OU Togekiss

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
[OVERVIEW]

* Togekiss's access to Nasty Plot, Serene Grace, Heal Bell, Roost, and Air Slash makes it a fairly formidable stallbreaker.
* While it does have very nice defensive stats and solid Special Attack, its middling Speed prevents it from really shining as an attacker and Togekiss's typing holds it back from being good defensively. Its only real niche is as a stallbreaker.
* To elaborate further on typing, while Fairy / Flying provides nice immunities, as well as a 4x Fighting and Bug resistance, it falls flat against the common Electric- and Steel-types in the tier while also being weak to common coverage moves in Ice- and Poison-type attacks as well as Stealth Rock.

[SET]
name: Stallbreaker
move 1: Air Slash
move 2: Roost
move 3: Nasty Plot
move 4: Heal Bell
item: Leftovers
ability: Serene Grace
nature: Timid
evs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

* Air Slash is Togekiss' primary attack, which can break past certain walls that Togekiss normally could not thanks to the outrageous 60% flinch chance.
* Nasty Plot boosts Togekiss's Special Attack, allowing it to break down stall teams.
* Roost keeps Togekiss' health topped up, allowing it to boost in the face of weak attackers and remain healthy for the duration of the match.
* Heal Bell is used to set up in the face of Toxic users such as Chansey, which otherwise would beat Togekiss. It also provides valuable team support.

Set Details
========

* 248 HP EVs give Togekiss some nice bulk to play with, allowing to it take hits from the defensive Pokemon it intends to boost in front of even more easily.
* 252 Speed EVs and a Timid nature gets the jump on certain threats that Togekiss can potentially get past or check like Tapu Bulu, Buzzwole, and Breloom. It also achieves a Speed tie with Hoopa-U, which could be useful in a dire situation.
* Leftovers makes Togekiss life easier against the defensive Pokemon it's built to beat, canceling burn damage or a large percentage of their attacks.

Usage Tips
========

* Stallbreaking is the primary function Togekiss can perform with good reliability. Stall teams will often struggle to bring it down. Simply lead with it and start boosting, do as much damage as possible to the opposing team, and then use that damage to win the match.
* Togekiss is also capable of being a deterrent to spamming strong Bug-, Fighting-, Dragon-, and Ground-type attacks thanks to its typing. Bringing it in on these attacks and Roosting over and over, rather than attacking, will ensure it stays healthy enough to perform this for the duration of the match.

Team Options
========

* Togekiss' primary role is that of a near-flawless stallbreaker, and due to its lack of coverage or status moves it is poor against other archetypes. Thus, it should be on teams that excel against these other archetypes and struggle against stall.
* In general this set will give up a lot of momentum against offensive teams. It be imperative that it is backed up by strong switch-ins to Steel- and Electric-types.
* Excadrill is capable of dealing with most Electric-types that switch into Togekiss. It also resists Rock-, Steel-, and Poison-type attacks that are often thrown its way and can spin away Stealth Rock.
* Alolan Marowak is another Pokemon that can handle most Electric- and Steel-types that Togekiss attracts. Togekiss forms a decent defensive core with it, offering respite from its Ground- and Dark-type weaknesses.
* Mega Venusaur, Amoongus and Tangrowth are generally good at dealing with Electric-types and are in general quite strong options against offensive and balanced teams, but poor against stall, so they synergize well with Togekiss
* Togekiss is perhaps one of the only Pokemon that encourage opposing Chansey to switch in on it, while also being able to beat it. Thus, Choice Specs Battle Bond Greninja is a scary partner, as Chansey is one of its few true counters.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* Togekiss has access to a formidable utility movepool. Thunder Wave, Baton Pass, Encore, Wish, and even Defog are all in theory great moves. While it can fill the niche of being the only Pokemon capable of running both Defog and Heal Bell at once, because of Togekiss's vulnerability to so many common attackers in the tier, it fails to be to great as a defensive Pokemon. Therefore it's better off in an offensive role, using coverage moves to prevent itself from being too easy to counter.
* A Choice Scarf set might seem fun, being able to outspeed almost everything and beat it down through flinches. However, it is very weak, making it easy to switch into and ultimately beat.
* Dazzling Gleam and other miscellaneous coverage attacks such as Fire Blast are options for Togekiss; however, it's simply outclassed as an attacker outside of niche stallbreaking.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Electric-types**: Electric-types are Togekiss's worst enemy. They're resistant to its STAB, do not fear potential paralysis and can usually shrug off Togekiss's coverage moves, outspeed its and OHKO with their STAB attacks. Zapdos is the most problematic thanks to its defensive nature.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types are just about as bad for Togekiss as Electric-types. The take little to no damage from Air Slash and simply annihilate it with their STAB attacks. Metagross, Excadrill, and Magearna are common Steel-types, and the list goes on.

