The World Cup of Pokémon XI - Round 1 (Read post #402)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal was busy working so he couldn't contact properly (Also, I was online all day yesterday and nobody from USA East contacted me to inform me about Tobes schedule), and Tobes or someone from USA East told him Tobes was able today at 20.00 GMT +2 so he already scheduled for play at that time because it was the only one Tobes could play.

Also, according to your own pic, it was Tobes who refused to play Crystal two days ago.

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
I'll do my predictions while then :)

oras
TDK vs Boudouche
TDK vs Cosine180
boudouche vs Cosine180
reiku
vs minakamiyuki
urban vs mack bus
PDC vs TheEnder
TheEnder
vs Genesis7
Welli0u vs deej
Ren-chon vs Calloflochie
Calloflochie vs Tricking
Stathakis
vs Axel10
Stathakis vs Alexander
Laurel vs Snowy
ben gay
vs TadaRinri
Reymedy vs Sakis
Valentine vs Pokemaniac Livio
lighthouses vs mencemeat
Mounts
vs Enki

bw
reyscarface vs Tokyo Tom
KratosMana vs BKC
Bluri vs Evuelf
Smurf
. vs Veni Vidi Vici

dpp

august vs George182
Cased vs Scimjara
Cased vs Malekith
Cased
vs Void
babidi1998 vs rain.
Luigi. vs Rain.
Sweepage vs McMeghan

adv

Mael vs Astamatitos
M Dragon
vs CZ.
M Dragon vs Golden Sun
CZ. vs Golden Sun
dekzeh vs JabbaTheGriffin
Kingler12345 vs JabbaTheGriffin

gsc

HJAD vs d0nut

rby
Tobes vs Crystal_

good luck to you all guys, looking foward to seeing all those matches :)

SPORCOPIUDENCESSO used Will-O-Wisp!
The opposing Scizor avoided the attack!

The opposing Scizor used Bug Bite!
SPORCOPIUDENCESSO lost 49% of its health!
The opposing Scizor lost some of its HP!

SPORCOPIUDENCESSO fainted!

smurfer won the battle!
★smurfer: GG noob
★veni vidi victini: lol
★veni vidi victini: u srs
★veni vidi victini: shame
★veni vidi victini: on you

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Asia should have three matches remaining according to M Dragon's spreadsheet. I only see Kingler vs. Jabba from that list above.

What am I missing?

Crystal was busy working so he couldn't contact properly (Also, I was online all day yesterday and nobody from USA East contacted me to inform me about Tobes schedule), and Tobes or someone from USA East told him Tobes was able today at 20.00 GMT +2 so he already scheduled for play at that time because it was the only one Tobes could play.

Also, according to your own pic, it was Tobes who refused to play Crystal two days ago.
1) I never said any such thing, and I very much doubt anyone on East did either.
2) Crystal_ couldn't even log on for a minute to alert me that he wouldn't be able to play? Not even a simple VM from his phone?

And please reread the conversation. Even though I wasn't able to play at that specific point in time on Wednesday, I was still attempting to make myself available. I went so far as to cancel plans to ensure that I was available all of yesterday as well, specifically because Crystal_ did not give a concrete time to play on (or even respond at all). I detest activity claims, but I have not put an untoward amount of effort into making this match happen.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
1) I never said any such thing, and I very much doubt anyone on East did either.
2) Crystal_ couldn't even log on for a minute to alert me that he wouldn't be able to play? Not even a simple VM from his phone?

And please reread the conversation. Even though I wasn't able to play at that specific point in time on Wednesday, I was still attempting to make myself available. I went so far as to cancel plans to ensure that I was available all of yesterday as well, specifically because Crystal_ did not give a concrete time to play on (or even respond at all). I detest activity claims, but I have not put an untoward amount of effort into making this match happen.
Crystal_ was not able to battle on Friday (in the same way you could not battle on Wednesday) and you never said anything to him or to team Spain Captain of you not being able to play on Saturday, so I would suggest you to try playing today or Us East to sub someone in.
I would understand an activity claim if you had noticed someone of team Spain that you would not be able to play in Sat, but since you didnt, there is no way you are getting an activity win.

Note that I will not make any official call about this case since Im obv biased (my team is involved), but your claim for an activity win is just stupid.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Tobes has been on. Crystal is MIA. Mdragon wants us to sub.

