Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
krookodile.pngmanectric-mega.png
gligar.png
latias.png
empoleon.png
Spr_7s_784.png

This team is a volt turn Bulky Offense Team built around krook. Krook is able to pursuit trap things that can be annoying to the team as well as speed control. Manectric provides Intimidate + volt switch support. Gligar acts as a pivot and SR setter. Latias is an offensive pivot. Empoleon provides defog support as well as having great defensive synergy with with gligar. Flash cannon is preferred as fairies are annoying as well as dealing with kyurem a little better. Then Kommo-o is a win condition that enjoys krooks pursuit capabilities. (PS sorry for Kommo-o being above everyone else.)

♥
[
or
]
~ Importable.

Since of the teams that have been posted showcase portray Krookodile as Scarf user, I wanted to try something different with it instead. I'm going with my favorite and somewhat underrated set Groundium Z which makes good use of Krook's overall nice move pool. I believe that it can do great work to some of its defensive checks and you can set up rocks when forcing a switch, as you can use it to bluff the opponent a lot by making them think it is scarf. The team itself is very self-explanatory but I'll still try to explain a bit. This is a VolTurn balance that mainly consists of Pokemon like Mega Manectric and Crobat that are great at keeping momentum supported by two cool speed control Pokemon in Mega Manectric itself and Choice Scarf Terrakion that are both also able to abuse entry hazards set up by Klefki and Krookodile. Last but not least, Suicune is mainly good on this team as it improves the matchup vs Scizor and Mamoswine however, Primarina is a good alternative too as it can take advantage of the volturn to get free switches and dish some heavy damage vs bulkier teams. I swear this team is pretty good (and it also gives you luck lol) it helped me quite A LOT in the UU open and I have never lost a game with it so I just felt like sharing it, enjoy!and vote for me.

vs edi0n- https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-796786592 Suicune Version
vs explodingdaises- https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-789729697 Primarina version
I have more but these two showcase the team perfectly :]

1535780473286.png

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock

I wanted to build around Krookodile + Suicune, seeing as Krook can check the electrics that pressure Suicune, and can be a general nuisance to mons like Latias that also bother Suicune. I specifically went with Superpower Krook since Suicune itself along with Doublade are good at checking Aero, and a taunt Hydra in particular would be annoying to this team so hitting it hard with my Krook is a huge help. So starting with Krook and Suicune, grasses like Rotom-C especially, looked immensely threatening. I added it's brother Rotom-H since it's a good check, and also a good check to flyings when max HP with tbolt. Togekiss flutters in as the stallbreaker for the team, and the main Hydra check with it's fairy typing. Next, musketeers, Cobalion and Terrakion, looked like a major issue. Latias was also looking like a pain. So I added Doublade to check all of the above in one slot. Lastly, I needed a rocker, and something that threatened Empoleon since the rest of this team has such an uphill battle against it. Mixed rocker Kommo-o was practically perfect for this. I had a lot of freedom with the ability, since Krook handles the shadow ballers just fine, Suicune can absorb sleep, and Doublade can bother Sylveon. I ultimately decided on bulletproof since Stakataka could prove somewhat annoying in a scenario where Suicune gets weakened, but the ability is very customize-able here, and this team is built in a way where I could easily bluff the other two abilities at any given time. I could even switch to either of those abilities if I saw it fit.

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
This was a really close week, but it looks like Accelgor wins this round! Congratulations friend :D

Accelgor - 9
Juuno - 8
Moltracer - 5
vivalospride - 3
itsjustdrew - 2
Smallsmallrose - 1

---------------------------------------------

We've noticed that both of the bros are really, really good right now, so we've decided to do a week where you can submit teams with either Slowbro or Mega Slowbro, your choice! These guys are the definition of "really hard to kill", and their newfound Block sets have given them a whole new niche to add on to their already-existing ones. The new VRs put them both at A-, and this is no fluke.

Get your slowb teams in by Saturday, folks!

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost

Tsareena @ Rose Incense
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Synthesis
- Rapid Spin

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

I've made this team a little while back when pif posted in the UU chatroom a stall team composed of Tenta, Umbreon, Doublade and Haze bat in particular (the next two were bliss and sciz I believe). From the looks of it the team really suffered Tsareena, as almost every member of the team got 2hko'd by Rose Incense Power Whip: the only thing really stopping it was bat. Not a lot of effective stuff came up until I remembered about the Future Sight Mega Bro trend + Terrak that was starting to getting some usage.
After the first three were decided, I had a good pivot and solid Scald switch-in, a good answer way to chip/severely dent Water-types (like Tenta and Empo) and Lati or Hydra; on the other hand U-Turn and Scizor was looking like a big threat. Moltres fitted in perfectly as being a reliable Scizor answer and sporting a very powerful nuke in Supersonic Skystrike, while completing the Fire/Water/Grass core. It also exploits teams who use Tenta as their Terrak/Hurricane switch-in too as they are getting a max special attack future sight right in their chin. The mega Mane weakness was pretty apparent, I needed a scarfer and therefore Krook was needed. Despite being very exploitable when locked into a move, it's very easy to splash onto teams as it covers so much in return. Next I needed a rocker, a draco switch-in, a steel and a moltres answer, which is why Shuca Empo with Roar was chosen, as it patches up the Nidoking/EQ Shark match up a little while not being set-up bait.
Terrak is Adamant but you can go Jolly as well, I like the additional power as I have switch-ins for Cobalion and opposing Terrak anyway. The speed on bro is for Amoonguss and possibly getting an Ice Beam / Future Sight off before they sleep it.