**Revenge Killers**: Due to Togekiss's common weaknesses and poor Speed, there is no shortage of checks for it in the OU tier. Terrakion, Nihilego, Tapu Koko, Weavile, and Mega Metagross, to name a few, can simply outspeed Togekiss and OHKO it.

Last edited:
Your analysis is looking very good, you did an outstanding job with this one, but I feel like maybe you can develop a little bit more on Team Options and possibly Checks and Counters. Try to mention Latios or Latias and how they can take on most of the Electric Types baring Koko and still provide Defog support. Magnezone and Dugtrio might be mention worthy too, as they can trap Steel-Types and can free the Flamethrower slot for Aura Sphere which can hit Tyranitar harder. Also on Checks and Counters, I feel like you should expand on Revenge Killers, as Togekiss is quite slow, Pokemon like Nihilego, Gengar, Weavile, Scarftar and Kyurem-B can all outspeed and score a KO on Togekiss. Finally, I feel like you should mention Tailwind in the first paragraph of OO.

Again, your analysis came out quite solid, and aside from these small details, it is really near perfect, keep it up

p2

Banned deucer.
i think heal bell should be on the main set somewhere, toges main niche is stallbreaking and having the safety net against status is super good, but i guess it's not even that good at it anymore since zapdos is pretty much a staple on stall now lul

1/3

Ash Borer

i think heal bell should be on the main set somewhere, toges main niche is stallbreaking and having the safety net against status is super good, but i guess it's not even that good at it anymore since zapdos is pretty much a staple on stall now lul

1/3
It might be slashable with roost? I found that a move for steel types is 100% necessary.

I feel like it might be worth running 248+ speed EVs, so that you always outspeed Buzzwole, making you a pretty good switch-in to it as you can just pick it off with Air Slash. If you are really concerned about it, a spread of 32 HP / 228 SpA / 248+ Spe allows you to always live a Jolly banded Ice Punch from full, letting you Roost up at your leisure.

* A Choice Scarf set might seem fun, being able to outspeed almost everything and flinch it into submission. However, it is very weak, making it easy to switch into, and ultimately beat.
Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
--------
Trick
Dazzling Gleam / Extrasensory / Psyshock
Shadow Ball / Fire Blast
Air Slash

This doesn't look very easy to switch into at all. Mega-Metagross is 2HKOd by Shadow Ball, while failing to OHKO with Bullet Punch. Mega-Scizor falls to Fire Blast. Mega Venusaur is 2HKO by Air Slash. Mega Slowbro is 2HKOed by Shadow Ball.

Non-Megas have to worry about Trick. Scarf Toxapex is just lulz even if you're trading Scarf for their Black Sludge. Chansey hates Trick (Scarf for Eviolite. Then pass the Eviolite to yet another of their team-members later on).

Scarf-Trick serves as a "Soft Encore". Come in on a predicted Swords Dance (or Defog or Roost), and as long as they aren't holding a Z-item or Mega Stone, "encore" it up with Trick.

So what, Tapu Koko and Mega-Slowbro are the safe switchins. Maybe some Z-item holder I haven't thought of yet (Mimikyu, the most common Z-item in my experience, doesn't like Shadow Ball and at best 3HKOs Togekiss)

* Togekiss has access to a formidable utility movepool. Thunder Wave, Heal Bell, Encore, Wish, and even Defog are all in theory great moves. However, because of Togekiss' vulnerability to so many common attackers in the tier, it fails to be to great as a defensive Pokemon. Therefore it's better off in an offensive role, using coverage moves to prevent itself from being too easy to counter.
Baton Pass probably deserves a mention (but it doesn't seem strong enough to deserve a set). I've had my fair share of Nasty Plot -> Baton Pass to Hydreigon lulz. Especially on a Pokemon like Togekiss which has such lopsided immunities / weaknesses. Its very easy to find partners who can take the incoming hit.

