- Recover
- Scald
- Haze

Lycanroc and kommo-o love tspikes so there u go

toxapex as ur gren check and fat glue

lando as physdef wall with yache to lure phero

aegi to wall half the meta

sprites arent available so!

team has indeed been playtested and is frusturatingly weak to elecs. I like Lando's constant ability to pressure teams that rely on pheromosa to kill everything by luring it and hitting it to the point where lycanrock can easily beat the shit out of it with accelerock.
Once aesiglash is checked starmie would destroy your team...

not quite sure why people like spamming landorus when it isn't even available yet, but so far I have had great success updating my in-game team to smogon standards. The only times my team have failed is when there were so many entry hazards set attacking became impossible. Definitely open for critique:

Shiinotic @ Leftovers
Effect Spore
252 Hp/ 252 SpAtt/ 4 SpDef
Modest?
Moonblast
Strength Sap
Energy Ball
Spore

Definitely a check to rampaging set-up sweepers or physical attackers in general. Spore is there for those special attackers that rarely make contact, such as toxapex (though I usually just switch out with it and send in either starmie to take care of it). Moonblast has great coverage and energy ball is useful. I think Shiinotic really is more of a pivot than anything else and lasts about as long as Gastrodon. It has reasonable bulk and can take several hits before a strength sap.

Starmie @ Coice Specs
Natural Cure
252 SpAtt/252 Spd/4 SpDef
Timid
Flash Cannon
Scald
Ice Beam
Psychic

I initially ran choice scarf on starmie but did have the power enough to take care of threats. Flash cannon is excellent fairy coverage covering Tapu Bulu whatever the psychic one is. Tapu Koko and Fini will still give starmie some trouble but that is why I have Vikavolt (for fini) and Palossand (for koko). Ice beam takes care of garchomp and psychic eliminates Kommo-o. psychic even makes a huge dent into golisopod (to which starmie reasonably struggles agasint, since it doesn't carry tbolt).

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Bulletproof
252 Att/ 252 Spd/4 Spd
Adamant
Swords Dance
Dragon Claw
Sky Uppercut
Shadow Claw

I hate decidueye and he falls to Shadow Claw. Tapu Koko and Xurkitree can be managed by the rest of my team. Palossand is otherwise walled by Decidueye. This was an intentional move to support Palossand. If you have beef and suggest earthquake, then Kommo-o will become set up bate to the likes of Mimikyu and Decidueye.

Vikavolt @ Electrium Z
Levitate
252 SpAtt/ 4 Att / 252 HP
Rash
Thunderbolt
Bug Buzz
Crunch
HP Poison

Vikavolt is my beautiful Golisopod counter and useful at destroying all things a bug can. I've given it electrium-z because it destroys stallers such as Chansey and Snorlax who would otherwise give my team some trouble. I have crunch because otherwise Vika is set-up bait to omnipotent Decidueye. HP Poison is for fairy coverage, as tapu koko only takes neutral damage from flash cannon, but receives SE damage from HP Poison. With a SE HP Poison it has the BP of 90. Crunch accounts for threats like Mimikyu. :3

Inceneroar @ Choice band
Blaze (only thing legal atm)
252 HP/ 252 Att/ 4 Spd
Adamant
Cross Chop
Darkest Lariat
Fire Fang
Leech Life

This cat hits like a truck and I ahte set up and fairy bait such as Outrage and I also hate recoil. Leech Life gives Ince viable recovery and has swept teams weak to bug. With a SE STAB Choice banded fire fang, I dish out enough damage to sweep. Dark chop is an excellent coverage move resisted only by the likes of Golisopod, to which I usually send Vikavolt to which destroys all things Golisopod (also he is so annoyingly common. WHY?)

Palossand @ Assault Vest
Water Compaction
252 Spa/ 252 Hp/ 4 SpDef
Modest
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Giga Drain
Earth Power

While I love Palo's new move Shore Up, Palo desperately needs the special defense boost to remain viable, and the assault vest affords just that. He hits like a tank and has recovery in Giga Drain. Earth power is a great stab move, as well as shadow ball. Psychic is useful for any fighting type that stupidly finds its way against Palossand. Nubchu dies to Palossand and Vika.

They're all sweepers. Mons I'm interested in replacing are Shiinotic and Palossand (despite my love for it). I am considering Mimikyu, and Dhelmise for possible replacements. I usually don't like playing with standard threats because I am uninterested by that; it seems smogon is based around playing with top threats and you win. Also greninja is checked very easily by my entire team. In every battle I've had that frog play against me, it died before it could activate the battle bond ability. So far though the pre bank ou has been defined by xurkitree + tapu koko, golisopod, decidueye, and toxapex to which this team counters very well. In fact I'll make a team of those five just to point out how *everyone* and their dog are using those five pokes right now, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
daddy's kisses Do you think some of the teams posted here could be added to the OP like sample team threads have done in the past? Right now the thread is sort of a big mess of teams, and I think it'd be helpful to have the more notable ones organized in the OP.

Also, can people please include replays in their posts from now on? Trying out a team without seeing it in action first can be hard.

