The World Cup of Pokémon X - Round 1 (Read Post #800)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost to reiku, gg.

I'm going to help my team for their remaining matches. But it really was a mistake for me to play this tier. Team building for it has been absolute shit and tiresome and the matches aren't decided by who plays better. I'm not quitting, I just think it's a waste to have me there when I don't even want to put effort into building teams!

What's going on with Shake ? He missed our scheduled time today and doesn't seem to rly care about his matches. Can he get subbed out pls?

Reactions: pj
It's not about the community. The point of playing this game is to enjoy it and have fun. Using cheap ass shit like Baton Pass just shows you're shit and you can't win a game with skill. Instead, you rely on match up and autopiloting your way through.

No wonder this nigga isn't active on the forum anymore. He decided to quit on a high after he won tournaments when the community consisted of a total maximum of 23 users, 6 of them were part of the wi-fi community. He had exactly 7 people competing with him for glory.
lol "23 users"....the irony is that comment, to show your superiority, shows just little history you do know. That's a huge insult to the community back then.

During those "tournaments" I went against some of the best players of all time IN THEIR PRIMES like goofball, Hipmonlee, husk, Cloud9x, McGraw, gene/g80, chaos, Picollo, MrE, Jumpman, Celia, Giga Punch, MoP, Loki, imperfectluck.....players that you look up to like gods here. You had the old-school RBYers/GSCers that had been grinding for years on IRC. You had the aggro Germans popularize their explosion teams which is what 90% of newer players only know to use in GSC nowadays. You had IRC vs Netbattle, Smogon vs the rest of the world. Pokemon back then was no less competitive than it is now, maybe more because there were only 3 metagames in existence.

But conjecture isn't enough so how about some hard numbers on "playing with skill"....went 41-6 in ADV games during smogon tours 1-5, a That's back when ADV was actually the newest metagame. Number of times I used in Baton Pass in those games: NONE. But of course you wouldn't know about that because you joined in 2012, right?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-battlers-of-smogon-tours-updated-with-seasons-1-5.59886/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)