Togekiss also has enough Sp. Def to be a good "slow baton passer". Togekiss takes the Special hit to safely bring in a faster sweeper.

Last edited:
Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
--------
Trick
Dazzling Gleam
Shadow Ball / Fire Blast
Air Slash

This doesn't look very easy to switch into at all. Mega-Metagross is 2HKOd by Shadow Ball, while failing to OHKO with Bullet Punch. Mega-Scizor falls to Fire Blast. Defensive Pokemon are owned by Trick. Offensive Pokemon are owned by Air Slash hax and being outsped. Mega Venusaur is 2HKO by Air Slash.

Non-Megas have to worry about Trick. Scarf Toxapex is just lulz even if you're trading Scarf for their Black Sludge.

So what, Tapu Koko is a safe switch in? And... that's about it, right?
First off not sure why you'd ever run Shadow Ball, Metagross is hit by Fire Blast. You absolutely need a move to hit Steel types.

I can think of a few switch-ins. Without Aura Sphere, Tyranitar and Heatran switch in easily. Zapdos, Rotom-W and Nihilego switch in regardless of moves. Really, any Electric type can take Air Slashes and KO back. Sure they might need to be wary of Trick, but not only does that require correct prediction, they aren't even too hindered by it, and it gives up Togekiss' ability to outspeed things.

The biggest factor contributing to it being a crap Scarf user is how slow it is. Base 80 is too slow in this meta to succeed as a scarfer, as it can't revenge anything. It's slower than all other Scarfers, Pheromosa, and most Dragon Dance users at +1. In general my rule of thumb for Scarfers is that if it's slower than Life Orb Pheromosa, it's not usually worth using.

First off not sure why you'd ever run Shadow Ball, Metagross is hit by Fire Blast. You absolutely need a move to hit Steel types.
I err on the side of coverage generally. Ghost / Fairy is nice coverage. But yeah, you have a good point.

I can think of a few switch-ins. Without Aura Sphere, Tyranitar and Heatran switch in easily. Zapdos, Rotom-W and Nihilego switch in regardless of moves. Really, any Electric type can take Air Slashes and KO back. Sure they might need to be wary of Trick, but not only does that require correct prediction, they aren't even too hindered by it, and it gives up Togekiss' ability to outspeed things.
Nihilego seems like a good switchin so I'll accept that `mon. Its why I edited in Psyshock while you were posting actually. You're also right about Tyranitar / Heatran, so Aura Sphere should definitely be slashed in as well.

However, Zapdos generally runs defensive sets in my experience, and thus really don't like that Choice Scarf. Any Pokemon with Roost just... is utterly crippled if you switch out their Leftovers for a Choice Scarf. Even if Togekiss goes down, I'm happy for the trade. Rotom-W also is crippled, unable to reliably use Pain Split or Will-o-Wisp. Rotom-W + Choice Scarf makes is only ~315 speed, still slower than just Timid Hydreigon. Its utterly crippling in my experience. These Volt-turners can't effectively do their jobs when scarfed (take a hit, roost or pain-split some damage back, then volt-switch out)

Anyway, I'm not saying that Scarf Togekiss deserves a set. I'm saying its deceptively hard to switch into. I'm disagreeing with a single line in this analysis. Togekiss has a disguisting movepool, including Thunder Wave, Trick, Flying / Fairy / Ghost / Fighting / Psychic / Physical Psychic / Fire / Grass coverage.

That just isn't "easy to switch into". Period. This line is just plain wrong.

* A Choice Scarf set might seem fun, being able to outspeed almost everything and flinch it into submission. However, it is very weak, making it easy to switch into, and ultimately beat.
IMO, its easier to find proper switch-ins to Pheremosa than to Scarf Togekiss. You just don't "easily" switch into a mon with Togekiss's movepool. It takes scouting and experience.

