The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Representation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
don't put words in shiv/jackal's mouth. They're the ones in charge, let them make the call. -_________-

And I kind of agree with husk here.

Doesn't matter, they haven't proved how good they are as such the only thing they can do is believe your word. You must consider that there is a huge difference between being top player in a small community and being one here. Besides Germany and UK have a much bigger community and have more fame around the world that's why they get their own.
Agreed but....I believe smogon don't really give big breaks to anyone. The top battlers have their places in smogon and it isn't going to change for a looong time....

Doesn't matter, they haven't proved how good they are as such the only thing they can do is believe your word. You must consider that there is a huge difference between being top player in a small community and being one here. Besides Germany and UK have a much bigger community and have more fame around the world that's why they get their own.
This might make it easier. Smogon is like the NBA... Its the best community battling wise, and your community is like a league in Europe...The Players might be the best there, but that doesnt mean it will translate here... Barganni was supposed to change the Raptors at the #1 pick, and now hes just an average/middle tier player in the NBA

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The whole point of the world cup is to find the best battlers in the world. How prestigious is the title "Best in the world" if you dont even allow every country to participate? I wanted to move in a more global direction this year, with other communities coming in too, and so far it has happened with germany in full force as well as france and brazil somewhat. It provides a great opportunity for smogon to expand its horizons beyond the same people we always battle, and if nothing else prove to these other competitive communities that we are indeed the best.

How fucking arrogant is it to tell people we are better than them, and then when they ask us to prove it we dont even let them battle!

If Italy can prove to me and shiv that they have committed battlers, and have the numbers to form a team, there is no reason we dont let them into the qualifiers. This means they all have to sign up in this topic also with Europe (Italy) as team choice.

This is the exact direction I wanted to move in, with this not being just a smogon tournament but quite literally a global tournament. Now we just need to get the legit japanese players in on this for a real team asia! [does anyone know any of them lol?]

And for all those out there who want to get this going asap, you can see why we are not rushing anything as we really want to reach out to every battler/community possible.

If there are more spaces left...

Diploman
I don't go much, but if I do it's Diploman
Oceania
I don't think anymore work for me

You don't even know our community...

Thank you, Jackal.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm gonna put my foot down and agree with everything Jackal had to said. Also for the rest of you, if your not part of the solution, don't post! It's a general rule of thumb that most of you need to learn. Last warning before I start deleting posts >:|

On a separate note, I'm quiet excited and extremely pleased with the turnouts, this is looking like its gonna be a most excellent tournament

Shoddy Battle Username: T-ROX
IRC Username (If you go on IRC): None
First Choice of Team: Europe (Italy)
Secon Choice of Team (If applicable): Italy?

Shoddy Battle Username: Phetto
Secon Choice of Team (If applicable): None

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
If Italy really wants this, I'd like one of the players to come up and PM me ASAP. I'm willing to delay the thread by a day, no more (I have it ready).

So, PM me with a list of players asap? Or even with a link to your forum where you've discussed this (hopefully?).

I'm gonna put my foot down and agree with everything Jackal had to said. Also for the rest of you, if your not part of the solution, don't post! It's a general rule of thumb that most of you need to learn. Last warning before I start deleting posts >:|

On a separate note, I'm quiet excited and extremely pleased with the turnouts, this is looking like its gonna be a most excellent tournament
Sorry, I'll take note of that.

If Italy really wants this, I'd like one of the players to come up and PM me ASAP. I'm willing to delay the thread by a day, no more (I have it ready).

So, PM me with a list of players asap? Or even with a link to your forum where you've discussed this (hopefully?).
We're preparing the list; Phetto should post it as soon as possible.

Shoddy Battle Username: _-Alexis-_

Shoddy Battle Username: Carlo

Shoddy Battle Username: greyfox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)