The XY Ubers Replays of Excellence Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Deoxys-A HO is just ridiculously good and cheap. Here's few clean and non-haxy matches to showcase that. Priority and opposing Deoxys-A HO is difficult to deal with though. These replays feature some unexpected pokemon, sets, and underrated threats.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankubersbeta-66682913
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankubersbeta-66674136
First match was pretty well played, I don't see how sweep "outplayed" you when your teams goal was to remove your teams checks/counters for a sweep in which case you removed his ogre check and proceeded to sweep. Surprise headsmash was good to see though.

Second match was eh.

Overall it does show that HO does have some place in 6th gen ubers that we completely passed off as unviable. As much as I constantly bash polop for using it, how would your team deal with mega kanga with fake out? Since momentum is so important to your team, being forced to go the 50-50 between predicting the fake out or return would put you in a bind. Either way well played

So why did your opponent throw his ekiller edgar? :[

On a related note, blaze+deo a is really good against sun teams with aegislash (most sun teams).

So why did your opponent throw his ekiller edgar? :[

On a related note, blaze+deo a is really good against sun teams with aegislash (most sun teams).
He predicted me to switch, had I switched he would have been in a good position since it would have forced me to CC with Terrakion and he could easily Sub with Ho-Oh and get his momentum back, it was worth risking for him in my opinion.

Deoxys-A HO is just ridiculously good and cheap. Here's few clean and non-haxy matches to showcase that. Priority and opposing Deoxys-A HO is difficult to deal with though. These replays feature some unexpected pokemon, sets, and underrated threats.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankubersbeta-66682913
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankubersbeta-66674136
1st replay vs sweep: sweep completely outplays you, the only reason he lost was because he relied on spd.def giratina to check kyogre, it got weakened by Xerneas moonblast and then he was promptly swept by scarf kyogre. I'd say that was more of a teambuilding issue for sweep, or you can say that scarf kyogre is very dangerous if not carefully prepared for rather than the "Deo-A HO" being amazing, considering you were pretty far behind the whole match.

2nd replay: opponent was terrible, so yea.

But I do agree that Deoxys-A is a very good pokemon, especially when built around a solid offensive team.

Last edited:
1st replay vs sweep: sweep completely outplays you, the only reason he lost was because he relied on spd.def giratina to check kyogre, it got weakened by Xerneas moonblast and then he was promptly swept by scarf kyogre. I'd say that was more of a teambuilding issue for sweep, or you can say that scarf kyogre is very dangerous if not carefully prepared for rather than the "Deo-A HO" being amazing, considering you were pretty far behind the whole match.
It doesn't matter if Orch was down by a fairly large margin, his game plan was to weaken Sweep's only ScarfOgre check and he accomplished that. Even if he had to sack the other 5 members of his team to kill Spdef Giratina you cannot count that as "outplayed." Yes, there was a teambuilding issue but if Orch successfully executed his game plan then he was not "outplayed."

It doesn't matter if Orch was down by a fairly large margin, his game plan was to weaken Sweep's only ScarfOgre check and he accomplished that. Even if he had to sack the other 5 members of his team to kill Spdef Giratina you cannot count that as "outplayed." Yes, there was a teambuilding issue but if Orch successfully executed his game plan then he was not "outplayed."
Sweep could have also sac'd Ho-Oh and go back into Hippowdon to get up the sand just so his Xerneas can set up.

I was also very cranky at the time and was not using a serious team (something that should be fairly obvious judging by how weak it is to a myriad of threats; I just slapped together 6 test Pokemon lol). I am stunned that team managed to make this thread, especially in a game it could have won save for me not knowing how frail max speed Xerneas is.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankubersbeta-67715928

Another replay of the same team, this time I showcase how big of a threat mega blaze is lol.
Well to be fair, cr lost the 50-50 (predicting an atk/sd vs protect) and opted to just recover (which was the riskier move by far) and suffered when blaze instead SD'd in his face. Blaze does indeed force switches and can easily win games but it has a high risk. Overall gg megablaze reks shit

Well to be fair, cr lost the 50-50 (predicting an atk/sd vs protect) and opted to just recover (which was the riskier move by far) and suffered when blaze instead SD'd in his face. Blaze does indeed force switches and can easily win games but it has a high risk. Overall gg megablaze reks shit
Well not really, he was just in a 100% losing position, +2 High Jump Kick would have OHKO'd from the range he was at, and even if he had Judgement'd I would have been able to live Yveltal's Sucker Punch had I gone for High Jump Kick.