And sure, Togekiss has a lot of shenanigan sets that probably don't deserve an analysis. (And again, I'm not saying that Scarf Togekiss deserves an analysis) But that doesn't change the fact that finding a proper switch-in is actually rather difficult.

Last edited:

Ash Borer

Ill maintain that its easy to switch into. Trick scarf might sufficiently cripple the long list of defensive counters, but giving up your scarf is a serious price. Togekiss is not an effective attacker with no boosting item, paralysis or boosting move. Further, one needs to spam air slash to do anything. Do not neglect that togekiss is weak as shit. Sure you can 2hko tapu koko with dazzling gleam, but the price for mispredicting is huge. better scarf users like gene, lando, phero, and terrakion scarcely wrestle with this. Nevermind that togekiss poor power isnt even good at forcing switches.

I've said my piece on Scarf, do what you want at this point. I agree its weaker than other scarf users, so that's that.

Moving onto another issue in your analysis: as far as my experience goes... you should also note that the 95% accuracy on Air Slash is a problem, and has cost me a fair number of games. 95% accuracy on Air Slash needs to be on the minds of any Togekiss user if you're playing against-stall, and are in some sort of situation that requires like 4 or 5 hits in a row.

I promise you that every Togekiss user has a story about how 5% hax cost them the game at some point. If you have an alternative strategy that doesn't rely on the missing or the flinching... go for the 100% reliable hits instead. (Ex: Aura Sphere to finish off weakened enemies or similar).

Last edited:
Stallbreaker is definitely the selling point of togekiss, and i think the standard stallbreaker set for the previous generation definitely deserves a moveset

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
* Togekiss used to enjoy abusing Thunder Wave, but after a couple generation's worth of nerfs, the attack just doesn't have the same effect as it used to.
While this is some nice bit of trivia, it kind of sticks out in the overview.

Other than that this is great

2/3

* Togekiss has access to a formidable utility movepool. Thunder Wave, Baton Pass, Encore, Wish, and even Defog are all in theory great moves. However, because of Togekiss' vulnerability to so many common attackers in the tier, it fails to be to great as a defensive Pokemon. Therefore it's better off in an offensive role, using coverage moves to prevent itself from being too easy to counter.
I'm not sure I like the wording on this given how every serious Togekiss I've seen in OU has been a defogger on Shedinja stall.

I feel like Defog merits its own, separate bullet point in OO at the very least; highlight its strong matchup against stealth rock Garchomp (because immune to both stabs), while noting that matchups against other common rockers are poor so it's not usually recommended.

Ash Borer

I'm not sure I like the wording on this given how every serious Togekiss I've seen in OU has been a defogger on Shedinja stall.

I feel like Defog merits its own, separate bullet point in OO at the very least; highlight its strong matchup against stealth rock Garchomp (because immune to both stabs), while noting that matchups against other common rockers are poor so it's not usually recommended.
why would anyone use Togekiss as a defogger on stall instead of Zapdos, Mandibuzz, or Skarmory? Mandibuzz in particular doesn't struggle with Garchomp.

The teams I saw running Toges weren't running Chansey (they were literally just running the original Wonder Trio team with Toxapex > Talonflame) so Togekiss provided Heal Bell + Defog in one teamslot. Niche, but this is a niche pokemon.

ok ok qc has finally decided to come together and check things in call

we agree that the main set should just be the generic stallbreaker one

[SET]

toge's main niche has always been breaking stall well and there are far better things at breaking balance

make sure to change the bullets accordingly

tag me when you're done so we can give this a full check

Ash Borer

dk

I've changed it, though tips and team options are a little bare now. I can add some more later if thats necessary, otherwise this is ready.

ok ok qc has finally decided to come together and check things in call

we agree that the main set should just be the generic stallbreaker one

[SET]

toge's main niche has always been breaking stall well and there are far better things at breaking balance

make sure to change the bullets accordingly

tag me when you're done so we can give this a full check
would togekiss want some physical bulk? like the generic set is usually 252 HP / 80 Def /176 Spe

