Project Type Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Approved by AM and Aragorn the King <-- The real MVP's
Co-managed with AD impish john

Shoutout to Analytic for the banner!
Type Cores are cores that originate from 3 types that work well together. They can be great offensively, or have really good defensive synergy. The goal of this project will be to have the community come up with cores for the types for that week, and hopefully discover new cores in the process. It'll be more focused on type affiliations and type synergy, and not so much on partners and threats.

We'd prefer if you don't just copy cores from the Good Cores thread and use those as your own, but if you have different mons and sets, then we're fine with that.

Innovation is great, as long as it's viable and effective. If someone's core has a problem, please help them nicely, and don't start petty arguments. The rules are below. Reserving cores is allowed. You can post multiple cores, but when voting time comes, I'll pick only 1 core per person. Try to limit yourselves and let others have an opportunity to post cores as well.

1. Each week we'll nominate a type core, and during the following week the community will submit cores to this thread. Each core will require an explanation of its efficiency, and be sure to explain any unusual EV spreads or moves used. Each core requires 3 mons.

2. After the week has passed, we will all vote for the best core for that week. Everyone gets 2 votes.

3. The winner and their core will be placed in the Hall of Fame.

4. Good Luck and Have Fun ;)

If you want an example, then you can look through the good cores forum. I'll leave one below
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores-check-post-714.3524713/page-17#post-6037180

Last edited:

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
One of my favourite FWG cores to use ever.

Basic premise of this core is Mega Charizard X + Serperior, and Starmie being sort of like a supportive Pokemon. Serperior takes out a lot of Mega Charizard X's checks and counters, in particular the likes of Mega Diancie, Hippowdon, Slowbro, Quagsire, Azumarill, Landorus-T, Alomomola, and Tyranitar. In return Mega Charizard X deals with Fire- and Grass-type Pokemon troubling Serperior such as Volcarona and Celebi and can set up on the likes of Mega Manectric which outright outspeed and KO Serperior. Serperior is also aided by Mega Charizard X's wallbreaking power to clean up later on or just sweep outright. Starmie is a cool addition to the core because it provides the ability to remove entry hazards, particularly Stealth Rock, which are detrimental to Mega Charizard X. With Ice Beam, it also deals nicely with Mega Altaria, and also Heatran which is really annoying for Mega Charizard X and Serperior to face.

With Glare, Serperior cripples Talonflame and Mega Altaria on the switch, the biggest threats to this core. Enjoy n_n

Fireproof (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Dreaming Alone (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Neon Lights (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
Hi,I am Tushar Raj I wanna share my favourite or as core I.e. Charizard-Mega Y + Keldeo + Serperior

Tushar Cool (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

BlackBloodz (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Grumtastic (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare

• This is my sets,Modest nature gives Charizard brutal power its the best wall breaker in the meta, solarbeam is useful to kill water types,Focus blast helps charizard to check ttar and heatran and roost is the main recovery,Charizard's role is to faint pokemons in early game and making it easy for other pokemons to sweep, or its job is to late-game clean after its threats are gone,if zard is your win-con then preserving it for late game is best option.
  • Keldeo synergies awesome with Charizard scarf helps this core to faint sacrfed lando-t,well scald can't ohko lando-t ,but still it does like 96% or more while hydro pump can ohko,scarf helps keldeo to revenge kill mega lop or it can switch in the fake out and then kill it,Secret Sword hits pokemon on defense which is a very cool thing,Hydro Pump is the main stab which faints almost anything which serperior and cahrizard can't check,The role of keldeo is to switch-out and hit with the most appropriate move according to the situation,while hp electric helps to check slowbro(which is a common switch-in) and Gyarados as gyara is a threat for this team,if your win-con is keldeo then dont try to use it a lot in early game because it can get toxiced or paralyzed. U can also try specs over scarf.
  • Serperior is the stall breaker ,contracy is an awesome ability,u can switch-out while opponent used defog which can even 6-0 the opposing team after evasion boost,leaf storm is the main stab which kills all the water types in the meta after +2,dragon pulse helps to deal with dragon types which are resisted to its main stab for ex lati twins,zard X etc,HP fire helps to deal with sci or and ferro which are checks to it,HP ground is also optional to deal with heatran,glare helps to paralyze pokemon on switch-ins u can also try sub to take less damage or taunt to break stall better.
This Core is weak to talonflame and zard Y ,Tyranitar is a team option which deals with both banded ttar is used if you are using scarfed keldeo and vice-versa, this core is also a bit mega Alt weak so steel type sweepers are good for ex Lucario,Excadrill etc,stall breaker talonflame is also an option but it makes this team rocks weak.This core is very fragile so this is common that all the three members faint like dominos. So this is important to think before u act. P.S. good luck and have fun with this core :3.