The team really likes stall match-ups (even mega alt takes a lot from a good Tsareena whippin' + Future Sight) and slower teams in general, as adamant Terrak and Tsareena really mess those up. Mega Mane and Shark trouble this team a bit but they are all workable.
I really love this team. It's the one that I built that I like the most so far and it's very cool to see it in action, expecially when Future Sight goes off and stuff just pops out of existance. I got pretty up in the ladder (1600 lol) with it too with a really good record, but unfortunately I've no screenshots. Feel free to try it out!

justdrew

is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
I've never won one of these and as the saying goes, "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again." So here goes!

Slowbro @ Waterium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Block
- Toxic
- Rest

Nihilego @ Black Sludge
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 72 HP / 8 Def / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray
- Power Gem
- Pain Split

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Defog

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Heal Bell

This is a semi stall team I made right after I read Misa's post on block slowbro. I really hate writing descriptions so I will make this short. I supplemented the initial slowbro, bulky water, and moltres, scizor check, with a flying resist in nihilego. I added toxic spikes + pain split on nihilego for chip damage and longevity respectively. Steelix was the electrium z lati check, since this is semi stall I have to have counters to the standard hyper offense sweepers. I then chose hydreigon as speed control and wanted a cleric so I chose florges because it would provide me with double defog. This team was pretty consistent on ladder earning me a record of 15-2 above 1600. I love semi stall and big thanks to Amane Misa for the inspiration with all her semi stall builds and use of block slowbro. Enjoy!

Ok, posting my stall.

Stakataka @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 32 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpA / 96 SpD / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Defog

or

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 136 HP / 212 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Defog

So I wanted to teambuild a team with Mega-Slowbro + Hydreigon on stall as anti-meta stall core but at the same time trying to avoid an unorthodox built or something with too common/big weakness. Personally I think Mega-Slowbro and Hydreigon are ideal on stall, Mega-Slowbro its one of the best checks against threats such Terrakion and Mamoswine which its big because those threats can potentially break any kind of stall without Mega-Slowbro. Also helps me against a popular stallbreaker in the current meta as Nasty Plot Infernape with priority (Nasty Plot ape w GK its scary to face for this team) and helps against combos such like Future Sight Slowbro + CB Terrakion as the only reliable answer in the UU current metagame. I decided to use CM Mega-Slowbro on this team cause its good to have a wincon to end games easier, specially with a good defensive backbone in the back (good sinergy with Wish Blissey / Hydreigon, Wish Alomomola and spamming scalds and toxic to make the work easier for CM Mega-Slowbro in end games). Hydreigon its a very anti-meta pick on Stall right now cause helps you to beat stuff as Block Slowbro (hot trend rn), CM Chandelure, Decidueye, Crawdaunt, Taunt Mega-Houndoom, non-Dazzling Gleam Nasty Plot Celebi, non-Focus Blast CM Reuniclus, Marowak-A under Trick Room, etc. I'm using 2 different sets, one of them its a Bulky Taunt set with leftovers which is more useful overall but offensive tank hydreigon with Dragonium Z helps better against Crawdaunt and Taunt Mega-Houndoom. I decided to go with the classic core of Blissey + Alomomola + Quagsire cause I kinda needed it. Blissey its my cleric and answer to special hard hitters as Specs Primarina, Specs Volcanion and Specs Hydreigon, I needed Heal Bell + Toxic so I can beat CM Latias (along Stakataka) and Nasty Plot Celebi. Then I needed a Wisher, Rocky Helmet Alomomola was the best option cause helps me against CB Scizor and Mega-Sharpedo, Quagsire helps here against stuff like SD Scizor, SD Doublade and DD EQ Mega-Altaria. I dont think triple water its redudant here, cause every water on my team has a different job. So in the last spot I needed a Steel type with Stealth Rock but at the same time a Togekiss check / another check to CM Latias, clearly Stakataka was my only option to use.