Ash Borer

would togekiss want some physical bulk? like the generic set is usually 252 HP / 80 Def /176 Spe
for what exactly? You probably want to outpace 252+ Bulu, as you can just Air Slash it to death before it continentally crushes you, so I wouldn't go slower than that., which is 216. Honestly I find the stallbreaker set to be very bad on account of lack of role compression and how steel types just make a complete fool of it, I had more success with a coverage move and a gimped stallbreaker set (lum + roost actually isnt too bad if you have a bit of luck). Y'all need to justify this set a bit better to me before I can really go ahead with this..

for what exactly? You probably want to outpace 252+ Bulu, as you can just Air Slash it to death before it continentally crushes you, so I wouldn't go slower than that., which is 216. Honestly I find the stallbreaker set to be very bad on account of lack of role compression and how steel types just make a complete fool of it, I had more success with a coverage move and a gimped stallbreaker set (lum + roost actually isnt too bad if you have a bit of luck). Y'all need to justify this set a bit better to me before I can really go ahead with this..
coz it lets u switch into a bunch of stuff. theres an explanation in gen6 togekiss analysis

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Togekiss' main niche is that it's an effective stallbreaker... provided the stall team lacks Zapdos. Against the standard stall core (Mega Sableye / Skarmory / Chansey / Toxapex / Clefable / Dugtrio) this set should be able to push through the majority of it without too many issues. A stallbreaker that isn't totally gooned by Dugtrio is very handy to have, and having Togekiss attempt to be some psuedo-balance breaker is defeating the primary focal point of Togekiss. You cannot sacrifice Heal Bell unless you know for certain you can walk into a burn - which isn't always happening unless you're switching straight into Mega Sableye (and thus risking the loss of Leftovers due to Knock Off). Lum only stops a status once and risks getting Knocked Off in comparison to Heal Bell's 8 potential chances.

The set dk proposed with the EVs should be sufficient. In regards to the old spread last generation - Latios has been doing a lot of weird things lately such as going towards Specs or, if you're p2, a Lure set. Mega Lopunny is also a dead rabbit and hopefully it remains that way the entire generation. Thus the Defense EVs aren't really "a huge deal".

Ash Borer

Alright that's fine by me. Stall has changed a bit since I came up with the offensive set anyways. I added a couple more team options, this should be good for GP now.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader

remove
add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/1
[OVERVIEW]

* Togekiss's access to Nasty Plot, Serene Grace, Heal Bell, Roost, (AC) and Air Slash make makes it a fairly formidable stallbreaker. (AP)
* Togekiss used to enjoy abusing spamming Thunder Wave, but after a couple generations' (move apostrophe) worth of nerfs, the attack just isn't very effective, and this hurts Togekiss's potency. (this should be phrased in a way that's relevant for the gen 7 metagame though, right now it says little more than "it has access to move X which it should not use", otherwise you should remove it.. something like "Despite Serene Grace Air Slash's 60% flinch rate, its unreliability hurts Togekiss's potency, especially after a couple generations' worth of nerfs to Thunder Wave" would be acceptable if that's the point you're trying to make)
* While it does have very nice defensive stats and solid Special Attack, its Togekiss's middling Speed prevents it from really shining as an attacker, (AC) and its typing holds it back from being good defensively. It's Its only real niche is a stallbreaker.
* To elaborate further on typing, while Fairy / Flying is a double edged sword. While it provides nice immunities, as well as a 4x Fighting and Bug (remove hyphens) resistance, (AC) it falls flat against the common Electric- (RC) and Steel-types in the tier (RC) while also being weak to common coverage moves in Ice- and Poison-type attacks as well as Stealth Rock.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

* Air Slash is your Togekiss's primary attack, (AC) which can break past certain walls that Togekiss normally could not thanks to the outrageous 60% flinch (to avoid transitive use of flinch as much as possible) chance. to flinch
* Nasty Plot boosts Togekiss's Special Attack, (AC) nicely allowing it to break down stall teams.
* Roost keeps Togekiss' health topped up, allowing it to boost in the face of weak attackers (RC) and remain healthy for the duration of the match.
* Heal Bell is used to set up in the face of Toxic users such as Chansey, (AC) who which otherwise would beat Togekiss. It also provides valuable team support.