Last edited:
I'd like to share one of my favorite stall cores in ORAS, M-Venu + Quagsire + Heatran.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

What the core tries to do is to eat up hits and dish out chip damage on the opponent, spread status, and not become setup fodder. None of which are too tricky. To begin, Heatran is the primary special wall, eating up common special hits such as Lati's Dracos and Volcarona's Bug Buzz, both of which can easily punch holes through Quag and Venu. He can also spread status via Toxic and Lava Plume, as well as shut down set up sweepers entirely with Taunt. In return, Venusaur can eat up powerful fighting type attacks and check the likes of Keldeo, Rotom-W, and Azumarill, all powerful mons that can greatly threaten Tran, force switches with Leech Seed and Sleep Powder, and keep it's own health up with Sythesis. Quagsire acts as a reliable switch into Smogonbird, not fearing the SD on the switch in. It also works in tandem with Heatran to spread status, carrying Toxic as well as Scald. Other mons that are checked by Quag include Zard X and Bisharp.

This core is weak, however to powerful wallbreakers such as Mega Gyarados and Kyurem-Black, as the former can Taunt and Sub/DDance in front of Heatran, ignore Quagsire's Unaware with Mold Breaker, and easily 2HKO Mega Venu with Crunch after SR damage. The later, Kyurem-Black just clicks Ice Beam and blows a hole in the core, save for Heatran which is OKHO'ed by and Earth Power. As far as answers to Mega Gyarados, Ferrothorn could be added to your team, as it not only hits it hard with Power Whip and punish it for attacking (to an extent) with Iron Barbs, it also provides additional hazards in Spikes, which is always nice for stall. Ferro can also potentially beat Kyurem-Black with Gyro Ball, so a set of Spikes/PW/GB/Leech Seed could be used to cover these particular weaknesses.

Enjoy :P

Last edited:
I intend to nominate Heatran + Amoonguss + Slowking

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EV: 248 HP, 164 Sp. Attack, 96 Sp. Def
Modest Nature
-Ice Beam
-Scald
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Tail

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp. Defense
Bold Nature
-Spore
-Synthesis
-Clear Smog
-Giga Drain

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Defense, 4 Speed
Calm Nature
-Stone Edge
-Lava Plume
-Roar
-Stealth Rock

The Amoonguss + Slowking duo is a well known Regenerator core, but is weak to CB Talonflame who 2HKOs Slowking, so it cannot reliably switch in. With landorus gone, this trio became exponentially more difficult to bust down.
This trio can fit in balanced or stall teams as a check to weather teams, with Slowking or amoonguss walling, and Heatran to deal with Tornadus-T.
Being a FWG core, they share excellent type synergy, Slowking can absorb psychic attacks aimed at amoonguss, amoonguss can absorb spores, etc. This trio is a tad prone to being broken by Gallade or Medicham, but they aren't too common at the moment.

