Multi Gen Ubers Premier League IV - Finals[won by the really good reshirams]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to the Finals of UPL IV, where we take losing to Darkrai-weak teams in stride!

Important Things to Remember

• Good sportsmanship is expected. We have an Unsportsmanlike Conduct infraction for a reason, and we will use it if needed. Semi-aggressive play is fine, but don't go overboard.
  • Use your VM walls to schedule matches. VM activity will be a big factor in deciding activity wins.
  • If you wish to replay a disconnection, you MUST have submitted your team by FORUM PM to Fireburn before your match. If this is unclear, here is the information from the previous SPL thread:
Ah, the big beefcake. I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: we reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

Also, to protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer and not be hour-a-move dicks.

That said, here is the main way we will probably handle DCs / timing out:

To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. Oglemi and Aldaron, who are not playing nor affiliated with any team, will manage this team submission form. You don't have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. If you do DC (and you can't rejoin the battle) and you haven't submitted your team, your opponent will have the right to take the win. Yes, I'll most likely make a judgment call if he is on his last turn with 1 Pokemon at 5% and paralyzed and with you at 6 100% health Pokemon, because the only way to lose this is to misclick multiple times. However, if you're at 6 100% Pokemon and your opponent is at last Pokemon 10% needing to crit flinch you 6 - 12 times for the win, I'll give him the win if you DC and haven't submitted your team.

I know people like Philip7086 will beg me "to use common sense for a judgment call" for all cases and I would normally agree, but I am giving you all a 100% out by allowing you to submit your team. Basically, submit your team, and protect yourself and your team from any and all DCs. It's a simple procedure that removes almost all subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team your are using at anytime before the match takes place, and you'll have 100% protected yourself. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the PLAYER (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

To further ensure no funny business, if, in the case of a DC replay, there is any concern from either party about funny business, both parties have the right to request a screenshot of the current Pokemon's stats in battle. This is irrelevant for Showdown as you can simply rejoin a battle there, but PO allows you to see the currently out Pokemon's stats if you scroll over it with your mouse. Just hit PrntScrn (windows) while scrolling over it if requested by your opponent, preferably with proof that it is a screenshot of that actual battle (consider including the opponent's request in the battle screen in the screenshot).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

• YOU MUST SAVE A REPLAY/LOG OF YOUR MATCH OR IT WILL BE CONSIDERED INVALID. These are fun to watch and can be used for statistics and to chronicle new metagame developments over the course of UPL, so you should do it anyway!
  • DO NOT JOHN YOUR MATCHES OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES

DaReal Drizzlers (4) vs really good reshirams (4)
ORAS Ubers: Dominatio vs Steve Angello
ORAS Ubers: The Trap God vs Omfuga
XY Ubers: Hack vs PROBLEMS
BW2 Ubers: Evuelf vs -Tsunami-
BW2 Ubers: WreckDra vs polop
DPP Ubers: Jirachee vs Alex Walls
ADV Ubers: Minority Suspect vs Transcendent God Champion
GSC Ubers: BKC vs Isa

Deadline is NO JOHNS O'CLOCK

Additional notes:
  • Arceus is banned from DPP Ubers.
  • Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for ADV Ubers unless both parties agree to play on PO.
  • Pokemon Online is the default simulator for GSC Ubers (due to mechanics accuracy) unless both parties agree to play on PS.
  • XY legalities are below. Breaking any of these could result in forfeiture of your match, so read them carefully:
Hoopa-Unbound
Hoopa-Confined

Precipice Blades
Origin Pulse
Dragon Ascent

Note: Evasion Clause wasn't reinstated until ORAS, so Double Team and Minimize are legal in XY Ubers only.

Red Orb
Blue Orb
Soul Dew
Beedrillite
Pidgeotite
Slowbronite
Steelixite
Sceptilite
Swampertite
Sablenite
Sharpedonite
Cameruptite
Altarianite
Glalitite
Salamencite
Metagrossite
Latiasite
Latiosite
Lopunnite
Galladite
Audinite
Diancite

Yveltal+Knock Off
Yveltal+Heat Wave
Klefki+Magnet Rise
Greninja+Gunk Shot
Greninja+Low Kick

Good luck to all!

*MANAGERS, IF THERE IS AN ERROR IN YOUR LINEUPS CONTACT FIREBURN IMMEDIATELY*

Last edited:
ORAS Ubers: old news vs Steve Angello

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
DaReal Drizzlers (0) vs really good reshirams (0)
ORAS Ubers: old news vs Steve Angello No alt wins
ORAS Ubers: The Trap God vs Omfuga Omfuga wins in style
XY Ubers: Hack vs PROBLEMS hl match
BW2 Ubers: Evuelf vs -Tsunami- Evuelf6-0
BW2 Ubers: WreckDra vs polop polops bw is strong
DPP Ubers: Jirachee vs Alex Walls Been solid all upl
ADV Ubers: Minority Suspect vs Transcendent God Champion Its hard to bet versus Lance
GSC Ubers: BKC vs Isa there is no winners in gsc

lance - probs core strong

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
One more thing:

