Type Optimisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Ofc we should, I mean it really helped Sylvemons, plus our sign ups are next
If we really make a playtest tourney, I put the Big Three (Arcanine/Araquanid/Hariyama) into Suspect lebel since we all agree that those three are most likely to be biggest threats. If there are anymore suspects during the playtest tourney, please warn me at this forum site's DM or on Pet Mod's Discord ASAP.

What do you think about the playtest tourney, Solarblade? Would you think it would help, or is there something anything you want to say about that first?

Last edited:
If we really make a playtest tourney, I put the Big Three (Arcanine/Araquanid/Hariyama) into Suspect lebel since we all agree that those three are most likely to be biggest threats. If there are anymore suspects during the playtest tourney, please warn me at this forum site's DM or on Pet Mod's Discord ASAP.

What do you think about the playtest tourney, Solarblade? Would you think it would help, or is there something anything you want to say about that first?
I'm open to it. Can't currently host it though (also i kind of lack experience in things like Tourneys) but it would be a good idea.

At the same time I also want to open the buffing slate for things like Dedenne so the underpowered ones would be used more. Probably after work today, so at least we are getting some progress on that front.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
I got Yoshiblaze who will do the tourney work. The tourney would be at tomorrow night (May 19th as of the writing of this post) where you will be a little more prepared, or sometime between Wednesday and Friday. He's a Room Driver in case anyone didn't know, and the tourney will be typical Showdown tourney; just sign-up, read the rules, no scouting or ghosting, have a team ready, and you are ready to go.

I got Yoshiblaze who will do the tourney work. The tourney would be at tomorrow night (May 19th as of the writing of this post) where you will be a little more prepared, or sometime between Wednesday and Friday. He's a Room Driver in case anyone didn't know, and the tourney will be typical Showdown tourney; just sign-up, read the rules, no scouting or ghosting, have a team ready, and you are ready to go.
Wednesday seems good.

In the meantime, I'm opening the buffing slate now. Basically just choose Pokemon that you feel are too underwhelming and adjust their stats/moves.

We will focus on the ones that have been mentioned so far which are: Wigglytuff, Dedenne, Guzzlord, Wishiwashi, Garbodor and Lycanroc Midday.

Obviously you can't change their types. Wishiwashi's buffing may be a special case because of Schooling, so if you give a good explanation on the buffs and if charizard8888 think it's easily codeable, then it should be okay.

I guess it would be good to try these Pokemon as it is during the next few days to get a full sense of what they lack. Aiming to close the slate at the 25th then do 48 hour voting. Maybe see if changes can be implemented before the Grand Slam?

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Wednesday seems good.

In the meantime, I'm opening the buffing slate now. Basically just choose Pokemon that you feel are too underwhelming and adjust their stats/moves.

We will focus on the ones that have been mentioned so far which are: Wigglytuff, Dedenne, Guzzlord, Wishiwashi, Garbodor and Lycanroc Midday.

Obviously you can't change their types. Wishiwashi's buffing may be a special case because of Schooling, so if you give a good explanation on the buffs and if charizard8888 think it's easily codeable, then it should be okay.

I guess it would be good to try these Pokemon as it is during the next few days to get a full sense of what they lack. Aiming to close the slate at the 25th then do 48 hour voting. Maybe see if changes can be implemented before the Grand Slam?
Sounds good. Just one question; can we only able to replace the new moves, or can we add three more if we feel that their three new moves aren't enough (as in still lacking some useful tools)?

Origin0 's Steel/Poison Garbodor
Stats
: 100 / 130 / 107 / 40 / 107 / 86 | BST: 570
Modified Stats: 120 / 120 / 110 / 40 / 110 / 70 | BST: 570 (+20 HP, -10 Atk, +3 Def, +3 SpD, -16 Spe)
Abilities: Levitate / Defiant / Aftermath
Move Replacement: N/A
Justification: As I said before, my Garbodor was supposed to be a bulky attacker with access to Spikes and Toxic Spikes for hazard stacking. I increased its bulk while sacrificing some of its attack and speed.

