Type Reflectors

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Toxic / Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Protect

OR

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flash Cannon / Hidden Power [Ground]

This seems like an absolutely amazing Pokemon for Fairy Reflector teams. While there are few Fairy Reflectors (Clefable and Togekiss are the best bets), Steel/Fairy SpD Jirachi is a really potent threat. Moonblast paired with Serene Grace means that most special attackers are going to have a painful time breaking through Jirachi as Serene Grace makes Moonblast's 30% chance to drop SpA turn into 60%. Even physical attackers have to fear an incoming Toxic or Thunder Wave. Steel/Fairy Jirachi can also run an effective SubCM set that can become a powerful win condition and has ample opportunities to set up on special attackers thanks to Moonblast's 60% Special Attack drop.

Planning to make a team for this meta soon.

Decided to post a Steel Reflector team I made. Not the best with EVs, but there are a lot of cool things that can be used here.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Skarmory is my type passer for this team. Steel Reflector has the luxury of having a plethora of viable passers to use in this metagame. Skarmory is a great Pokemon all-around and is really useful for getting rid of hazards and being able to deal with the new Fighting weakness that this team now has.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Chandelure is one of my favorite 'mons in this meta to be honest. A Ghost/Steel-type with Flash Fire makes it such a good Defensive mon for Steel, giving it immunities to Fighting and Fire types. It also has access to things like Taunt, Will-o-Wisp, and Pain Split, meaning it does not lack support at all. It's probably one of the best Pokemon to use for covering the new Fighting and Fire weakness that this team now shares, as it has an immunity to both. It's honestly such a great Pokemon for this team, and the support it provides is phenomenal.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Kyurem-B really does love this metagame. A new secondary typing means it now has access to powerful physical STAB that it so wishes it could've gotten with Ice. A Dragon/Steel-type gives STAB Iron Head, which really is all what it needs to tear holes in teams. Earthpower and Fusion Bolt are still great coverage moves, making it very versatile. Definitely a force to be reckoned with, and will easily tear holes through teams that aren't prepared for it.

Shedinja @ Rawst Berry
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- X-Scissor

This is an interesting choice for this team, however I really wanted to use it just to try it out. One weakness means it can stop a lot of setup sweepers in their tracks if they don't have Fire STAB (or Leech Seed, Will-O-Wisp). The main thing with Shedinja is that I have to make sure that there are no hazards on the field (and Hail). Luckily, Skarmory provides excellent hazard removal for the team, and Hail is a pretty unviable weather anyway, making Shedinja very flexible with this team. An immunity to Fighting and Ground types makes it very useful for switching in to Scarfed users, forcing the opponent to switch out their Pokemon. While it does have very mediocre stats, it provides so much support for this team simply with its typing and ability.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Roost

Hydreigon acts as my Special Attacker for this team, as I was lacking in that department. Dark/Steel with Levitate gives it only two weaknesses, two immunities and a whopping nine resistances. It has STAB Flash Cannon and Dark Pulse, meaning it can still hit things very hard with its powerful STAB. It also have some of the best coverage for its typing, with access to Flamethrower, Earth Power, and U-Turn, as well as access to Roost and Taunt, which can be used much more easily on LO sets due to Hydreigons lack of weaknesses. Again, another Pokemon that nearly every team will have to be weary about and prepared for.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Iron Tail / Iron Head
- Hone Claws
- Earthquake / Taunt

The Mega for this team. Its lack of good moves to take advantage of Tough Claws is mainly what placed it in UU, but here it doesn't have to worry about that. It becomes a Rock/Steel-type, and while that isn't the best defensive type, it is a very good offensive type, and it actually gives Mega Aerodactyl less weakness (albeit two of them being 4x weaknesses). Access to Iron Tail and Iron Head is really all it needs to be a terrifying attacker, as now these moves can be boosted by Tough Claws and STAB to do serious damage. Hone Claws improves the accuracy of Stone Edge and Iron Tail, as well as boosting their attacking power. Iron Tail with +1 in attack and accuracy, boosted by Tough Claws and STAB? Yes please! Another Pokemon that seriously benefits from this metagame.

Last edited:
Decided to post a Steel Reflector team I made. Not the best with EVs, but there are a lot of cool things that can be used here.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Skarmory is my type passer for this team. Steel Reflector has the luxury of having a plethora of viable passers to use in this metagame. Skarmory is a great Pokemon all-around and is really useful for getting rid of hazards and being able to deal with the new Fighting weakness that this team now has.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Chandelure is one of my favorite 'mons in this meta to be honest. A Ghost/Steel-type with Flash Fire makes it such a good Defensive mon for Steel, giving it immunities to Fighting and Fire types. It also has access to things like Taunt, Will-o-Wisp, and Pain Split, meaning it does not lack support at all. It's probably one of the best Pokemon to use for covering the new Fighting and Fire weakness that this team now shares, as it has an immunity to both. It's honestly such a great Pokemon for this team, and the support it provides is phenomenal.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Kyurem-B really does love this metagame. A new secondary typing means it now has access to powerful physical STAB that it so wishes it could've gotten with Ice. A Dragon/Steel-type gives STAB Iron Head, which really is all what it needs to tear holes in teams. Earthpower and Fusion Bolt are still great coverage moves, making it very versatile. Definitely a force to be reckoned with, and will easily tear holes through teams that aren't prepared for it.

