The World Cup of Pokémon 2020 - Qualifying Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Well, at least the Africans understand they're trash now.
Close, but you need to move "now" to before "the". The way you have it now, you suggest that the Africans have become unviable after this game, and understand it. When you make it "at least now the...", then you say what you meant, which is that the Africans have been unviable and understand it now.

Edit: Since there's occasionally discussion of substance in this thread, I'll add my thoughts. I couldn't care less about Shake calling people unviable, I just think going after the English grammar of people who speak it as a second or tertiary language is low-hanging fruit.

Last edited:
i was incredibly toxic and rude to the community during SPL but because i'm part of the lgbt clique i can cast judgement on those i don't deem PC enough.
if we want to discuss holier than thou... let's look at your own post? as yeezy sniped me to it you were incredibly toxic during spl (and much before that too; should we discuss all the people who have canceled their friendships with you?), but here you are preaching about how people should be behave when you're no better. i don't have an issue with crux's post but you chiming in is pretty golden considering how awful of a user you are
you guys are right. my behavior during SPL was a part of the toxicity i have a problem with in this community (minus the blatant bigotry and literal harassment). i still shitpost and joke around, but since SPL, i have tried to not attack people personally. the only negative behavior i've engaged in that i can think of since the middle of SPL is when i made fun of mcmeghan for his seeding thread.

it's almost as if things can happen in my personal life (read: not on a stupid pokemon forum) to make me realize that being mean to people online for no fucking reason is not cool.

i don't think i'm getting on a high horse or acting holier than thou for calling out this behavior when i see it. what i regret just as much as my negative behavior during SPL is not sufficiently calling out these genuinely hateful ideas, beliefs, and practices i've seen within our community for years. i care about the community, and i think the way to get rid of this negative behavior is to just stop associating with the damn people that engage in it so often. i'm not saying to end all your friendships, but if you have certain friends who constantly make bigoted and harmful comments or go out of their way to incessantly harass people with no remorse and no desire to change or grow, maybe it's time to stop supporting those people by giving them both direct and indirect power and influence in this community.

i understand that i did not have the best reputation in the world prior to SPL, and SPL made that reputation a lot worse. i don't think me being an ass during SPL detracts from my grievances regarding the bigots in this community and the people who remain supportive of them time after time, all because they are good pokemon players? speaking of,
You may be lacking in pokemon skill but you certainly have mastered the skill of turning totally irrelevant topics into lgbtq+ debates. At least shake is able to talk about pokemon in the world cup of pokemon thread.
man ABR, i really gave you the benefit of the doubt for a long time. i thought the whole "grey is gay" thing that happened recently was blown way out of proportion, and i thought you had grown from your past bigotry that i witnessed back in the day in BOF. it's clear that you haven't grown much at all during the time i've known you. i am disappointed, but i'm not surprised.

ima

Take me to your leader
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
It seems like none of you understand what the tournament “World Cup of Pokemon” really is. After seeing the constant drama and namecalling, its clear you guys don’t know the reason why this tournament is run every year. This website brings many different people from many different places all around the world. To see everyone FLAMING AND ARGUING WITH EACH OTHER makes me sick to the bone. This tournament is supposed to bring everyone together. To make new friends and meet new people along the way. There are people who only play this game for this tournament. That’s because they love the people they play with and they love pokemon as a whole. Why are you going to ruin that love and passion for them with all this mess in the thread? Do you think RaiyanGotNo3DS would be proud of any of you here? Why are we being mean to each other during a pandemic?? There is one thing in common everyone in this thread has. We love pokemon. At least, we love it to the point where we’ve made Smogon accounts. Lets share that interest with one another and remove the hatred from this thread that already exceeds 7 pages full of toxicity. Look, I may have the vocabulary of a 10 year old but it doesn’t take anyone older to know anything about peace. Lets all watch these games together. Good or bad lets watch how they battle for their country and friends.