Reactions: TPP
Here's a core I really like that has basically trash defensive synergy, but the offensive synergy is awesome

Celebi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure
Modest Nature
EVs 252 HP / 148 SpA / 108 Spe
Substitute
Baton Pass
Giga Drain
Earth Power

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
Hasty Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
V-Create
Bolt Strike
U-turn
Glaciate

Azumarril @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Belly Drum
Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Knock Off

This core is mostly fun because of Victini. This set is its hardest to wall, imo. It does an excellent job of luring stuff out that would usually check it like chomp (honestly most chomp sets, just all in different ways), gliscor, lando T, etc., and smacking them w/ glaciate. It is at most a guaranteed 2hko on any of these mons, and the best part is, it out speeds all of them after the speed drop w/ any set except scarfchomp, which it does up to 79% against. It is really only hard walked by swampert and quagsire and kinda rotom W (well and H, I guess, but, lol).

However, Victini wouldn't be so effective if not for celebi. Celebis set seems odd, but it has a purpose. So, first and for most, it passes subs to Vic so it can spam V-Create. The EVs have several purposes; the SpA let's it guarantee the ohko against bisharp after rocks, and the Spe, as everyone knows, let's it outspeed max speed bisharp. The HP lets it pass 101 HP subs, which is great. Bisharp would otherwise be quite a nuisance to this core, so this is basically crucial.

Azumarril is obviously the wincon once Vic has broken stuff up a bit (or a lot). Everyone knows just how scary belly jet azumarril is to face, especially behind a sub, which celebi provides.

This core is INCREDIBLY weak to Gengar and, to a lesser extent, Talonflame; two major threats that you really need to prepare for. However, the coverage is insane, and it's way fun to watch Victini SWEEP a couple mons, despite its lack of any sort of boosting options. Then it's even more fun to destroy everything that's left w/ azumarril.

Ah, how much I love FWG cores. While they have been severely nerfed as the generations went on I still feel as though it is a strong defensive core.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Alright this is one of my favorite fwg cores because of the diversity of it. It fits onto bulky offense really well and can be used on some faster paced offenses. The diversity of it comes from the fact that each mon in the core can run a good amount of sets. A variation I have used is something like rocks twave celebi choice scarf heatran and sub cm keldeo (Keldeo check/Meta check, bird/offense check, win condition which is usually good versus stall) But again the sets are as far as your own creativity goes. Overall the things you will get out of this core pretty much always is a keldeo check, a bird check, a stallbreaker/win condition, and an offense check. Bulky Sd scizor and mega meta gross are good partners as they help the core check a lot more and bring decent type synergy to the core. On the sets I posted here most of them are self explanatory I am using celebi +keldeo to decimate bulky walls on stall I prefer cm sub but you can run scarf specs or 4 attacks expert belt if you want, but like I said I just happened to be using a variation that thrashes fat teams I chose a bulky tran to check birds better. So while this core isn't innovation by any means, it has a variety of options and has good both offensive and defensive synergy.

Thanks to those of you who read my wall of text. :)

Edit Core is weak to gar if you lack scarf tran or keldeo so be careful and also be sure to add a member to you team who can beat tornadus-t reliably, otherwise this core should be good.

Edit2: Also this core like I said has many variations, the sets are up to you. Also if you lack scarf keld with hp electric it's pretty much beaten by dd sub gyara and mega dactyl is big threat too, so rotom-w Is also a good partner to this core as well.

Last edited:
Mega Sceptile + Heatran + Azumarill.

+
+

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 80 Atk / 212 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Rock Slide

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Heatran easily switches in on Steel-types such as Klefki, Skarmory and Jirachi which Mega Sceptile cannot touch and can threaten them with a STAB Fire-move. In return, Mega Sceptile obliterates Water-types which can wall Heatran. Scarf Heatran allows you to have something to revenge kill Mega Altaria, Talonflame, Mega Beedrill and Mega Metagross, all Pokemon which threatens Mega Sceptile offensively while Mega Sceptile can clean up weakened teams or Water types which are threats to Heatran. Azumarill is added to this core to act as a wallbreaker on bulky Grounds such as Hippowdon, Gliscor and Garchomp. It can take care of Tyranitar, Latios and Keldeo which can be tricky for Heatran to muscle past. Since Heatran and Mega Sceptile has Super Effective coverage on Ferrothorn, Knock Off is run on Azumarill to provide utility. Rock Slide Mega Sceptile allows you to lure in and KO Talonflame, Mega Charizard-Y and Mega Aerodactyl, all huge threats to this core.

