Type Reflectors

Heatran would benefit a lot from Steel being its first type in this meta in combination with a Bug-type. Bug/Steel with Flash Fire would give it no weaknesses, at the cost of its Fire STAB.

Heatran would benefit a lot from Steel being its first type in this meta in combination with a Bug-type. Bug/Steel with Flash Fire would give it no weaknesses, at the cost of its Fire STAB.
Nah. Heatran's potency comes from being quadruply resistant or immune to seven types, not from a lack of weaknesses. There are plenty of things that have only three weaknesses, and less common ones at that, and they aren't nearly as coveted as Heatran. Bug/Steel Heatran would lack weaknesses, sure, but it would be substantially easier to wear down with repeated hits. Bug/Steel Heatran also loses STAB on Heatran's best move, Lava Plume.

On the general topic of secondary Steel-typings, though, probably a huge difference between this meta and Standard will be the dearth of common Steel-types -- most of the ones we're familiar with actually have Steel as a secondary typing, meaning that non-Steel teams mostly have Skarmory, Metagross, Klefki, and Jirachi to work with if they want a Steel typing. For the most part, they resent being made to pick a different secondary typing.

normal/ghost with fighting coverage, your move haha
i'm sure this burn would be incredibly sick if it was phrased comprehensibly, but right now i don't have much to say

Nah. Heatran's potency comes from being quadruply resistant or immune to seven types, not from a lack of weaknesses. There are plenty of things that have only three weaknesses, and less common ones at that, and they aren't nearly as coveted as Heatran. Bug/Steel Heatran would lack weaknesses, sure, but it would be substantially easier to wear down with repeated hits. Bug/Steel Heatran also loses STAB on Heatran's best move, Lava Plume.

On the general topic of secondary Steel-typings, though, probably a huge difference between this meta and Standard will be the dearth of common Steel-types -- most of the ones we're familiar with actually have Steel as a secondary typing, meaning that non-Steel teams mostly have Skarmory, Metagross, Klefki, and Jirachi to work with if they want a Steel typing. For the most part, they resent being made to pick a different secondary typing.

i'm sure this burn would be incredibly sick if it was phrased comprehensibly, but right now i don't have much to say
not a burn just trying some humor, i'm sorry I forget some people take videogames very seriously

On the one hand, Steel seems like the obvious pick -on the other hand, there's a lot of cases where a Pokemon's secondary typing is critical to its utility in OU, most obviously Talonflame, but it's not the only one, where Steel is sub-optimal. Skarmory becoming a pure Steel type is very inconvenient, for example, and it's hard to find a replacement as primary Flying typing is so rare. Noivern's statline is usable as a replacement, but it doesn't get Defog or Stealth Rock, so it's not really a real Skarmory stand-in, and Tornadus... well, Tornadus-Therian has Regenerator, but it again lacks Defog and hazards. The only way to get unchanged Skarmory or a Skarmory stand-in is to run a Flying team! (Well, or make Skarmory your team leader, since the leader is unaffected) The other Steel types that get Defog or Rapid Spin are all secondary Steel, too, so really, it's basically run Skarmory if you want its full functionality, or... give up.

That has a huge impact on non-Steel and non-Flying teams (Steel can just use Skarmory as team leader to avoid the type changing), and it's just one example. Keldeo is another -its Secret Sword loses a third of its power if it's on a non-Fighting team. (Unless it's a Water team Keldeo is leading) This makes analyzing matchups really complicated. It's great stuff.

Ghost looks like a potent type as well. You get access to Normal/Ghost Chansey and a bunch of things get STAB Shadow Ball. I'll post some examples later, but it does sound like a great answer for Normal teams.

Also, any thoughts on the fact that Shedinja can now become a Bug/Steel type? I'm thinking about banning it but I'd like some input.

Ghost looks like a potent type as well. You get access to Normal/Ghost Chansey and a bunch of things get STAB Shadow Ball. I'll post some examples later, but it does sound like a great answer for Normal teams.

Also, any thoughts on the fact that Shedinja can now become a Bug/Steel type? I'm thinking about banning it but I'd like some input.
With Steel having a reliable Flash Fire user / status absorber in Arcanine and its pick of bulky hazard removers... yeah, Shan Bedinja. The lack of good Magic Bouncers won't hinder it overly, I think.

