Top Five Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
good gravy zepplin rush and floyd are all dominant old school.
whoever started repping the modest mouse props to you.

lamb of god is great i haven't seen many sporting it.

But seriously i can not stand bright eyes. I'd probably rather dismember myself than subject my eardrums to that " music "
I've never really liked animal collective either.

If you are looking for some darn good ska check out the hippos. They broke up but they are dominant.

For some country hank williams 111 shreds.

I saw messugah and i was happy. But for some other metal check out Protest the Hero from Canada. So catchy and shreddy.

Dallas Green is some good indie to.

oh i forgot to hate on metallica. Most overrated drummer of all time and the only good stuff they put out was from the sandman days. Seriously lars blows.

Thusday ftw. 5 4 3 2 what are you waiting for?

ALso how do yall feel about BLink getting back together?

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1. Fair to Midland
2. Sonata Arctica
3. Pearl Jam
4. Metallica
5. Shinedown

fair to midland is the shit. i had trouble ordering 2-5. i honestly haven't listened to that much sonata arctica, but i loved what i've heard so much that i'm pretty sure i don't like any other band that i put lower more than i like them. pearl jam i'm not too sure on but whatever. metallica is extremely hit or miss for me but their hit stuff really hits. shinedown i've loved all their cds so i figured they deserved a spot, maybe even higher but some of their stuff seems too similar so iuno.

Why do people feel the need to list more than five? You all like more than five bands. We get it. You can see that we get it because everyone is bitching about having to pick only five or putting honorable mentions or way too many bands.

1: Queen
2: Blind Guardian
3: Mars Volta
4: Sonata Arctica
5: Ayreon

A lot of these lists are lol worthy.

1. Death
2. Cynic
3. Blind Guardian/Sonata Arctica/Iced Earth
4. Amon Amarth
5. Symphony X/Into Eternity

In no particular order:

- Interpol
- The National
- Beach Boys
- Muse
- the pillows

I only included "bands," but there's plenty of other terrific musicians and electro duos that I listen to :\

Just looking at the artist that I listen to the most:

1. Our Lady Peace
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. David Bowie
4. U2
5. The Killers

Most Played Track:
Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes

A lot of these lists are lol worthy.

1. Death
2. Cynic
3. Blind Guardian/Sonata Arctica/Iced Earth
4. Amon Amarth
5. Symphony X/Into Eternity
Says the man who cannot count to 5/8.

Mormoopid, I am not judging you, but just because I like you ^______^

Morm, my sense of Canadian geography does not exist, I thought you were more towards the center. We get a lot of bands to come through South Florida, but there are some big ones that I want to see that stop in Tampa or Orlando only (the Sonata Arctica/Nightwish tour did this and I couldn't go). but we should continue this elsewhere

Says the man who cannot count to 5/8.

Mormoopid, I am not judging you, but just because I like you ^______^
I knew someone sly would say I put too many bands. Btw I'm not judging anyone, I'm judging the music. Just remember folks that Death shits on your favorite band.

I knew someone sly would say I put too many bands. Btw I'm not judging anyone, I'm judging the music. Just remember folks that Death shits on your favorite band.
i used to be so into death metal

then i turned 14

lol also your music is pussy shit as far as metal is concerned, i am so glad someone was stupid enough to make a judgmental comment first cause the elitist in me really jumped at the chance to make fun of you

It was not that I was trying to be sly. I only picked at what you said because you insulted someone for something petty while doing something stupid that someone else would have a much more valid reason to pettily bitch about it.

Glen, dismissing entire genres like that is not conducive to conversation at all, but pretty transparently from not caring enough to talk about something (which is fine when not used to be snarky and insulting, since then it is just an output of laziness). The follow up comment is even more distasteful. After you dismiss DEATH metal, you bitch at bands for not being rowdy and angry enough; that is, not enough like death metal?! Way to make sense.

Furthermore, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, and Iced Earth ARE all amazing. Blind Guardian has made good concept albums and some of the top metal fantasy album efforts (specifically being obsessed with Lord of the Rings above all). Their song And Then There Was Silence is my favorite song besides possibly Beethoven's Ninth/Fourth Movement. It starts out with a beginning that evokes a decidedly classical epic feel and then carries that through a song of absolutely aggressive metal all to talk about the ILIAD. Two of those minutes are basically spent with only probably the best screaming in any song ever made to express the anguish of Troy as they are getting fucking DESTROYED, with probably the most fucking badass, e.g. not pussy moment, coming when they start echoing the screaming with chants of TROY. TROY. TROY. TROY. TROY. TROY. TROY. TROY. Of course, since the song manages to carry absolutely classical inspired and beautiful motifs while doing this, I guess it must be pussy shit.

Iced Earth only made probably the best musical take on horror literature ever. Yeah, pussy shit!!!

