you've written above is sensible, and I can't argue with it too much. I do have some reservations still about the "catch-all" teams, though, and I wish they were reformed along with the USA teams last year. I find it laughable that all of India, China and Asia are competing in this tournament. It makes close to no sense, particularly with the majority of the players on the catch-all Asia team (as far as I know) ineligible under our current rules if they were not grandfathered.

Now, as the architect of the grandfather policy, this might sound ironic but I think the reforms from last year went well enough that there might not be dramatic pushback if a similar policy were enacted for these catch-all teams (really just LA, Asia and Europe). However, I'll admit that I come from a privileged position in this regard - I'll ALWAYS have a reasonable WCOP team to play on (whether that was West, Australia, Metro or NE - hell of a few years for me) and some notable, active tournament players would likely not be able to field a team at all with FIFA rules. So I'll defer to the TD team in that case, just want to note that I do indeed find the existence of these teams quite strange.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
This was a pretty fun thing we did once.

In general, multi-country regions are a thing we're trying to phase out as much as possible in WCOP.
I disagree with this completely.

Firstly, if you did this for most countries there is no way they could make a team. Even if you made it all current gen OU..

I think having a diversity of quality at the world cup is a good thing. The tournament already breaks into three stages, and different teams are playing with different objectives. Eg. a team like Barbados might be playing to qualify, a team like the Caribbean might play to make the playoffs and a team like LA might play to win the whole thing.

And being too obsessed with clear rules for the boundaries of teams is pointless. Its really just a fun way for people to build a team, rather than just being arbitrarily drafted.

My vote is anyone who can build a team that has some regional logic (eg. the Malawi + Belarus team had better have some serious historical/cultural justification) should be allowed to .

Updated Kanto

Banned deucer.
I was reading shakes wcop power rankings the other day and decided to make my own unbiased ORAS OU rankings after all the rosters were submitted using the same tier system thing. PS I decided to only use the oras players from Shake's top 16 so sorry new teams

ORAS OU Rankings

This one is pretty obvious, Blunder had a stellar performance in SPL and what he did in SM could have been done in ORAS if he had stayed in that tier. However he is not in a tier by himself because i believe that there is a skill cap and when you're good you just stay good and there are 2 others in this field who along with blunder have also reached that cap. Only exception to this rule is xtra and marcop2283
So apparently xray is now called the calculator ? well im no mathematician but if im doing my calculations correct xray is one of the top ORAS players who has remained true to his roots. He can take a game from any of these other 2 in tier 1 and would be heavily favored against anyone below overall a strong mainstay of the oras ou generation.
poek had a strong run in SPL but has less support in creativity in the WCoP losing CTC and Blundo but still having solid support in Trosko and SoulWind to make sure he doesn't bring poop teams. I think he's matched with blunder and xray evenly but they have will have the upper edge when it comes to teams if they were to face each other.

The fallen hero and what would have been my biased first pick if these rankings were not biased. Nintendi used to rule the oras tier with an iron fist going back to the NJNP OST and then continuing into his first wcop, even before he became a big namesay he was always an under the radar player as nintendisgamer. He's done bad in snake and i dont even know if he played last spl but if he did he definitely did not play ORAS OU at least not for the whole tournament, and it's gonna take more than a bad run to put him lower on this list when he's such a cemented god in the tier only rivaled by xtra's cemented godship in rby gsc adv dpp bw oras and sm ou.
Another well known name, FV is pretty good definitely a name that you can expect to put up a good fight, not necessarily to win all the time tho. It's also been a while since he's played in ORAS so his lack of recent playing the tier puts him in a position where yes he is a good player but might need time to adjust a bit.
Star was poppin off right before his ban which was so long ago that i dont remember when that was but i hear he still plays actively which means he probably hasn't gotten any worse and has amazing support in NE so its heavily possible that as this tour goes on Star could get better and shuld NE make finals Star will probably be tier 1.
I don't know much about EO in ORAS, I know he's solid in SM but I think he'll adapt fine and is definitely better than the people below this lol.