I doubt it'd become broken. It's super rare that Shedinja actually ends up as broken as everyone things it would be in this type of metagame. Plus, you never really know before testing it out.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Pretty sure I know the answer but just to ask : Mega Aggron is always pure Steel? If not, it should be.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok I will weigh in on this Shedinja subject. Personally no matter what type it is given, it will always die to entry hazards. And since entry hazards are so common in nearly any metagame (looking at you NO STATUS <_<) I feel like no matter what type it can be given, it will be fine. Another reason I have about waiting for a "suspect" or ban is that this isn't coded yet so we haven't actually tested this out. Another thing is that there is no combination that can give Shedninja no weaknesses, which would then be really scary. Overall, I feel like it can potentially be threatening, but the susceptibility to entry hazards and the fact that no type combo it can potentially gain gives zero weaknesses, I say we wait for a ban hammer.

Now for a post from runbabyrun...

Still taking input on Shedinja! I'm leaning towards a ban, but I would like to hear from some more people.

Also, I should clarify something, since some people were confused. A Water/Ice-type Gyarados will Mega-Evolve into a Water/Dark-type Mega-Gyarados. A Dark/Fairy-type Absol, however, will stay a Dark/Fairy-type upon Mega-Evolution.

Pokemon that replace/add secondary types upon Mega-Evolution (like Mega-Gyarados, Mega-Charizard, Mega-Altaria, etc.) will have any new types overidden by that type (so, again, a Water/Ice Gyarados will Mega-Evolve into a Water/Dark type). However, Pokemon that don't gain any new types upon Mega-Evolution will keep any added types (ex. Mega-Absol, Mega-Charizard-Y, Mega-Aggron, etc.)

Just wanted to clear that up. Keep up the great discussion guys!

Reactions: nv

tehy

Banned deucer.
Still taking input on Shedinja! I'm leaning towards a ban, but I would like to hear from some more people.

Also, I should clarify something, since some people were confused. A Water/Ice-type Gyarados will Mega-Evolve into a Water/Dark-type Mega-Gyarados. A Dark/Fairy-type Absol, however, will stay a Dark/Fairy-type upon Mega-Evolution.

Pokemon that replace/add secondary types upon Mega-Evolution (like Mega-Gyarados, Mega-Charizard, Mega-Altaria, etc.) will have any new types overidden by that type (so, again, a Water/Ice Gyarados will Mega-Evolve into a Water/Dark type). However, Pokemon that don't gain any new types upon Mega-Evolution will keep any added types (ex. Mega-Absol, Mega-Charizard-Y, Mega-Aggron, etc.)

Just wanted to clear that up. Keep up the great discussion guys!
But Mega Aggron loses a type - what about that?

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok time for my big contribution to this thread...

I decided to go through the advantages and disadvantages of "giving" each type while also giving out some handy Pokemon that can act as the catalyst for "monotyping" the rest of the team.

So the Normal type is a decent type to give up to the rest of the team as it can give STAB Extreme Speed to Pokemon such as Dragonite and Zygarde and give STAB Boomburst to Noivern (as Chopin has already stated). The problem with a Normal typed team is the lack of viable "monotypers" as the only Normal types in OU are Chansey (which should be delegated to stall) and Mega Lopunny (which is decent, but it may not particularly fit on a team). Lastly, Normal type offers no defensive utility as a Ghost immunity doesn't outweigh the fact that you gain a Fighting weakness.

Monotyper Examples

Fighting types give some nice resistances such as Rock and Dark. That being said, viable Fighting Monotypers are far and few between as most Fighting-types have it as their secondary type rather than their primary type. Fighting-types do, however, appreciate the lack of viable Flying Monotypers as there are only 3 viable ones, only one of which is OU.

Monotyper Examples

Viable Flying Monotypers are hard to come by as, like Fighting-types, most are Flying type via their secondary type. That being said, Flying type offers a lot of utility when paired with the right type thanks to its Ground immunity, immunity to all entry hazards but Stealth Rock, and few weaknesses. Flying-type is also a very potent offensive typing, giving it usefulness on both ends and arguably makes it a balanced type to give.