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor

This is an interesting choice for this team, however I really wanted to use it just to try it out. One weakness means it can stop a lot of setup sweepers in their tracks if they don't have Fire STAB (or Leech Seed, Will-O-Wisp). The main thing with Shedinja is that I have to make sure that there are no hazards on the field (and Hail). Luckily, Skarmory provides excellent hazard removal for the team, and Hail is a pretty unviable weather anyway, making Shedinja very flexible with this team. An immunity to Fighting and Ground types makes it very useful for switching in to Scarfed users, forcing the opponent to switch out their Pokemon. While it does have very mediocre stats, it provides so much support for this team simply with its typing and ability.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Roost

Hydreigon acts as my Special Attacker for this team, as I was lacking in that department. Dark/Steel with Levitate gives it only two weaknesses, two immunities and a whopping nine resistances. It has STAB Flash Cannon and Dark Pulse, meaning it can still hit things very hard with its powerful STAB. It also have some of the best coverage for its typing, with access to Flamethrower, Earth Power, and U-Turn, as well as access to Roost and Taunt, which can be used much more easily on LO sets due to Hydreigons lack of weaknesses. Again, another Pokemon that nearly every team will have to be weary about and prepared for.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Iron Tail / Iron Head
- Hone Claws
- Earthquake

The Mega for this team. Its lack of good moves to take advantage of Tough Claws is mainly what placed it in UU, but here it doesn't have to worry about that. It becomes a Rock/Steel-type, and while that isn't the best defensive type, it is a very good offensive type, and it actually gives Mega Aerodactyl less weakness (albeit two of them being 4x weaknesses). Access to Iron Tail and Iron Head is really all it needs to be a terrifying attacker, as now these moves can be boosted by Tough Claws and STAB to do serious damage. Hone Claws improves the accuracy of Stone Edge and Iron Tail, as well as boosting their attacking power. Iron Tail with +1 in attack and accuracy, boosted by Tough Claws and STAB? Yes please! Another Pokemon that seriously benefits from this metagame.
Nice team. Shedinja should really be capitalizing on its ability to force switches and scout for Fire-type moves by running Baton Pass, and you should consider running a Lum or Rawst Berry over Focus Sash just because there are so few attacks it takes damage from, while a bounced WoW ruins its day.

Mega Aerodactyl should consider Taunt to keep hazards off the field more easily and let Shedinja switch in on things that lack a Fire-type move but are running, say, WoW or Leech Seed.

Nice team. Shedinja should really be capitalizing on its ability to force switches and scout for Fire-type moves by running Baton Pass, and you should consider running a Lum or Rawst Berry over Focus Sash just because there are so few attacks it takes damage from, while a bounced WoW ruins its day.

Mega Aerodactyl should consider Taunt to keep hazards off the field more easily and let Shedinja switch in on things that lack a Fire-type move but are running, say, WoW or Leech Seed.
Wow I completely forgot about Lum Berry for Shedinja haha. Rawst might be a better choice though since Shedinja doesn't really mind being paralyzed and being paralyzed means it can't be burned. Also nice catch on Taunt for Mega Aero, and I'll add BP over Protect on Shedinja.

Wow I completely forgot about Lum Berry for Shedinja haha. Rawst might be a better choice though since Shedinja doesn't really mind being paralyzed and being paralyzed means it can't be burned. Also nice catch on Taunt for Mega Aero, and I'll add BP over Protect on Shedinja.
Nah man, Shedinja needs Protect to scout for stuff. Put BP over Shadow Sneak.

how broken would be gengar with a secondary steel typing. Kind of like a steel team revenge killer? The levitate makes him inmune to ground and his ghost typing takes care of fighting weakness. I don't know is it good? doesn't really have anything to cover if a fire type moves in unless you attack on it's second typing but I can see gengar doing some damage. At least take a threat down with him.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok time for me to post a couple teams.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Ferrothorn is the Reflector for the team, but he serves a very important purpose for the team as he provides Stealth Rock support. Leech Seed provides Ferrothorn with a form of recovery. The set is ripped from its standard analysis.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Memento
- Trick

Chandelure has been mentioned multiple times in this thread as, thanks to its ability, it is able to fit itself into many Reflector teams. This particular variant is to aid a Manaphy sweep by spamming a fast STAB Shadow Ball and Tricking walls that may be able to force Manaphy out. Chandelure is also an amazing partner for Ferrothorn as it can switch into Fire- and Fighting-type moves aimed at Ferrothorn while Ferrothorn can tank Ice- and Flying-type moves.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect / Synthesis
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Florges may seem like an odd choice, but actually forms a very solid core with Ferrothorn and Chandelure. Florges also now has an immunity to status thanks to Flower Veil (making its unusable ability actually useful). WishTect support also can keep the rest of the team fairly healthy while Aromatherapy support is necessary as well since Flower Veil only affect Florges sadly (would honestly be broken if it protected the WHOLE team lol).

--->

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Earthquake

Mega Charizard X actually provides a ton of utility on a Grass Reflector team thanks to it being able to 4x resist Fire moves, not be weak to Flying, as well as being able to take on Ice and Steel Reflector teams fairly easily. I went with the bulky Wisp set from standard as it is a decent wall with its decent bulk and it still has enough power thanks to high BP moves and Tough Claws. Mega Charizard X also forms a Dragon/Steel/Fairy core with Ferrothorn and Florges. Mega Charizard X having access to reliable recovery helps the team as it doesn't have to rely on Wish support from Florges like Ferrothorn and Chandelure might have to.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic / Knock Off

Ah Mew. The good Smeargle, Mew now has Celebi's typing, but with a better movepool. I actually wanted to put Celebi here at first, but I noticed the lack of hazard control on Grass Reflector teams so I went with Mew as it has access to reliable recovery, Defog, and Will-O-Wisp, the latter two Celebi happens to lack. Mew also provides Knock Off support which can be very helpful to wear down the opponent, but Psychic helps patch up the Mega Venusaur weakness.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam / Psychic

