Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

This balance core is fair amount of synergy :^]. I started with Manaphy because I love seeing set-ups and sweeping. I added Rain Dance so that Manaphy can stay in on Klefki and get free set up and so that Manaphy can eat up them t-waves/toxics/burns and it allows Ferrothorn to take Fire Type Hits more well. I added Ice Beam since Mega Charizard-Y doesn't take Lati Twins, Mega Alt, and Bulky chomp well. But Then Mega Venusaur strolls in to bop Manaphy. SO I added Mega Charizard-Y to toast the Mega Venusaur. I noticed a that Thundurus bops it so I added Ferrothorn with max hp max defense. I put knock off so that if I catch the mixed thundy on the switch in Thundy's superpower would be a 3HKO and so that chansey would have a harder time switching in to Manaphy. I also put t-wave to cripple down fast pokemon mainly the lati twins and any physical setting up mons. Ferrothorn also takes many special hits like Dracos, Tbolts, etc.

76 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 161-192 (45.7 - 54.5%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
76 Atk Thundurus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 124-148 (35.2 - 42%) -- 84.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Roost
- Solar Beam

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

This balance core is fair amount of synergy :^]. I started with Manaphy because I love seeing set-ups and sweeping. I added Rain Dance so that Manaphy can stay in on Klefki and get free set up and so that Manaphy can eat up them t-waves/toxics/burns and it allows Ferrothorn to take Fire Type Hits more well. I added Ice Beam since Mega Charizard-Y doesn't take Lati Twins, Mega Alt, and Bulky chomp well. But Then Mega Venusaur strolls in to bop Manaphy. SO I added Mega Charizard-Y to toast the Mega Venusaur. I noticed a that Thundurus bops it so I added Ferrothorn with max hp max defense. I put knock off so that if I catch the mixed thundy on the switch in Thundy's superpower would be a 3HKO and so that chansey would have a harder time switching in to Manaphy. I also put t-wave to cripple down fast pokemon mainly the lati twins and any physical setting up mons. Ferrothorn also takes many special hits like Dracos, Tbolts, etc.

76 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 161-192 (45.7 - 54.5%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
76 Atk Thundurus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 124-148 (35.2 - 42%) -- 84.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Awesome core , never thought of this , I really gonna try this n_n

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Got another one here. However much I hate Alomomola I have to admit this core is solid :o look at DarkNostalgia succumbing to the dark side.
Defensive Core - Celebi + Heatran + Alomomola

So this core is basically the classic CeleTran core but with an Alomomola to patch up weaknesses, also forming a cool FWG core. CeleTran is notorious for resisting every type in the game bar Dark, Ghost, and Rock, and having overall good defensive synergy because of this typing combo, for example Celebi checks the Fighting-types Heatran dislikes and Heatran beats the powerful Poison-types troubling Celebi. However, Celebi + Heatran is troubled quite a little by the likes of Bisharp, Earthquake Mega Charizard X, Hidden Power Bug Keldeo, Garchomp, Mega Pinsir, Choice Band Scizor, Mega Metagross, Mamoswine, and Landorus-T. Alomomola provides an answer to that, as well as useful utility in Wish, able to patch up Heatran's Achilles' Hell - the lack of reliable recovery. Together they check a lot of stuff through Alomomola's constant pivoting and providing Wishes and Celebi + Heatran walling literally half of the metagame. Cool defensive core that could fit with a more defined win condition / setup sweeper. Gengar, Tail Glow Manaphy, and Kyurem-B is also quite annoying for these three to deal with.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Wave / Substitute / Healing Wish

Last edited:
Reactions: TPP
Got another one here. However much I hate Alomomola I have to admit this core is solid :o look at DarkNostalgia succumbing to the dark side.
Defensive Core - Celebi + Heatran + Alomomola