+2 252+ Atk Mega Blaziken High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 200 Def Arceus-Fairy: 197-232 (44.3 - 52.2%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO

0 SpA Pixie Plate Arceus-Fairy Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Blaziken: 181-214 (60.1 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I found it interesting how often Sweep's scarf Kyogre got in safely, and how much trouble it caused, especially considering that his opponent had two counters (AV Amoongus and AV palkia). It came in 3 times on roost/recover and threatened a ko each time, and also threatened a revenge kill each time one of Sweep's pokes fainted. Since perma rain no longer exists, Ho-oh and Kyogre form an incredible team, each takes out the other's checks and they hit from opposite ends of the spectrum.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I found it interesting how often Sweep's scarf Kyogre got in safely, and how much trouble it caused, especially considering that his opponent had two counters (AV Amoongus and AV palkia). It came in 3 times on roost/recover and threatened a ko each time, and also threatened a revenge kill each time one of Sweep's pokes fainted. Since perma rain no longer exists, Ho-oh and Kyogre form an incredible team, each takes out the other's checks and they hit from opposite ends of the spectrum.
I totally agree with you here, Scarf Kyogre is easily one of the top Pokemon right now IMO. AV checks are great but the problem is that they can often be worn down, especially with SR support, to the point that you can simply overpower them, not to mention Ferrothorn and Latias are almost not seen at all. It's why I like having a Grass Arceus who can quickly Recover damage off.

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankubersbeta-69589988
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankubersbeta-69238739

A couple of really fun matches I had on the ladder. The first one showcases Rockceus's ability to mess with teams and the second shows why Scarf Kyogre is a really good cleaner.
Ubers Replays of Meh.

Game 1: Team no Zekrom check vs team no Ho-Oh check (and you almost lost your Rockceus to a risky play early on which you were forced into since you have no Zekrom check)
Game 2: Opponents which fail to include essential resistances are hardly good for demonstrating the cleaning ability of anything. They just demonstrate the importance of decent teambuilding.

At least we spotted a team stealer in g2, thanks jimmy :]

I actually disagree on g2 overall Blue J. Those types of teams are deadly af even if they don't pack any check to shit. It was nice seeing such a team lose for once :]

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankubersbeta-69589988
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankubersbeta-69238739

A couple of really fun matches I had on the ladder. The first one showcases Rockceus's ability to mess with teams and the second shows why Scarf Kyogre is a really good cleaner.
g1. Your opponent had a Mixed Zekrom and Max Atk Banded Scizor and still coudn't beat the Arceus Rock due to an unnecessary prediction (lol), well played imo, and this kinda shows that Aegislash can be a huge cunt. And regarding to what Blue Jay said, true, no Zekrom check, but not like you could fit one on that team without ruining the synergy between the members. #XNYTEAMBUILDING.

g2. Meh.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
I have some replays of scarf zekrom really going to work, I REALLY like the set, it's just so good to me. It carves big holes in teams that can get around groudon. Though I get a bit lucky and it doesnt miss at a crucial point in these battles

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankubersbeta-70331099
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankubersbeta-70569017
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankubersbeta-70434070

It's worth mentioning that in that 8 hp zekrom has a 100% chance to live with a minimum of 1 HP vs silk scarf e-killer, makes it a half decent check to stack among other checks.

Yeah, your scarfkrom owned me. I blame Haruno for making such krom weak team. Also, that paralysis on rockceus ruined any chance of winning, and I don't know what I was thinking about faking out at very end lol.

I'm shamelessly stealing audiosurfer's post because it applys here, too.

• Don't post lousy games - This one might seem obvious but it still happens. If you're beating something like a Monotype team or Geomancy Xerneas, it isn't impressive or interesting, and I can promise I won't accept it. So please don't share a game against an opponent who clearly has 0 idea what they're doing.
  • Don't post haxy games - In a similar vein, if a game is very haxy or has a move where the implementation on PS is incorrect, please don't share it here. If the hax didn't affect the outcome of the game, still say why it didn't and point out that it happened when discussing the replay. But yeah no one wants to see you winning after getting 3 misses and a crit or something.
  • Don't post one-liners - We get it, the game was haxy. No need to post somethin like "lol such hax much luck" or whatever to reply, we're more than capable of viewing the match for ourselves and seeing if it's haxy. Before hitting post please think about whether your post serves any actual purpose or if it's just fluff or pc++ or something. If your post is deemed to be of this nature it will likely be deleted and potentially infracted if the problem persists (up to mod discretion though). The only time having one line is ok is if you're simply deciding to post a replay with a small description.
  • Do add a small description w/ your replay - It's nice that you al have so much to say when talking about your replays, but keep in mind that when they go into the OP the descriptions will be skimmed through. Thus, it would be helpful to include a short 1-2 sentence summary of the highlights of the game alongside your longer description. When making the description also keep it neutral (ex: "Mega Kangaskhan shows her potential" as opposed to "My Mega Kangaskhan shows her potential").
  • Do include your/the opponent's Smogon username if they're on an alt - Unless they ask to remain nameless, better to have the match titled Melee Mewtwo vs Jrp than like Melee Mewtwo vs turd. Note, this is not saying you can't post replays played on alts. Simply clarify who you are when posting it for the benefit of the viewers.
  • Do feel free to discuss a replay - If there was an element of a replay you watched that you really enjoyed, such as a particular play or a Pokemon selection, feel free to say it. In addition, if you think a replay was flawed, feel free to give some constructive criticism. Just make sure you're not just posting one-liners or tl;drs, since those stink up the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)