Uncharted 3 trailer, game of the year confirmed

Game of all time is a stretch. Game of the year is pretty likely. I haven't seen a game yet that looks as detailed and pretty as UC3. Gameplay looks decent too.

this honestly seemed more like a movie trailer than anything else
not that that's necessarily a bad thing

the gameplay on the ship looked really great

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
AND SKYWARD SWORD!! >:d

No but in all seriousness. Uncharted 3 is a beautiful game from a visual standpoint, with excellent direction and excellent voice acting. I'm not at all a fan of shooters, but I'd like to play this game just to watch it. I've got to say though, that I am not at all a fan of quick time events or extremely linear games, so that seriously dampens it for me, but at the same time, it's beautiful and fun to watch.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Elena!

First game was average. Second game was absolutely fantastic. Looking forward to this. Haven't seen anything but the two trailers as I don't want to spoil any of the interesting mechanics they might throw at me =)

The trailer annoyed me.

Every single guard was staring into a spotlight (thus blinding themselves; you're supposed to look where the light is pointing), away from the door they're guarding (so, um, what's the point?). Really fucked up my suspension of disbelief.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think it's pretty damn early to count L.A. Noire out for that, but if Uncharted 3 is as good as 2 then Noire is beat.

Actually, I favored inFamous over Uncharted 2 back in 2009, and another inFamous game just came out. It's not a huge improvement over it's predecessor though, so the ball is in Uncharted 3's court.

EDIT: Actually, I just beat inFamous 2, and it's better, so so much better than the first one. There's a moral choice at the ending that I took five whole minutes deciding on. The ramifications were so delicious.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I thought Uncharted 2 was breathtakingly good...for those who haven't played it, imagine the Tomb Raider franchise and then make it 10x better.

Really looking forward to this one. I hope the level locations are as varied as Among Thieves...bouncing from Turkey to Borneo to Nepal to Tibet was awesome fun. Looks like we'll have a gritty London level so that should be interesting. I still occasionally boot up UC2 for a game of Co-Op Survival so I hope they expand on that feature too.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't mind if it had the depth and atmosphere of Last Revelation to be honest (course Last Revelation is one of my favorite games), which it looks like the new Tomb Raider game is returning to. Uncharted 2 is more of an improvement over Tomb Raider Legends, which I also loved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)