212 Speed on Sceptile allows you to outrun base 115s such as Starmie and Raikou before Mega Evolving. 80 Atk allows you to 2HKO Mega Zard-Y and Tornadus-T with Rock Slide.

EDIT: LOL Team Pokepals I didn't notice the link to the core. Now that i read about the core, I realised I'm using different sets to the example. I'm perfectly fine if I'm asked to do something else though.

EDIT 2: Since I don't want to be greedy and I have already written something else up, I relinquish my right to this core. But I'll still leave the sets here as a resource in case newer players want to read about it.

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Mega Sceptile + Heatran + Azumarill.

Will write it up in a few minutes.
That one is on the good cores page and I linked it above as the example, so I'd kinda prefer it if you didn't use that one. Sorry for the inconvenience

Edit: If it's different sets then I think it'll be fine by me. I'll change that in the OP.

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
gdi Shadow_Sneak I was literally just about to post that one.

Okay here's another one I posted in the good cores thread back in late XY, and if anything, it's even more relevant now than it was back then:

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Taunt / Will-O-Wisp

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes / Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball / Protect

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect Type / Psyshock

The main reason I like this core is that it offers both a hazard setter and a hazard remover, and doesn't take up a mega slot, which gives your team a lot of freedom. It's mosly a defensive core, but it has enough offensive presence not to get steamrolled by a bunch of attackers.

Talonflame+Ferrothorn works pretty well because both of them resist each other's weaknesses. Talonflame is vulnerable to Rock-types like Diancie and Tyranitar, Electric-types like Raikou, and Water-types like Azumarill, Manaphy and Slowbro, all of which are dealt with by Ferrothorn. It can also handle most Ground-types, most of which handle Talonflame well.
In return, Talonflame checks Fighting-types and can switch into certain Fire-type moves from the likes of Mega Charizard-Y. It also acts as a counter to Mega Sableye, who completely shuts down Ferrothorn, and as a general revenge-killer.
As it is, the core is very weak to entry hazards, Keldeo, and Hetaran. Starmie fits perfectly, since it deals with both of these things very well very well. It serves as a secondary Fighting- and Water- resist, and also acts as a very good Scald absorber since, thanks to Natural Cure, it doesn't fear Burns nearly as much as Ferrothorn does.
A few things do destroy this core though, Electric-types that can beat or severely cripple Ferrothorn like Manetcric, Raikou and Rotom-W being the main culprits. Charizard-X can also be a major pain for the core, as can, ironically, Talonflame itself. SD Bisharp can also put a huge dent in the core if Talonflaem is a Taunt variants. Thus, Hippowdon is a really good partner for this core and is often used alongside it.

Last edited:
Introducing Feraligatr + Zard-X + Serperior

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Serperior @ Meadow Plate
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Knock Off

Notice that Mega Charizard-X's switch-ins are Hippowdon, Rotom-W, Slowbro, Quagsire, Rhyperior, Mega Altaria and Heatran? Well, most of the Pokemon the list above are hit Super Effectively by Contrary Leaf Storm from Serperior while Heatran and Mega Altaria can be taken care of by Feraligatr due to Waterfall and Ice Punch. Serperior also have HP Fire to deal with Ferrothorn so that Charizard doesn't need to kill itself with recoil trying to hit it with Flare Blitz. It also frees up a slot for Ice Punch, which, as mentioned lures Mega Altaria (and has the bonus of providing good coverage alongside it's Water STAB as it also hits Garchomp and other Flying types hard).