In the event of a tiebreaker, it will be done in the following manner: the managers will nom 3 players from their team to play in 3 different metagames - one will be ORAS, one will be the first manager's choosing, one will be the second manager's choosing.Once the metagames are known they'll PM me their players and we'll proceed from there.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
ADV Ubers: Minority Suspect vs Transcendent God Champion - IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING LOL

I never posted 'shoutouts' but uh, shoutouts to Fireburn for dealing with all the shit (of which there was plenty) gracefully, particularly so this year than previous ones - friends on Genes (esp Tape and Blim), all the people who messaged me stuff after the incident, and yohoE for being a class act after all had been said and done. Obviously there are a few regrets, but I'm looking forward to next year's! (Where if I'm denied manager again I may just shoot myself.)

Damn, I was cheering for both these two teams from the start. I WANT Raseri to take it all, but I think the Grizzlers will take it home. Good luck to both!

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called

Tie-break:
ORAS: Hack vs Omfuga
BW2: Evuelf vs Problems
GSC: BKC vs Isa

I hope my buddies Evuelf, Nayrz and the love of my life, Hack, take home the win :3

DaReal Drizzlers (5) vs really good reshirams (3)

ORAS Ubers: frozen inside vs Steve Angello
from what i've seen, he plays well and has access to some of the best teams in ORAS. steve's teams have always been kinda shaky in my eyes and i think this is where alt master "old news" is gonna get the edge.

Omfuga's just the better player. His teams always look like ass but defensively, they "technically" cover most shit and the gimmicks will catch Trap God off guard (scarfrai+scarfogre+mixed cm fairyceus is unstoppable).

Hack is the best xy player and builder in my eyes, barring maybe blim. problems is obviously very solid, but i've gotta give hack this one.

Evuelf is unstoppable in his main tier. He's looking for the 6-0 record and I don't think Shake can stop his momentum.

polop has a better understanding of the BW2 meta and has the balls to make plays.

Jirachee has been the face of consistency over the course of 3 upls. He'll win when it matters.

Lance is gonna bring his 1 adv team and MS will have something that beats it (blissey+mewtwo check+ray check anyone?).

Both are solid players but i think Isa's experience and potential use some cooler unexpected "techs" (still waiting for something like Toxic Mewtwo+HP [Fire] Forretress, Gengar, Raikou, etc) gives him an advantage. Both will play well though, so it could go either way

The deciding matches are probably gonna be Hack v Problems and BKC v Isa imo.

Thanks for making this a fun season Helixes. It was a pleasure getting to know you guys over the past month.

Foggi

Banned deucer.
DaReal Drizzlers (5) vs really good reshirams (3)

ORAS Ubers: old news vs Steve Angello -this kid is someone in disguise, can feel it in my bonesss. but whoever they are, they play pretty ballsy, which i respect.
ORAS Ubers: The Trap God vs Omfuga - lol fuck Omfuga and his Rocky Helmet Grod's, but they have that element of surprise.
XY Ubers: Hack vs PROBLEMS - hack was probably #2 XY player after the legendary Blimmicks.
BW2 Ubers: Evuelf vs -Tsunami- EUVELF ;]
BW2 Ubers: WreckDra vs polop - i love polop, and he's actually good @ BW2.
DPP Ubers: Jirachee vs Alex Walls - weeeeeeww remember he inspired THE PTR guys.
ADV Ubers: Minority Suspect vs Transcendent God Champion - one of my favourites for sure hehe
GSC Ubers: BKC vs Isa - Isa has shown himself to be fucking strong in GSC

Shoutouts to yohoE [the best manager ever], Blim[micks], hyw[cutie], soviet[u suck] & the rest of the genes for a fun thrilled season - i love you all [even ex-gene Krauersaut ]. We'll get what we deserve next time boiZzz & griLLZzz.

ORAS Ubers: old news vs Steve Angello - problems is better than steve so he takes this.
ORAS Ubers: The Trap God vs Omfuga - no idea who both ppl r.
XY Ubers: Hack vs PROBLEMS - ez
BW2 Ubers: Evuelf vs -Tsunami- - evuelf is p good at bw but tsunami has this staggering potential to hax the shit out of evuelf.
BW2 Ubers: WreckDra vs polop - better player and builder
DPP Ubers: Jirachee vs Alex Walls - whoever wins the hazard war turn 1
ADV Ubers: Minority Suspect vs Transcendent God Champion - lance cant get away with bringing exactly the same team this time... can he?
GSC Ubers: BKC vs Isa - idk? whoever clicks curse the most or something like that.

congrats problems for having 100% guaranteed upl win.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
ADV Ubers: Minority Suspect vs Transcendent God Champion - IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING LOL
learn2count

tie n cry bitches

hyw

Banned deucer.
Benbe To Win It All

Also old news omfuga hack evu palindrome alex and lance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)