Ima hasn't seen much success but he's got a ton of potential seeing as he's from the Singer Shrine (group dedicated to xtra), It's only a matter of time before he gets his turn at being the best like xtra and some of his other students, but its hard to see him beating anyone above him and facing anyone below him it's not like he has an absurdly high chance to win either FOR NOW.
Santu was poor in SPL making his only good results be from last years wcop where he was alright I guess, not really expecting much except for maybe weird italian teams to carry him over the lesser experienced.
False has more experience than any of the guys here which makes it a good thing if you think in terms of who can beat who in this tier alone but bad if you think about how having way more experience than any of the guys should be putting u up to not even be in the same category as these guys. I wish to see False succeed but ever since the game with ABR two wcops ago where he double switched constantly to make sure he was always in a bad position I just haven't seen him do anything else.
Rick showed some promise last wcop when he beat axel10 which prompted him to be picked up in SPL where he did not show the same promise, as someone who has seen him after his spl games i think he just needs to get it in his head that is just pokemon and its actually not that complicated and the fact its just pokemon should be reason enough to take risks when playing.
how the fck am i supposed to rank these last 5 lol, only reason zycross is higher than the other 4 is because he's on team france and being chosen to start on that team over some other established talents by the peen but that's not enough to go any higher.
Yea IDK who this is and the only reason this person is here is because i've deduced the others are worse.
Last time I saw this guy he played praj and choked or something or maybe it was the other way around but either way my most memorable thought is a close battle with praj.pran so lol.
Once again don't know this person and as im writing these rankings have lost recollection of what team this person is even on.
Okay this one actually has some context behind it, when greece came onto the scene their new gens was really bad but their old gens was strong and for that reason i have come to the conclusion that new greek players aren't as good compared to others but its just a theory so whatever.

All in all good damn does the lower end suck butt but the top 3 will most definitely show good results and the people in the middle have a ton of potential as well. These rankings are pretty useless cuz in pools you can have someone like Blunder going 1-2 if poek and xray and nintendi are in his pool or you can see Zycross going 3-0 because he has lusa altina and savouras in his pool but after that things should begin to balance out. I don't know why I did ORAS rankings anyways since I'm going to watch the DPP matches anyways but there's nothing much to rank there besides shake being top 3 with only me and xtra above him neither of us playing in the tournament making him number one.

good luck to all remember to play fun games

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
A functioning internet connection barely existed in the Caribbean when I visited last year. The only place where I could stream an uninterrupted episode of Fairy Tale was at my expensive as hell resort. From a technical and resource standpoint, how on earth will a Caribbean Islands team compete? They’ll just lose by default via timeout. Sounds to me like the Caribbean kids who have been spamming this thread are all living in the US or another part of the developing world. Highly doubtful they’re actually living in one of the Caribbean islands unless they all come from wealthy families.

That’s truth speaking, so don’t mistake it for an insult.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I just wanted to wish some of my buds good luck. This is the first year, after 3 or 4 in a row, in which I'm not playing and I totally get it, because I haven't really been involved with the SM OU tier for a year or so. Actually, I think captains made a good choice not picking me: I truly signed up just for the lik... Ehm, to fulfil some oras/bw in case they needed it, but I was really hoping it wouldn't be necessary. I do feel like this year lineup is extremely competitive and last years we've shown we were ready to win it all. It's time to win, now. Go everyone, especially Punny, Raiza, Honor, Tricking and Troller :3

Last edited:

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
A functioning internet connection barely existed in the Caribbean when I visited last year. The only place where I could stream an uninterrupted episode of Fairy Tale was at my expensive as hell resort. From a technical and resource standpoint, how on earth will a Caribbean Islands team compete? They’ll just lose by default via timeout. Sounds to me like the Caribbean kids who have been spamming this thread are all living in the US or another part of the developing world. Highly doubtful they’re actually living in one of the Caribbean islands unless they all come from wealthy families.

To be fair though, you could say the same for Australia

Thor

The Most Wanted
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor

Nothing personal

Series of short ones here today.
UK Chant number 4: Jamvad, wherever you may be. In memory of mencemeat.
To the tune of this:

Lyrics:
Jaaamvaaad, wherever you may be
We're sad that you've found yourself a new country
It could be worse; you could have joined EU
Brexit means Brexit and we're coming for you

UK Chant number 5: Benjamin
To the tune of this

Lyrics:
Benjamin AKA The Hallows he’s our Welsh hero
He'll sac his lead and sweep your team; the score will be five-zero
6ft5 he's hard as fuck; he shags the sheep from Cardiff
He still pulls yats - he doesn't care if your bird's off the market
download (1).jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)