Nevertheless, I love this thread! Building good teams at the start of a new meta (especially at the start of a new gen) is a real challenge, so I wanna say thanks to everyone that's shared a team!

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpA / 248 Spe
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Ice Beam

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Pursuit
- Sacred Sword

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 12 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Venusaur-Mega (F) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Too stupid to know how to put the team into the box thing. Built around Pheromosa + Bisharp. 248 Speed on Pheromosa just to outspeed Mega Zam/Aero. Aegislash is 2 gud 2 pass up. Pursuit is used on Aegi so I don't have to put pursuit on Bish,Trap Mega Zam, Lati etc. Sacred Sword is to lure Bisharp, Fat Exca, Ferro,Tran. Bisharp sits on any Non Sacred Sword Aegislash,Clefable check, a stallbreaker? since no1 is using quag atm. Lando-T for rocks and a ground immunity since pheromosa is a laughable ground resist, check Zard-X,Sand,Minior,etc. Mega Venusaur is there as a water resist, tank spore, has HP fire to cockblock Celesteela( pray u have enuf synthesis to beat it) and to help vs ferro/scizor; helps to also check Tapus like Koko,Fini, etc. Iirc the EV spread for Mega Venu has to do with checking Pheromosa and Greninja. Latios is there since Toxapex cockblocks majority of the team; HP fire cuz scizor/ferro/ celesteela have a fun time on shitting on the team, also helps checking Zard-Y which I click x to.

Threats: Any smart player dat knows how to use stall( pray for hax), the classic Pursuit Trap + Zard-Y, (feel free to tell any threats)
Pheromosa should always run max speed to speed tie other pheromosa. You aren't losing any significant power, but the extra speed is crucial.

Run Sassy or Quiet or Brave on Aegislash because you want your Aegislash to move last and stay in Shield Form longer.

Okay I wanna highlight two major cores in this team. This team is Hyper Offensive cuz the meta is new (and also like I haven't played a game in two years so I have no attention span due to all the sensory overload but I'll totally be back to playing stall when the meta settles).

The first core is Genesect + Pheromosa. This is a pretty well represented core in the meta but it's just so damn useful. I opted for Scarf Genesect cuz it's tried-and-true; Iron Head to bop Fairy-types if necessary. Pheromosa is absurdly strong, mine tailored to give Moxie. I went with Poison Jab just because it's nice to have the coverage. I'd use this core now while you can because it won't be around too long; these assholes are getting their asses banned eventually.

The other major core at play here is Ninetales + Marowak + Gyarados. Good GOD this core is effective. Ninetales gives support via Aurora Veil, which is honestly my favorite addition to an already amazing Gen 7. I use Encore to give free switches to stuff. Marowak and Gyarados both resist the Fire and Steel moves Ninetales attracts; Marowak is immune to the Electric moves people predictably throw at Gyarados and Fighting moves people aim at M-Gyarados, and it quad resists Bug moves (Ninetales 2x resists too) and 2x resists Grass and Fairy Moves aimed at M-Gyarados. Marowak is also resistant to Poison moves that are thrown at Ninetales. The ultimate goal of this core is to give Gyarados an opportunity to set up Dragon Dance, and Aurora Veil makes it possible to get to +2--at which point pretty much nothing stands up to M-Gyara, especially behind Aurora Veil.
*NOTE: This core is weak to strong Rock-type moves, but pretty much none of the Rock types want to eat too many STAB Moonblasts or Waterfalls/Bonemerangs. Worst case scenario, sacrifice Marowak to get Pheromosa in w/HJK*
*Another note: Ninetales really messes with Rain because it forces Pelipper to U-Turn to something while you set up Aurora Veil and profit*

Landorus is there because I'm annoying and hate this fucker but I'm also duplicitous and will use him. Actually tho, the Rock Polish set pairs really nicely with Aurora Veil support and can clean teams up really well. Nobody's really using the RP set right now, so it catches a ton of people off guard--especially when you convince people you've got one of the other LO + 3 attacks sets. I anticipate a Lando ban sometime in the future, so get your cakes while they're hot. Yeah, Mantine walls this thing (except for when it runs SE and it doesn't lol), but this guy is literally just as offensively powerful (and by that I don't mean like Tom Brady + Gronk; I mean like he's a dick [and so are Brady and Gronk, but I digress]) as he always was and he's definitely just as unpredictable as ever. All that said, he's easily the most replaceable member of this team and I may opt for a better answer to Rock-types but idk prolly nah cuz I don't really wanna play HO for too long...

But yeah, the takeaway from this post should be this: Use broken shit while you can and also like Ninetales-Alola+Marowak-Alola+M-Gyarados is a really good core.

I'll edit in the sets later, but pretty much everything is standard fare from the analysis. Only major tweak I made was max HP/max Spe Ninetales cuz the main focus of that thing is to set up Dual Screens (Aurora Veil).