Last edited:
Maybe I’m ignorant but Farfetch seems weak as it’s BST is kinda low. Sure 100 ark and 120 speed aren’t bad but I’d rather use Staraptor or even the already OU war bird Hawlucha instead.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor

Samtendo09's Flying/Fairy Wigglytuff
Ability
: Adaptability | Aerilate | Technician
Current Stats: 140 / 55 (-15) / 80 (+35) / 130 (+45) / 100 (+50) / 65 (+20) (BST 570)
Modified Stats: 140 / 45 (-25) / 80 (+35) / 135 (+50) / 110 (+60) / 60 (+15) | BST: 570
Move Replacement: Calm Mind replacing Earth Power
Justification: As much as Earth Power would be a neat coverage move, it lacked of set up move outside of Competitive would make it a sitting duck compared to other Special Attackers, and it got Technician to have Hidden Power Ground anyways. I also boosted Special Defense a bit so that it can work as a Special Wall much better, especially considering Wish + Protect combo. Competitive is more situational does to being Flying, and thus Adaptability will more often than not solve the weak STABs issues if you decided not to use Aerilate or Technician.

Yoshiblaze's Grass/Electric Dedenne
Abilities:
Harvest / Cheek Pouch | Galvanize (HA)
Current Stats: 87 (+20) / 117 (+59) / 77 (+20) / 81 / 87 (+20) / 121 (+20) [BST 570]
Modified Stats: 87 (+20) / 132 (+76) / 77 (+20) / 61 (-20) / 87 (+20) / 126 (+25) [BST 570]
Move Replacement: None
Justification: Clearly, Dedenne sounds like a fun tool to fully exploit almost any kind of useful Berries, but because of Fire-type weakness (not helped by Sun reliance for Harvest), lacked of strong STABs and not strong enough Attack, it would be difficult to pull it off with multiple strong sweepers being spawned. The buffed Dedenne get a good buff on Attack so that it can sweep more properly, as well as a slight Speed buff. Sap Sipper is a bit sappy since its resist Grass-type moves just fine and both STABs are resisted by Grass, so Galvanize will help it getting a stronger STAB in the form of Electric Return if you decided that Wild Charge would not worth the weight.

Yung Drump's Ghost/Dragon Guzzlord
Abilities:
Beast Boost / Glutonny | Unaware
Current Stats: 173 (-50) / 111 (+10) / 73 (+20) / 97 / 73 (+20) / 43 (570)
Modified Stats: 113 (-110) / 71 (-30) / 67 (+14) / 139 (+42) / 67 (+14) / 113 (+70) (570)
Move Replacement: Nasty Plot replacing Belly Drum
Justification: Yes, I know that making it special oriented is a bit against Guzzlord's toothy munching nature, but it already won the Ghost/Dragon slate, a type that works much better on Special Attack than on Attack. At least I kept Gluttony. Anyways, Nasty Plot instead of Belly Drum with Beast Boost into account may seems overkill for a Pokémon with a Base Special Attack of 139, but remember that Sucker Punch and Ice Shard can put a dent into it, and Scarfed Tapus (or Scarf-less Tapu Koko) can make a quick work of it. Draco Meteor, a powerful Dragon move, also put down Nasty Plot's boost after one use, so there's that. Unaware is in case you want to deal with annoying walls who increase their Special Defense or to endure a resisted attack and revenge kill much more easily without worrying about their boosted stats.

If any of those buffs are too absurd, please warn me about it.

EDIT: Plenty of people are using their own version to buff Lycanroc-Midday, so I focus on another lesser candidate; Dedenne.

Last edited:
The Reptile's Rock/Normal Lycanroc-Midday

Current Stats: 75/120(+5)/60(-5)/55/60(-5)/117(+5) [BST 487]
New Stats: 75/180(+60)/60/55/60/140(+23) [BST 570]
Abilities: Technician / Strong Jaw / Sturdy (HA)
New Moves (replacing the 3 previous ones): Ice Fang, Fake Out, U-Turn
Notable Other Moves: Accelerock, Taunt, Rock Tomb, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Crunch, Sucker Punch, Bulk Up, Swords Dance, Endeavor, Iron Head, Drill Run, Stealth Rock, Last Resort (meme option for its suicide lead sets), Snarl (meme option for pivot sets), Facade