The win condition of this team, Hidden Type Manaphy provides a solid typing, another non-Fire weakness as well as amazing coverage. Scald promotes the team's goal of spreading burns and is very powerful back by +3 Special Attack. Energy Ball now gains STAB, which helps Manaphy power through Water Reflector teams that can tank its coverage. Ice Beam offers up the best neutral coverage, but if you went with Knock off on Mew, Psychic is a viable option to beat up on Mega Venusaur that didn't change their type.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power [Fire]

When looking for an offensive Grass type for this team to "reflect" on the rest of the team, I went with Serperior because of its ability to threaten the opponent in more than one way. I decided on the SubGlare set as I am not relying on its power, but its ability to threaten the opponent with its Contrary Leaf Storm giving it opportunities to set up Substitutes. Glare also benefits the team as it is fairly slow, so speed control was a must. Dragon Pulse was the best option for coverage as it can hit Kyurem-Black and the Lati twins a lot easier, but HP Fire allows Serperior to beat up on opposing Grass-types as well as Scizor and Ferrothorn.

--->

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid / Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast / Earthquake
- Roost

Giving Mega Charizard Y STAB Solarbeam is very scary thanks to it providing its own sun with Drought. Focus Blast provides the best coverage alongside its STAB, but sadly it is left walled by Steel Reflector teams that carry a Chandelure, which should be every Steel team, so Earthquake is a viable option. Roost is obvious as it allows Charizard Y to continue being a massive threat to the opponent.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Psychic

With Florges' new immunity to status and stat lowering moves, it can now officially afford to forgo Aromatherapy for coverage. I put HP Ground first as Heatran is a big stop to Florges' sweep and it gains neutral all around coverage; Psychic can hit Poison-types, but arguably HP Ground is the better option. The EV spread is to tank advantage of Florges' gargantuan Special Defense stat, but Max Def can prove effective as well since it gains a host of new "special based" weaknesses and "physical based" resistances.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magic Coat
- Foul Play

Klefki acts similar to Ferrothorn, but a bit more offensively based as it can provide Spikes and Thunder Wave support in the same vein as Ferrothorn, but Magic Coat allows Klefki to act as an effective lead and anti-lead all in one. Foul Play also helps with physical attackers that may try to prey on the team and wear them down for Manaphy or Florges. The team also really appreciates the speed control and the entry hazard damage that can be racked up. While this team does lack Stealth Rock, luckily there may not be a lot of Flying Reflector teams due to the lack of Flying Reflectors and the Levitate users still get hurt byt the offensive pressure this team applies.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Energy Ball

Rain Dance Manaphy is really good on offense thanks to its ability to deter status, setup, and have great STAB coverage. While the previous team enjoyed the coverage, this team enjoys Manaphy's sustainability. It may seem weird to run a Pokemon with Mega Charizard Y that is hurt by the sun, but that makes Rain Dance even more valuable as Manaphy can get rid of sun and boost its own STAB to be more powerful than it was.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Memento
- Trick

Lastly, this thing makes it through from the other team as an amazing cleaner or pave a way for a Florges or Manaphy sweep. Chandelure is arguably the Pokemon to benefit the absolute most from this metagame as it can use its Fire immunity to get rid of any weakness it may gain.

So while those are my teams, I am not done as I have a few sets I want to post...

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake / Fire Punch

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Aqua Jet

Dragonite @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 64 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Aqua Tail

Water Reflector teams appreciate Dragonite's real lack of a Flying STAB move coupled with its new amazing typing, giving it only a Dragon and Fairy weakness. Dragonite is also a very solid win condition now thanks to literally nothing breaking its Mutiscale, giving a guaranteed setup turn. It also now loses its Stealth Rock weakness, but with that means it is now susceptible to every entry hazard, slightly cutting into its bulk.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Normal Reflector teams give Dragonite STAB Extreme Speed which can be a big nuisance backed by a Choice Band. Fire Punch allows Dragonite to hits Steel-types not named Chandelure while Earthquake hits the aforementioned Chandelure as well as Heatran and bulky Rock-types.

I have more but this is it for now. n_n

how broken would be gengar with a secondary steel typing. Kind of like a steel team revenge killer? The levitate makes him inmune to ground and his ghost typing takes care of fighting weakness. I don't know is it good? doesn't really have anything to cover if a fire type moves in unless you attack on it's second typing but I can see gengar doing some damage. At least take a threat down with him.
Gengar might be decent, as Ghost/Steel-type with Levitate is pretty good, but it lacks Steel STAB that it can use, and since it has horrible defenses it's kinda hard to use it as a defensive Pokemon, even though it has a good defensive type.

gdi nv u made me want to post.

Sigh, anyway here it is.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Mega Gardevoir is the reflector of the team. Not only does it reflect, but it covers this team's weakness, Dark. Hyper Voice does tonnes of damage to Dark types and Psyshock is for STAB. Thunderbolt and Focus Blast are for coverage, but normally you would use Hyper Voice > Focus Blast, but some Pokemon (Tyranitar and some others) you would use Focus Blast.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Superpower

Darmanitan has joined the squad because it can cover the Bug weakness of the team with Flare Blitz. For its other moves, it has U-Turn for switch initiative, Zen Headbutt for its new STAB and Superpower for coverage. U-Turn can also be used to hit other Psychics decently.