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore
- Moonblast

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 112 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone
- Will-O-Wisp

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic
- Rock Polish

Here's a replay that shows the synergy of Genesect/Marowak/Ninetales/Gyarados
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-483980248

Another replay showing this team in action.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-484081740
*Note, despite my absolute shit play in this game, my team would have been even more effective. The turn where I miss Chansey w/Shadow Bone could have netted me a kill, and had I considered Rotom-W was scarfed, I would have kept Phero alive longer*

4 straight turns of Paralysis wyd? But like Lando cleans anyways http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-484093014

EDIT: Team is very weak to Mega Pinsir; you can splash Tapu Koko
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-485861862 Koko version.

Last edited:
I've been running with an Electric Terrain/Rain team:

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- Surf

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam

Armaldo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Cross Poison
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Aqua Jet

This team has been working out pretty well, though I kind of wish that I was maximizing the use of Electric Terrain beyond Raichu. The basic setup is to use the Pelipper/Tapu Koko VoltTurn core to set up Alolan Raichu to break some major holes in the opposition team. I run HP Ice over Focus Blast to cause major damage to Tapu Bulu/Landorous when they inevitably switch in. To take advantage of rain, I'm running a pretty standard mix of sweepers: MixDra/Bulky M-Scizor/Physical Armaldo. Scizor runs Pursuit over U-Turn for darkspam/trapping purposes, and my Stealth Rock setter Armaldo runs Cross Poison for Fairies instead of Stone Edge since I felt covered for Flying/Bug pokemon by other parts of my team.

I know there are places to really improve this team, (Mega Swampert would help once released) but I don't know the specifics. Most threats in this chaotic meta are covered. If anybody sees anything obvious, I'd appreciate suggestions.

Last edited:
Here's a team that I've not played with a ton yet, but the results are already promising and the team-building process was sound. This is a balance team that I'd imagine would be more popular in the future when the metagame settles out from sheer chaos, but it's already a solid team now that uses many underused Pokemon that are actually really good in OU, including 2 of the 3 most overlooked Ultra Beasts. It also happens to include both a FWG core and a DSF core. Alolan Sandlash is annoying, but it's really not all that common, and is probably even less likely to be a concern later when the hype dies down. Also, note the lack of Aegislash, Genesect, Pheromosa, and Greninja.

Decidueye (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

The first of the defensive core, Decidueye's great for checking Tapu Koko lacking Brave Bird, which isn't too common right now, and rain teams. He sports a handy set of resistances, including two immunities, and is used to check what Mantine can't and to grab momentum. This set really shines against Tapu Koko (most moves do not break the Sub), Toxapex, and stall teams, where it can safely pass intact Substitutes to Charizard X, Celesteela, or even Nihilego. Spirit Shackle is an awesome STAB move and really eases predictions. Roost keeps Decidueye healthy, of course.

Mantine (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 24 SDef / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

With a HP buff and a newfound access to Roost, Mantine is an incredibly powerful mixed wall in SM OU. It clears hazards, cripples walls, and threatens physical attackers, all while checking key threats such as Pheremosa, Aegislash, and Greninja lacking the incredibly uncommon HP Electric. The Speed EVs creep Skarmory and other things that try to creep it. Mantine is likely to give Toxapex a lot of competition later for being bulkier on the special side, Scald hurting significantly more, access to Defog, and a crucial Ground immunity.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Autotomize

I've seen a bunch of defensive sets, but honestly this sweeper set is just as good, if not better. Celesteela is a deadly sweeper against offensive teams. If it gets a kill against them to go +1/+2 with Pheromosa and fast Scarfers removed, it's all but good game. It also possesses enough natural bulk to handle priority attacks and can even switch into a few resisted hits to fire off an attack before boosting later. This is why Celesteela is holding Leftovers instead of a Life Orb. People just aren't properly prepared for this set.

Nihilego @ Black Sludge
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Even more overlooked, Nihilego is one of the best Stealth Rock setters in the tier and possibly the best offensive one. For this team, Nihilego brings a ton of offensive utility, solid special bulk to check Fairies and Fire types, and the ability to lure and eliminate the ubiquitous Lando-T and Garchomp, as well as Gliscor and Zygarde. It also can be used as a late-game cleaner; Beast Boost boosts speed with this spread. Max speed makes use of its nice speed tier to outspeed the Garchomp it beats and all max base 101's or lower. The special bulk should not be understimated - with just the 80 HP invested, Nihilego survived a Scarf Pelipper's surprise Hydro Pump in the rain with about 8% left, as seen in one of my replays.

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Standard Unaware cleric Clefable set. I'm considering Soft-Boiled and either T-Wave or Calm Mind to provide offensive support or threaten other CM sweepers, which could be a problem. 2/3 of the team has reliable healing. However, providing Wish support to the Ultra Beasts gives them some breathing room to utilize their bulk and improves their longevity. Protect is also useful for squeezing out some more Leftovers recovery and scouting for potential coverage moves of concern.

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws (Blaze)
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Swords Dance

The wallbreaker I packed for stall and nailing Heatran. It was also what came to mind when I realized I could satisfy both FWG and Dragon/Steel/Fairy cores with MegaZard X and also make use of my open Mega slot. Earthquake is chosen instead of D-Claw to hit Heatran, Toxapex hard and Aegislash without risking an attack drop, and the absence of Talonflame makes Earthquake not as risky of a choice as before.