Borrowing from Kartana's design, this is a fearsome glass cannon with a bad offensive/defensive typing and lack of moves with high bp that makes up for it in a stellar speed tier, unsurpassed attack and crazy versatility of its sets. It can act as a lead, anti-lead, stallbreaker, hazard setter, offensive pivot, z-move user...the list goes on. Counterplay includes opposing priority (3 of the best of which it's weak to), things that use Substitute, and burning it

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Current Stats: 75/120(+5)/60(-5)/55/60(-5)/117(+5) [BST 487]
New Stats: 75/180(+60)/60/55/60/140(+23) [BST 570]
Abilities: Technician / Strong Jaw / Sturdy (HA)
New Moves: Ice Fang, Fake Out, U-Turn
Notable Other Moves: Accelerock, Taunt, Rock Tomb, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Crunch, Sucker Punch, Bulk Up, Swords Dance, Endeavor, Iron Head, Drill Run, Stealth Rock, Last Resort (meme option for its suicide lead sets), Snarl (meme option for pivot sets), Facade

Borrowing from Kartana's design, this is a fearsome glass cannon with a bad offensive/defensive typing and lack of moves with high bp that makes up for it in a stellar speed tier, unsurpassed attack and crazy versatility of its sets. It can act as a lead, anti-lead, stallbreaker, hazard setter, offensive pivot, z-move user...the list goes on. Counterplay includes opposing priority (3 of the best of which it's weak to), things that use Substitute, and burning it
fighting this in a nutshell

fighting this in a nutshell
fwiw Hariyama is a check, as it would have to deal with its Mach Punch by running Sash or Sturdy Zen Headbutt.

But then again Hariyama is broken I guess? It is "optimization" might as well go pokeballs to the wall lol. Worked for GameFreak :swole:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
fwiw Hariyama is a check, as it would have to deal with its Mach Punch by running Sash or Sturdy Zen Headbutt.

But then again Hariyama is broken I guess? It is "optimization" might as well go pokeballs to the wall lol. Worked for GameFreak :swole:
I do believe that Hariyama is very, very likely to get nerfed anyways. Thus that excuse comes off as a bit weak and we wouldn't still accept such a high Attack stat does to balance-related issue it would cause.

Let's Buff Farfetch'd
BST
: 82(+30)/120(+30)/85/55/92(+30)/123(+3) (570)
Abilities: Super Luck/Aerilate/Defiant
New Moves: Cross Chop, High Jump Kick

To balance out its buffs, I removed Brick Break. Doesn't sound like much, but hopefully Farfetch'd will have the much more desirable 570 BST than 477 (seriously?! Why was it that low?)

Super Luck with Stick is critsville, but you could use Cross Chop or, god help you, Aerialate Slash for ensured Crits instead. 123 speed is good, but is definitely outrunnable especially by some electric types, a few who've even been buffed.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Let's Buff Farfetch'd
BST
: 82(+30)/120(+30)/85/55/92(+30)/123(+3) (570)
Abilities: Super Luck/Aerilate/Defiant
New Moves: Cross Chop, High Jump Kick

To balance out its buffs, I removed Brick Break. Doesn't sound like much, but hopefully Farfetch'd will have the much more desirable 570 BST than 477 (seriously?! Why was it that low?)

Super Luck with Stick is critsville, but you could use Cross Chop or, god help you, Aerialate Slash for ensured Crits instead. 123 speed is good, but is definitely outrunnable especially by some electric types, a few who've even been buffed.
Imo Sniper over either of Aerilate or Defiant would make it really good too