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Extrasensory
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Zoroark was included to have an answer to Ghost types. Not only can it kill Ghost Types, but you can trick the opponent by usually using Darmanitan to stop them from using Bug-Type moves. If you think you are safe, you can do some good damage. Yes, I know Zoroark now has a 4x weakness to Bug. Zoroark isn't meant to take hits anyway, so it can just be used for just attacking. It has STAB Dark Pulse and STAB Extrasensory as well as Flamethrower for coverage and U-Turn for switch initiative.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost
- Iron Head

This type of Skarmory is a more Physically Defensive Bronzong. It can set rocks like Bronzong, but can remove them too. This can help Darmanitan and sometimes even Zoroark keep the Illusion mind games going. Iron Head is just a STAB for a little bit of damage if Skarmory needs it.

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Moonblast

Fairy / Psychic is a good typing, shown through Gardevoir. But with the bulk of Aromatisse, it makes Aromatisse even better. It is only weak to Ghost, Poison and Steel, and I'm pretty sure this team has the ability to take out Pokemon of those types. Wish can be passed or Protected to heal Aromatisse back up. Toxic can be used to stall if you really wanted to and Moonblast is for STAB damage.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Substitute (or coverage move)
- Extrasensory
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind (or HP ice)

I realised this team doesn't do anything to Water besides hit it neutrally, so I added Raikou. This set is a Substitute & Calm Mind set. You would want to set this up on a victim you think will switch out. Thunderbolt and Extrasensory are the STABs for Raikou, but you can run other coverage moves over Calm Mind or Substitute if you don't want to use this set.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Superpower

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Extrasensory
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost
- Iron Head

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Moonblast

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Extrasensory
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

I know its not the best team but I hope you like it.

I'm working on a Fairy team that will hopefully be perfected later today. Anyway, I've been messing around a lot with some Pokemon, and have decided to post some Pokemon that could really benefit from a new secondary type (not including the obvious, like Kyurem-B).

Suicune really does enjoy gaining a new secondary type in the form of Steel. It becomes immune to Toxic, and sports a whopping 10 resistances. The only downside is that it now becomes weak to Fighting and Ground, types which can easily become very common in this metagame. Nonetheless, it is still a good option for any defensive Steel-teams.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

|
|

Slap Porygon-Z on any of these teams for a powerful Special Attacker. It has access to STAB Discharge, STAB Shadow Ball, STAB Dark Pulse, and lots of other options. It becomes a very formidable threat as it definitely has a lot of moves it can now use to take advantage of Adaptability.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Discharge / Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse
- Trick
- Ice Beam

This is a pretty simple Pokemon to understand. Giving it a secondary type in the form of Fire means it gets STAB on either Overheat or Flamethrower - your choice. Giving it another form of STAB means it can just hit things a lot easier, especially Grass types. The Electric-typing also allows it to deal with Water-type, which will most likely be a problem for Fire-teams.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat / Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

A very interesting option. Most people would probably go with Water/Grass Manaphy, but this may prove to be effective as well. HP Flying, while not the best move, can become pretty powerful at +3 boosted by STAB. This mainly allows Manaphy to deal with annoying Grass-types, mainly Mega-Venusaur. Last moveslot is filler depending on the type of coverage you want. Being part Water-type also allows it to better deal with Rock-types, and since this can only be used on Flying-type teams, it will be a viable choice for any Flying-team.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball / Psychic

If you don't feel like using Skarmory on your Flying-teams, then use this! A Steel/Flying-type is an amazing defensive typing, and it allows Registeel to really take advantage of it's nice defenses. It has a decent support movepool, although the lack of recovery makes it easier to wear down than Skarmory. Nonetheless, it's still a pretty nice option for any Flying-teams.

Registeel @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Seismic Toss / Iron Head
- Protect / Rest

I'll post some more of these soon. I'd like to see what other options everyone else can come up with!

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
So this meta seems really interesting to me, so I decided to make my first big post for this meta. I plan on going through all the S and A+ ranked OU mons and showing what types benefit them most and how much this meta benefits the,:

Clefable definitely benefits from this meta, whether it's a better defensive typing, or better coverage on its STABs, Clefable has many sets it can run, the 2 types I can see being used most are:
Clefable @ Leftovers (Fire)
Ability: Magic Guard
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
OR
Clefable @ Leftovers (Steel)
Ability: Unaware
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Moonblast

The main draw of Keldeo in this meta is the fact that it can run a STAB over secret sword and still have it as a strong coverage option, a set something like this could be nice:
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf (Ice)
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]/Hydro Pump

Tornadus-T is interesting in this meta, able to benefit from a HUGE amount of types due to its diverse movepool, so I think the trick is looking for the best defensive and offensive combination with flying.
Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb OR Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe OR 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpA
Hasty Nature OR Brave Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Mega Alakazam definitely benefits from this meta with the ability to double up on stabs and get rid of that nasty pursuit and knock off weakness
Alakazam @ Alakazite (Fighting)
Timid Nature
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore/Thunder Wave

Azumarill, as already discussed before gets a great benefit in this meta in trading away its fairy type for fighting, giving it a much stronger secondary STAB and getting rid of its slight 4MSS on its banded set.
Azumarill @ Choice Band (Fighting)
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Mega Charizard X honestly does not benefit from this meta, as once it mega evolves,Mir reverts to its original types, the best type would probably be grass as the team benefits greatly from it, resisting or being neutral to all weaknesses, or a type that resists rocks to negate that nasty 50% health drop when switching in.
Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw/Outrage

Mega Diancie wished its types were switched around, so it could run a special stab over rock, but instead the fairy type will be replaced, ground giving it a new STAB in earth power albeit giving it a terrible defensive typing while also halving that steel weakness , so much to the point that t can live a Max attack scizor and a Max attack neutral nature mega scizor's bullet punch, it could also run fire to bop the steel types with HP fire and completely negate the steel weakness that it had.
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite (Fire/Ground)
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power/HP Fire
- Moonblast/HP Fire

Don't give Excadrill a new type. Please. Any new STAB it gains will either be weaker or just as strong, and all with worse coverage, and any type that actually has a good move gives it a much worse defensive typing.