I made some questionable plays against the Hoopa-U team, but it ended up working out.

Thanks for the time! I hope some people try this out, or at least some of the underused Pokemon on your own team! Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
P.S. Beast Boost is insane.

Last edited:
Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Blaziken (M) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Protect

Greninja (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Grass Knot

This the team that served me well since X and Y came out. The number six slot is always up in the air but was Bisharp for a good while. Any tips for this team of team busters? I'm especially interested in something to kill fairies.

I'll answer whatever questions about whatever moves of pokemon I use. no time to type right now.

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Protect

Greninja (F) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Grass Knot

This the team that served me well since X and Y came out. The number six slot is always up in the air but was Bisharp for a good while. Any tips for this team of team busters? I'm especially interested in something to kill fairies.

I'll answer whatever questions about whatever moves of pokemon I use. no time to type right now.
Just 5 Pokémon? Maybe Ferro for Spikes and defense. Aegislash could work too. Both kill Fairies with Gyro Ball or Iron Head, respectively

Just 5 Pokémon? Maybe Ferro for Spikes and defense. Aegislash could work too. Both kill Fairies with Gyro Ball or Iron Head, respectively
The 5 are the non-negotiable. I've killed full EV legendaries with each of them. After that I've been looking for "Killer #6." As I mentioned, Bisharp held the spot for some time, but was winning more by luck than anything else. I considered Silvally (Steel) but item issue raises some red flags.

Ema Skye

Work!
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Protect

Greninja (F) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Grass Knot

You're aware that by Smogon standards, your team is ubers due to the Blaziken, right?

It's also all kinds of weak to entry hazards so you'll want hazard removal. Maybe Excadrill if you're concerned about fairies, or Gunk Shot on Greninja?

You're aware that by Smogon standards, your team is ubers due to the Blaziken, right?

It's also all kinds of weak to entry hazards so you'll want hazard removal. Maybe Excadrill if you're concerned about fairies, or Gunk Shot on Greninja?
I was just about to mention Blaziken (kinda looked over it at first). Gunk Shot Greninja would be nice, as would Aegislash for some resistances and sheer power. For hazard removal, maybe Tapu Fini? That team hates status and doesn't utilize it much so it seems like a natural fit.

Oh I know. This is the team I used for ORAS Ubers. I'm just the weirdo who doesn't use legendaries lolz. Excadrill died a lot when I tried him, but i'll give it another go. As for greninja, every move fulfill a purpose as she's the lead. grass knot for the primals, taunt for obvious reasons, scald for burns and accuracy, ice beam for coverage. Gunk Shot's accuracy is too risky for me to try again.

Hey guys, I've been working on a Pre-Pokebank Rain/ET team (like many others). I wanted to see if anyone had any advice before I start developing it in-game.

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Volt Switch

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Leech Life

I'm not 100% on the Tapu Koko set, but I think that is generally fine. Garchomp is competing with a Sash lead for the SR on the team, but I'm leaning towards him right now. Not sure of the item chomp should hold (could also go sash or even mega). I don't see many people running more than Pelipper for rain starters right now, but I'd be open to others as well if it is needed. Still debating whether Scizor should go Mega Bulky SD or CB like it is now. Golisopod I threw in because I liked, but I'm not sure if it fits. I was thinking I needed a SpD pivot, so maybe either him or Goodra, but I'm really not sure on that last slot. I have no hazard removal, debating whether I need it.

I'm a new forum user and new team builder, so any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey all! Just curious, is there enough synergy between Greninja, M-Lopunny, Scizor, and Tapu Koko to put an OU team together? If so, what else would I need (preferably from Gen7) to round that out? Thanks in advance. ;)

Hey all! Just curious, is there enough synergy between Greninja, M-Lopunny, Scizor, and Tapu Koko to out an OU team together? If so, what else would I need (preferably from Gen7) to round that out? Thanks in advance. ;)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but M-Lop isn't available in Gen 7 currently :(

Given there's a lot of really powerful and interesting threats introduced (or brought back from Ubers) in S/M OU, I decided to give a Sticky Web team a go- and it's been excellent so far! Was hoping to get some feedback on it, though, because I'm sure there's some good ways to improve it:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Memento

Landorus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide

Xurkitree @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tail Glow
- Electric Terrain

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge

So Smeargle is the Sticky Web user of choice here because all the other users are pretty fucking terrible. Running Memento on it is really nice to make sure Smeargle isn't set up bait as well as to give other team members free set-up opportunities. Lando is pretty impossible to handle rn, especially with Sticky Web on the field. Rock Slide + HP Ice beats pretty much any flier looking to switch into Earth Power, and Knock Off is there so Lando can't be hard stopped by Chansey. Xurkitree is a very nice mon for the team because with webs on the field Z-Electric Terrain allows it to serve as a stop to rain teams, and even w/o webs it still has the speed to run through lots of teams. If you manage to get both Tail Glow and Z-Electric Terrain up you basically win the game barring an AlolaWak on the opponent's team. Bisharp discourages Defog and even with the Sucker Punch nerf hits hilariously hard at +2, making it a strong cleaner. Tapu Lele has Specs slapped onto it because specs Psychic OHKOs like half the metagame and it can even 2HKO Aegislash with specs Shadow Ball. Alolan Marowak rounds out the team nicely as a spinblocker and a Tapu Koko counter. It forces a fuckton of switches, allowing it to set up with either Flame Charge or SD most games and sometimes it can even set up both, in which case the game is basically over lol.