1) whose stupid?
2) I don't rlly think you guys want us to sub Tobes, his sub is Nails who is self proclaimed the best RBY player this tournament with luck that rivals even the strongest of France

And mdragon, the whole point of your post is Tobes lack of communication which was STILL more than Crystal. Take a lap

Crystal was busy working so he couldn't contact properly
This might be the dumbest statement I've ever seen. Are you seriously trying to convince us that Crystal_ was too busy to take less than a minute out of his day to reply to a VM, even though he clearly had internet access and was able to log on to the site yesterday? Not to mention, he also could have easily replied on Thursday. I understand you want to support your player, but at least attempt to make your argument sound believable, lol.

Last edited:
Crystal_ was not able to battle on Friday (in the same way you could not battle on Wednesday) and you never said anything to him or to team Spain Captain of you not being able to play on Saturday, so I would suggest you to try playing today or Us East to sub someone in.
I wonder why no one on our team knew Crystal_ couldn't play on Friday. Oh I know why... It's because he never replied to Tobes's VM in the past two days. Your player has blatantly refused to reply to his opponent in the past two days; acting like Crystal_ is in the right is absolutely ludicrous. A double sub should be the only thing even remotely considered in this situation outside of an activity win for Tobes, as Crystal_ has clearly displayed a lack of willingness to schedule with his opponent.

This might be the dumbest statement I've ever seen. Are you seriously trying to convince us that Crystal_ was too busy to take less than a minute out of his day to reply to a VM, even though he clearly had internet access and was able to log on to the site yesterday? Not to mention, he also could have easily replied on Thursday. I understand you want to support your player, but at least attempt to make your argument sound believable, lol.
Some works and situations can make that possible, yes. Also, Tobes didn't say Crystal he couldn't play today. He said in that message you posted ''I can make me available for Friday''. I've searched where he said he couldn't play today, didn't find it. Nobody knew Tobes couldn't play today until you said that today at 4.00 am Spanish time.

It's not our fault that Tobes refused to play Crystal on Wednesday where they could have played. It's not our fault too that you didn't even bother to contact me or M.Dragon yesterday and instead waited and started asking for a sub at a time all Spain members are already asleep and knowing that.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Tobes has been on. Crystal is MIA. Mdragon wants us to sub.

1) whose stupid?
2) I don't rlly think you guys want us to sub Tobes, his sub is Nails who is self proclaimed the best RBY player this tournament with luck that rivals even the strongest of France

And mdragon, the whole point of your post is Tobes lack of communication which was STILL more than Crystal. Take a lap
No, I want the battle to get done.
Crystal_ is not MIA lol, he assumed battle would be done on Saturday
It was both players fault because lack of good communication.

Tobes and Crystal_ agreed to try battling on Wed. Tobes finally couldnt play and asked to play on Friday without telling anyone that he was not going to be available on Saturday, and Crystal_ did not answer to that because he was unsure if he would be able to battle on Friday (yes, Crystal_ should have answered to that).
However if you tell us yesterday about Tobes situation, we could have contacted Crystal_ to see if he could log in to battle or no, or even subbing someone in. You failed to do that and we had no idea Tobes was not able to battle on Saturday because nobody told us.
You cannot say "lol now our player is gone so we take the activity win" where there is still 1 day left. That is simply pathetic.

So yes, Crystal_ should have answered the last VM where Tobes asked if he could play on Friday, but if the game is not played it would be 100% your fault, because you only said that Tobes was not going to be able to play today until 4 AM our time, when it was too late for us to do anything about that.

I dont want you to sub Tobes out, I want the game to be played.

It was both players fault because lack of communication.

So yes, Crystal_ should have answered the last VM where Tobes asked if he could play on Friday, but if the game is not played it would be 100% your fault, because you only said that Tobes was not going to be able to play today until 4 AM our time, when it was too late for us to do anything about that.

I dont want you to sub Tobes out, I want the game to be played.
Oh I see, both players are at fault. Howvever, because your player is available on deadline day, he is automatically in the right. That is absurd; your player literally didn't acknowledge Tobes's existence the past two days and now you are acting like he has done more to get this game done than Tobes. Also why is it our responsibility to contact you; the onus is on the player to get his game done, not his team. I stand by my claim that the only thing that should even be considered outside of an activity win is is a double sub because, as you said yourself, both players are at fault.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)