Ferrothorn, much like Excadrill, really doesn't gain anything from this meta, already having the best defensive grass typing in the game and coverage not really being the reason you would use ferrothorn, so don't use it unless you really need to

Garchomp a defensive set greatly appreciates gaining the steel type, giving it only 2 weaknesses (both mainly physical attacking types) and 9 resistances and an immunity, it also provides perfect coverage apart from heatran with fire blast.
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet (Steel)
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Iron Head
- Fire Blast

Heatran,much like the other 2 Steel types, does not appreciate this meta that much, with steel being its best defensive typing, except perhaps grass, but it lacks the resistances that are the real reason Heatran is so good.

Hoopa-U is a bit of a double edged sword, being able to get some, nice STAB coverage, but give up STAB on its signature, and most powerful move Hyperspace Fury. Fighting provides the best coverage along with Psychic and Dark.
Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf (Fighting)
Ability: Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot

Landorus-T benefits greatly from this meta, being able to effectively run a second STAB, unlike when it had flying type, and Fly as its only STAB, but now with Dark type, it gets great dual STABs in Ground and Dark, with Rock and Bug giving it a huge amount of super effective coverage. Unfortunately Ground/Dark is a terrible defensive typing.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Lopunny honest gains nothing from this meta, losing its typing upon Mega evolving, which almost certainly will happen first turn its out. It most likely would be best on normal teams,melting it deal with the heavy disadvantage against ghost with its scrappy ability, meaning it's STABs hit ghosts.

Latios is very cool in this meta, being able to run a lot of different types, the best 2 probably being electric and ice, and the other in a coverage slot for that amazing boltbeam coverage. Electric would most likely be preferable as it has a much nicer defensive typing.
Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf (Electric)
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Trick/Thunder Wave/Memento

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind/Ice Beam
- Roost

Manaphy, just like in hidden type, will be a force to be reckoned with, along with a new STAB energy ball with grass type, Manaphy hits extremely hard after a tail glow, and with amazing coverage along with ice beam.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Everything below this is not done----------------------------------------------––--——–––----------
HIDE]

Rip, accidentally posted early, will get it done soon

Hmm.. Maybe I too should look at individual Pokemon.

Here are some I've thought of.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Return

I know losing the Ice STAB is a bit bad but I like this type of Weavile. It now has STAB Fake Out and Return. In terms of weaknesses and resistances, they don't really matter. Weavile isn't meant to be taking hits anyway so I won't talk about that. Knock Off is still a STAB move and has its utilities. I put Ice Shard for priority + coverage but you could also run Quick Attack for triple normal STAB?

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Lando gets rid of its flying typing for a fighting type. This gives him a double STAB in EQ and Superpower. It has U-Turn if you are in a bad matchup and Knock Off to get rid of items. It can be a scarfed or a banded Pokemon. A powerful fighting STAB hits neutrally really hard, with only the risk of dying due to the defence drop from Superpower.

The sad thing is that it loses its flying typing, so it can't really be bulky anymore

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Drill Run
- Poison Jab

Although Beedrill loses its Poison Jab STAB, it can still deal decent damage. I've chosen a Bug / Ground Mega Bedrill so that Drill Run hits Steel / Fire types way harder. U-Turn is just STAB and retreating if you feel like you don't have a good match up.

I'll probably add some more later

Last edited:
Reactions: nv
I've been a connoisseur of metagames for the longest time, and rarely am I motivated to contribute to a thread, but seeing as this thing is brand new, I couldn't help but to experiment and weigh in on the discussion.

Golem @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch

So, for the longest time I've been thinking for a good type to give Golem, and while there were better defensive options, I wanted something that gave him a second STAB while covering up some of his other weaknesses. Rock/Dark was not an option, as it gave him even more weaknesses in total, so I figured since Water will be a common enemy, I might as well go for Electric. The only thing that was holding him back was his abysmal typing, now with that gone, Golem is a powerhouse to be reckoned with, sporting 120 attack and 130 defenses, equipped with a Choice Band to wreck even harder, and Sucker Punch allows Golem to outspeed potential threats, even if he does get hit with a special attack, Sturdy allows him to hit one last time before going down.

Magcargo @ Leftovers
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower

Continuing on the topic of "Pokémon that would be good if they had a better typing", I've been a fan of the Fire/Grass defensive type for the longest time. Albeit I'd say Tokoal would be the better candidate with 140 Defense and 70 HP compared to the 120 Defense and 50 HP of Magcargo, but Magcargo has Recover, which is something Torkoal is lacking. Stealth Rock for setup, Will-O-Wisp to bully Physical attackers and Flamethrower as pretty decent STAB, Magcargo may very well be a solid pick for any Grass team.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

If you thought Dragonite was good, think again, because it's about to get even better. STAB Extremespeed and you get rid of that pesky 4 times Ice weakness, Dragon/Normal is probably the absolute best type that Dragonite could wish for. Sticking to a very common set, you don't really have to change a whole lot about it, just add a Normal type lead and you're set for destruction.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Spe
- Signal Beam
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Tri Attack

What is that? You wish you could run Magnezone with Analytic to get that sweet extra power, but you're too afraid of Earthquakes all the time? Look no further! Thanks to the wonders of modern science, we can make your Magnezone Electric/Bug! Equipped with Signal Beam for STAB and Tri Attack for coverage, your Magnezone is primed for destruction.