This is a team that I have been using that got me far into many OU tournaments and with high success in the ladder. It started being a team made to counter threats as Pheromosa, Aegislash, etc and it does exactly that. Skarmory and Heatran both set up hazards (spikes and rocks) and serve as phys. and special walls, Mega Venusaur is the MVP of this gen so far, who can tank hits from both spectrums pretty well and provide regeneration and pressure to pokemon like genesect. Bisharp can trap Aegislash and A-Marowak, and Landorus-Therian serves as a pivot who can come in into Dugtrio/Scizor and other mons this team has a problem of. Finally, Tapu Lele, the only pokemon from Gen 7, is also a scarfer who can outspeed (and OHKO) Pheromosa, and mostly serves as a wallbreaker and revenge killer

This team suffers from the one and only Greninja, who can be beaten by Lele.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Spikes

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 102 Def / 120 SpA / 30 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Earth Power

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is a team that I have been using that got me far into many OU tournaments and with high success in the ladder. It started being a team made to counter threats as Pheromosa, Aegislash, etc and it does exactly that. Skarmory and Heatran both set up hazards (spikes and rocks) and serve as phys. and special walls, Mega Venusaur is the MVP of this gen so far, who can tank hits from both spectrums pretty well and provide regeneration and pressure to pokemon like genesect. Bisharp can trap Aegislash and A-Marowak, and Landorus-Therian serves as a pivot who can come in into Dugtrio/Scizor and other mons this team has a problem of. Finally, Tapu Lele, the only pokemon from Gen 7, is also a scarfer who can outspeed (and OHKO) Pheromosa, and mostly serves as a wallbreaker and revenge killer

This team suffers from the one and only Greninja, who can be beaten by Lele.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Spikes

Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 102 Def / 120 SpA / 30 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Earth Power

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
why 4 attack on venu for no reason? free extra confusion damage?

Given there's a lot of really powerful and interesting threats introduced (or brought back from Ubers) in S/M OU, I decided to give a Sticky Web team a go- and it's been excellent so far! Was hoping to get some feedback on it, though, because I'm sure there's some good ways to improve it:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Memento

Landorus @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide

Xurkitree @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tail Glow
- Electric Terrain

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge

So Smeargle is the Sticky Web user of choice here because all the other users are pretty fucking terrible. Running Memento on it is really nice to make sure Smeargle isn't set up bait as well as to give other team members free set-up opportunities. Lando is pretty impossible to handle rn, especially with Sticky Web on the field. Rock Slide + HP Ice beats pretty much any flier looking to switch into Earth Power, and Knock Off is there so Lando can't be hard stopped by Chansey. Xurkitree is a very nice mon for the team because with webs on the field Z-Electric Terrain allows it to serve as a stop to rain teams, and even w/o webs it still has the speed to run through lots of teams. If you manage to get both Tail Glow and Z-Electric Terrain up you basically win the game barring an AlolaWak on the opponent's team. Bisharp discourages Defog and even with the Sucker Punch nerf hits hilariously hard at +2, making it a strong cleaner. Tapu Lele has Specs slapped onto it because specs Psychic OHKOs like half the metagame and it can even 2HKO Aegislash with specs Shadow Ball. Alolan Marowak rounds out the team nicely as a spinblocker and a Tapu Koko counter. It forces a fuckton of switches, allowing it to set up with either Flame Charge or SD most games and sometimes it can even set up both, in which case the game is basically over lol.
I feel like it's really hard to justify Sticky Web right now though, with all the insane hazard removal. As far as utility setups go, I would much rather use Aurora Veil because it's attached to a Pokemon that doesn't completely sink momentum/suck; Smeargle really is a liability if your opponent can play around what he dishes out. Literally all it takes is Genesect U-Turn into Sandstorm or Hail and Smeragle is dead after only one move. If a team has a way to remove Sticky Web, then your team pretty much falls flat against Pheromosa. She'll poke so many holes that all the opponent has to do is take out Marowak, which isn't hard considering Bulky Waters are literally everywhere.

This team looks like it has trouble dealing with the Genesect/Pheromosa core, especially if it's combined with either Ninetales/Tyranitar (or both, which could be a cool core, actually).

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Spore has reduced efficacy these days due to Misty and Electric Terrain literally being everywhere.

Last edited:
I'm seeing a lot of posts in here with Protean Gunk Shot Greninja, Genesect, Landorus, Megas with stones that are not available in Battle tree, and similar Pokemon. Does that mean they're all available right now?
That's for the Pokebank Meta, which will be the main meta in about two months when Pokebank actually releases. Unfortunately, Pokebank isn't likely to allow item transfer, so transferring megas probably isn't going to happen. The only available megas will be ones that have their mega stones available within just SM.