Monotyper Examples

Poison Monotypers suffer from having a lack of viable Monotypers and giving weaknesses to common offensive types such as Ground. Posion does sport some nice resistances to Fighting and Fairy, which can help Steel-, Normal-, and Dragon-types "buff" their weaknesses to neutral status. Poison also offers a Toxic immunity, which makes this type pretty anti-stall, so there's that.

Monotyper Examples

Ground is arguably the best offensive type a Pokemon can give as it hits 5 types supereffectively, 10 types neutrally, has 2 resistances, and 1 immunity. It also sports a nice Thunder Wave immunity, which can help a lot of sweepers. It also sports a Stealth Rock resistance, which can help some Pokemon. Despite these advantages, Ground gives some pretty common weaknesses to Ice and Water, leaving Pokemon susceptible to Pokemon like Manaphy or Weavile or struggling to pair with Pokemon that have great primary types that synergize well with a newfound Ground type.

Monotyper Examples

Rock Monotypers are in the same vein as Ground Monotypers in that it is an amazing offensive type as it hits 4 types supereffectively, 11 types neutrally, and has 3 resistances. The difference between Rock and Ground is the fact that Rock means you are weak to more common offensive types such as Fighting and Ground as well as Grass and Water. Rock type also tends to not synergize well with most other types, offering more weaknesses than resistances.

Monotyper Examples

Bug can offer up STAB U-turn, which can be fun, but for the most Bug type itself is resisted by a lot of types and is supereffective on very little. Bug-type itself also has pretty exploitable weaknesses in Fire, Rock, and Flying. Bug type also means a weakness to Stealth Rock, which is never a good thing. This may be one of the lesser used types, but it does offer up some neat utility in STAB U-turn (for those that have access to U-turn without Bug typing).

Monotyper Examples

While most Ghost Monotypers are offensive, offering Ghost type up is going to be a defensive boon for things such as Chansey and Jirachi as it gives them a Fighting immunity and also sports a Normal immunity. Ghost typing also has the added benefit of being able to hit all but Dark- and Normal-types neutrally. While Ghost type itself is a really good type, the lack of Monotypers means that it is going to struggle to be a "prominent" force in this metagame.

Monotyper Examples

This type is arguably the easiest and most popular type to give away as Steel Monotypers provide amazing typing themselves while giving up the arguably the best defensive typing in the game. Steel also has the added benefit this generation of being able to hit Fairies supereffectively, making for a decent offensive option as well. Steel Monotypers sadly come with major weaknesses to common offensive types in Fire, Fighting, and Ground meaning the receivers must have decent typings to pair with Steel to alleviate these weaknesses, making for some similar teams. There are also a plethora of Steel Monotypers, making this an easier type to ease into than others.

Monotyper Examples

Fire type suffers the same fate as Bug type as it gives other Pokemon a SR weakness; however, Fire has the benefit of offering up better offensive coverage as well. Fire also tends to synergize fairly well with other types, complementing them offensively and defensively. Fire also has nice resists in Fairy, Fire, Ice, and Grass. Fire types also hits 4 types supereffectively (Bug, Grass, Ice, Steel), 10 types neutrally (Dark, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Normal, Poison, Psychic), and has 4 resistances (Dragon, Fire, Rock, Water).

Monotyper Examples

Water Monotypers are really good as not only do they give up a really good defensive typing, but most Water Monotypers are very viable. Watertype is a really good type to give as it offers up valuable resistances in Fire and Ice while only giving weaknesses to somewhat uncommon types in Electric and Grass. Water also offers up great offensive coverage as it can hit Fire-, Ground-, and Rock-types supereffectively. A funny little note to add is Emboar can now have STAB Scald as it is the one of the few non Water-type Pokemon to learn Scald.

Monotyper Examples

Ok I am plain old tuckered out but I will try and do the other types soon. Hope you like this runbabyrun :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding Normal to Ghost types is a powerful defensive combination, actually, being only weak to Dark type and Scrappy Fighting. If you're running a Normal team, Dusclops is bolstered for essentially free, as a specific example.