Sweet fairy team coming later today featuring the like of:
  • Cleric clefable
  • Mega Absol (!)
  • Specially defensive latias
  • Physically defensive skarmory
  • Gengar
  • Rain Dance Manaphy
Still trying to decide the worth of specially defensive sub-roost dragon/fairy dragonite and ground fairy donphan. Play rough has junk distribution :(

In the meantime, I foresee Espeeders, particularly arcanine and entei as being big time threats. With their fire/normal/fighting and fire/normal/rock coverage sets they are going to require niche PITA things to stop them. (Though steel chandelute does WALL them)

A Ghost/Fairy Chandelure with Flash Fire has four immunities. It basically just hard walls Dragonite.
This is interesting, I don't know if it was in response to my suggested Dragon/Normal Dragonite, but either way, that's awesome, I felt like Dragonite would be a little too strong, but it's nice that there's possibilities to keep it in check.

This is interesting, I don't know if it was in response to my suggested Dragon/Normal Dragonite, but either way, that's awesome, I felt like Dragonite would be a little too strong, but it's nice that there's possibilities to keep it in check.
Nah I was just stating it since it was something I had just noticed haha. But yeah that Dragonite set seems extremely powerful but it's stop by Ghost/Fairy Chandelure (or really Ghost/Fairy anything, but Chandelure gets Flash Fire)

Fairy team I made. I orginally had psychic/fairy cresselia in place of latias and ground/fairy donphan in place of skarm, but I think the current set up is better. Anyone else find some cool fairy reflectees?

Fairy Balance

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Clefable's role is to provide cleric support to the rest of the team. Thanks to the many immunities and resistances of the other members, it is possible to pass wishes. Moon Blast can be uses to wear down switches. Heal Bell is obvious. nothing exciting here...regular old clefable.

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Hasty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast / Ice Beam / Super power / Whatever coverage you can dream of

Mega Absol gets a nice secondary STAB and some new resistances to patch up it's weaknesses to bug/fighting. This type combo is very good offensively, while providing enough to switch-in opportunities thanks to the immunity to dragon and psychic as well as 4x resistance to dark. 361 speed is great, and everything faster gets maimed by sucker punch. Pursuit might be an option as well, but I think it is better to use Absol as a sweeper and use the 3rd slot to run the coverage of your choice. Absol's movepool is ridiculous.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Iron Head

Look at your defensive wall. Now look at me. Now look back to your defensive wall. now, back to me.
This is just about the only better defensive typing that skarmory could want. This walls pretty much all physical threats, barring those with a strong EQ (thankfully there are 2 levitators on this team!) This does the same thing skarmory normally does. Wall stuff and set hazard. iron head is so that it isn't useless when taunted, but whirlwind might be used instead.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Roost

Latias is this team's special wall. The new dragon/fairy typing is a boon for latias, as it loses it's pursuit weakness, but unfortunately does not get a fairy stab. This doesn't really matter when you have boltbeam. Surf is run over ice beam to better deal with fire types, which are otherwise handled only by manaphy.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond / Taunt

mmmm 4 immunities. Gengar walls the crap out of the the e-speeders, and KOs them with Dazzling gleam or focus blast. Just a darn good LO attacker. Destiny bond to mess with sucker punch users and get some surprise kills.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance / Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dazzling Gleam

This is the team's win condition and stallbreaker. Fairy typing gives manaphy an amazing defensive type combo, and condenses its attacking coverage to two moves. This STAB combo is resisted by: grass/steel, grass/poison, water/steel, and water/poison. I'm guessing grass will be more common than poison as a reflected type, so Ice Beam might be a useful replacement to rain dance over psychic.[/hide]

Nah I was just stating it since it was something I had just noticed haha. But yeah that Dragonite set seems extremely powerful but it's stop by Ghost/Fairy Chandelure (or really Ghost/Fairy anything, but Chandelure gets Flash Fire)
Except Dragonite doesn't need to run a Dragon STAB by any stretch of the imagination. Espeed + EQ + Iron Head/Fire Punch suits it just fine. Outrage is its most powerful option against neutral targets, but it can run whatever coverage it needs to hit any given Dragon-type neutrally. Running something else also improves its matchup against Steel-types that aren't susceptible to Earthquake (Steel/Flying, Steel/Grass, etc.).

Skarmory will probably, in practice, probably be the mon used most often to check Dragonite, as a natural Steel-type with a high Defense that is very splashable. So Dragonite should be carrying coverage that let it break through most Skarm variants.

Except Dragonite doesn't need to run a Dragon STAB by any stretch of the imagination. Espeed + EQ + Iron Head/Fire Punch suits it just fine. Outrage is its most powerful option against neutral targets, but it can run whatever coverage it needs to hit any given Dragon-type neutrally. Running something else also improves its matchup against Steel-types that aren't susceptible to Earthquake (Steel/Flying, Steel/Grass, etc.).

Skarmory will probably, in practice, probably be the mon used most often to check Dragonite, as a natural Steel-type with a high Defense that is very splashable. So Dragonite should be carrying coverage that let it break through most Skarm variants.
Good point. Although, Chandelure can take a non-boosted Iron Head from Dragonite (fully invested Chandelure might even be able to take +1 I believe, too lazy to calc :x) and then burn Dragonite (assuming Dragonite doesn't have Lum). But yeah, Skarm is probably the go-to as a Dragonite counter.

Also, sweet team Hot dog pizza! Hopefully this gets coded soon AWailOfATail pls so we can test them out :D

Reactions: nv

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Good point. Although, Chandelure can take a non-boosted Iron Head from Dragonite (fully invested Chandelure might even be able to take +1 I believe, too lazy to calc :x) and then burn Dragonite (assuming Dragonite doesn't have Lum). But yeah, Skarm is probably the go-to as a Dragonite counter.