It seems ive been called to dump all my solid SM builds so here goes nothing. Enjoy!
As a heads up i may or may not be ready for shit like aegi or other broken shit due to how that stuff is getting banned anyways soon. (of course they don't auto lose)

upload_2016-11-27_17-18-58.png

Ninetales-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Nasty Plot
- Freeze-Dry

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Pretty standard run of the mill balance. wanted to try out alolan ninetales but at the same time hate using hail so i decided to just build around np ninetales. Works pretty nicely and freeze dry is cool for hitting stuff like rotom-w or mantine for SE damage. Cb dugtrio to kill off heatran. Rest is just a defensive backbone of mantine+tang and rocks tran and tapu koko to pressure stuff and clean the game.

upload_2016-11-27_17-20-50.png
upload_2016-11-27_17-22-31.png

Careful Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

Kommo-o @ Choice Specs
Ability: Bulletproof
Modest Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon

Mantine @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Fun stuff. Ive been a supporter of specs kommo-o ever since day 1 of SM. Its a fun mon with a spam-able stab. Other then that you got tapu koko to reap the rewards of specs kommo-o weakening stuff. Rest is just a nice defensive backbone of m zor/alolan maro/mantine with scarf landot to revenge kill stuff.

upload_2016-11-27_17-24-51.png

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Stone Edge

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Roost

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 44 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Nihilego @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu koko hates grass types and really does not want to use brave bird. Z-fly landot baits in the grass types like tang and m venu and smashes then with stab z-fly which clears the way for tapu koko. Offensive rocks nihilego is also a fun mon to use as its pretty strong and fast. M-zor in the back to deal with most of the meta and to clean the game. Buzzwole is a nice weavile/exca switch in while also providing nice offensive synergy with tapu koko. Latios checks keldeo and has shadow ball cause screw aegi.

upload_2016-11-27_17-27-50.png

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Claw / Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
IVs: 20 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Toxapex (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

For those of you that saw my team dump on the Overused bazaar you should remember this team. Basically just Toxapex over slowking lmao. T spikes act as a delayed win-con of sorts for when the opposing setter/remover is removed.

upload_2016-11-27_17-31-15.png

Necrozma @ Life Orb
Ability: Prism Armor
Timid Nature
- Earthquake
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Surf
- Moonblast

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch

Wanted to mess around with offensive necrozma. Pretty standard otherwise.

upload_2016-11-27_17-32-13.png
upload_2016-11-27_17-33-26.png

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 118 HP / 252 Atk / 138 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Megahorn

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Surf

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic

Magearna @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Aura Sphere

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

Used this team day one of SM and still holds pretty well. Used to use mega lop over keldeo but due to the circumstances that SM gave us i had to replace it with keld. Grassium-z tran helps with stall. Specs magearna serves as a pivot and a breaker. SD tapu bulu helps with slower teams.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot

Buzzswole (Buzzwole) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Mantine @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw

Standard zard-x balance. Thank god mantine is good now because now im no longer pressed to find decent hazard removal with zard. Also uses Buzz+koko which again is a solid offensive core.

upload_2016-11-27_17-36-25.png

Lusamine (Nihilego) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Horn Leech
- Zen Headbutt

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 44 SpA / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Solid team that uses spdef rotom-w to check aegi and gren. Specs nihilego is also a really neat mon in general due to how hard it hits. Really liking this UB. CB bulu helps break down teams as well which is nice. Celesteela kinda annoys this team though. As does skarm.

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Buzzswole (Buzzwole) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake
- Leech Life
- Ice Punch

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dazzling Gleam

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Surf

Been working on this beauty even before SM came out. Noveliss gave me the idea of using waterium-z manaphy and i put it into action. Not taking credit because he 100% is the creator of this set. Other then that standard. Hp ground koko for maro-A.

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dazzling Gleam

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Surf
- Psyshock

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Ability: Cursed Body
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

More z-Fly landorus-T. Self explanatory what this does.

upload_2016-11-27_17-40-37.png

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Megahorn

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

Latios @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpA / 16 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Pursuit
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Got bored so i decided to build with zard-y. Was pressed for pursuit trapper options so i picked aegi as it seemed the most logical choice due to how its super reliable at trapping psychics. Choice banded tapu bulu is a cool partner due to how the two really do a number against more balanced teams. Outdated

upload_2016-11-27_17-43-33.png
upload_2016-11-27_17-43-44.png

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Roost

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Showcased this in a live. CB zygarde-10% is more of a cleaner then a breaker due to the mediocre base 100 atk but does a pretty decent job anways. Scarf tapu lele is one of my favourite revenge killers and cleaners due to how its psychic stabs have a specs boost and make cleaning with them fairly easy. Roost buzzwole is the exca/weavile counter and also checks pheromosa and gene which is nice. Dual hazard ferro to help out zygarde-10%. M aero was just somthing that seemed good on this team due to the speed. Still outsped by pheromosa though. Siiiigh.

