SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
does the Z-move, Light that Ruins the Sky work the same way Photon Geyser does by hitting on the side of the attacking spectrum that necromza is invested in

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
does the Z-move, Light that Ruins the Sky work the same way Photon Geyser does by hitting on the side of the attacking spectrum that necromza is invested in
Yes. Just to note Photon Geyser and LTBTS always hit the opponent on the special side. What changes is which stat you're attacking with.
light that burns the sky also ignores abilities

Does anyone know how many stickers are needed to get the Totem Marowak, or if they're a postgame thing? According to Kaphotics' giftmon data, it's given to you at level 25. This means you can get around GameFreak's bizarre decision/oversight of Marowak evolving too late to learn Shadow Bone. Comes with 3 perfect IVs as a bonus too. Sadly it's version-exclusive to Ultra Sun regardless :/

Yes. Just to note Photon Geyser and LTBTS always hit the opponent on the special side. What changes is which stat you're attacking with.
“The user attacks a target with a pillar of light. This\nmove inflicts Attack or Sp. Atk damage—whichever\nstat is higher for the user”

Are you sure? It pretty much says that “inflicts Attack or Sp. Atk” depending on the highest stat.

“The user attacks a target with a pillar of light. This\nmove inflicts Attack or Sp. Atk damage—whichever\nstat is higher for the user”

Are you sure? It pretty much says that “inflicts Attack or Sp. Atk” depending on the highest stat.
"Photon Geyser compares the user's Attack and Special Attack stats, dealing damage to the target using the higher stat."

A bit vague, but it does sound like it it just uses the higher stat and does special damage.

Which, if that is the case, would be pretty cool to break past it's physically defensive opponents if it were to be physically offensive.

Whichever stats it uses to determine damage does not make it physical or special.

Psyshock, Psystrike and Sacred Sword are special moves that target the opponent's Defense, yet their damage is halved by Light Screen.

Something similar happens with Photon Geyser.

Whichever stats it uses to determine damage does not make it physical or special.

Psyshock, Psystrike and Sacred Sword are special moves that target the opponent's Defense, yet their damage is halved by Light Screen.

Something similar happens with Photon Geyser.
You mean Secred Sword, Keldeo's signature move. The confusion is understandable tho lol.
But yeah, LTBtS works the same way.
Still looking for an answer to my one question: can Apricorn Balls be bought at the Game Freak Center like I've heard you can?
You still get only one per savefile just like in SM.

I still want to know where the move tutors are found, and how they teach moves... Has anyone played through the game to find out?

I'm only on the 2nd island but each island so far has had a shop that trades BP for tutored moves (which differ depending on the island). BP stands for Battle Points and Beach Points both. If you don't suck at Mantine Surf (and I think even if you kinda do), you can get enough BP from a single ride to tutor one of the best tutor moves to your mons. The best example I can think of is Giga Drain, which can be tutored as soon as you arrive on the 2nd island.

I'm only on the 2nd island but each island so far has had a shop that trades BP for tutored moves (which differ depending on the island). BP stands for Battle Points and Beach Points both. If you don't suck at Mantine Surf (and I think even if you kinda do), you can get enough BP from a single ride to tutor one of the best tutor moves to your mons. The best example I can think of is Giga Drain, which can be tutored as soon as you arrive on the 2nd island.
Can you list prices for moves?

Wow, there's a bunch of cool stuff here. They appear to be trying to one up Mega Rayquaza, this is like Dragon Ball Super. Looks like Kommo-o might even approach decent with the new move tutors!

Sticky Web on Swirlix and ribombee :O That's going to give fairy another boost in Monotype: Webs offence fairy, here we go ;-;

Wait, wait, wait. This is vital info. What are the tutor moves?
The usual list + Defog, Liquidation, Throat Chop, Laser Focus, and Stomping Tantrum.

Although what island has what is useful to learn.

So wait, Tutors can’t be used with Battle Points as in the ones you get from Pokebank?

Has anyone confirmed that Kyurem's fusion mechanics are the same regarding its fusion moves (glaciate and Scary face into unique moves)? It seems like the new fusions accomplish the same thing in a much better way.

Juggling move sets on the gen 5 legends is really annoying without having like 7 of them.

Read the whole thread and didn't see this mentioned, so...

Kartana gets Tailwind.

KARTANA FINALLY GETS A SPEED-BOOSTING MOVE.

3 turns of hell, here we come.

The usual list + Defog, Liquidation, Throat Chop, Laser Focus, and Stomping Tantrum.

Although what island has what is useful to learn.

So wait, Tutors can’t be used with Battle Points as in the ones you get from Pokebank?
I was refering to what tutors in which locations on the first two islands (and the others to if anyone went that deep). Cause if you can get Superpower on like the third or so island, this changes everything.
Also, let me guess, we get to use Mantine surf on the second or so island, right?

I was refering to what tutors in which locations on the first two islands (and the others to if anyone went that deep). Cause if you can get Superpower on like the third or so island, this changes everything.
Also, let me guess, we get to use Mantine surf on the second or so island, right?
You get to use Mantine Surf as soon as you complete the Grand Trial in Mele Mele, and the game kind of forces you to. Otherwise, it is entirely optional and 99% of the time you'll be using Charizard Glide anyway once the novelty of it wears off

BTW, BP farming through Mantine Surf is incredibly inefficient compared to the Battle Tree.
Also^2, Apricorn Balls info, pretty please?
Again, only one per savefile.

So it is the same? Well my 700 - 800 bp saved on the Bank will come in handy then.
Yeah, BP stands for both Beach Points and Battle Points.

Oh, btw idk if anyone's brought this up before but Lucky Eggs are farmable again. It's back to being Chansey's held item. They're found on Poni Island and will SOS call other Chansey & Blissey so you can use them to Exp Grind as well.

All the tutors costs are here: https://pastebin.com/raw/4qA0R5zE

Also, some people. Here are dangerously getting into story spoilers, please don't do it.

Also^2, Apricorn Balls info, pretty please?
You get to use Mantine Surf as soon as you complete the Grand Trial in Mele Mele, and the game kind of forces you to. Otherwise, it is entirely optional and 99% of the time you'll be using Charizard Glide anyway once the novelty of it wears off

BTW, BP farming through Mantine Surf is incredibly inefficient compared to the Battle Tree.

Again, only one per savefile.
Thanks. This actually makes things SO much better.
And those like 600+ BP's I currently have in Pokebank sure are looking nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)