Then, you notice that Serperior's checks and Feraligar's checks such as Grass-types and Flying-types (+ Electric types for Gatr and Fairies for Serperior) can be muscled past by Mega Charizard-X. Also, Feraligatr's Water + Dark + Ice coverage hits Lati@s, bulky Grounds, Mega Altaria and Fire-types while also retaining a strong neutral hit with Waterfall, allowing you to wear down the opposing team and clean up easier.

Last edited:
Starmie + Volcarona + Mega Venusaur
+
+

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Starmie provides Rapid Spin support, which Volcarona greatly needs and Mega Venusaur appreciates since it doesn't enjoy switching into Stealth Rock. Starmie helps Volcarona to get rid of Heatran, Gyarados, Garchomp, Rhyperior, Hippowdon and hitting Flying-types hard with Ice Beam. Mega Venusaur supports the core with it's ability to take hits from Azumarill, Keldeo, Psychic-less Manaphy and non-HP Flying Thundurus while also acting as a counter to Mega Altaria and Mega Diancie. It also carries Earthquake to lure Heatran and Bisharp which can be dangerous to the core. In return, Volcarona can switch into Mega Sableye, Scizor, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn for Starmie and Mega Venusaur and set-up on them. Volcarona's dual STABs also allows it to deal huge damage to Tyranitar, Lati@s and bulky Psychics, all of whom can be troublesome for the core. Starmie's great Speed also allows it to dent something hard before going down.

This core has a huge weakness to Flying-types which outspeed Starmie such as Tornadus-T, Mega Aerodactyl and Talonflame. It also gets murdered by Kyurem-B

Last edited:
Hi,i have one more core, that is Heatran+Roserade+Starmie.This core is kinda gimmicky.
+
+

Avarice87 (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Orda-Y (Roserade) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Modest Nature
IVs: 31 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Shooting Starmie (Starmie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect Type
- Recover

This one of the most uncommon core,or maybe nobody use this.
  • The first member of the team is my stealth rock setter,trapper and a stallbreaker this pokemon does all the three roles perfectly.Air Balloon allows it to dodge ground type moves,Magma storm is the trapping move it traps pokemons like chansey and helps to faint them using taunt :3,settting up stealth rock is the most common statergy which helps to deal with flying types,earth power is there for other heatrans and for keldeo switch-in,taunt is the reason why this pokemon is called stallbreaker.
  • Roserade uh i mean Scarfed Roserade is what i thought when i was chatting to Team pokepals in Showdown!,i realised that scarfed roserade can do alot to opposing team,sludge bomb is there for faries while giga drain kills fast water pokemons, shadow ball is there because almost all ghost weak mons are outspeeded by scarfed roserade it 2hkos all of them , hp rock is chosen to kill zards,talon and alot of other flying types.The calcs are below.

• This core is kinda weak to bisharp so there is a saviour called starmie,reflect type starmie is one of the best counter to bisharp ,u can even try cm , sub keldeo over starmie,starmie's job is to spin the hazards away and spam scald against, mostly steel types starmie scalds mega metagross so mega meta have to switch-out and it is later checked by Roserade,zard Y cant kill a Fire/Flying Starmie so it counters Zard Y 2,recovery makes starmie more consistent and helps to revive :3.

So here are a few rose calcs and an optional set
252+ SpA Roserade Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Metagross: 172-204 (57.1 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Roserade Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gengar: 236-278 (91.1 - 107.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Roserade Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 172-204 (57.5 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Roserade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 188-222 (46.5 - 54.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Roserade Shadow Ball vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 148-176 (46.3 - 55.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

most of them are 2hko'ed so after a bit of damage all of them are ohko'ed,it just need support.
252+ SpA Technician Roserade Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 240-284 (80.8 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Technician Roserade Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 372-440 (125.2 - 148.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Technician Roserade Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Tornadus-T: 256-302 (85.6 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Technician Roserade Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Staraptor: 316-374 (101.6 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Technician Roserade Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 210-248 (65 - 76.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock.