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Abilities:
Scrappy / Sand Rush / Rock Head (HA)
Current Stats: 75 / 120 (+5)/ 60 (-5) / 55 / 60 (-5) / 117 (+5) [BST 487]
Modified Stats: 85 (+10) / 133 (+17) / 65 / 55 / 95 (+30) / 137 (+25) [BST 570]
Move Replacement: -Wild Charge, +Head Smash
Justification: Firstly, a Rock Head Rock type with no Head Smash? That's a bad joke. You might say that axing Wild Charge makes it easier to be beaten by Water types, but Double Edge hits just as hard and I'd rather have insurance anyways. I also decided to give some notable bulk, as 75 / 60 / 60 is just pitiful. Now, while most physical priority attacks will still end it, its special bulk is now usable. 133 is an acceptable Attack stat, and 137 speed allows it basically outrun most of the crappy 135 speed tier. Also I gave it Scrappy so that non Head Smash sets (Lycanium Z sets) can smash ghosts freely.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Samtendo09's Flying/Fairy Wigglytuff
Ability
: Fur Coat | Aerilate | Technician
Old New Stats: 140 / 60 (-10) / 80 (+35) / 130 (+45) / 100 (+50) / 65 (+20) (BST 570)
New New Stats: 140 / 60 (-10) / 45 / 160 (+75) / 100 (+50) / 65 (+20) (BST 570)
Ability Replacement: Fur Coat replacing Competitive
Move Replacement: Nasty Plot replacing Earth Power
Justification: Overall this buffed Wiggly is supposed to fit the same niche as Xurkitree, a terrifying wallbreaker, instead of the tanky, slow wallbreaker-ish, jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none from before.
Competitive is replaced with Fur Coat, but defense is decreased a lot. This gives Wiggly more or less the same physical bulk as before and lets you use the same strategies as before, but frees up stat points so it can be more offensive. With higher Special Attack, Wiggly can fully utilize Aerilate Hyper Voice or Technician Draining Kiss as intended in Sam's original submission. However, Technician and Aerilate sets are now paper-thin physically.
Note: Competitive on a Flying-type mon won't trigger on Sticky Webs, and makes it more situational than ever. I think regardless of other changes, it should be changed with another ability.

Gravity Monkey's Electric/Fairy Rotom-Fan
Current Stats
: 50 / 65 / 107 / 105 / 107 / 86 | BST: 520
Modified Stats: 110 / 40 / 130 / 110 / 130 / 50 | BST: 570 (+60 HP, -25 Atk, +23 Def, +5 SpA, +23 SpD, -36 Spe)
Abilities: Levitate
New Moves: Moonblast, +Recover, +U-turn
Removed Moves: Air Slash
Justification: I think this is very underwhelming as a "bulky pivot." 50 / 105 / 105 defenses is quite low, especially the HP, and it doesn't have the recovery to consistently switch in and out throughout a match. The new stats are huge buffs, with 110 / 130 / 130 defenses to survive hits from even powerful attackers. Its special attack isn't super high but then being an attacker isn't its main role, and having low speed can actually be advantageous because it allows Rotom-Fan to act as a slow bulky pivot for its teammates. I also gave it Recover for reliable recovery and U-turn in case it needs to pivot out on a Ground-type or other Electric-immune switch-in. As for abilities, Levitate is fine as it grants an immunity to one of its two weaknesses and prevents Spikes/Toxic Spikes damage. You could add Regenerator if you really wanted to, but that could potentially push it too far in my opinion.

This is what happens when I miss a few days due to doing life things.

Gonna abuse the hell outta the no limit on subs rule for rn. May change later if we decide that having subs for FUCKING EVERYTHING is too much.

I also won't be around probably the next 2 weeks as much as I'd like due to finals, so welp. I'll try to be here for any rebalancing slates even if I have to work at 10 PM again.

NOTES: Samtendo's Wigglytuff has 575 BST anyways, so it's already too much. Thank god it may just get a rework.

Samtendo's Flying/Fairy Wigglytuff
Rework Concept:
Change relying on Aerilate for damage to focusing on Technician or Competitive as a bait.
Old Stats: 140 / 60 / 80 / 130 / 100 / 65 (570 BST)
New Stats: 130 (-10) / 60 / 60 (-20) / 130 / 90 (-10) / 100 (+35) (570 BST)
Abilities: Competitive, Frisk, Technician (HA)
(Old) Added Moves: Air Slash, Earth Power, Draining Kiss
Move Changes: -All 3 original added moves and Focus Blast, +Calm Mind, Mud Shot, and Hurricane

Justification: WigglyBUFF, am I right? Anyways, borrowing from CAP's Stratagem, Wigglytuff gets a choice of two very nice abilities: Competitive and Technician. Wigglytuff becomes a defog baiting monster, able to set up rocks and abuse Defog removal with an instant +2 Special Attack otherwise rare to get as it only gets Calm Mind to boost. However, this also comes at a fairly steep price, as you don't have any way to combat a certain Steel/Fire nuisance that may pose a massive problem to Wigglytuff's charades. Do not fear, though! With a Technician boosted Mud Shot, and options like Hidden Power Fighting and Icy Wind, Wigglytuff can still pose a fairly good threat to most other counters, with Heatran hating that 4x weakness like a bat outta hell. It still can set up, too, with Calm Mind! Hurricane's also nice, though, making it decent in Rain.