upload_2016-11-27_17-33-26.png

Lovers (Nihilego) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Chariot (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Empress (Magearna-Original) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Strength (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Justice (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Defog

Death (Marowak-Alola) @ Thick Club
Careful Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

This is a real jewl. Really solid team lmao. Return of specs nihilego and it has a m gyara with it also (which is one of my favourite megas). AV magearna which was somthing new i wanted to try serves as a nice pivot while also hitting hard with fluer cannon. Alolan maro takes on elecs for m gyara which otherwise prevent it from setting up. Defog latios so that gyara is not pressured by rocks and scarf landot completes a volt turn core with magearna while also being a RK.

upload_2016-11-27_17-46-56.png
upload_2016-11-27_17-47-39.png

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 198 Def / 58 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Taunt

MEGIDDO (Minior-Meteor) @ White Herb
Ability: Shields Down
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Acrobatics
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Wanted to try out minior so i gave it a shot. Fun team that uses Dragonium-Z rocks chomp. Dragonium-z outrage is in general a strong move that can seriously screw over stuff such as landorus-T which can normally tank a outrage. Unfortunate for them however that they cant tank a +1 Z-Outrage which gives you a 190 base power stab dragon type move. This in turn helps minior as landot checks it fairly well. Minior has HP fire so it can nail m zor/gene/ferro. Defog Tapu fini is the keldeo and weavile switch in. Bolt beam mega meta helps lure in stuff like skarm and celesteela. Tapu koko lures in quagsire while also dealing with waters and bringing its nice speed tier to the table. AV tang takes on opposing tapu koko and also helps tapu fini so its not pressured by constant switch ins.

Overall i like all of these teams quite a bit. one downside is some may or may not be weak to the broken stuff but you dont get put into a auto lose situation. Enjoy em. I also plan on RMTing that specs nihilego+m gyara team soon so watch out for that. Also some IV problems cause ps still does the whole thing with hidden powers.

More stuff im throwing in that are pretty nice and i dont wanna post so soon:

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Conversion

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Pretty solid team in general. Conversion pz makes for a really fun win-con. Mega metagross helps open up chances for pz to clean the game. CB tapu bulu also aids this by smashing pokemon with wood hammer and can bait stuff like venu with zen hadbutt. Specs latios to cripple chansey cause this team does kinda struggle with it. Lando-i helps soften things up for pz and gets rocks up.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Roost

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Psychic
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Lunge
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam

Tapu bulu hates skarm and celesteela. Well mag helps trap and remove both threats in order to let tapu bulu break down balance and stall with more ease. Helmet landot serves as a pivot to get bulu and pheromosa in while getting rocks. Manaphy helps break down stall further to help out pheromosa.

SWOLEBUG (Buzzwole) @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Earthquake

Brokenaphy (Manaphy) @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Bandorus-I (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Memesect (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Wanted to use subpunch buzzwole as this sets been getting some attention recently. In order to pressure stuff more you got spikes ferro and rocks lando-i. Scarf genesect reaps the rewards and cleans the opposing side. Oh yeah more waterium-z manaphy cause it also likes hazards up for hydro vortex to get some useful ko's.

Buzzwole @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Leech Life
- Superpower

Landorus @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost
- Shadow Ball

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Careful Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Similar to the one above with RP lando-i as the win-con. LO buzzwole helps weaken stuff for landoi also which is nice. Maro for electrics such as koko which annoy the two breakers. M zor provides a solid glue and a secondary win-con while defog s ball tios keeps hazards off the field and checks keld.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Landorus @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]

M zor BO with Psychic+hp ground volcarona in order to bait in two of the most common switch ins to both volcarona and mega zor with those two beaing heatran and toxapex. Rocks rock slide landoi in order to beat mantine with pursuit support from scarf tar in order to help volcarona break teams. Specs tios and tapu fini to complete the DFS core with zor. Solid team overall.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
Brave Nature
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Defog
- Haze
- Nature's Madness

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Alolan muk sand balance. Wanted to give muk a go and paired it with zard-y as it likes the pursuit support. Muk is stupid bulky with a AV and it provides nice utility with knock off. Other then that standard stuff.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Taunt

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Haze
- Defog

Pheromosa @ Expert Belt
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Zen Headbutt
- Superpower

Been playing around with this recently. Mega zam is a really good mega in this meta and can abuse the UB's Beast boosts which in general is scary. CB Bulu helps weaken stuff for m zam also which is neat. E belt pheromosa+Scarf landot provide a nice turn-turn core which give the breakers free chances to switch in. Tran sets rocks and takes on m zor which otherwise annoys this team. Last tapu fini helps with stuff like zard-x and weavile. This teams fairly weak to Mega pinsir so make sure to keep landot healthy and dont give it free chances to set up. Also slighty weak vs tapu koko/thund but w/e.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Surf