so most of them are ohko'ed without any support, alot of peoples will use these^ pokemons to revenge kill roserade and roserade easily kill them, because nobody expects a scarfed roserade :3.
252+ SpA Life Orb Roserade Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 152-179 (50 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO[/hide] << mega sab will surely switch out and u can set up spikes

Life orb roserade is also optional evs for life orb roserade>>>
Orda-Y (Roserade) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder / Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]

it is one of a few spike setter which can set spike against mega sableye,mega sab will switch-out because it don't wanna get 2hko'ed :3.

0 SpA Starmie Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Metagross: 79-94 (26.2 - 31.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock << this damage can help roserade to sweep :3

0 SpA Starmie Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 152-182 (51.1 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Starmie Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 74-90 (24.9 - 30.3%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

it can survive the sun turn and kill it or give it minor damage and kiill it later :3

This core is pretty weak to mega pinsir and mega Lop so Hippo is an awesome partner,u can even try mega pinsir with this core it synergies good with this core,This is a new core so you guys can also find good members :3.

P.S.Hope you guys liked my Gimmicky idea and gl hf if somebody is thinking to try this core,have a nice day :3.

Last edited:
Azumarill + Charizard Y + Ferrothorn

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Roost
- Solar Beam

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

This FWG core has worked out extremely well for me. Charizard Y is checked by mons such as Mega Altaria, the Lati twins, Talonflame, and Victini. Ferrothorn does a great job against Mega Alt, and Latias/Latios if they aren't running HP Fire, (with Gyro Ball) and it also sets up rocks which help Azumarill clean. Azumarill gets rid of the pesky fire types that annoy Ferrothorn with its Water STABs, and also things like Hippowdon, Tyranitar, and Dragonite. With 84 Speed EVs, it outspeeds uninvested Base 60's such as Clefable. Choice Band is to literally just destroy mons like Victini with Aqua Jet. Azumarill gets bodied by some steel types, and Mega Venusaur. Char Y does a great job against M-Venu, with Fire Blast in the sun, it has a very high chance to 2HKO. Azumarill with Knock Off helps get rid of Chansey's Eviolite, causing less of a stall fest. Modest nature on Charizard gives it much more power, as its able to hit hard against threats to the core such as Talonflame. Roost helps it stay alive, especially if rocks are up, and you can spam Fire Blast with sun to punch holes. Kyurem-B, scarfed Lando-T, Excadrill (with scarf or sand), and Raikou can bop Charizard but Ferrothorn is there to save it. Since Talonflame is a hassle to deal with, Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs + recoil with Ferrothorn will deal tons of damage to that fire bird. Hope you guys liked this core, enjoy! n_n

Last edited:
Hello n_n, this is my 3rd and last fwg core :),its Victini+Crawdaunt+Breloom Trick room offense! :D.
Victini @ Iron Ball
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Trick Room
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Swords Dance

Breloom @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch / Force Palm
- Bullet Seed
- Drain Punch

This is a trick room team in which all the three pokemon offers offense,and the best thing is mega slot is still left :3.
Victini is the offensive Trick room setter of the team,iron ball decreases its speed and v-create do the same which makes Victini super slow in trick room,volt strike is effective against water types,while zen headbutt is a good stab :3.
Crawdaunt is the sweeper of the team which is probably the best sweeper under trick room,Adaptiblity + Swords dance + life orb makes it super powerful while aqua jet has priority which is usable when trick room is down,crabhammer is one of the most powerful physical water type attack while knock off is a stab which is helpful against almost all 110 speed pokemons :3.

Breloom is the late game cleaner of the team,Spore is an awesome move which gives opponent a sleep status,while mach punch is the priority move with technician ,force palm is also optional and it can paralyze the opponent but I don't really like that,drain punch is a draining move which is quite helpful.