Also, sweet team Hot dog pizza! Hopefully this gets coded soon AWailOfATail pls so we can test them out :D
:D
Should have a lot more time next week bc spring break. Currently focusing on another meta but it's giving me problems but I think I know why. ANYWAY when I get frustrated with that I'll definitely give this a shot. Already have a few ideas.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
config/formats.js
Code:
  {
     name: "Type Reflectors",
     section: "Other Metagames",
     mod: 'typereflectors',

ruleset: ['OU'],
     banlist: [],
     onBegin: function () {
       for (var i = 0; i < this.sides.length; i++) {
         //establishes metaType
         this.sides[i].metaType = this.sides[i].pokemon[0].getTypes()[0];
         this.sides[i].donator = this.sides[i].pokemon[0].species
       }
     },
     onSwitchIn: function (pokemon) {

let template = pokemon.baseTemplate;
       let isChangingMega = false;

if (template.isMega) {
         //These are all Megas that add a secondary type upon Mega Evo.
         //These should not be affected by the metagame rules.
         //These will Mega Evolve as normal and never reupdate type on switch in.
         //Use template.id to check if they're in the list.

let changingMegas = ['charizardmegax', 'pinsirmega', 'gyaradosmega', 'mewtwomegax', 'ampharosmega', 'sceptilemega', 'altariamega', 'lopunnymega', 'audinomega'];
         if (changingMegas.indexOf(template.id) >= 0) {
           isChangingMega = true;
         }
       }

//If it is a changing Mega, type does not reupdate.

if (pokemon.types.indexOf(pokemon.side.metaType) < 0 && !isChangingMega) {
         //AKA if they don't have the type
         pokemon.setType(pokemon.template.types[0]);
         pokemon.addType(pokemon.side.metaType);
         this.add('-start', pokemon, 'typechange', pokemon.types[0], null);
         this.add('-start', pokemon, 'typeadd', pokemon.addedType, null);

} else if (pokemon.types.indexOf(pokemon.side.metaType) === 0 && pokemon.species !== pokemon.side.donator && !isChangingMega) {
         //AKA if they have the type but they're not the donator
       } else {
         if(pokemon.types[1]) {
           this.add('-start', pokemon, 'typeadd', pokemon.types[1], null);
         } else {
         }
       }
     }
   }, //remove comma if last meta in list
mods/typereflectors/scripts.js
Code:
'use strict';

exports.BattleScripts = {
   runMegaEvo: function (pokemon) {
     let template = this.getTemplate(pokemon.canMegaEvo);
     let side = pokemon.side;

// Pokémon affected by Sky Drop cannot mega evolve. Enforce it here for now.
     let foeActive = side.foe.active;
     for (let i = 0; i < foeActive.length; i++) {
       if (foeActive[i].volatiles['skydrop'] && foeActive[i].volatiles['skydrop'].source === pokemon) {
         return false;
       }
     }

pokemon.formeChange(template);
     pokemon.baseTemplate = template; // mega evolution is permanent
     pokemon.details = template.species + (pokemon.level === 100 ? '' : ', L' + pokemon.level) + (pokemon.gender === '' ? '' : ', ' + pokemon.gender) + (pokemon.set.shiny ? ', shiny' : '');
     this.add('detailschange', pokemon, pokemon.details);
     this.add('-mega', pokemon, template.baseSpecies, template.requiredItem);
     pokemon.setAbility(template.abilities['0']);
     pokemon.baseAbility = pokemon.ability;

// Limit one mega evolution
     for (let i = 0; i < side.pokemon.length; i++) {
       side.pokemon[i].canMegaEvo = false;
     }

if (template.isMega) {
       let changingMegas = ['charizardmegax', 'pinsirmega', 'gyaradosmega', 'mewtwomegax', 'ampharosmega', 'sceptilemega', 'altariamega', 'lopunnymega', 'audinomega'];
         isChangingMega = true;
       }

} else if (pokemon.types.indexOf(pokemon.side.metaType) === 0 && pokemon.species !== pokemon.side.donator && !isChangingMega) {
       } else {
         if(pokemon.types[1]) {
         } else {
         }
       }
     }

return true;
   }
}
edited to fix visual

Like always, let me know if anything doesn't work as it should. Something weird does happen during Mega Evo but from my tests it's just visual. I could probably fix that if it was really needed, but since it's playable, I figured you guys would want that more.

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
config/formats.js
Code:
  {
     name: "Type Reflectors",
     section: "Other Metagames",
     mod: 'typereflectors',

ruleset: ['OU'],
     banlist: [],
     onBegin: function () {
       for (var i = 0; i < this.sides.length; i++) {
         //establishes metaType
         this.sides[i].metaType = this.sides[i].pokemon[0].getTypes()[0];
         this.sides[i].donator = this.sides[i].pokemon[0].species
       }
     },
     onSwitchIn: function (pokemon) {

let template = pokemon.baseTemplate;

if (template.isMega) {
         //These are all Megas that add a secondary type upon Mega Evo.
         //These should not be affected by the metagame rules.
         //These will Mega Evolve as normal and never reupdate type on switch in.
         //Use template.id to check if they're in the list.

isChangingMega = true;
         }
       }

//If it is a changing Mega, type does not reupdate.