ILoveMilk

Banned deucer.
you guys are right. my behavior during SPL was a part of the toxicity i have a problem with in this community (minus the blatant bigotry and literal harassment). i still shitpost and joke around, but since SPL, i have tried to not attack people personally. the only negative behavior i've engaged in that i can think of since the middle of SPL is when i made fun of mcmeghan for his seeding thread.

it's almost as if things can happen in my personal life (read: not on a stupid pokemon forum) to make me realize that being mean to people online for no fucking reason is not cool.

i don't think i'm getting on a high horse or acting holier than thou for calling out this behavior when i see it. what i regret just as much as my negative behavior during SPL is not sufficiently calling out these genuinely hateful ideas, beliefs, and practices i've seen within our community for years. i care about the community, and i think the way to get rid of this negative behavior is to just stop associating with the damn people that engage in it so often. i'm not saying to end all your friendships, but if you have certain friends who constantly make bigoted and harmful comments or go out of their way to incessantly harass people with no remorse and no desire to change or grow, maybe it's time to stop supporting those people by giving them both direct and indirect power and influence in this community.

i understand that i did not have the best reputation in the world prior to SPL, and SPL made that reputation a lot worse. i don't think me being an ass during SPL detracts from my grievances regarding the bigots in this community and the people who remain supportive of them time after time, all because they are good pokemon players? speaking of,
man ABR, i really gave you the benefit of the doubt for a long time. i thought the whole "grey is gay" thing that happened recently was blown way out of proportion, and i thought you had grown from your past bigotry that i witnessed back in the day in BOF. it's clear that you haven't grown much at all during the time i've known you. i am disappointed, but i'm not surprised.
No one asked

Close, but you need to move "now" to before "the". The way you have it now, you suggest that the Africans have become unviable after this game, and understand it. When you make it "at least now the...", then you say what you meant, which is that the Africans have been unviable and understand it now.

Edit: Since there's occasionally discussion of substance in this thread, I'll add my thoughts. I couldn't care less about Shake calling people unviable, I just think going after the English grammar of people who speak it as a second or tertiary language is low-hanging fruit.
I will respect you on a personal level, because I know that in the end, you only try to have fun at someone else's expense, although with doubtful taste. On the other hand, I would appreciate it if you would stop considering yourself a friend of mine. Greetings, I hope you reconsider and do not do it again.

This is embarassing! I remind you that the quote thread isn't for attacking other people, let's see if you mature, I think it's time guys! Less talking about fat people and go to the gym! At least you'll cease to be shitty fats and thins and you will get to go outside to hunt girls, unless you're gay right..... Xd the point is this! Even staff members take advantage to attack and humilliate, without success, but they try to... on the other hand there should be more control, because otherwise I'll start to insult, humilliate and whatnot every gay, fat or? unhappy xd

One last thing before I leave you all to react with disdain, ridicule, and self-righteous fervor, before you do everything in your power to minimize my words and thoughts, box them up and shove them to some cobwebbed corner of your memory, and hope they disappear forever as a stain on your finite time ground to dust. From this moment on, nothing you say matters to me. The foulest insults you hurl with intent to wound will calmly settle at the earth before my feet, and the venom you spit will bring all the pain of a warm summer breeze. You are less than anything you can conceive, while I carry on, brimming with joy distilled from detachment.

p2

Banned deucer.
i DR11P it W11TH daa B00ts and Catzz DIS --TSUUNAMI- nAGGAnadel is Own1ing all U PUSSIOs likE DA CEERAL i k3EP IT hunnA BR00 u all HATT1n on a RN --TSUUNAMI- d00nt L3T DEM boyzz Get u d0wnn DEY puss1ES bruuvverER fr0mm ANOOOTHER moth ER MY G i fEEL Fr33! l33T yo00ur w1nGS S0ar in da sSKY l1ke STEALEEGLE16!! Thr00w DEM GUUNZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)