There are a lot of pokemons which synergies good with this core I will suggest ,to add two more trick room user and preserve one of them for late game :3,Porygon 2 is a good trick room user while Bronzong also synergies well an.d can set up rocks,Ampharos-mega is also a decent option but there are a lot of mega mons which synergies good with this team :].

P.S. Thanks for your time and have a nice day.[/hide][/hide]

Last edited:

davidTheMaster

TheMasterMind
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

At the beginning I wanted to start on a fun core around Mega-Venusaur, I thought why not a FWG core ? I took the decision to choose Suicune and Talonflame here are the explications.
Mega-Venusaur is mainly walled by Heatran who is his best counter imo, after that there's also Pokémons that can used Psychic- and Flying-Types moves that can threaten Mega-Venusaur ,Suicune I choosed the Crocune set, this set is op and the best in my opinion, it helps me against the Fire Type but he also can come on Mega Pinsir, Talonflame CB/Sharp Beak, Mega-/Alakazam LO ( Crocune is 3hko by his Psychic ) the main pokémons able to hurt Suicune are the big Grass- and Electric-Type, all are checked by Mega-Venusaur, For Talonflame I was going on a SpD but as I said I wanted that core to be fun so I went for the Bulk Up set which is very formidable if your opponent isn't prepared you can easily win, these main counters are pokemons who are immune to Will-O-Wisp, who can inflict a status problem and can hit on these weakness, note that Bulky Waters are handled by Suicune and Mega-Venusaur.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics / Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Taunt / Will-O-Wisp

Venusaur is like Excadrill in Sand. he is the Sweeper with his ability Chlorophyll which double his speed and also with a good move coverage and an access to Synthesis which restores 66% of his life under the Sun or Sleep Powder that can asleep a pokemon preventing Mega-Charizard-Y and Venusaur to Sweep, main checks are Chansey, Lati@s, Tornadus-Therian. Starmie is a spinner here, classic role here, important because I'm playing Zard-Y who is loosing 50% of his life just coming on the field otherwise He is also checking Heatran and Keldeo, 2 annoying mons for Zard and Venu (especially outside of sun)
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Nature Modest / Timid
- Fire Blast / Flametrowher
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder / Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock

Last edited:
Hello n_n, this is my 3rd and last fwg core :),its Victini+Crawdaunt+Breloom Trick room offense! :D.
Victini @ Iron Ball
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- V-create
- Trick Room
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Swords Dance

Breloom @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch / Force Palm
- Bullet Seed
- Drain Punch

This is a trick room team in which all the three pokemon offers offense,and the best thing is mega slot is still left :3.
Victini is the offensive Trick room setter of the team,iron ball decreases its speed and v-create do the same which makes Victini super slow in trick room,volt strike is effective against water types,while zen headbutt is a good stab :3.
Crawdaunt is the sweeper of the team which is probably the best sweeper under trick room,Adaptiblity + Swords dance + life orb makes it super powerful while aqua jet has priority which is usable when trick room is down,crabhammer is one of the most powerful physical water type attack while knock off is a stab which is helpful against almost all 110 speed pokemons :3.

Breloom is the late game cleaner of the team,Spore is an awesome move which gives opponent a sleep status,while mach punch is the priority move with technician ,force palm is also optional and it can paralyze the opponent but I don't really like that,drain punch is a draining move which is quite helpful.

There are a lot of pokemons which synergies good with this core I will suggest ,to add two more trick room user and preserve one of them for late game :3,Porygon 2 is a good trick room user while Bronzong also synergies well an.d can set up rocks,Ampharos-mega is also a decent option but there are a lot of mega mons which synergies good with this team :].

P.S. Thanks for your time and have a nice day.[/hide][/hide]
I'm pretty sure it's just a mistake, but your Victini is Quiet, has 252 SpA EVs, an Atk IV of 0 and uses physical attacks. I suppose you meant Brave and 252 Atk EVs, right?