Rework Concept:
Make Dedenne actually scary (crazy, I know). Change its stats entirely, much better abilities, and better added moves. Practically a full rework and change of concept.
Old Stats: 87/ 117 / 77 / 81 / 87 / 121 (570 BST)
New Stats: 87 / 57 (-60) / 87 (+10) / 121 (+40) / 87 / 131 (+10)
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Volt Absorb / Overgrow (HA)
(Old) Added Moves: Petal Blizzard, Leech Seed, Swords Dance
Move Changes: -All 3 original moves, +Nasty Plot, Weather Ball, and Solarbeam

Justification: Dedenne's typing screams Special attacker to the maximum, and its best to focus more on that than a physical set with subpar offensive options. With Nasty Plot, Thunderbolt, and Solar Beam in the sun, Dedenne can be a speedy cleaner destined to tear through most teams not prepared for such an odd yet decent typing. Backed by decent bulk for a mon of its size and the backup of Weather Ball for any certain Steel-Grass types hoping to ruin its day. It can also be run in Rain, with Thunder and Weather Ball to do decent damage with Grass Knot as Grass STAB. Neither of these catch your fancy? Petaya Berry Endure Overgrow Grass Knot will definitely meme out a few cheese KOs, and can still be backed up by that nice Thunderbolt of its. Volt Absorb also is here, if you decide to go for a supportive route with Nuzzle and Super Fang.

Yung Dramp's Ghost/Dragon Guzzlord
Rework Concept:
Change Guzzlord from being an awkward 'tank that can't tank' to a more specialized one.
Old Stats: 173 / 111 / 73 / 97 / 73 / 43 (570 BST)
New Stats: 167 (-6) / 127 (+16) / 109 (+36) / 61 (-36) / 47 (-26) / 61 (+18) (570 BST)
Abilities: Beast Boost, Filter, Poison Heal (HA)
(Old) Added Moves: Shadow Ball, Belly Drum, Slack Off
Move Changes: -Shadow Ball and Belly Drum, +Shadow Sneak and Bulk Up

Justification: Guzzlord just gets an entire rework, because hell, even his original rework turned him into an added move new typing Guzzlord part 2. Physically Oriented now, with Bulk Up and a decent form of Priority to make up for his negative speed stat. Filter makes all of those weaknesses less of an issue, while Poison Heal can make him straight outta AlmostAnyAbility. However, he now also has cripplingly low Special Defense that makes Conkeldurr laugh, so pairing him with an Assault Vest as a tank might also just be the way to go.

Stitch98's Water Wishiwashi
Rework Concept:
Wishiwashi retains its old School Forme stats, but when below 25% HP, the stats change.
New Stats: 45 / 110 / 45 / 110 / 45 / 150 (505 BST)
Abilities: Schooling
(Old) Added Moves: Aqua Jet, Belly Drum, Gyro Ball
Move Changes: -Gyro Ball, +Rock Slide

Justification: Makes Wishiwashi not terrible with Belly Drum, and has better coverage now. With Rock Slide, EQ, and Waterfall, he's essentially got Gyarados style coverage. Aqua Jet also is still incredible, even in Solo Wishiwashi forme, since it means any other +1 Priority can't beat it. Frail as hell, though, and being forced into a Belly Drum archetype isn't doing it any favors, but it's far better than current Wishiwashi will ever stand to be.

