Type Pokemon should've/shouldn't have been

Types Pokemon should've/shouldn't have been

Title says all^ (ignore the typo)

And please I don't want a million posts saying "Gyarados should've been a water/dragon type!!!111!!!" if someone's said something before, don't repeat it. And please give a reason for why you think a Pokemon should/shouldn't have been that type.

I think Luxray should've been an Electric/Dark type. It looks evil, just look at it's eyes.

Porygon-Z should've been Normal/Ghost type. Its head is floating, its eyes look weird and creepy, and it needs an Eerie Patch to evolve. But I guess that would make Porygon-Z cheap.

Porygon-Z should've been Normal/Ghost type. Its head is floating, its eyes look weird and creepy, and it needs an Eerie Patch to evolve. But I guess that would make Porygon-Z cheap.
That would be cool, with Nastly Plot Tri-Attack, Shadow Ball, HP Fighting, with Adaptability boosting both Tri-Attack and Shadow Ball. Weak to only Dark, immune to Normal, Ghost, and Fighting. Scary.

Gengar shouldn't have been Ghost/Poison, never understood how he looks 'poisonous'.

Also Lucario being a Steal type has also been kind of a weird thought, probably Fighting/Dark or something would've made more sense.

Gengar shouldn't have been Ghost/Poison, never understood how he looks 'poisonous'.
In the 1st gen there was no type that was Super Effective against Ghost so they gave Gengar Poison to make it weaker.

I like all the types but Charizard should be Dragon/Fire

Surskit at Water/Bug was pretty interesting, too bad that went out the window with the Masquerain Bug/Flying...yet another bug/flying.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I really think that Staraptor should've been Fighting/Flying. It would've been nice to get rid of the Normal subtype on it.

Also Lucario being a Steal type has also been kind of a weird thought, probably Fighting/Dark or something would've made more sense.
I don't know Lucario struck me at first as a psychic-fighting looking type kinda like Medicham. Dusknoir should have been a ghost-dark type(looks and benefits from it perfectly).

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Gyarados should've been Water/Dragon, I mean it's like the classic water dragon...
If you'de have said that on Serebii you would have got a rank about which Japanese legend Gyara is based on and why its water / flying not water / something else. I'll go find it now to put a stop to any rants...

Sunday

Well you aksed for it...

OH WILL YOU LOT EVER STOP ABOUT CHANGING GYARADOS'S TYPE TO WATER/DRAGON?

Because I absolutely hate people thinking they have to say the argument on my behalf... to make it very blunt I LIKE explaining it... have it in detail.

Magikarp and Gyarados were based on a myth that doesn't involve the Dragon's Gate, just a generic scene and a waterfall. In this myth the weak and pathetic carp (( Magikarp )) scaled the waterfall to prove that he was not worthless, that he was strong. This whole thing was watched by the Gods, who rewarded the carp by turning him into a flying serpent (( Gyarados )). Did you read that? Flying serpent? Did you read that bold bit as well? There's no "Dragon" hidden in it.

Now onto the questions. Why doesn't Gyarados learn Flying moves? Cause the serpent from the myth abused his power by destroying cities... explaining Gyarados's movepool being full of moves like Fire Blast and Hyper Beam. Why doesn't he have Aerial Ace when a lot of other Pokemon do? Cause Aerial Ace is based on a Japanese technique that involves speed and not strength. You whinge that he looks like a dragon? Failed, all serpents from Chinese/Japanese myths are legless. He's in the Dragon breeding group? So is Milotic, who like Gyarados is serpentine.

So voila. Damn, I never get tired of explaining this.
Well that is totally "You got Pwnd."

Wait, he couldn't be bothered simply posting a link to a source rather than writing out a whole explanation? Wow, twisted logic he has.

Sunday

Wait, he couldn't be bothered simply posting a link to a source rather than writing out a whole explanation? Wow, twisted logic he has.
you should see some of his posts on this thread:

Not to mention immune to both its STAB's :D

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Not that it matters much, but Parasect isn't 8x weak to Fire. Dry Skin increase fire damage by 1.5 times, not by 2 times, so it would be 6x weak to fire.

Psyduck and Golduck, with all those psychic moves, should be Water/Psychic in my opinion. Psyduck not being part psychic is pretty strange.

And Charizard should be Fire/Dragon type, for obvious reasons.

I think Electivire should have been an Electric/Fighting type. It just looks like it goes around punching stuff. Not to mention it gets all the elemental punches and cross chop and brick break.

Electivire being Electric/Fighting would be no surprise. Why?

-It's in the Humanshape group.
-It gets all the punches, and a bunch of Fighting-type moves.
-It looks like a formidable fighter imo. What do you think?

edit: beaten to it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)