Landorus @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Wanted to use mimikyu as it seems interesting due to how disguise lets it check every mon in the game bar moldbreaker/terravolt mons. Saw it got walled by M venu, celesteela, Toxapex so i wanted to use a mon with a lure that could ko said mons. For this reason i went with SD rockium-Z terrakion which can seriously weaken or Ohko these mons. Overall these two are great at pressureing teams. RP landoi is a potential win-con thanks to how terrak and mimi seriously weaken stuff for the landoi sweep. Scarf tios is there to revenge kill stuff while rotom-w provides momentum. Rocks tran checks lele and genesect which is nice. Even got a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-491522117

Attachments

Last edited:
(yeah idk how to spoiler so I'm just going to try to using a method from another forum) and this is for pokebank ou cause of mantine
EDIT: yeah um this isnt complete since i use scarf lele instead of koko now
Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Megahorn
- Superpower

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Roost
- Toxic

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Water]

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Silvally @ Darkinium Z
Ability: RKS System
Timid Nature
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone

So, this is my team that was originally based off of this Silvally set I got out of a comment from YouTube and seemed interesting so yay. I made some sets then found some online then smushed them together, tested, switched, and all that stuff. I came to this. Silvally is a good lead that can OHKO Landorus-T with Ice Beam and since no one knows what Silvally can do or what moves it has, it's always nice if you get a free kill at the start. Also, I like Z-Parting Shot to heal up bruised attacked. The next pokemon I picked not including the fails or the pokemon who didn't make it into my team, was Alolan Marowak. This pokemon has a great typing and good abilties as in Lightning Rod and Rock Head. I chose Lightning Rod for the Silvally, Marowak-A, and Mantine trio. I chose Thick Club for the extra boost in attack which can be very useful. Next up is Mantine who is in the trio. Mantine now learns roost and can counter a lot of special attackers which makes it good. I used it originally for defogging hazards. It has the ability Water Absorb which helps protect Marowak. Marowak has the ability Lightning Rod to help Mantine. Silvally is Normal type to help Marowak and Marowak is Ghost type to help Silvally. Basically Alolan Marowak is very good. Next is Mega Metagross because I need a pokemon that does a lot of damage and is tanky and an extra bonus is that I have a steel type and a mega evolved pokemon. Then, I chose Tapu Koko cause I wanted to a pokemon that can take out Mega Pinsir quickly for some reason... Hidden Power Water instead of Ice or Fire cause it is still supereffective on ground types like Landorus but it can deal damage to Alolan Marowak. For pokemon like Ferrothorn, I would switch to Silvally, Marowak A, or Mantine (defog). Lastly, I chose Tapu Bulu for extra damage and because of grass typing that resists ground and can beat Rotom-Wash and other water types. Also, he is a beast that deals around 50% damage with Wood Hammer to Shield form Aegislash...

I've had some problems with Rotom-Wash because without Tapu Bulu, I can't do much to it. For Porygon Z, I haven't faced it much but I think Mega Metagross would be good against it after Z-Conversion but I do not know what I can do without it. Also, choice scarf users may be deadly and can pick up an easy kill then you have to be very careful after that.

Last edited:

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Landorus @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Pursuit
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 216 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Defog
- Taunt

Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Wanted to use Spikes because it's fun in an offensive meta, so I started with Ferro + Lando-I as the stacking core. Ferro is SpD to help with mons like Tapu Koko and annoy non Sub Aegislash. Landorus carries Stealth Rock, as well as HP Ice for other Landorus and Rock Slide for annoying birds that Defog like Mantine or Pelipper. Aegislash was added for Phero etc just glues things together really nicely. I originally was using Shadow Sneak but I've gone with Pursuit for a few reasons I'll explain later. Tapu Fini is the hazard remover (yeah I know I'm stacking) and checks mons like Landorus and helps with stuff like Greninja or Hoopa-U as well. Zard Y was added to help with Steels, particularly Celesteela which walls Landorus, and also helps to beat down bulky Water types. Last is Scarf Tapu Lele to revenge kill / sweep late game since the team is a bit slow. HP Fire is for Scizor of course but mostly you click STABs. I think Scarf might actually be better than Specs so far in this meta because Specs still gets annoyed by its checks and it can revenge kill a ton of mons with a Scarf. Pursuit on Aegi is chosen A) for removing some 'mons for Zard and B) because Shadow Sneak won't always work if Psychic Terrain is up. Using 2 Tapus is actually pretty cool since you can reset the Terrain as you'd like, and that can be particularly helpful against other teams using stuff like Tapu Koko as well. Probably weak to a bunch of stuff like stall but w.e, enjoy
I've been using Smack Down on Lando-I to break balance teams that rely on celesteela as their primary Lando answer, you miss out on ohkoing mantine, but I think celesteela is much more common anyways.

I'm replying to bludz, but i dont think this is a really useful change for his team since he thrives on killing Mantine and getting free switches into CharY on Celesteela. But, i didnt know where else I could go to say this since there's no creative sets thread.
Smack Down was cool in bw1 when physical lando was the set because you could knock down skarm and then force it out. Hasn't really had a use since then because focus blast 2hko'd spdef skarm, but celesteela is beefy enough to take it especially with leftover+protect+leech seed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)