Ultimately the main flaw with Poison as a type is that Steel provides pretty much all the same advantages and its only disadvantages in trade are a weakness to Fire (As opposed to being weak to Psychic) and a weakness to Fighting. (As opposed to a resistance) Since both of these can be overridden through Abilities or typing (eg your Steel leader brings a Flashfire Pokemon and a Ghost), even those weaknesses are manageable. (Steel teams are not actually auto-beaten by Fire or Fighting teams) You can, of course, cover up Poison's Psychic weakness with Dark typing, but that doesn't change the fact that Poison is pretty underwhelming. The offensive utility against Grass types is not exactly a motive to pick Poison over Steel for its offensive characteristics, either, and there are no awesome Poison moves to want to pack STAB for Poison on your allies.

Last edited:
Fairy also looks pretty strong here. Mega Absol with a Dark/Fairy type and Play Rough is powerful.

Also, Shedinja is still up in the air! I'll probably make a decision later tonight, but input is still appreciated!

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
I wouldn't ban shedinja yet. Hazards still ruin it, burns still ruin it, mold breaker beats it, etc. It's very possible that it will be broken, but given that this meta isn't yet playable and Shed isn't obviously ridiculous (see: Kyub in current Metagamiate), I'd want to see how it actually affects the metagame.

Alright! Well, for the time being (mainly until this is playable), Shedinja will not be banned. Many people have pointed out that it is still weak to hazards, Burn, and Hail, however the main reason for not banning it is the fact that it is very difficult to see how good it can be without proper testing, so for now it shall be left alone.

o3o this is interesting.

My Idea: Electric Reflector - Levitate Spam

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

This can be replaced by any Electric type that has Electric as their first typing. Just a normal set, Will-o for physical attackers, double stab, pain split. I'm not sure how these teams will roll out.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam

Literally the reason why I made this team, now Kyurem-Black finally has a STAB that doesn't need the help of STABmons or Metagamiate. Fusion Bolt is a nice 100 base power stab move that Kyurem always wanted with an Ice Type Move. Ice Beam is for coverage, because Ground Pokemon are a problem.

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

(I had Mismagius at first, but then I literally replaced the image and the name of the Pokemon for Gengar)
Gengar has access to Electric Stab, using it to hit powerfully with the addition of Energy Ball, that hits ground types.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower / Filler
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

This Clefable is now no longer weak to steel! Yay! It is the Rocker of the team and has recovery and its stabs, besides thunderbolt, because that is seen throughout the whole team.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Ice Beam

Nearly the same thing as Gengar. It also has an immunity to one of its weaknesses, ground. It is also the defogger of the team, with Draco Stab, Thunderbolt Stab, and ice beam for coverage.

-->

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Now, I needed a mega. Pinsir benefits from ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with electric, so that's why I used it. It is a standard set, it is used to be a set up sweeper and cover other Pokemon with Flying STAB. Bug / Electric isn't a bad typing too, it becomes neutral to Flying hits on switch in, and then can mega.
It is just the set up sweeper of the team.

Anyway this meta seems interesting, its just that I'm not good at adapting to metas.

shedinja would be on its own tier kinda like megaray. Thats a good observation

imo Shedinja shouldn't be banned.

Let me relate to balanced hackmons, why isn't shedinja banned? Its because of the Hail, Sandstorm, Burn, Poison, Hazards and mold breaker Pokemon.

If this is nearly the same case here, why ban it? I know runbabyrun says its not banned but i just wanted to address this

o3o this is interesting.

My Idea: Electric Reflector - Levitate Spam

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

This can be replaced by any Electric type that has Electric as their first typing. Just a normal set, Will-o for physical attackers, double stab, pain split. I'm not sure how these teams will roll out.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam

Literally the reason why I made this team, now Kyurem-Black finally has a STAB that doesn't need the help of STABmons or Metagamiate. Fusion Bolt is a nice 100 base power stab move that Kyurem always wanted with an Ice Type Move. Ice Beam is for coverage, because Ground Pokemon are a problem.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

(I had Mismagius at first, but then I literally replaced the image and the name of the Pokemon for Gengar)
Gengar has access to Electric Stab, using it to hit powerfully with the addition of Energy Ball, that hits ground types.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower / Filler
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

This Clefable is now no longer weak to steel! Yay! It is the Rocker of the team and has recovery and its stabs, besides thunderbolt, because that is seen throughout the whole team.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Ice Beam

Nearly the same thing as Gengar. It also has an immunity to one of its weaknesses, ground. It is also the defogger of the team, with Draco Stab, Thunderbolt Stab, and ice beam for coverage.