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Scald

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Tail

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Honestly, Mega Slowbro's one of the best setup sweepers in the tier and I aimed to build around the traditional Calm Mind / Slack Off / Scald / Psyshock set while covering its common weaknesses. The biggest threats to Mega Slowbro are offensive checks in Mega Sharpedo and Hydreigon, or defensively potent tanks that can threaten it with a Toxic, such as Empoleon. Pairing it with the dual Defog core of Moltres and Empoleon was a no-brainer as the two can remove hazards, particularly Toxic Spikes, from the field and allow Slowbro to pivot in and out with more ease. Flyinium-Z Moltres checks most Grass-types that would hope to check Mega Slowbro while also providing the team with an offensive nuke. Empoleon can deal with most Pokemon that would try to Toxic Mega Slowbro and can also nullify opposing Empoleons via Knock Off. I'd have loved to fit its other common utility moves like Protect or Roar but I believe that the combination of Toxic and Knock Off better suits this particular team's needs. Adding Togekiss helped to check the aforementioned Hydreigon and also gave the team an out versus stall teams, and it also supports Mega Slowbro quite well as a cleric. Heal Bell can allow for some scenarios, such as staying in with Mega Slowbro against an opposing Empoleon to try and fish for a Scald burn to put it on a timer, as any Toxics aimed at Mega Slowbro can be healed later on. Choice Scarf Krookodile is just fantastic for the tier at the moment, and its strengths significantly benefit the team. Potentially trapping dangerous threats to Mega Slowbro, such as Latias, Gengar, and Chandelure, are huge and allow for the rest of the team to shine more brightly. Iron Tail is mainly there for Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, which is potentially dangerous for the team to handle if Stealth Rock is up to limit Moltres's ability to check it. Rocky Helmet Cobalion discourages any attempts to wear down Mega Slowbro with repeated U-turns and also sets up the essential Stealth Rock, while also providing the team with a potent wallbreaker.

I've really enjoyed using this team lately and would like to encourage others to try it out for themselves. Have fun! :psyglad:

Slowbro.png
(-Mega)
Togekiss.png
Rotom-heat.png
Amoonguss.png
Metagross.png
Krookodile.png

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Slack Off

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

Metagross @ Steelium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Fire Fang

So I wanted to build a team with focus blast MegaBro + Togekiss, to get the full experience of luring an Empo for Togekiss to take advantage of. So of course, we started off with 3 attacks Mega Slowbro, with Focus Blast to hit Empoleon like a freight train on it's potential switchin to Bro. Next up is Togekiss itself, which has it's usual nasty plot stallbreaker set. It partners up with Bro here by checking many mons Bro doesn't want to take such as grasses and Hydregions, and preying upon any weakened penguins that find themselves on the wrong end of a Focus Blast. Next up, we have Rotom-Heat. Which is the primary flying check, Scizor check, and defogger for the team. Opposing waters, especially breakers like Primarina looked....Really bothersome at this point. So I brought along an Amoonguss to be an absolute pain in the neck to any water breakers that threaten my team. Next up, we have Metagross. I needed a rocker, and I still needed a decent Lati check. I would normally go with Megalix here on most teams if you know me, but I wanted my Bro to be a Mega Bro. So I had to think of some OTHER rocking steel that helped with Lati. And so I came upon Metagross. Since I had no Z, I decided I could put steelium Z here, which always OHKOs Latias, Primarina which I outspeed Modest, and puts massive damage into just about everything that doesn't outright resist steel. Lastly, we have Krookodile. Krookodile is scarf and it can also trap Lati to further bolster my matchup against it. I used Fire Fang since Scizor still kinda felt like an issue and I already have things like Aero and Altaria covered well enough that I feel I didn't need something like Stone Edge or Iron Tail.

Last edited:
(lol it’s a sprite clusterfuck)

Freeze Your Brain (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Free Mega Doom (Houndoom-Mega) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Home Depot (Rotom-Mow) @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Pain Split

Cardi B (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Toxic

Squashed (Heracross) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

3 Hoes (Hydreigon) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

I suck at explaining but I decided to create this team around the premise of Slowbro+Mega Houndoom. Scarfed Terrakion and Scarfed Ape while both being two sets on a decline both shut down Mega Doom’s sweep so why not abuse that with Slowbro who I also gave the potential to be a wincon. Mega Doom is also really capable of handling Emp+Hippo which can end the Bro’s sweep via phasing (Emp especially gives some issues). Mega Doom can give your opponent a bit of a surprise factor when it really runs through Emp+Hippo. Slowbro has Ice Beam as a lure for Hydreigon and Latias and so it has a way to break through them. Mega Doom is standard NP set nothing to write home about. Mowtom was a 3rd option because it benefited from having two mons that could soak up those strong Fire type moves and it also granted a ground immunity with hazard removal. I have Pain Split as the 4th slot because I usually like my Z-move counterparts of Rotom to have some sort of recovery. Now the 4th slot changed quite a bit for the most part it was originally Cobalion but I then had no Flying resist so I then opted for Rhyperior to keep up the offensive pressure but then it made Hydreigon a complete bitch to fight against so I then realized that Diancie fills both of these roles in one slot so I opted for that. Diancie is a really unique pick in the UnderUsed metagame but a welcome one (oh the pure irony of that statement). Now this team originally had a Specs Moltres and had a cool Double Defog tech with Hydreigon but a team with 6 Special Attackers means that Blissey is soaking that shit up for days without breaking a sweat so I picked Heracross to do the job of shutting down Miss Beauty Queen that also doesn’t completely fold to Scizor as long as it doesn’t click BP. Now finally I have a Hydreigon because why not. It provides the team with some necessary speed control with a Scarf and also has Flamethrower to fuck up some Scizors. Ta da! Hope you like this interesting team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)