Burzum likes more than one type of metal music; Death may be a cliche pick, and some of those bands may be less ambitious than others, but I am pretty sure nothing about this gets 'pussy'.

EDIT: His lol comment was a little poorly 'heh I am a tough metal guy' in spirit, but some of these lists are terrible, most notably the very first person to post in the topic. His follow up posts were even worse.

Glen, dismissing entire genres like that is not conducive to conversation at all, but pretty transparently from not caring enough to talk about something (which is fine when not used to be snarky and insulting, since then it is just an output of laziness). The follow up comment is even more distasteful. After you dismiss DEATH metal, you bitch at bands for not being rowdy and angry enough; that is, not enough like death metal?! Way to make sense.
but it does make sense! death metal is the only type of metal i consider even remotely tolerable (since i used to like it), and most other metal sub-genres i just dismiss as pussy shit

also i took the time to listen to your favourite song and the only thing it evokes in me is this depressing image of a man rocking out to it who just spent an absurd sum of money on a replica of a sword from lord of the rings

I honestly feel sorry for where your musical taste has led you then. I by no means have perfect perception, but if I ever got to the point where a song with that type of beauty and sweeping ambition did not move me, I would actually want to die because I would probably have to be crippled and utterly depressed to get to that point, or have completely sold out my pursuance of beauty in life.

I honestly feel sorry for where your musical taste has led you then. I by no means have perfect perception, but if I ever got to the point where a song with that type of beauty and sweeping ambition did not move me, I would actually want to die because I would probably have to be crippled and utterly depressed to get to that point, or have completely sold out my pursuance of beauty in life.
i think that's a really empty way of looking at things

many songs meant a lot to me years ago but aren't very evocative to me anymore. the same can be said about films, about books, about sights and sounds and smells and touches.

you will eventually stop liking that song. it may be slow at first; maybe you won't get quite the same rush that you do now, and maybe you'll think to yourself 'i must just have played it out, i will lay off it for a week or two and im sure the feeling will come back'. but then it won't.

things fade, captkirby! we are fickle humans. it is unfortunate but it is also beautiful in its own way as it aids in our ability to expand our horizons and allows us to seek out new stimuli that make us feel that special way.

perhaps it is especially good in your case since there is extra beauty in moving away from pussy shit!

Let's give this listing thing a try shall we:

1. The Clash
2. Porcupine Tree
3. David Bowie
4. Echo & the Bunnymen
5. Simply Saucer / Frank Zappa

D: That was extremely tough

Glen! I demand you defend the Unicorns!
are you bliend?

what does the quantity of music churned out have to do with the quality of a band ?_?

no other band has made me dance around in my undies more (although animal collective came close) so im pretty sure that warrants a top 5 spot
fuck i hate having the 24th post in a thread i always worry that people arent gonna see it and now you totally justified that fear

but also they totally did have more than one album, they had who will cut our hair when we're gone, unicorns: 2014, three inches of blood, and this collection of unreleased tracks that i believe was called something weird like 'all makes parts and collision'

but none of that really matters because i just dance around to the entirety of who will cut our hair when we're gone in my underpants while cleaning my room sometimes, and i remember fondly riding in a car with my friends and just jamming out to that album (it was the first time i had ever heard it and it got me into music that wasn't death metal and grindcore!

edit: )

This was really hard to narrow down but...
1.Queen
2.Red Hot Chilli Peppers
3.The Killers
4.Cute Is What We Aim For
5.The Offspring

Hyra
Even Avril Lavigne, the Canadian answer to terrible music, snubs western Canada sometimes and she's canadian for fucks sake. Most bands go Toronto/Montreal then out, sometimes hitting Vancouver on their way down through to Seattle. Florida is far more lucrative to drawing musical talents than the paltry 1 million people in Calgary.

Btw I'm not judging anyone, I'm judging the music
don't judge my music then

Glad to hear at least CK has the decency not to judge me OR my auditory preferrences- he truely is the propegator of all that is just.

FUK YES
1: THE PILLOWS / Maybe david bowie.
2: David bowie / NOTHING
3: Nujabes/Modest mouse
4: Ministry/Lamb of god.
5: Ok this ones kinda girly and really odd but its a toss up between:
Fairy fore/Utada hikaru/ ACID/ and Metallica ( yea, I could care less if you think they sold out )

The pillows have been my favorite band since early 2003, when I was introduced to Penalty life, the very first album I heard by them. Good dreams, Kool spice and Penalty life are my 3 favorites by them. Just, awesome , they really helped during the time of my life where I needed to slow down and literally phaze out and being able to only understand 55 - 65% of it actually helped alot, because I could then care less about the lyrics and just fall to their amazing sound.

Edit* I'm updating my list, 5 slots isn't really enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)