Origin0's Steel/Poison Garbodor
Rework Concept:
Keep Garbodor in this sort of 'do a lot in one mon' concept, without making it too spread out like it previously was.
Old Stats: 100 / 130 / 107 / 40 / 107 / 86 (570 BST)
New Stats: 90 (-10) / 130 / 107 / 40 / 107 / 96 (+10) (570 BST)
Abilities: Levitate, Skill Link, Defiant (HA)
(Old) Added Moves: Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Recover
Move Changes: -Recover, +Bullet Seed

Justification: Old Garbodor was actually pretty good, but giving it Skill Link diversifies it into a more offensive role without taking away the support it has otherwise as a hazard setter. Hell, it's actually better overall for it, since Autotomize serves as a possible setup and it can run King's Rock with Bullet Seed and Rock Blast now.

Rework Concept:
Change Lycanroc into a better general use mon and clean up some ability issues. Catch it up to the rest of the accepted submissions in terms of BST.
Old Stats: 75 / 120 / 60 / 55 / 60 /117 (487 BST)
New Stats: 95 (+20) / 135 (+15) / 60 / 85 (+30) / 60 / 127 (+10) (562 BST)
Abilities: Sand Stream, Sand Rush, Rock Head (HA)
New Moves: Double-Edge, Wild Charge, Earthquake
Move Changes: -Earthquake, +Extreme Speed

Justification: Now functions as another Sand setter, diversifying the setup of Sand setters. It's relatively frail compared to all of the others, but it'll serve just fine. More interestingly, it also can abuse it best with Sand Rush, and outside of that can run Rock Head with Double-Edge and Wild Charge. For ways to combat enemy priority, ExtremeSpeed is an obvious newcomer, but Accelerock is also useful since it's a Rock-type move. The removal of Earthquake comes in the wake of Drill Run, serving as serviceable coverage over it since USUM's release. It's stats are also given an overhaul. You may ask, 'why the 85 Special attack? Why not keep it low and not buff defenses??/??/???/?' My answer is Hidden Power/Earth Power, and the fact that not everything needs to be bulky.

There you go, tell me if I did an error in math so I can fix it in the morning, fuck I need sleep...

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
This is what happens when I miss a few days due to doing life things.

Gonna abuse the hell outta the no limit on subs rule for rn. May change later if we decide that having subs for FUCKING EVERYTHING is too much.

I also won't be around probably the next 2 weeks as much as I'd like due to finals, so welp. I'll try to be here for any rebalancing slates even if I have to work at 10 PM again.

NOTES: Samtendo's Wigglytuff has 575 BST anyways, so it's already too much. Thank god it may just get a rework.

Samtendo's Flying/Fairy Wigglytuff
Rework Concept:
Change relying on Aerilate for damage to focusing on Technician or Competitive as a bait.
Old Stats: 140 / 60 / 80 / 130 / 100 / 65 (570 BST)
New Stats: 130 (-10) / 60 / 60 (-20) / 130 / 90 (-10) / 100 (+35) (570 BST)
Abilities: Competitive, Frisk, Technician (HA)
(Old) Added Moves: Air Slash, Earth Power, Draining Kiss
Move Changes: -All 3 original added moves and Focus Blast, +Calm Mind, Mud Shot, and Hurricane

Justification: WigglyBUFF, am I right? Anyways, borrowing from CAP's Stratagem, Wigglytuff gets a choice of two very nice abilities: Competitive and Technician. Wigglytuff becomes a defog baiting monster, able to set up rocks and abuse Defog removal with an instant +2 Special Attack otherwise rare to get as it only gets Calm Mind to boost. However, this also comes at a fairly steep price, as you don't have any way to combat a certain Steel/Fire nuisance that may pose a massive problem to Wigglytuff's charades. Do not fear, though! With a Technician boosted Mud Shot, and options like Hidden Power Fighting and Icy Wind, Wigglytuff can still pose a fairly good threat to most other counters, with Heatran hating that 4x weakness like a bat outta hell. It still can set up, too, with Calm Mind! Hurricane's also nice, though, making it decent in Rain.