Set Details
========

* 248 HP EVs (Toge's max HP is not divisible by 4 so unless 8 SpD does something that 4 SpD does not probs just run max) give Togekiss some nice bulk to play with, allowing to it take hits from the defensive Pokemon it intends to boost in front of even more easily.
* 252 Speed EVs and a Timid nature outspeeds get the jump on certain threats that Togekiss can potentially get past or check like Tapu Bulu, Buzzwole,and Breloom. It also achieves a Speed tie with Hoopa-U, which could be useful in a dire situation.
* Leftovers makes Togekiss life easier against the defensive Pokemon its it's built to beat, cancelling Burn canceling burn damage or recovering (?) a large percentage of their attacks. (AP)

Usage Tips
========

* Stallbreaking is the primary function Togekiss can perform with good reliability. Stall teams will often struggle to bring it down. Simply lead with it and start boosting, do as much damage as possible to the opposing team, and then use that damage to win the match.
* Togekiss is also capable of being a deterrent to spamming strong Bug-, Fighting-, Dragon-, (AC) and Ground-type attacks thanks to its typing. Bringing it in on these attacks and Roosting over and over, rather than attacking, will ensure it stays healthy enough to perform this for the duration of the match.

Team Options
========

* Togekiss' primary role is that of a near-flawless (AH) stallbreaker, and due to its lack of coverage or status moves it is poor against other archetypes. Thus, (AC) it should be on teams that excel against these other archetypes and struggle against stall.
* In general this set will give up a lot of momentum against offensive teams. It is imperative that it is be backed up by strong switch-ins to Steel- and Electric-types. (AP)
* Excadrill is capable of dealing with most Electric-types that switch into Togekiss. It also resists Rock-, Steel-, and Poison-type attacks that are often thrown its way and can spin away Stealth Rock. With Fire Blast, (AC) Togekiss is a solid lure for Skarmory and Celesteela, some of Excadrill's harder counters.
* Alolan Marowak is another Pokemon that can handle most Electric- and Steel-types that Togekiss attracts. Togekiss forms a decent defensive core with it, offering respite from its Ground- and Dark-type weaknesses.
* Mega Venusaur, Amoongus and Tangrowth are generally good at dealing with Electric-types are and are in general quite strong options against offensive and balanced, but poor against stall, which synergies so they synergize well with Togekiss. (AP)
* Togekiss is perhaps one of the only Pokemon that encourage opposing Chansey to switch in to on it (RC) while also being able to beat it. As such Thus, (AC) Choice Specs Battle Bond Greninja is a scary partner, as Chansey is one of its few counters.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* Togekiss has access to a formidable utility movepool. Thunder Wave, Baton Pass, Encore, Wish, and even Defog are all in theory great moves. While it can fill the niche of being the only Pokemon capable of running both Defog and Heal Bell at once, because of Togekiss's vulnerability to so many common attackers in the tier, it fails to be to great as a defensive Pokemon. Therefore it's better off in an offensive role, using coverage moves to prevent itself from being too easy to counter.
* A Choice Scarf set might seem fun, being able to outspeed almost everything and flinch it into submission. (bleh i like the phrase but this is improper use of "flinch", "beat it down through flinches" is the best thing i can come up with that preserves the tone) However, it is very weak, making it easy to switch into (RC) and ultimately beat.
* Dazzling Gleam (RC) among and other miscellaneous coverage attacks such as Fire Blast are options for Togekiss; (SC) however, (AC) its it's simply outclassed as an attacker outside of niche stallbreaking.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Electric-types**: Electric-types are Togekiss's worst enemy. They're resistant to its Air Slash STAB, do not fear potential paralysis, (AC) and can usually shrug off Togekiss's coverage moves, outspeed it, (AC) and OHKO with their STAB attacks. Zapdos is the most problematic thanks to its defensive nature.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types are just about as bad for Togekiss as Electric-types. The take little to no damage from Air Slash and simply annihilate it with their STAB Steel-type attacks. Metagross, Excadrill, and Jirachi are common Steel-types, and (just to make it into a complete sentence) the list goes on.

**Revenge Killers**: Due to Togekiss's common weaknesses and poor Speed, (AC) there is no shortage of checks for it in the OU tier. Terrakion, Nihilego, Tapu Koko, Weavile, (AC) and Mega Metagross, (AC) to name a few, (AC) can simply outspeed Togekiss and OHKO it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)