-->

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Now, I needed a mega. Pinsir benefits from ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with electric, so that's why I used it. It is a standard set, it is used to be a set up sweeper and cover other Pokemon with Flying STAB. Bug / Electric isn't a bad typing too, it becomes neutral to Flying hits on switch in, and then can mega.
It is just the set up sweeper of the team.

Anyway this meta seems interesting, its just that I'm not good at adapting to metas.
Really cool team! I'm going to be posting one I made as well.

I'll also be seeing what Water could do. Seems like a lot of Pokemon can benefit from it.

Since I love this meta idea, I'm sort of gonna contribute.

Dragon / Fire is a pretty good typing for a wall like Goodra. As shown with Mega-Charizard-X, it is only weak to Ground, Dragon and Rock. It no longer is weak to Fairy or Ice, thanks to its Fire typing. It gains resistances such as Bug and Steel, it also gains quad resistances that are Fire and Grass for a littel bonus. Also, Goodra gets STAB Flamethrower / Fire Blast.

The only weakness it has is that Goodra's Defense isn't the best, and its weaknesses, Ground, Dragon and Rock, are usually Physical types.

Fighting / Fire could be a good help to Conkeldurr. It gains more resistances like Fire, Grass, Ice, Steel, and has a quad resistance to Bug. It also gets access to Fire Punch, and it can't get burned so you could run Iron Fist or Sheer Force (if you wanted to) or keep guts incase you get Poisoned. It also isn't weak to Fairy any more.

A downside to this is that it gains Water and Ground weaknesses. Water can be exploited by having AV on Conk and have ThunderPunch but the Ground Weakness is devastating because of Ground usually being a Physically Offensive typing.

This is just a fun Idea I had. Basically Rotom-Heat but with different stats and options. It has a 4x weakness, to Ground but Levitate negates it. Mold Breaker / Teravolt Pokemon can break through this and EQ/ Earth Power. It gains more resistances like Bug, Fairy, Fire, Grass, Ice and a quad resistance to Steel. It also gets Fire Punch and Flamethrower.

The only notable weakness it gains is Water, and since it is usually a Special Type, it might not matter too much. Eelektross has the option of going AV, and also gets access to Grass Knot.

The return of its pre-evolution's typing returns! The loss of its STAB Draco Meteor may be a bit saddening, but Adaptability Surf and Sludge Wave are pretty good. Draco Meteor was only effective against other Dragons, and only hit neutral against other types. Water, on the other hand, covers Fire, Ground and Rock. It also gains resistances of Fire, Ice, Steel and Water.

The sad thing is, its base 44 speed makes it have a huge disadvantage against physical sweepers like Excadrill and other ground types. You could also try this with Nidoking too if you want a faster but a bit weaker Nidoking without its Ground Typing, but you can use Flamethrower to cover Steel that Ground used to cover.

Empoleon Rip Off? Yeah. You could do this with Skarmory but I think Skarm's typing is already good. Its just a Empoleon except a physical version.
I couldn't really find anything but you could combine a Pokemon that has the primary typing of Steel.

A more bulky Cradily without Recovery. That's it.
That base 150 defense and special defense compliments this typing.
It can take hits extremely well and Rock covers a great amount of Grass' weaknesses.

Fairy / Grass is a cool typing. Aromatisse now has a an Electric, Grass, Water and Ground resistance. It gets access to STAB Energy Ball if you really wanted it.

The major downside of this type of Aromatisse is that it is 4x weak to Poison. You also gain the Ice, Fire and Flying weaknesses.

You could do the same for Florges.

Remember this? Yeah. It is now basically a slower but harder hitting Zekrom. It now has Dual Physical Stab with Outrage / Dragon Claw and Fusion Bolt! It is now weak to Ground, which can be covered by using a mixed Kyurem-B with Ice Beam.

