I'd rather be sleeping
Not an OM so much as a lifestyle choice. This isn't proposing a change to any existing rulesets in terms of bans, etc. Rather, the goal is to make Pokemon a more exciting spectator sport. One of the things that fellow founder KyleCole and I thought made Pokemon a poor spectator sport is that it can drag on forever, with 100+ turn games and lengthy turns where people spend time endlessly calcing and stuff (or getting ghosted) which makes for a very boring viewing experience. What makes the game so fun to play irl as kids is that you just go with moves and see what happens, not pouring through a million calcs and stuff. Also, that sort of thing is incredibly boring to watch. As a solution, we bring you Turbomons:
- This is played in Standard OU, or standard Random Battles, or Standard Tier Shift, or. well, you get the idea. Since the timer is programmed into the server as opposed to being metagame specific, any tier can be played Turbomons style!
- The main rule is that you get 10 seconds to choose each move
- Also, you can't use the cancel button. Whatever move you make is final, so choose wisely (but quickly).
- Animations are disabled in order to avoid wasting time.
- If you time out, you lose the match.
- Games are played at Fusx's server, where the shortened timer is in place for every metagame (so you don't have to play OU to take advantage!)