Rework Concept:
Make Dedenne actually scary (crazy, I know). Change its stats entirely, much better abilities, and better added moves. Practically a full rework and change of concept.
Old Stats: 87/ 117 / 77 / 81 / 87 / 121 (570 BST)
New Stats: 87 / 57 (-60) / 87 (+10) / 121 (+40) / 87 / 131 (+10)
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Volt Absorb / Overgrow (HA)
Move Changes: -All 3 original moves, +Nasty Plot, Weather Ball, and Solarbeam

Justification: Dedenne's typing screams Special attacker to the maximum, and its best to focus more on that than a physical set with subpar offensive options. With Nasty Plot, Thunderbolt, and Solar Beam in the sun, Dedenne can be a speedy cleaner destined to tear through most teams not prepared for such an odd yet decent typing. Backed by decent bulk for a mon of its size and the backup of Weather Ball for any certain Steel-Grass types hoping to ruin its day. It can also be run in Rain, with Thunder and Weather Ball to do decent damage with Grass Knot as Grass STAB. Neither of these catch your fancy? Petaya Berry Endure Overgrow Grass Knot will definitely meme out a few cheese KOs, and can still be backed up by that nice Thunderbolt of its. Volt Absorb also is here, if you decide to go for a supportive route with Nuzzle and Super Fang.

Yung Dramp's Ghost/Dragon Guzzlord
Rework Concept:
Change Guzzlord from being an awkward 'tank that can't tank' to a more specialized one.
Old Stats: 173 / 111 / 73 / 97 / 73 / 43 (570 BST)
New Stats: 167 (-6) / 127 (+16) / 109 (+36) / 61 (-36) / 47 (-26) / 61 (+18) (570 BST)
Abilities: Beast Boost, Filter, Poison Heal (HA)
(Old) Added Moves: Shadow Ball, Belly Drum, Slack Off
Move Changes: -Shadow Ball and Belly Drum, +Shadow Sneak and Bulk Up

Justification: Guzzlord just gets an entire rework, because hell, even his original rework turned him into an added move new typing Guzzlord part 2. Physically Oriented now, with Bulk Up and a decent form of Priority to make up for his negative speed stat. Filter makes all of those weaknesses less of an issue, while Poison Heal can make him straight outta AlmostAnyAbility. However, he now also has cripplingly low Special Defense that makes Conkeldurr laugh, so pairing him with an Assault Vest as a tank might also just be the way to go.

Stitch98's Water Wishiwashi
Rework Concept:
Wishiwashi retains its old School Forme stats, but when below 25% HP, the stats change.
New Stats: 45 / 110 / 45 / 110 / 45 / 150 (505 BST)
Abilities: Schooling
(Old) Added Moves: Aqua Jet, Belly Drum, Gyro Ball
Move Changes: -Gyro Ball, +Rock Slide

Justification: Makes Wishiwashi not terrible with Belly Drum, and has better coverage now. With Rock Slide, EQ, and Waterfall, he's essentially got Gyarados style coverage. Aqua Jet also is still incredible, even in Solo Wishiwashi forme, since it means any other +1 Priority can't beat it. Frail as hell, though, and being forced into a Belly Drum archetype isn't doing it any favors, but it's far better than current Wishiwashi will ever stand to be.

Origin0's Steel/Poison Garbodor
Rework Concept:
Keep Garbodor in this sort of 'do a lot in one mon' concept, without making it too spread out like it previously was.
Old Stats: 100 / 130 / 107 / 40 / 107 / 86 (570 BST)
New Stats: 90 (-10) / 130 / 107 / 40 / 107 / 96 (+10) (570 BST)
Abilities: Levitate, Skill Link, Defiant (HA)
(Old) Added Moves: Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Recover
Move Changes: -Recover, +Bullet Seed

Justification: Old Garbodor was actually pretty good, but giving it Skill Link diversifies it into a more offensive role without taking away the support it has otherwise as a hazard setter. Hell, it's actually better overall for it, since Autotomize serves as a possible setup and it can run King's Rock with Bullet Seed and Rock Blast now.