In my opinion, Kyurem-B has turned over a new leaf in this Meta.

Remember this too? Well this concept is basically it loses its Steel weakness.. Thats about it tbh. Fairy / Electric is a pretty good typing imo. It is only weak to Poison and Electric. Also, Clefable gets STAB Thunderbolt.

I can't post that much cause im running out of ideas ;-;

Since I love this meta idea, I'm sort of gonna contribute.

Dragon / Fire is a pretty good typing for a wall like Goodra. As shown with Mega-Charizard-X, it is only weak to Ground, Dragon and Rock. It no longer is weak to Fairy or Ice, thanks to its Fire typing. It gains resistances such as Bug and Steel, it also gains quad resistances that are Fire and Grass for a littel bonus. Also, Goodra gets STAB Flamethrower / Fire Blast.

The only weakness it has is that Goodra's Defense isn't the best, and its weaknesses, Ground, Dragon and Rock, are usually Physical types.

Fighting / Fire could be a good help to Conkeldurr. It gains more resistances like Fire, Grass, Ice, Steel, and has a quad resistance to Bug. It also gets access to Fire Punch, and it can't get burned so you could run Iron Fist or Sheer Force (if you wanted to) or keep guts incase you get Poisoned. It also isn't weak to Fairy any more.

A downside to this is that it gains Water and Ground weaknesses. Water can be exploited by having AV on Conk and have ThunderPunch but the Ground Weakness is devastating because of Ground usually being a Physically Offensive typing.

This is just a fun Idea I had. Basically Rotom-Heat but with different stats and options. It has a 4x weakness, to Ground but Levitate negates it. Mold Breaker / Teravolt Pokemon can break through this and EQ/ Earth Power. It gains more resistances like Bug, Fairy, Fire, Grass, Ice and a quad resistance to Steel. It also gets Fire Punch and Flamethrower.

The only notable weakness it gains is Water, and since it is usually a Special Type, it might not matter too much. Eelektross has the option of going AV, and also gets access to Grass Knot.

The return of its pre-evolution's typing returns! The loss of its STAB Draco Meteor may be a bit saddening, but Adaptability Surf and Sludge Wave are pretty good. Draco Meteor was only effective against other Dragons, and only hit neutral against other types. Water, on the other hand, covers Fire, Ground and Rock. It also gains resistances of Fire, Ice, Steel and Water.

The sad thing is, its base 44 speed makes it have a huge disadvantage against physical sweepers like Excadrill and other ground types. You could also try this with Nidoking too if you want a faster but a bit weaker Nidoking without its Ground Typing, but you can use Flamethrower to cover Steel that Ground used to cover.

Empoleon Rip Off? Yeah. You could do this with Skarmory but I think Skarm's typing is already good. Its just a Empoleon except a physical version.
I couldn't really find anything but you could combine a Pokemon that has the primary typing of Steel.

A more bulky Cradily without Recovery. That's it.
That base 150 defense and special defense compliments this typing.
It can take hits extremely well and Rock covers a great amount of Grass' weaknesses.

Fairy / Grass is a cool typing. Aromatisse now has a an Electric, Grass, Water and Ground resistance. It gets access to STAB Energy Ball if you really wanted it.

The major downside of this type of Aromatisse is that it is 4x weak to Poison. You also gain the Ice, Fire and Flying weaknesses.

You could do the same for Florges.

Remember this? Yeah. It is now basically a slower but harder hitting Zekrom. It now has Dual Physical Stab with Outrage / Dragon Claw and Fusion Bolt! It is now weak to Ground, which can be covered by using a mixed Kyurem-B with Ice Beam.

In my opinion, Kyurem-B has turned over a new leaf in this Meta.

Remember this too? Well this concept is basically it loses its Steel weakness.. Thats about it tbh. Fairy / Electric is a pretty good typing imo. It is only weak to Poison and Electric. Also, Clefable gets STAB Thunderbolt.

I can't post that much cause im running out of ideas ;-;
Chandelure is also pretty good on Grass teams, as it now gains STAB Energy Ball and it can use Flash Fire to negate that Fire weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)