} else {
         if(pokemon.types[1]) {
         } else {
         }
       }
     }
   }, //remove comma if last meta in list
mods/typereflectors/scripts.js
Code:
'use strict';

exports.BattleScripts = {
   pokemon: {
     formeChange: function (template, dontRecalculateStats) {
       template = this.battle.getTemplate(template);

if (!template.abilities) return false;
       this.illusion = null;
       this.template = template;

this.types = template.types;

if (template.isMega) {
           isChangingMega = true;
         }
         if (!isChangingMega) {
           this.setType(this.template.types[0]);
           this.addType(this.side.metaType);
           this.battle.add('-start', this, 'typechange', this.types[0], null);
           this.battle.add('-start', this, 'typeadd', this.addedType, null);
         } else {
           this.battle.add('-start', this, 'typechange', this.types[0], null);
           this.battle.add('-start', this, 'typeadd', this.types[1], null);
         }
       }

if (!dontRecalculateStats) {
         for (let statName in this.stats) {
           let stat = this.template.baseStats[statName];
           stat = Math.floor(Math.floor(2 * stat + this.set.ivs[statName] + Math.floor(this.set.evs[statName] / 4)) * this.level / 100 + 5);

// nature
           let nature = this.battle.getNature(this.set.nature);
           if (statName === nature.plus) stat *= 1.1;
           if (statName === nature.minus) stat *= 0.9;
           this.baseStats[statName] = this.stats[statName] = Math.floor(stat);
         }
         this.speed = this.stats.spe;
       }
       return true;
     }
   }
}

Like always, let me know if anything doesn't work as it should. Something weird does happen during Mega Evo but from my tests it's just visual. I could probably fix that if it was really needed, but since it's playable, I figured you guys would want that more.
Going to tag urkerab to put this on the ROM server so we can get to playtesting this awesome metagame, n_n

Seeing how a lot of people are posting their teams, I guess I would post mine too
Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Scald
- Psychic

Dragalge @ Splash Plate
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

Dragonite @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 64 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Waterfall

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Healing Wish

Now to go into everyone in details

This little guy is the type reflector and the mega of the team, This pokemon is a really nice Physical tank and the calm mind set allows him to turn into a special tank and a strong pokemon after only 1 boost!
Possible Changes: You can use Manaphy/Keldeo/Starmie/Azumarill if you want to be more offensive, but then you would have no mega, and mega Latios is not really good, You can also use Gyarados-Mega I guess but I choose Slowbro due to physical tank abilities and gyarados is not the best tank

This is from the only non-water type pokemon that learns scald, and fairly enough it is the defogger of the team and conveniently it is a special tank which synergies well with Slowbro
Possible Changes: You can choose to forego Psychic STAB for WoW or Knock Off, You can also change defog with stealth rock and change the rocks on Gliscor with Defog, But personally I like it this way

Another one of the rare pokemons which learn scald and ain't part water, Now Dragalge regains his pre-evolution's typing which he can abuse perfectly, Due to Scald/Sludge Wave Adaptability-Boosted attacks coming from 97 SpA totally invested, It also has great coverage in focus blast, and has one more slot, which toxic spikes filled, shame defog removes it but it prevent magic bouncers from switching on it and abusing it, This pokemon also takes neutral damage from grass, which normally is a problem for water
Possible Changes: You can run Thunderbolt/Shadow ball coverage instead of TSpikes, and you can use Hydro Pump>Scald if you prefer the extra power

Well,Viable Water-Type moves are normally only with water-type pokemons, but I found out that Waterfall is given to Dragonite and obviously that isn't something to overgo, Dragonite can boost easily due to Multiscale, and then Outrage/Waterfall/Extreme Speed the opponent to death, Also it takes grass AND electric hits due to the dragon typing
Possible Changes: You can go defensive and change Dragon Dance to Roost, You can also choose Aqua Jet>Extreme Speed due to more PP and better coverage

Aqua Tail for ages, This pokemon is immune to electric but X4 weak to grass, It trades its ground immunity and rock neutrality to alot of new resistances and actual STAB, This is the rocker of the team, and it is great with the Mew/Slowbro combo as a secondary physical wall incase Slowbro falls down
Possible Changes: Alot, You can literally just change the whole set depending on your purpose, like changing to stallbreaker set, changing rocks to defog, changing the whole pokemon for another pokemon that fits your role, all in all this pokemon is not the most important but it proved to work great

Final addition to my team, it is a secondary SpD Tank in case mew falls, somehow, This pokemon uses the water typing in both offensive and defensive ways, It can take grass and electric hits like dragonite due to same typing, This pokemon also provides healing wish support for its allies incase it gets weakened and/or a main wall (Mew/Slowbro) is near dead, it gives them another chance to compete
Possible Changes: You can go the more defensive way and remove Healing wish for roost, or you could go offensive and go with latios instead or just a different EV Spread, this pokemon helps in dealing with grass/electric but the team already takes these attacks easy so the whole pokemon can be changed

All in All
A water-reflector team which is balanced, It can take hits from the weaknesses of its reflected type (Water) but also it gains all sorts of advantages from water's great typing, Both Offensively and defensively

Hope you guys like the team, and if you notice a fault or something like a threat that I did not see/Have Constructive Criticism, Please tell me so I can improve the team

Emboar, masquerade , stunfisk and dragalge do also randomly get scald. Emboar and stunfisk don't even have water prior evos. Unfortunately, I don't think either will have a place on water teams.

Angry2 your team does get vaporized by freeze dry and lacks some good stops to normal espeed spam and darkspam. Also water/steel types wall your whole team... Curse water/steel quagsire 6-0s

Lol even better: ghost/dark jellicent with balloon is immune to the team less dragon pulsre and poison, whichit takes nothing from and resists, respectively.

Edit: nvm about jelli since that's not possible, but moral of the story is increase your attack diversity :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)