Rework Concept:
Change Lycanroc into a better general use mon and clean up some ability issues. Catch it up to the rest of the accepted submissions in terms of BST.
Old Stats: 75 / 120 / 60 / 55 / 60 /117 (487 BST)
New Stats: 95 (+20) / 135 (+15) / 60 / 85 (+30) / 60 / 127 (+10) (562 BST)
Abilities: Sand Stream, Sand Rush, Rock Head (HA)
New Moves: Double-Edge, Wild Charge, Earthquake
Move Changes: -Earthquake, +Extreme Speed

Justification: Now functions as another Sand setter, diversifying the setup of Sand setters. It's relatively frail compared to all of the others, but it'll serve just fine. More interestingly, it also can abuse it best with Sand Rush, and outside of that can run Rock Head with Double-Edge and Wild Charge. For ways to combat enemy priority, ExtremeSpeed is an obvious newcomer, but Accelerock is also useful since it's a Rock-type move. The removal of Earthquake comes in the wake of Drill Run, serving as serviceable coverage over it since USUM's release. It's stats are also given an overhaul. You may ask, 'why the 85 Special attack? Why not keep it low and not buff defenses??/??/???/?' My answer is Hidden Power/Earth Power, and the fact that not everything needs to be bulky.

There you go, tell me if I did an error in math so I can fix it in the morning, fuck I need sleep...
Heard ya about Wigglytuff's 575 BST. I reduced Attack by 5 (in both cases) so that it makes 570.

welp, let's attempt to fix my mistake while still using the concept

Old Stats:
87/ 117 / 77 / 81 / 87 / 121 (570 BST)
New Stats: 87 / 57 / 83 / 141 / 87 / 115
Old Abilities: Harvest / Cheek Pouch / Sap Sipper (HA)
New Abilities: Lightning Rod / Cheek Pouch / Surge Surfer (HA)
Move Changes: Nasty Plot (replaces Petal Blizzard), Hurricane (replaces Leech Seed), Agility (Replaces Swords Dance)

Part of it still has Cheek Pouch + Petaya Berry shenanigans, though now it's also a compliment to Tapu Koko, packing Hurricane to handle annoying Grass-types while benefiting from Electric Terrain with Surge Surfer.

Side note, why did I give original version of this this Leech Seed instead of Belly Drum?

Sounds good. Just one question; can we only able to replace the new moves, or can we add three more if we feel that their three new moves aren't enough (as in still lacking some useful tools)?
The downsides of living in the opposite timezone as most of the forum

err, I think let's just start with still having 3 added moves. We can figure out if it needs more buffing after the Tourney.

Also since people already posted, I'll add Farfetch'd and Rotom-F. But no more additions at this point. I think 8 is already a lot for a slate i'll put a limit here.

So the list is:

Wigglytuff, Dedenne, Guzzlord, Wishiwashi, Garbodor, Lycanroc Midday, Farfetch'd and Rotom-F.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Today us Wednesday (as of the date of this writing) which is best time for a test tornament according to Solarblaze. I will contact Yoshiblaze when he's available on Discord and didn't responded to the ping/mention in here.

In the meanwhile, make sure to have your team prepared, and I recommend to post replays during your matches so that we can analyze further. If the tourney is on, I wish you all participants good luck!

The Tourney would begin at 6 PM Eastern Time (9 PM in GMT).

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
If anyone have trouble with remembering the Optimized Pokémon when making a team, there is always the spreadsheet I had made! I will post it right here.

>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-DCDISVotGzLN2yAB924lwbpKBGpnF0jdFl1ZSR9PU/edit?usp=sharing <<

EDIT: It went a little pear-shaped since two participants went DC'd before they could do their battle, but I managed to pull thorough with my only two battles (and won the tourney). It was a six person tourney before two went DC'd.

First and Semi-Final Round (vs Yoshiblaze)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7typeoptimisation-4811

Final (vs BatterBot)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7typeoptimisation-4812

The first battle is notable as; Fur Coat Arcanine is not unstoppable as Aerilate Unfezant managed to put a few enough damage to 3HKO it, and Drought Bellossom will be a terrifying sweeper does to Quiver Dance if used correctly. There's also the fact that while Strong Jaw Ariados is an effective counter against Hariyama, Girafarig doesn't have the same chance if it haven't setted up beforehand does to not being strong enough to OHKO this and have a double weakness to Dark, which Hariyama can exploit via Knock Off.

I suppose that we can start talking about the pre-Open Viability Ranking, and we can always make another RoomTours until the Opens Sign-Ups. inb4 someone put Hariyama/Arcanine/Araquanid into S/A+ rank

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)