So this core is basically the classic CeleTran core but with an Alomomola to patch up weaknesses, also forming a cool FWG core. CeleTran is notorious for resisting every type in the game bar Dark, Ghost, and Rock, and having overall good defensive synergy because of this typing combo, for example Celebi checks the Fighting-types Heatran dislikes and Heatran beats the powerful Poison-types troubling Celebi. However, Celebi + Heatran is troubled quite a little by the likes of Bisharp, Earthquake Mega Charizard X, Hidden Power Bug Keldeo, Garchomp, Mega Pinsir, Choice Band Scizor, Mega Metagross, Mamoswine, and Landorus-T. Alomomola provides an answer to that, as well as useful utility in Wish, able to patch up Heatran's Achilles' Hell - the lack of reliable recovery. Together they check a lot of stuff through Alomomola's constant pivoting and providing Wishes and Celebi + Heatran walling literally half of the metagame. Cool defensive core that could fit with a more defined win condition / setup sweeper. Gengar is also quite annoying for these three to deal with.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Wave / Substitute / Healing Wish
What about Tail Glow + 3 Attacks Manaphy? The worst you can do is probably status it with Toxic and Protect stall. Kyurem-B also looks annoying as it 2HKOes Alomomola and destroys CeleTran.

What about Tail Glow + 3 Attacks Manaphy? The worst you can do is probably status it with Toxic and Protect stall. Kyurem-B also looks annoying as it 2HKOes Alomomola and destroys CeleTran.
Every core has its own weaknesses the team is good if u r able to counter or at least check all the counters to the core :3, and I have a question we can post ORAS OU Cores only?

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Every core has its own weaknesses the team is good if u r able to counter or at least check all the counters to the core :3, and I have a question we can post ORAS OU Cores only?
Yeah ORAS OU teams only since this is in the "Overused" section and obviously the cores won't be able to cover everything since it's only 3 mons. That's why you have other team members to support the core and the team overall.

EDIT: Just a reminder to those that reserved cores, you have till Sunday to post them, since Voting will start that day and last through Wednesday or Thursday (I'll let you guys know how long it'll be).

Last edited:
Offensive Core:

The basic premise of this core is to SD priority spam the opponent to death. In all seriousness though, Crawdaunt is a fantastic wall breaker and pairs very nicely with talonflame, who acts as a cleaner after the right holes have been knocked through the opponent's team. Venusaur acts as a much needed glue for the core that helps it to deal with bulky water types (I'm looking at you, Azu), certain fairies and fast electric types. EQ > HP Fire on MVenu for the clutch Heatran lure and because this team already annihilates the typical bulky steel types that you would need it for. I chose to run max speed on Talonflame so that you at least speed tie with other bird spammers, since this core can get wrecked easily by it.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake

Offensive Core:

The basic premise of this core is to SD priority spam the opponent to death. In all seriousness though, Crawdaunt is a fantastic wall breaker and pairs very nicely with talonflame, who acts as a cleaner after the right holes have been knocked through the opponent's team. Venusaur acts as a much needed glue for the core that helps it to deal with bulky water types (I'm looking at you, Azu), certain fairies and fast electric types. EQ > HP Fire on MVenu for the clutch Heatran lure and because this team already annihilates the typical bulky steel types that you would need it for. I chose to run max speed on Talonflame so that you at least speed tie with other bird spammers, since this core can get wrecked easily by it.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
Pretty Good,sweet tho :3

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Just so you know, we are not accepting cores at the moment and to those that reserved and did not finish it will not be on this list, because it's the end of the week and it's voting time ^_^

I'm gonna be nice and select 1 core per person, and remember, you get 1 vote! I recommend saying "I vote for Core (Number)" Also please don't vote for yourselves. Here are the cores you can vote for:

If you posted multiple cores, and would like me to pick a different one than the one I selected, please let me or Team Pokepals know ASAP!

Just comment below what team you want to vote for to cast your vote. GL to everyone.

(P.S. If no one votes, we will choose a winner or no one will win)

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm guessing we can't vote for our own core.
I vote for Core 14 (AD impish john)
I'm going to try some of these cores in action, some of them seem really great!

Reactions: TPP
Albacore's Core its an awesome core and the best thing , mega slot is still left which makes this core more flexible for doing experiments also all the 3 mons synergies good with the common mega evolutions :3.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Albacore's Core its an awesome core and the best thing , mega slot is still left which makes this core more flexible for doing experiments also all the 3 mons synergies good with the common mega evolutions :3.
Are you voting for it? I'd prefer it if we only had comments with votes atm since all the cores should be explained by now.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)