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
This is my first time posting in something like this. Here I go:

THE LEFTOVERS SQUAD
HugMePlease (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

WashItRealGood (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

HotSummerBody (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

This defensive core is quite a solid, dispite the Fighting-Type weakness. It's meant to wear down the opponent's Pokemon using hazards (provided by Heatran and Ferrothorn), status (provided by Rotom-Wash for physical attackers and Heatran for anything in general) and to stall. They are can stay active for a while due to the fact that they all have Leftovers, plus Ferrothorn can Leech Seed stall and Rotom-Wash can Pain Split. And for a bonus, they can can absorb most statuses which would weaken the core. Heatran is immune to Will-o-Wisp and Toxic, Rotom-Wash is immume to Thunder Wave, and Ferrothorn is immume to Toxic, most Sleep moves (Spore, Sleep Powder, etc.) and Leech Seed. Plus Heatran can absorb Fire-Type move using Flash Fire, a type which Ferrothorn is helpless against. Providing that the team has a cleric and a Fighting-Type resist, this core is quite solid and can take on the OU metagame.

Infernape@Life Orb
Blaze
Naive 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Close Combat
- U-Turn
- Taunt
- Fire Blast

Gyarados@Lum Berry
Intimidate
Jolly 252 Atk / 4 Df / 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Mega Sceptile@Sceptilite
Lightning Rod
Timid 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain

This set is all about hitting hard and fast! Mega Sceptile is brutal on offensive Volt Turn teams with its great speed and offhand special attack power, making for a great revenge killer. Infernape is a good choice for a fast offensive Fire type with several useful tools. U-Turn allows it to keep the momentum up and switch to its partners. Taunt is meant for preventing hazards from coming out and other such shenanigans. and its mixed STAB options allow it to blast through a combination of several walls that would give the other two trouble like Ferrothorn, Heatran and Chansey. Gyarados uses Intimidate to prompt switches and get a DD up if possible to take advantage of the switch. It also heavily tempts the enemy to use Electric attacks, but Mega Sceptile acts as a huge deterrent. Sceptile itself uses Leaf Storm to wallbreak, otherwise it spams Dragon Pulse and Giga Drain.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Sorry I haven't been helping, I was at camp for 4 days. (It was fun tho). Anyway, besides just Voting, I will also have fun by bringing in my own cores.

Week 1 is F/W/G Cores, so here is my core. I present to you 2 Lures, 1 Mega. (Like this post if you got the joke ;] lol)

Water Weakness (Heatran) @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm/Lava Plume
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Rampage (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake/Substitute

Superior (Serperior) @ Miracle Seed
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

This offensive core is quite easy to explain. Now if you know me, I love to Lure and Trap; and Heatran does that. I love Lure Heatran as it lures in water types and then BAM, their gone with its powerful Solarbeam. This gets rid of mons such as Keldeo, Rotom-W (Defensive), Mega Slowbro, and most other Water Types, that are a pain to deal with. Now with your choice is either Magma Storm or Lava Plume; Magma Storm traps foe's for 4-5 turns but has bad accuracy, or run Lava Plume which has better accuracy and can burn opponents (I prefer Magma Storm, imo). Serperior plays the role of a Special Sweeper with its amazing Ability Contrary giving it a +2 when it uses Leaf Storm. Being the 2nd Lure user, I gave it Glare to cripple Tornadus-T that switch in to counter it, and other fast users (Glare can Paralyize every Type, except Electric type's and Pokemon with Paralysis immune Abilities). And lastly the Mega itself, Mega Gyarados. Its role is to play a Physical Sweeper, by setting up 1 Dragon Dance it becomes a major threat to the opponent, being able to potentially sweep.

252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 286-338 (88.5 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 248-292 (81.8 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 316-372 (86.8 - 102.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Starmie: 300-354 (114.5 - 135.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Slowbro: 316-372 (80.2 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 262-310 (72.5 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

^_^ Have a nice day, and also if you have any question, or problems you can ask me, since I'm Co-Managing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)